It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Believes Ron Paul Is Just another part of the machine???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdweller1

Dude: If you live on earth, you're part of the machine!

Ron Paul is a doctor and a Congressman, and he's not blatantly disagreeing with TPTB.

But he is disagreeing with the status quo more than just about anyone else I've ever seen. And he seems to have a good handle on what's really going on.

I mean, what do you want? The most hard core dissenters are dead already. For anyone who disagrees with the "machine" it's a tightrope walk. I think he's doing a pretty good job considering he's not a professional circus performer, like most of the other candidates.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A career politician will not get my vote.

Nor will any candidate associated with the Republican or Democratic parties.

If that means whoever I do vote for won't stand a chance.. so be it.

If I were to create a profile of those politicians I believe have sold out our country.. time and again... they'd all have those things in common. Why compound past mistakes by repeating them?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

Yes you are. Ron Paul has been fighting the machine for decades. Do some research, check his record, his stance on all topics. The " hes just another politician" bit couldn't be further from the truth.

But how long has the "machine" or as I call it the system been around?
The people we're dealing with plan moves decades, possibly centuries ahead.

If said people truly exist, and aren't some delusion of a conspiracy theorist, well then Ron Paul would be filling a perfect role designed by said people. He caters to those who question the system. He can be used as an example to show what "crazy" people believe. "Down with the federal reserve!"

You can talk theoretically all day about how Ron Paul's ideas are what this country needs and deserves, but how he's been used in the Mainstream media, even the daily show and colbert, suggests he is indeed just a pawn in a mighty game of "chess." These people do indeed think of it as a game.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah Ron Paul is like all the others.

www.opensecrets.org...

Please if your going to bash the Paul at least know his record and he is far from your "Average Congressman"

Here are the others...
Romney
www.opensecrets.org...
Perry
www.opensecrets.org...
Paul
www.opensecrets.org...
Bachmann
www.opensecrets.org...
Cain
www.opensecrets.org...

Complete comparison with other runners
www.opensecrets.org...

Interesting when you compare the 'Small vs Large' contributions.. Seems Paul and Cain and Bachmann are the only ones attracting any donations made by actual individuals. Sure tells a nice story when you follow the money trail. Also, Paul and Romney and the only 2 without any debt.

Romney
Individual Contributions - $32,035,088
$3,091,873 (10%) Small Individual Contributions
$29,210,817 (91%) Large Individual Contributions

Perry
Individual Contributions - $16,987,591
$698,820 (4%) Small Individual Contributions
$16,310,621 (95%) Large Individual Contributions

Paul
Individual Contributions - $12,199,857
$6,079,034 (47%) Small Individual Contributions
$6,120,822 (48%) Large Individual Contributions

Bachmann
Individual Contributions - $5,546,040
$3,890,719 (52%) Small Individual Contributions
$1,656,752 (22%) Large Individual Contributions
$2,000,000 (27%) Other

Cain
Individual Contributions - $4,656,235
$2,663,721 (50%) Small Individual Contributions
$2,012,789 (38%) Large Individual Contributions
$675,000 (13%) Candidate self-financing

Quarter 4 will be interesting.

edit on 11/5/2011 by BeyondPerception because: added Bachmann to the mix

edit on 11/5/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

If I were to create a profile of those politicians I believe have sold out our country.. time and again... they'd all have those things in common. Why compound past mistakes by repeating them?

Your voting ideals,sound to me like calling a high school cheerleader to come fix a problem with your hydro-static drive for a tractor. In other words why would you not take some one who has proven them selves in the field of work compared to an inexperienced immature candidate?

Ron Paul has proven his character for many years and is mature enough to hopefully make the best decisions.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Come on, think about it.

I have, in fact I have studied it. Been following Dr. Paul for about 10 years now.

We've all heard that history repeats itself. In fact we all know the old adage; Those who do not remember history are doomed to relive it. We are reliving it right now in so many ways. If you stand on the cashier side of a grocery store cash register you will see that the soup/bread line numbers from the 20s are back, except that we have put the lines in everyone's wallet with their EBT cards. I qualify in fact, but won't apply. The Government has been trying to fix the economy by printing money, and people are worried, desperate and angry.

The people do not understand how this happened and the good old days of plenty seem like ancient history already. All the equipment, facilities and infrastructure that used to make us a good living are still here and intact but inactive and impotent. And everyone is frustrated and angry about this fact. The people feel as though the rug has been pulled out from under them and the overwhelming number of them are pissed, even if they do not know the exact details of how and why what happened.

All of this is a carbon copy of the conditions before Roosevelt took office, in fact my description was of that period, not today. Roosevelt was one of "them" and when he actually did what was best for the country, his cronies were very angry. It wasn't enough but he did it

During the great depression many businesses were bought for pennies on the dollar. Look at Bear Stearns. Government before FDR was trying to bail out businesses. FDR came in and pointed the Government aid at creating jobs, not stimulating the corporations in hopes they would in turn create some jobs.

As far as Ron Paul goes, let me explain my position here. There is a series, maybe you have seen it, entitled the World At War. It is from the early seventies and of British production. In one of the 26 episodes they are interviewing a German woman who lived through NAZI Germany. She was talking about the resistance and how here husband said that "a dictatorship is like a snake, if you grab it by the tail it will just bite you. You must strike at the head."

Whenever anyone brings up 911 I never waste much time on it, because when all is said and done the guilty parties will never come to trial or even be identified for certain. It is just another parlor game to keep people guessing as Fletcher Prouty's character in JFK said about the Warren Commission, and it is. It is a distraction from the real problem and that is all. Even so the system is broken and in order to fix it we must look for that same head of this snake. But we do not want to kill anyone, that will not fix the system, so where do we look for the head?

My answer is to go after the money. For my money the head of this financial debacle is the Federal Reserve Bank. The first two Central banks were thrown out after only twenty years each. One by Jefferson and one by Jackson. In 2005 the Federal Reserve Bank received 900 billion from individual Federal Income Tax returns. This is the same figure owed by Americans on their credit cards in 2008.

This is huge. Wanna fix the broken economy? Do away with the Fed and the Federal Income Tax which goes to them. There's your economic stimulus. Everybody's salary goes up about a third from the absence of deductions, not some insulting $600.

Now if there were any other candidates who were talking about ending the Fed, I would have to rethink my position, but until then Ron Paul has my vote.

What is your suggestion? Should we vote for more of the same. Hmm, this sounds like a conversation during Roosevelt's first campaign for the White House. Isn't that odd?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Are you saying there is a better choice? Because I can't see anything but more of the same. I can be stubborn too, but my daughter's future is at stake. You know, whenever George Bush spoke he looked to me like he was lying, Obama doesn't do much better and neither did Clinton, and I feel that a Republican or Democratic label is poison. But Ron Paul is an honest broker. There are still a few of us left and he is one. When he speaks it is obvious he is sincere.

So who do you like so far? No one?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61

Check out Ron Paul's' record. He is the only anti-goverment person in government, if that makes any sense. But really he is the only politician that makes any since and places his votes for what he says.

He's one of the only remaining politicians who seems to be doing his job for the people, based on what he's taken an oath to in abiding by the constitution.

The rest of them have their own agenda.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

When he starts each debate out with, "I've been in politics for 35 years" and he does, he labels himself as no different then the bozos we have in now

We need something different and Paul is not it

When I was younger that is what we used to call "Acid Logic". Good luck with seeing that through to a positive result.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

AMEN.....I've never been a follower of Ron Paul guy is a looneytoon.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by semperfortis

When he starts each debate out with, "I've been in politics for 35 years" and he does, he labels himself as no different then the bozos we have in now

When I was younger that is what we used to call "Acid Logic". Good luck with seeing that through to a positive result.

But the fact remains that his statement and character is backed up by his actions, that is the important part, you are refusing to look at the facts because of a cliche statement, which to me just seems ignorant. If you know otherwise then please share.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Ahh glad you asked.

How has trusting these... so-called professionals ... worked out so far? Have they not been the ones in charge?

As for Mr. Paul himself, what he proved to me when he switched to the Republican party.. is that he'll compromise himself for votes. And yes, if I'm left with a choice of a regurgitation of what has gone before and some inexperienced candidate... I'll take the new guy. Or new cheerleader. My tractor may not get fixed.. but it probably won't get stolen by the guy who was supposed to fix it either.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Honestly?
if Jesse Ventura tossed his hat in the ring I would vote for him...................his politcal record is a SHINING EXAMPLE imho.......

bash away

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

But how long has the "machine" or as I call it the system been around? The people we're dealing with plan moves decades, possibly centuries ahead.

If said people truly exist, and aren't some delusion of a conspiracy theorist, well then Ron Paul would be filling a perfect role designed by said people. He caters to those who question the system. He can be used as an example to show what "crazy" people believe. "Down with the federal reserve!"

You can talk theoretically all day about how Ron Paul's ideas are what this country needs and deserves, but how he's been used in the Mainstream media, even the daily show and colbert, suggests he is indeed just a pawn in a mighty game of "chess." These people do indeed think of it as a game.

So you are advocating despair and giving up? Because I am not seeing what else you have to level at Dr. Paul. Why would you want to single this one candidate for elimination when he is doing well and has the best ideas of anyone? Just don't get y'all's logic.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yes he is part of the republican party and some may think he will go with their ideals. He will make a change he is the only one talking logically. So here is a question for people if you wont vote for him because of this would you vote for him if he goes to a third party? Would this make you think differently about him? Time is running out for him don't leave it too late or change will never happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You need to think of it this way. You may as well give him a shot because I believe he is your last chance of averting a fascist dictatorship in the US. If he fails then will be the time for civil war.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

While most Americans are busy drinking the kool aid, there are still some of us that see Ron Paul as just another politician that is good at making promises.

If you can't clearly hear a difference in what and how Ron Paul speaks compared to the rest of what we have had then you just must be deaf. If so, sorry for pointing out your infirmity.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That depends.

Do you also think Obama is doing a good job right now.

Because if so, it doesn't matter what you think of Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Semper

You do know he was a doctor prior to becoming a politian correct? And you do know that during those years of being a politian he has never flip flopped on an issue or voted for any thing unconstitutional including the patriot act... right?

People if you're going to call out Ron Paul atleast do some research on the man first. Ron Paul is exactly what we need right now. Who else is going to bring these troops home on day one? Romney? Cain? Bachman? Please.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
Oh yes, the Illuminati totally planted him in Congress back in '75 and told him to vote constitutionally for 40+ years, then had him run for president so he could attract the conspiracy theorist vote and turn back on everything he's said. Paul has been in the making since 1935 and in fact the original Paul plan was devised by Federal Reserve bankers in 1913, though it would be several decades before they followed through with it.

In other words, your assessment is invalid. Please try again.

I hope you got an applause for this from the mods.

But really, people should look at his backers - all grassroots supporters! Doesn't that say something?

Get money out of politics!! Well, Ron Paul already has. Nuff said.

<< 1    3 >>

join