It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New free e-book teaches you how to have an OOBE in 3 days...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Its been almost a week now since my girlfriend go back to her country, shes been very deppressed lately and cries all day, she missed me so much and so do I. Could this techniques help me to see her or even touch he, could she me by then?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What are the risks involved? If you leave your body can something else enter it? Also, what is the "silver cord" I hear about?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I will read it and try it out. I skimmed over it and the information seemed pretty standard so far, we'll see!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The silver cord is attached to your body when you OOBE. It connects your spirit to your body.

That's another difference in an OOBE and a lucid dream. The lucid dream won't have the silver cord. Of course it is possible to have that in some form in a dream, but really it shouldn't happen. And in a dream it's not going to be permanent and indestructible. I remember seeing my silver cord in my only for-sure OOBE, it was prominent and seemed taut with energy in a way. It was a very strong fixture in the experience, and I only began to notice it when I looked back at the house.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I've read a few comments regarding seeing through your eyelids and I want to know more. Since last year, I began seeing through my eyelids. I remember laying there feeling awake but suddenly being able to see the outline of furniture in the dark and thought perhaps my eyes were actually open. But they weren't. I found it rather odd because I don't believe I was anywhere near REM sleep and i have never experienced that before.

So what's going on there?

No idea what's happening there, but it's more common than you'd think. Happens to me from time to time. Kind of looks like you seeing through night vision goggles, everything has a greenish tinge to it. I'm just laying in bed, waiting to fall asleep, when I notice that I can see through me eye lids. I'm going to write Rosemary Ellen Guiley and ask her about that. If anyone would know, she would.

Now for this silver cord stuff. Personally I think it's bull. Everything requires your attention to exist in dreams. You start looking for a silver cord, odds are you're going to find a silver cord.

I'm curious to know, those that have seen this so called silver cord, had you heard about it before hand? Has anyone here never heard of the silver cord before actually seeing it? Or is it that you heard about the silver cord first, then saw it after you already heard of it? I suspect the later.
edit on 5-11-2011 by The Cusp because: typos

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I've never heard of, nor seen a silver cord when having an OOBE.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So, what exactly is so special about these experiences? It sounds like a less glorified transcendental meditation, a trick of the mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by
And I will not allow ANY discussion of any psychoactive drug in this thread.

It's unfortunate because said objects have been an integral part of human civilization since before man harnessed the ability to speak. Powerful leaders and religious icons (that have swayed the course of human civilization) have used said objects commonly.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I had of course heard about it before. I had read Astral Dynamics and looked at stuff all over the internet trying to make sure that it was safe to Astral Project. I wasn't thinking about it though, things happened fast. The silver cord was bigger and brighter than I thought it would be. It's not like a wispy trail, it's like a fire hose.

A lot of people have seen the silver cord. I don't mind you calling BS on me, but I mean a lot of people have seen it, why would they lie? My only other option would be to omit it from my reports on my OOBE, and that wouldn't be honest either. It's a big catch-22 here, because anyone that Astral Projects especially now has probably read a book about it, and gone on the net to make sure it's not going to kill their soul or drive them insane first. Otherwise the fear is going to take over anyway. So it'd be really rare to find anyone that's actually done it, that doesn't know about the silver cord.

Years ago a person either believed Astral Projection was possible or not. But I think it's a lot more dangerous for the field of lucid dreaming to come in and say now, "Astral Projection is impossible because it's just a dream too." That just makes another layer, for what was already a small group of potential concious Astral Projectors, to become smaller.

Astral Projection is a life-changing experience. I think it's important and I just think it's ironic for lucid dreamers of all people to be close-minded about it. But to answer your question, yes I did know about the silver cord before hand.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Tell me, how did it feel to be hit by a ball of lighting?

Did you see it coming?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for the link will try this out now. Ive been practicing for about 4 months on and off. I went through many of the different pineal gland activation tones off youtube but some have no effect on me while a few have an instant effect on me such as this one www.youtube.com... Mainly I switched to hemisync by the monroe institute www.youtube.com... They're numbered 1 -6 I add them to a playlist on repeat at a comfortable volume and trail off.Last week I had two in one sitting,I was online chatting and got extremely drowsy to where I was falling in n out of consciousness rapidly, so then I laid back put on my headphones with the monroe playlist and relaxed and loosened whatever tension I had in my body and focused on the tones.What helped was breathing in the nose and out the mouth.I managed to step out of my body without getting afraid/excited but that lasted a few seconds as the initial excitement I thought I had controlled was not and I semi awoke,I then resumed back to sleep and again had another experience except this time I became conscious in my dream still an awesome experience there's definitely something there to be gained whether spiritually or knowledge wise.Trippy thing is both of these happened in a matter of 50 minutes because I awoke and went back to my conversation and my friend on the other end was like where the hell did you go I simply said if i told you you wouldn't believe me. Another note I was able to do it with the lights on.Sometimes in the dark in just not secure in entering these phases but sometimes I am,It seems OOBE's happen when your body and mind is at ease.Just my two cents.Good luck everyone

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
I had of course heard about it before. I had read Astral Dynamics and looked at stuff all over the internet trying to make sure that it was safe to Astral Project. I wasn't thinking about it though, things happened fast. The silver cord was bigger and brighter than I thought it would be. It's not like a wispy trail, it's like a fire hose.

I just don't see how this is any different than watching a zombie movie before bed, then dreaming about zombies that night. You're creating the rules beforehand, forging a new archetype through the repetition of researching. Like when you do dream of zombies, they don't offer to wash your car, they try to eat you. That's just the zombie archetype which determines what is going to happen.

A lot of people have seen the silver cord. I don't mind you calling BS on me, but I mean a lot of people have seen it, why would they lie? My only other option would be to omit it from my reports on my OOBE, and that wouldn't be honest either. It's a big catch-22 here, because anyone that Astral Projects especially now has probably read a book about it, and gone on the net to make sure it's not going to kill their soul or drive them insane first. Otherwise the fear is going to take over anyway. So it'd be really rare to find anyone that's actually done it, that doesn't know about the silver cord.

Yes, and on the other hand, a lot of people have OBEs without seeing a silver cord. It's an irrelevant variable. Many of the top OBE gurus say you won't have a silver cord unless you think you need one. People have recorded so called OBE experiences in the days before the internet. It's also something that happens spontaneously from time to time. All the times I've felt myself leaving my body were completely random, it's not something I was actively trying to accomplish. It's a freaky experience to be sure, especially when you're not expecting it, but never did I see a silver cord.

Years ago a person either believed Astral Projection was possible or not. But I think it's a lot more dangerous for the field of lucid dreaming to come in and say now, "Astral Projection is impossible because it's just a dream too." That just makes another layer, for what was already a small group of potential concious Astral Projectors, to become smaller.

That's my argument exactly! Trying to separate AP from dreaming is adding an unnecessary layer. I'm not trying to shrink the number of conscious APers, I'm trying to grow the number of conscious dreamers.

Astral Projection is a life-changing experience. I think it's important and I just think it's ironic for lucid dreamers of all people to be close-minded about it. But to answer your question, yes I did know about the silver cord before hand.

I don't mean to be close minded, but I have to fight against the same kind of misinformation in field of lucid dreaming. The main one being that dream control is accomplished through believing and expectations, which doesn't account for how often things people attempt while lucid fail. They didn't believe hard enough? If they didn't believe they could do something, why would they try it in the first place? What determines success in dream control is using the right archetypes, and how well defined those archetypes are.

Say something was to sever your silver cord during one of your OBEs. Would you die? Become separated from your body forever? No. I guarantee you would wake up, because the pre-programming of you research beforehand doesn't cover that situation. Just like when people dream of dying, they wake up. Your dream calls upon a half formed archetype, and like a computer program that calls a missing subroutine, it's going to cause an error and a crash, or in this case, cause you to wake up.

And believe me, I am very tempted to start entering people's dreams and slashing their silver cords.

edit on 6-11-2011 by The Cusp because: typo

edit on 6-11-2011 by The Cusp because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I forgot to get to it this morning. But will practice again in meditation. I did try to sink back into sleep but usually once awake I don't go to sleep easily.

The swimming technique brought sensations on, along with rapid intense vibrations. I also set the goal that I wish to experience the tangible,visit my son, then talk to my Higher Self and Guide and ask a few questions that need to be written down so I don't forget them.

Since I've had many experiences, backed up with sitings my children see. My family has had sitings, two were shared with two different friends. Since I know what being pulled is like, or what I still call mental projection. Like an oobe form of remote viewing, which is very real. In the one incident resulted in a family abduction,and in the other instance resulted in a craft showing up physically that my then 18 year old son and I witnessed.

So if a real separation occurs, as my mother, friend, and even my now 20 year old son has experienced, with the silver cord like mom always had, I'll be able to tell. I sensed I had not left my body and could wake myself up if it got too hairy before. That I was perfectly safe. In fact it might be the safest way to oobe,is mental projection, there may be a reason that is the way it occurs for me, due to the experiences from childhood.

However an interesting thing about the silver cord its not because you manifest it by expecting it.

My mother spontaneously astrally projected as a small child until school age. Then it was very rare. She had a soft spot heal up, in her head, and thought this had something to do with the astral projection becoming rarer.
She also saw the silver cord from early childhood, without any expectation of it being there, having no one around to share astral projection experiences with, and never having heard of it before. She just called it flying and assumed everyone could do it.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I have been practicing OOBE techniques for four years now and the only conclusion I have come up with is that they are lucid dreams, as I've never gathered proof that I am actually outside of my body in an OOBE in any tests I have tried. I will see if this book offers different techniques and try them out, I am still open to the possibility of being wrong. If I am able to have real OOBE's consistently I would be entering those paranormal challenges and winning money from skeptics. I feel like I would be a terrible person to develop an ability like this and not work with scientists to study it.

You just haven't seen yourself in a mirror, or reflective surface yet, when you do, you will know you are not dreaming. You will look like a small ball of energy, about the size of a golf ball for most, the ones who have a higher frequency, and have attained more knowledge are bigger, appear as bigger energy balls. There was one time when I actually had to crawl back into my sleeping body on the bed. There have also been times I was slammed back into my body. You have no real, direct control over where you go. Sometimes there is a guide, sometimes not.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just for kicks I decided to try this out and I guess I was one of the lucky ones where something happened on the first go around. I'm a light sleeper and usually wake up at least once during the night so trying this required no change. I also remember at least 3 dreams a night for what that's worth. Here is a recap of what happened.

As soon as I felt myself waking I tried to "get up" as instructed. Well, I more or less rolled out. At first it felt like I was on the floor and it was pitch black. As I stood up everything remained black. It felt as if my eyes were closed. I decided to open them after debating whether or not after doing so I'd just find myself staring up at the ceiling in bed. When I opened them my vision was blurry. I walked a couple of paces towards my bedroom door but it was a slow movement like rubber bands were attached to the far wall. As I made it closer to the door it clicked that I haven't looked back towards my body. This was my first test. If no body was there then this was just a dream.(I've had lucid dreams before.) Sure enough my body was there although it was still dark, as it was night and my vision was getting better but still hazy. After that I must have walked through the closed door as I saw the hallway. After that I woke up.

It will require more analysis for me to decide if it was truly an Out of Body Experience or just all in the mind. If I am able to repeat my success I am going to start leaving random cards on of my dresser. A playing card or a collectible one I randomly draw out. If after repeated successful attempts at getting the right cards then I'll say it is possibly something more than just all in my mind.

Another note. I made it a point to look at the digital clock in my room and I noticed it was blank. I was hoping to match up times as I had no clue to the current time. However, I did wake up in the exact position I saw my body.

It seems to do something yet I'll make no judgement as to what just yet.
edit on 6-11-2011 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I just don't see how this is any different than watching a zombie movie before bed, then dreaming about zombies that night. You're creating the rules beforehand, forging a new archetype through the repetition of researching. Like when you do dream of zombies, they don't offer to wash your car, they try to eat you. That's just the zombie archetype which determines what is going to happen.

This is like saying how do you know you were actually lucid, and weren't just dreaming that you were lucid. So anytime you lucid dream you are going to put that into it's own archetype. Now your lucid dream follows the rules, everything you read about it. All this that you do puts more rules on your experience, it might give you more confidence but it ultimately will limit you severely if you think it's all just archetypes. You might have amazing dream control but something is missing. I'd sacrifice dream control in order to keep my mind open to the experiential, and spiritual side of dreaming. Which is exactly what I do, and it's exactly why there are a lot of things I can't do in dreams which people like you can. This isn't because I'm too lazy to read a book, it's because I don't want beliefs to create unnecessary archetypes and limit the possibilities.

Yes, and on the other hand, a lot of people have OBEs without seeing a silver cord. It's an irrelevant variable. Many of the top OBE gurus say you won't have a silver cord unless you think you need one. People have recorded so called OBE experiences in the days before the internet. It's also something that happens spontaneously from time to time. All the times I've felt myself leaving my body were completely random, it's not something I was actively trying to accomplish. It's a freaky experience to be sure, especially when you're not expecting it, but never did I see a silver cord.

I have had WILDS and false awakenings where I seemed to have "left my body" but it's not the same thing. That's why I say I only had one OOBE I can be sure of. And on that one, there indeed was a silver cord. Like anyone who does alot of WBTB and DEILD, I have false awakenings and stuff, but this OOBE was a hugely energetic experience, it's like you are in your spirit body - there is a ton of energy and clarity - that a lucid dream self just doesn't come close to feeling. I've never seen the silver cord in a false awakening, or WILD.

That's my argument exactly! Trying to separate AP from dreaming is adding an unnecessary layer. I'm not trying to shrink the number of conscious APers, I'm trying to grow the number of conscious dreamers.

AP is actually life changing though. In other words it's a catalyst for positive change in our world. Lucid dreaming sadly, is not. As much as I wish it was... that easy. But really all I see is arrogance the more and more I meet people who have gotten good at lucid dreaming. I'm going to look at an Astral Projection forum, just to gauge the level of arrogance - I bet it's much less. I've always identified myself as a Lucid Dreamer.

I don't mean to be close minded, but I have to fight against the same kind of misinformation in field of lucid dreaming. The main one being that dream control is accomplished through believing and expectations, which doesn't account for how often things people attempt while lucid fail. They didn't believe hard enough? If they didn't believe they could do something, why would they try it in the first place? What determines success in dream control is using the right archetypes, and how well defined those archetypes are.

Say something was to sever your silver cord during one of your OBEs. Would you die? Become separated from your body forever? No. I guarantee you would wake up, because the pre-programming of you research beforehand doesn't cover that situation. Just like when people dream of dying, they wake up. Your dream calls upon a half formed archetype, and like a computer program that calls a missing subroutine, it's going to cause an error and a crash, or in this case, cause you to wake up.

And believe me, I am very tempted to start entering people's dreams and slashing their silver cords.

I couldn't agree more about the belief thing. There's nothing worse than someone thinking they are failing because they don't believe hard enough. Though I think belief can certainly effect the way archetypes effect the dream (often in a harmless way). I think your advice is good advice and it's a side of dreaming that should be included with all the other theories (my theory is that keeping a dream journal is the best advice). I think that if you try to cut a true silver cord, it is going to electrocute you for lack of a better word.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Sorry about the crap Grammar i never listened in English

Anyway, It worked for me too!

I downloaded the book yesterday had a read through the basic principles eg, indirect techniques, plan of action , deepening, maintaining etc.

and this morning NZ time i PHASED for the first time in 4-5 years

My Experience:

I went to bed at what i think was about 21:30
I had fell asleep in the lounge watching TV like i always do,
Anyway i got up and jumped into bed yadayada fell asleep.
When i woke up (not to an alarm )I was lying on my right side facing my Girlfriends side of the bed,
I remembered not to move or anything a to try to separate straight away, what i did was the "listening in technique" to get me started (because I am really good at that) and the next thing i know i started slowly separating and rolling onto my back.
I thought to myself this is it and said get up which I had a little trouble with to start off with, but then I slowly started to float into the upright seated position i could feel my hands pushing against the bed at the same time. I then kinda turned and swung my legs off the bed and stood up.
I instantly was concerned with maintaining so I went straight to my mirror and looked into it. I could see my outline like a grey shadow so I started to rub my face, arms and legs etc in an effort to "deepen"
now I could see myself a lot better except for my eyes, it was almost like I could see through to the back of my head.
I moved on around the room to "palpitate / deepen" some more staring with my curtains first, i then got to my doorway,
But it was unusual because I have double doors, they weren't there it was open and I knew beyond was my lounge there was light coming from it but i wanted to see more of my room first.
I passed my door and moved towards my TV feeling it all over (which BTW i would never do in RL..finger print etc) I even tried to turn it on lol, it didn't work.

Moving on, we have like a Bar/something in my room I just use to put junk on top i tried to have a quick feel around on that and then walked back towards my GF's side of the bed towards her dresser, while rubbing my hands together to "maintain", getting to the dresser I started to grab at things and picked up my can of deodorant looking at it, trying to get it in more detail, also I started thinking that I wanted to talk with my Little sister who had passed away last year, then I heard my nine month old baby boy cried behind me and I opened my eyes back in my body.

I was too happy and wanted to share my experience with my GF Instead of trying to separate again.
plus my Son was starting to wake up.

P.S. my GF and her sisters could all separate/ enter the phase as kids with ease and often

To the OP,
Thanks for the link!! I cant wait to try it again!

edit on 6-11-2011 by dAce24 because: spell check lol

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well I tried this this morning at 4 am and I was unsuccessful. I could hardly remember the steps and would fall asleep again after maybe the first cycle. I woke up periodically throughout the night and attempted several times but to no avail.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAce24
reply to post by TheBandit795

i then got to my doorway,
But it was unusual because I have double doors, they weren't there it was open and I knew beyond was my lounge there was light coming from it but i wanted to see more of my room first.

It's stuff like that that makes me think OBEs are just dreams. Inconsistencies, random people in the house, all very much like dreams. I just don't see what the difference is supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I can understand that,
The other thing i didn't see was the 3 pieces of exercise equipment by my mirror or the my sons crib which i would have had to walk through to get to the GF's dresser table, In saying that i could barely see myself in the mirror until i tried to "deepen"

Anyway it wasn't a very long experience and it wasn't 1080p or anything. ^^
practice makes perfect

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join