It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I get it wrong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Have you ever seen a terrible act being committed that filled you will anger?

Did you wish you had some special power that you could channel your rage and anger at the person committing the terrible act so that it caused him instant pain or death. Did you stare at that person that you hate and despise so much that and just wish their head would explode instantly. Did you see what they did and in the same instant judge them and sentence them for their crime and decide they had no right to share this planet with you.

I am noticing how many people over the last few months (myself included) are been drawn into this mass judgement on events. We are seeing many events/images that have never been made so mainstream before. The mass judgement then follows.

For sometime now I thought as a species we were all fairly similar beings. It seems though that i may be mistaken. Seeing how people are reacting to so many large events it appears that I am living on a planet that is mostly populated by saints. People of immaculate standing that never stray off the path of rightousness. People that are so quickly to condemn others have obviously lived examplary lives themselves.

(Maybe a lot of the voices and judgements are coming from a mostly younger generation who have not been here that long and have not yet had to make tough calls that greet everyone on their journey.) Or maybe it is only me that has made mistakes here and that is why I sometimes try to hold back a little before condeming someone to horrible pain and death and then the deepest darkest recess of hell.

When you come to the end of your life and you are looking at the mirror that is handed to you, what will you do?

Will you have an excuse for every mistake you made?

Will you blame what someone did to you for something you did.

Will you seek vengence and punishment for all those that have wronged you on this planet.

or

Will you hold your hand up and say , Yes, I made mistakes. I am guilty.

I forgive everyone who every did anything to hurt me or anyone else.

There is a new mantra being drilled into everyone these days. The mantra is being uttered by a machine. A faceless machine. 'We do no forgive, We do not forget'

You will always be stuck right in the middle of the sh1t if you do not forgive or do not forget. You will never be able to let go of the past.

I forgive and move forward. We can all forgive and all move forward.

Or maybe I have this all wrong and I am one of the few sinners on a planet filled with saints.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes. Kill the people who did something wrong. What will that make you? A hero? Crusader? No. It'll make you a monster. That's all.
People make mistakes. It is God's job to punish them. Not Yours.
Yes I have made mistakes. But me not accepting it won't chage the fact would it? So my reaction after death when I'm given the mirror will be:
Fuuuuuu!!!!! I'm DEAD!!!!! Fuuuu!!!!!! Screw You Rupert Murdoch!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You can forgive, but never forget.

Those who forget the past tend to repeat it...

Would anyone give back the reign of a country to Adolf Hitler? You could forgive him, but never forget, unless your wish is to relive the same mistakes again and again.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

You will always be stuck right in the middle of the sh1t if you do not forgive or do not forget. You will never be able to let go of the past.

I forgive and move forward. We can all forgive and all move forward.

I don't agree with this. It's ok not to forgive somebody and still move forward.

Why do I believe this? Because I have no control over what other people think, or how they behave. I can only control my own emotions and process my own feelings.

Sometimes the sh1t that happens is a learning process that needs to be addressed for what it is, so you can move forward.

Think about it, if you find yourself in sh1t, to forgive it means that you will accept it over and over again, wherease if you retain it for what it is or was, you will be less like likely to do it all over again!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Forgiveness only feeds the ego, thus, is self-defeating. The only way around that is to kNot judge peeps for their actions, to then love everyone unconditionally.

Once you achieve unconditional love, you will be the better for it and so will the werld.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I must admit, I have felt that way very recently as a matter of fact. When I saw that video of the judge hitting his daughter?
I never wanted to throttle someone, or use every curse word on somebody so badly, in a loooong, long time.
Will I have an excuse for my mistakes? I hope I'd take responsibility for my actions... but I'm not without fault, no sir.
edit on 11/5/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Not only do we have our sins covered if we love God, but we are to cover the sins of others in forgiveness. When the power of love overcomes the love of power, peace comes. We either light the fire we burn by, or we are the light on the path for others. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. "No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." LINK

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hear whats been said but have to disagree.

If you do not totally forgive you will be met with the same person or situation again and again.. It will be in a different disguise, but it will ultimately be the same situation that you refuse to accept.

As someone brought up Hitler(as someone always does) if we do not forgive and forget we cannot be ready for an even bigger challenge.

People are stating how important it is not to forget not to make the same mistakes again. I truly believe you cannot move forward until you completely surrender to a situation no matter how terrible it is and accept it totally. The situation will dissolve before you and you will not encounter it again.

The pervading mood in soceity as a whole at the moment is one of revenge and as long as that contiues we will not move forward. Hanging all the bad people will not fix this. If we do that it will just happen again. I think as a society forgiveness is an option.

Buttugly what your saying is totally correct but i am referring to forgiveness in the sense of everyday life. It would help a lot of people. Bringing in the ego is a whole seperate issue that we could dicuss for eternity. I like to ignore it. It deserves to be ignored for a while.

People do want to forget out of fear. If you tune into your inner body instead of your brain it guide you.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

i put the bible down some time ago. there is some good stuff in there.

love and hate are the same.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

People are stating how important it is not to forget not to make the same mistakes again. I truly believe you cannot move forward until you completely surrender to a situation no matter how terrible it is and accept it totally. The situation will dissolve before you and you will not encounter it again.

That is like putting your hand on a hot stove over and over again expecting not to get burned.

The pervading mood in soceity as a whole at the moment is one of revenge and as long as that contiues we will not move forward. Hanging all the bad people will not fix this. If we do that it will just happen again. I think as a society forgiveness is an option.

See, here you are assuming that not forgiving somebody means that you want to hang them. Sometimes not forgiving means you have to turn around and walk away. This can be much more liberating than forigiving.

People do want to forget out of fear. If you tune into your inner body instead of your brain it guide you.

Learning lessons from people I would rather not forgive has put me in tune with my body. If I sense that something is not right with a person or a situation, I am more apt to follow my gut instincts and walk away. Then I don't have to even worry about forgiving the person down the road!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can easily forgive others for their mistakes and transgressions. After all to err is human.
However, the guilt of my own misdeeds keeps me awake at night and torments me during the day. There is no escaping it. If I could forget? Maybe someday.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am a beliver in Karma. I accept that I will do bad things because I won't know better but when I find out I have done something wrong then I do the best to correct it. I can forgive and forget small things without problem. But there is stuff that I lived thru that I don't forgive or forget. There are some people that are more animal/demonic behavior than normal human behaviour. This is because we tolerate hate and ego and let people create fear without standing up to them. And on the other part we don't tolerate things we should tolerate. I have seen the weekness in people to not stand up for what is right and just turn a blind eye since you are not affected so much. Society creates it's madmen and deserve the plight of it. It is karma on a society level. Turning a blind eye (inaction) is also an action and will also create karma.

From my point of view it is not god that punishes ous. God has set up the rules but it is the individual who chooses his action and punishment by his action. God does what he can to make us listen and avoid bad actions but we sometimes fail to listen. Some lifes you move forward some lives you move backward on the karmascale. The reason for the scale is to keep the enligtened souls (harmounious) and the barbaric souls separated. I don't need to judge any other souls. I judge myself perfectly and so do every other souls when we die. Im a beliver in that All is one. But I cannot be one with someone that don't wanna be one with me. I can love their potential but have to face fact that some are not evolved. The all you sins (karma) are forgiven is only an illusion. It's a way for a soul to move forward without looking back and was probably added to remove sin from the first testament.

The sins of the father goes on because we are thaught hate, ego and fear by the stupid system we have created and don't seem to be able to get rid of since people are afraid of change. If we don't change the system we will have an apocalypse. I don't know when but more and more people will live on earth as in hell and fewer people will think of this as paradise. What is needed is a total leveling of the classes. No one above or below you. If you don't create paradise for all then you will not be allowed to have paradise for yourself. It all or none.

Above is only my thoughts and If they don't fit ignore them. Namaste

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That is exactly how I felt when i was watching all the protesting videos yesterday about the OWS on you tube. I saw so much anger being projected by the people, and the police brutally beating and arresting them made me want to teleport at that scene and blow the cops head off with a 12 Gauge. They were hurting MY people, the people whom I share this planet with. I felt empathy for each and every human being thus I felt their pain and sorrow. I am an empath myself, and it just sucks watching violent videos filled with hate and pain.

top topics

join