It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Date is Almost Upon US Expect us !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Remember when Anon made this press release well they said the 5Th of November ,guy fawkes night btw lol .
Well my FaceBook is already playing up tells me that its down for maintenance is anyone else having this problem not that its a major deal ,i just wanna know IF ANON has followed out its threat ?

Maybe Anon will be to busy with all the other stuff going on right now with the OWS but it is guy fawkes night on the 5th so you never know they might wanna make a big BANG !!!!

Operation Facebook DATE: November 5, 2011. TARGET: facebook.com... Press: Twitter : twitter.com... piratepad.net... Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook Message: Attention citizens of the world, We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows: Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy. Facebook has been selling information to gov

Nemaste

edit on 4-11-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I tried to make a post similar to this, mostly about just the next couple weeks being possibly, most likely, MAJOR.

Buuuut....

My wireless adapter decided (yes, sentient computer) to crap out, so my post got wiped out.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

My FB is doing just fine.
Now, I guess I'll watch the video.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I remember hearing that Anonymous did not make that threat, and it was a hoax. So I need confirmation that it was made. por favor

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Is it letting you upload pics ?
2nd line ---------

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Anonymous has already stated that their majority never called for this "Take Down Facebook" day (it was likely announced by someone who didn't think it through/didn't think about how Facebook isn't holding a gun to people's heads saying "YOU MUST USE THIS"). Of course Facebook does things with people's information that many users don't realize. Welcome to 2011 and how many companies operate (unfortunately). There are many like-minded individuals who understand the privacy/likely repercussive problems related to the way in which members of our society "put themselves out there"/are being data-farmed without exercising due caution/understanding what they're giving up (as individuals and as a society), but they aren't interested in preventing you from seeing your pseudo-friend's (who you maybe used to visit, you know, in person) new dog pictures on Nov. 5th.

People need to be educated about the problems (so there is an increased demand for better solutions (for ex., Google+ has addressed many problems, which forced Facebook to offer similar features)), and change their way of thinking -- crashing Facebook for a day and simply irritating users isn't going to amount to much now is it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I remember hearing that Anonymous did not make that threat, and it was a hoax. So I need confirmation that it was made. por favor

Well id like confirmation where you got the fact that its a hoax , Am just basing my thread on the idea that cause its the 5th guy fawkes night and they do like to wear his mask don`t they ? so putting the two together am thinking that OP facebook was not a HOAX

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Thanks very informative , i still think something will happen but now have read your post i kinda agree with you thanks again star for you .

Nemaste

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Yes, wear your fake Guy Fawkes masks and give more profits to Warner Bros!!!

It should be Occupy the Fed

Or

End the Fed.

That is the real problem.
edit on 4-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The attack on Facebook is a hoax, that is what the official anon Twitter feed said. Link for proof (copy and paste it)

twitter.com...#!/anonops/status/101152229087657984

Although this article says that there are a couple of loose affiliates of anonymous that are indeed attacking Facebook. I guess we will see. Here's that article:

[url=http://www.pcmag.com...=iyyrCG8HxYB
edit on 4-11-2011 by slugfest because: links are not working correctly, so i fixed them

edit on 4-11-2011 by slugfest because: same thing. its late sorry

edit on 4-11-2011 by slugfest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just another woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo event

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Well id like confirmation where you got the fact that its a hoax , Am just basing my thread on the idea that cause its the 5th guy fawkes night and they do like to wear his mask don`t they ? so putting the two together am thinking that OP facebook was not a HOAX

You have to observe the pattern in the authentic Anon vids. That's the same reason I said that the Anon vs. Zeta's was a hoax. They never have a person in front of a camera in a mask. Their vids are always CGI with a computer generated voice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
People need to understand that Anonymous is not exactly a single group, although they often work collectively. There are popular forums and IRCs for Anon, but technically anyone can create an operation and post a video announcing it. Just because you do that, does not mean others will follow or that the operation will be embraced by the general community.

So none of the announcements are necessarily "hoaxs" - but that doesn't mean the collective supports it. Like the FaceBook operation and opCartel.

Regardless, I expect there to be a lot going on on the 5th. Someone has already been putting up anon-style fliers regarding Occupy all around my campus. I expect a lot of that sort of thing to going on on the 5th. I think fliers are probably the most effective means of demonstration, one person can put up hundreds.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Anyone know the legalities, laws involved, in wearing something that hides your identity?

From what I understand in the U.S. you need to prove your identity (show state issued ID, Driver's License, etc and show your face) upon request by a government official (poilce officer most likely). I assume after he or she verified your identity you should be allowed to put the mask back on without punishment.

Anyone know the statutes involved?
What can we say to protect our rights if a police officer says we must take the mask off?

... besides getting arrested for acting in a free manner.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: changed "with" to without* punishment LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Uhhhh...isn't the 5th Bank Transfer Day? Why would they plan to mess with FB on that same day? Seems suspicious to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Uhhhh...isn't the 5th Bank Transfer Day? Why would they plan to mess with FB on that same day? Seems suspicious to me.

There are a lot of operations planned for the 5th because the 5th of November was chosen because thats the date of the revolution in the movie V for vendetta.

Anon has been discussing the 5th before OWS was conceived (by an Anon group) or bank transfer day was ever thought of. And as mentioned, the FB operation does not seem to be one supported by most of Anon.
edit on 4-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yip indeed i think this will be the one they hit as for facebook maybe its not a valid operation giving whats happened since ,with OWS and end the fed .

edit on 4-11-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

There are a lot of operations planned for the 5th because the 5th of November was chosen because thats the date of the revolution in the movie V for vendetta.
Thanks for that bit of trivia. I didn't know that. That makes me think something quite huge is going to happen tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Do you believe they know that Guy Fawkes planned to assassinate King James I and restore a Catholic monarch to the throne?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

Thanks for that bit of trivia. I didn't know that. That makes me think something quite huge is going to happen tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be some surprises. I can't wait till next's years Nov 5 though. It will be a much larger event and it will be the day before the presidential election
Expect it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join