It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New free e-book teaches you how to have an OOBE in 3 days...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Similar for me, but then I havn't tried the roll out when you first wake up, setting alarm earlier. Its a long weekend for the kids, and just switched alarms with my son, his is an older easier one to reset quickly. So now I can keep trying, at least on non school days.

However, just doing this over and over, in meditation, (and many people, including Robert Monroe from the Monroe institute do obe's in meditations), I believe can work but probably more slowly.

However it increased the lucid dream type moments. And even in meditation. The hard part is making it come into clear reality, more real than this world. I've brought it into very good focus, but it still has that dream quality to it.

There are techniques you can use, such as rubbing your hands together. Or reaching into a pocket or behind your back and taking a pill that makes it all real. One you make up that tastes like cherries say. Or, running up to a tree and feeling its rough trunk. Or focusing behind a group of people or objects, to bring something in the background into focus the way a camera can select what to focus on, this gives a 3D reality.

So I'm practicing this in meditation.

Also, have yet to capture the dream in process, ie. its suddenly lucid. But waking up is another thing. I was aware I was in a dream waking up this morning. And that I should write down what it was about. I can't remember the details and couldnt write them down the minute I opened my eyes. But, it was about laws, and had law makers in it, not exactly police, more political type figures, and so the word duality came to me, which is something I am completely ready to arrest them on, that is their mindset. I don't stand under the biggest meanest fish in the cosmos and allow him to set rules for me. I follow in my heart the virtues so I found it interesting that when I decided, while still asleep to write this down, two beings, with horns, horned "saturn" type beings (who I know are into laws, and control), said, "we're out of here!"

And woke up to discover my son, had had a nightmare and was sleeping beside my bed, curled up in blankets, saying he had a dream about the grudge.

If I had been able to go back to sleep I find the best time to get lucid is when you are trying to get a dream back, you can often slip in.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thats really interesting what you wrote about the horned guys. Maybe they´re from your subconcious and its not helpfull to think about reality while in this state. Maybe you knew it deep inside yourself and this was a hint from you to yourself.
Or they dont like evidence

How do you induce meditation? Is there a special technique you are using or do you just "do" it, out of feeling?

Edit: I practice reality tests since a week now on a daily basis, trying to make it habit and it helped me realising if im dreaming or not. Plus I try to make myself believe, the next time I wake up, I´m dreaming and I´m concious.

edit on 9-11-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Seeing as I brought the "silver cord" thing up .. I will try to explain..

The Cord is not something that is just there. You have to create it.

Lucid Dreaming is one thing .. OBE ( out of body Experience ) is another thing. Or even OOBT ( out of body traveling ).

Lucid Dreams are great to practice for OBE or OOBT.

VC ( visual creativity ) Is Paramount to OB anything !.

VC is the bread and butter. If you can calm yourself enough to visualize a Soda bottle with its lable .. read the label back and front in your minds eye..rotate it anyway you want.

VC being a plant..a hammer..anything and everything .. then goto the OB thing.

Feel the emotion of a cricket..or a dolphin ( thats a good one ) ..

Your NOT going to catch your wife/husband cheating on ya ( through an OBE ) .. your NOT going to OBE into a Special meeting of insider trading.. Your NOT going to OBE watching anything on demand LOL.

It just does not work that way.

You can Feel and have representation on your "Trip" .. but it is not like having a Spiritual spy cam on anything or anywhere you like.

Be very careful of just jumping into "Projection of Awareness".

It takes Years and Years to get it.

When some of you get there.. you may turn back.

Good hunting..

JG.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Last time i had an OOBE i was told i would surely die if i did not return to my body.. I was very very tempted to let that happen

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
and the wheel broken at the well,
and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have never had an OBE although I have been interested in it for years. Something always holds me back. A little over a year ago, my daughter was killed in a car accident at age 33. That very same night, Although she died at 8:20 pm, we didn't officially know until 4AM the next morning. That night, because of computer problems at work, the alarm was set to go off at 1AM to check on the progress of an application that was running. When I went back to sleep after the alarm, I experienced the worst night of my life. Over and over again, my whole body would cramp up all over and I was freezing cold no matter wand hat I did. I tried to ignore the cramping and would toss and turn trying to uncramp my body. I felt as though I was sleeping through the cramping and even got up twice to get an extra blanket and even my coat from the closet to try to get warm. I still felt as though I was asleep getting the blanket and the coat. At 4AM the phone rang and we learned about my daughter. After reading through this thread, I wonder if I wasn't experiencing an OBE or some kind of premonition as the time fits with the period that my daughter would have been at the morgue. Since then I have tried to connect with my daughter to no avail as we talked about these things so many times and were both open to the possibilities of communication after death. A question for those who have experience with this sort of thing, Could it have been an OBE or something similar and can I recapture the connection with my daughter?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mikey1957

Yes, its even put in the bible, clues to seek for us. I am going to set my alarm tonight. But deep in meditation, using delta waves, closer to rem, I could feel myself, my real self solid, saw an image of what I look like, similar but more idealized. Also, had to get up in this delta and I'm still shifting, its like I am loose in me. What struck as odd is this weird feeling when the meditation deepened in delta, that this wasn't natural, that I don't stay in my body in this brain frequency. That once we approach rem, we all leave. That felt really good, and fear just gone. Also coming here on this site, where there is alot of fear based threads, it felt so unnatural. What are the controllers doing here? Are they afraid, trying to hold something back, because I saw clearly that we're all in the process of a real cosmic upgrade at this level, its soul progression and should be reflecting in a mirrored way, to the world as world progression. And it will no matter no matter what, so be positive.

Also from what my own experiences taught me, the plane, or place after death, astral, and lucid even is the same, perhaps different frequencies of it, but this means we can seek to learn more and even visit loved ones, all within perhaps a guideline of what is allowed or what we're learning. I don't know all the "rules" in fact shy away from rules but virtues instead. Perhaps that is something that frees us more is seeing virtues instead of rule books, perhaps that is just a mindset and a dreamscape illusion that we need to overcome.

I'm sorry for your loss of your daughter, such a hard thing to go through. Blessings for your family and your daughter.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I tried it and all I've had after three days is a terrific dump !!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sigh why must these books always be so long winded and preachy? It always takes them 4 pages to say what an efficient teacher could say in 2-3 sentences.

I would like to try this, I don't think it is out of body travel at all but rather controllable lucid dreams which is still cool imo but I don't want to have to, nor do I have the time to, read through 500 pages just to try something out that might not work.

If it only takes 3 days it shouldn't take 500 pages to explain what to do. I could literally list every single thing I do every minute for 3 days, and it wouldn't take anywhere near 500 pages. But no these guys have to give you all their personal views on literally everything, preach your ear off, go off on random tangents and use the most flowerly, exaggerated language possible to turn what should be 10 words into 100. I mean hell I had to read way less than this to get a license to drive a damn car. Willing to buy a TLDR version that gets to the point.
edit on 18-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

iIjust recently today saw this thread and I downloaded the free e-book, and started reading it. I will do the exercises basically because I am the cat and i am curious, and hoping it won't kill me, hehehe. I will let you know what happens. Thanks a bunch!

Lilith

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just had to add a few videos I've been watching, in the lucid dreaming field. The point in these first two is that, the one young man, couldn't stabilize the realm when he became aware he was dreaming. He actually used permanent marker on his hand, wrote check on one, and put a triangle on the other.

What was like unto a real realm, or obe, was that he entered a tunnel to go back to his body when he couldn't stabilize it.

He has a good sense of humor.

My First Lucid Dream

Then this dreamer, also followed advice and when he became aware he was in the dream and tried to stabilize he was outside his body, it was a full obe.

I had that in my meditation, lying on top of my body unable to fully separate, but with some unconscious thoughts running, that normally in this brain wave, it was delta, I wasn't in body. That was kind of a slip, and those thoughts caught my attention.

My First Lucid Dream!!

Pretty interesting channel: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I would really appreciate if someone knowledgeable could help me. I have a few questions regarding OOBE. Currently I've been reading as much as I can on the subject, and I'm very interested. I really would like to experience this, but I have some concerns that are holding me back.

While studying the information by Nicholas Newport from lucidology.com, something he mentioned in one of his videos caught my attention. He says if your mood is bad and you enter an oobe, then you might encounter "negative nophysical beings". He also says they are not harmless and will attack you. He's not the first source I've heard this from, but I've also heard the opposite from other sources. I'm confused. Some say nothing can harm you in the an oobe because we have oobe naturally everytime we sleep, and others say there are entities that can harm you. What is the truth?

Could someone also tell me what the difference is between OOBE, Lucid dreaming, Normal dreaming, and "opening your 3rd eye. How do these relate?

I really wanted to start a new thread with this, but I don't have the 20 posts required yet. Thank you in advance

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by numero17
While studying the information by Nicholas Newport from lucidology.com, something he mentioned in one of his videos caught my attention. He says if your mood is bad and you enter an oobe, then you might encounter "negative nophysical beings". He also says they are not harmless and will attack you.

First of all be assured they can't harm you. But you mood will affect the behavior of your dream characters. If you are angry, your dream characters will become angry and aggressive. As a matter of fact, a large percentage of werewolf dreams are caused by the dreamer's rage. Just go to any online dream journal site with a search function and search for werewolf, and you'll see that besides full moons, the dreamer is raging right before the werewolves appear.

You emotions have a huge impact on your dreams. The most useful one by far for control purposes is Confidence. Not something most people consider an emotion, but it is, and it works wonders, especially for controlling dream characters.

Could someone also tell me what the difference is between OOBE, Lucid dreaming, Normal dreaming, and "opening your 3rd eye. How do these relate?

The only difference is how you conceptualize them. Normal dreams are perceived as reality when you experience them, while the lucid variety grant you an incredible freedom, because you don't have to worry about what people think of you or the situation you find yourself in. If you think of it as an OBE, then I'd put that somewhere in between normal dreaming and lucid dreaming, because you think it's still real on some level.

My advice to you would be to stop trying to label everything and just experience it for what it is. Better to see what they all have in common rather than what makes them different.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Thank you for your response. I really am grateful. So the reason nothing can harm me is because an OOBE is still just a dream? Some people seem to think OOBEs happen in the "astral plane", and that there are humans spirits and other nonhuman entities there. This is a video of someone warning of how dangerous it can be:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by numero17

The only thing that can harm you in a dream is yourself, because everything in dreams requires your attention to exist. You only feel pain in dreams if you actually focus on it. In the majority of dreams, people can suffer horrific wounds but feel absolutely nothing because they are more focused on getting away from whatever inflicted those injuries.

I've had my share of shared dreams, not with spirits of people, but with actual people that are still alive. While they can't hurt you directly, they can trick you into hurting yourself, by skillfully directing your attention. But that kind of harm last only as long as you stay focused on it, and doesn't stick with you after you wake.

A thread I started on shared dreaming: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shared dreaming doesn't occur on an astral plane. Each dreamer experiences their own unique and individual dream, yet it's still a shared dream.

EDIT: OK, I suppose it would be possible to focus on a dream injury so much that it would carry over to the waking world, but again I maintain that would be self inflicted.
edit on 20-11-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thanks again for your time and advice. This all makes sense to me. It has crossed my mind before, that it's all just in our brain. Is it your opinion then that "astral traveling", and all the amazing accounts from authors like Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, and others, that all this has just occurred in their brains?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Is it your opinion then that "astral traveling", and all the amazing accounts from authors like Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, and others, that all this has just occurred in their brains?

Yes and no, it's tricky. My problem with the idea of an astral plane is that it implies some sort of stable other world. But from all the evidence and all the accounts I've read, that just doesn't appear to be the case. I can enter the same dream mall in different dreams, use the same exit, and in different dreams the same exit will take me to different cities.

Lately I like to think of dreams as an expression of duality. The waveform counterpart to our waking solid particle reality. A good metaphor for probability waveforms in this case is the archetype, and dreams seem to follow the archetype model.

If you venture into the unknown through dreams, you have to relate to it in terms of things you already understand. So in that regard, everything you experience is a product of your own mind, but it can at the same time be more than that.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
anybody had any success?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Lucid Dream/OBE/Astral/NDE is a real realm. ETs are there too. There are many frequency layers or what one could call the wall, akin to picturing a sheet of paper many sheets stacked up high. Those are all separate realms of the same dimension. We're a a part of this stack of walls. Some people have been wounded and woken up with wounds.

Faith, trust, unconditional love, integrity, selflessness is akin to wearing clean underwear.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Actually if you start reading the book you'd find that it tells you not to continue further (fairly early in the book)
until you're more experienced with the techniques and material you've just read, because it could actually hinder you success

Meaning (from experience) that all the techniques you need are at the start

followed by a ton of experiences and then later going discussing techniques in more detail

So uhh just read the book until that point

edit on 30-11-2011 by dAce24 because: i like turtles

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join