It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flavor of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Is it just me ? Or has ATS lost it's flavor lately. We all know how the mud has thickened lately, making the truth an even tougher thing to find here on ATS. The amount of threads that don't meet the guidelines with enough text.
Threads that just ask a question. Hoax threads. With the exception of the ATS hall of famers, that I'm sure I don't
need to mention by name. Does ATS seem to be at least in a lull at the moment ? A large nunber of our members moan and complain about the redundance of threads in the," Conspiracy in Relgion " forums. I myself kind of
miss a few of the members who posted there. Since getting themselves banned. I won't mention any names
but they weren't into theism that's for sure.

I know many of you were also getting sick of the," Elenin type, Nasa is suspect " threads. So maybe we have gotten to the truth ? That the PTB have been using fear against us for so long. And maybe that truth is boring ?
Lately, it seems the interesting threads, are becoming mired in the same thick mud, that is making the truth such a hard find. Is it just me? If not, what to what to do ?

Randyvious

edit on 2-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I myself kind of
miss a few of the members who posted there. Since getting themselves banned. I won't mention any names
but they weren't into theism that's for sure.

You're not alone. Some of the most articulate, thought provoking, good solid researchers get banned in short order.

They either must broach taboo subjects or refuse to "the good Lord only knows"...what.

And as to the flavor of ATS currently....bitter, very bitter with just a hint of something rotten, ever since OWS hit the boards.
edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: 0i0

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's just my opinion, but I liken it to the deep breath before the plunge.

We are about to experience the influx of hordes of people who have a definite agenda, and many of us know that is coming. The innocent members, unfamiliar with the cycle many of us have experienced before, continue to learn and hone the skills at thread-crafting. Some will be quite affected by the tidal wave of information that is inbound.... and of course, not all of it is true, or at least, all of it is not true to everyone.

As a discussion forum, it is difficult to conjure a great expectation, considering the volatility of subject matter, MSM influences, and the very real fact that some are not here to actually discuss topics - so much as to make themselves heard.

I have found that if I keep my pace, maintain my composure, and simply do and 'say' what I hope matters, I can at least endure the dry spells when it seems like some members lose their way, or their perspective. It helps to have an ego which requires little protection. Not that I can lay claim to that trait... I bruise like a grape!

Often, some wise person reminds me that our community can be no more and will be no less than what we ourselves make of it. I cling to that. It's kept me afloat thus far....

Insofar as some of our departed beloved contributors; sadly, they seemed to become unwilling or unable to accept the yoke of moderation, thus objections or reticence to constraints they have no control over simply overcame their ability to exercise patience and commit to compromise. Such choices are usually self-evident (especially in retrospect.)

Together, the members keep the spirit alive, and many of us are in a constant state of learning... be patient, I promise things will get better... and then worse... and then better.... and then worse... sort of like life.

By the way; I have come to learn that when I am feeling what I believe you are, a good debate challenge can reignite the passion for a great discussion.... and can help us see things we may overlook in the posts of the inexperienced.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I too have been around long enough to experience the cycles; But for some reason this current wave of bitterness and fear, seems stronger, more repressive and has last much longer than any I can remember. Is it a trend?
If it is I'll probably join the ranks of the banned because I'm getting tired of the "people like you" insults along with the outright profanity that seem to be ignored; not even an attempt at circumventing the censors; just blast out with the bodily function terms. They don't really offend me but I have been warned for much less.
I don't even bother with an "alert" anymore unless it really gross.

Just my opinion as well...

edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: h6h

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have been visiting ATS for a long time, mostly reading, not posting much.

ATS took a plunge when the forum got on Facebook. That opened the gates for a floowave of new members who has little or no interest in conspiracy theories, members who posts and chit chats like this is just a social networking site.

Badly spelled one liners with nothing to add to the topic seems to be the rule now. Not the exception. People who want to discuss things in a more serious way get bored and leave.

IMO

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll
I have been visiting ATS for a long time, mostly reading, not posting much.

ATS took a plunge when the forum got on Facebook. That opened the gates for a floowave of new members who has little or no interest in conspiracy theories, members who posts and chit chats like this is just a social networking site.

Badly spelled one liners with nothing to add to the topic seems to be the rule now. Not the exception. People who want to discuss things in a more serious way get bored and leave.

IMO

Well im a new member and didn't enjoy what you just said..Not all have a paragraph to write...Now about the spelling i totally agree..It took awhile just to get the spell check on my refurbished computer...LOL..This is about conspiracy and truth and current,past and future events and what ever else..LOL..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Things might be getting boring now cause well all the topics have been discussed to the point of no return..Then what do you do..Well you look around for more chit chat sites and see if they have anything else that is different...When something major happens it should be different...The old topics are talked out i guess...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just wait til the next round of presidential elections in the US start. It got really colorful around here with the last one and I don't expect the next to be any different. Can't speak for anyone else, but personally I've spent a lot of time away from here due to the constant rehashing of the same thread twenty times and consistently confrontational posts from people who had no interest in discussion and were only looking to outshout everyone else without bothering to do a lick of research into anything they claimed as fact. I still pop in every once in awhile to see if anything new is going on that I might be interested in knowing about, but ATS turned into a breeding ground for negativity and groundless accusations there for awhile. It just wasn't worth wading through the nonsense to get to the few decent posts in a thread. I'd imagine there are others who left voluntarily for similar reasons.

This place is only as good as the people posting in it. If you want more flavor or more informative, thought-provoking threads, the best way to get it is to post some. Eventually others will follow suit if enough posters take the time to really work on their own threads.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well, I certainly wouldn't wish you to have a difficult time. I won't bend your ear with comments a veteran of ATS like you may have heard many times before. Simply put, I can't react to offenses I do not see. So while I may be guilty of being inattentive to any particular alert, (which is not my intention,) I doubt anyone would want a cadre of moderators aggressively engaged to contend with issues simple maturity and clear thinking can easily overcome. Also, I do not scrutinize every response to any particular members' posts (that would be kind of creepy to me.)

Deep breath .....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by eeks4

Things might be getting boring now cause well all the topics have been discussed to the point of no return..Then what do you do..Well you look around for more chit chat sites and see if they have anything else that is different...When something major happens it should be different...The old topics are talked out i guess...

A good thing to do when things get a little slow is to delve into those long lost threads which contain alot of info that sometimes gets rehashed.
I have only been on here 7 months,and I have already been to the place of banging one's head on the desk because the same thing keeps coming across the board.
I can't imagine being on here for years and having to deal with that.

Over all,new things always come up to intrigue the mind.
That is why I love this place.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is why I love this place.

There it is there. Bitter or sweet this place is addictive. I can't even try to get used to another site. Guess that's why I moan and groan when things taper off around here.

Thank you all for your replys. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

top topics

join