It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the "righteous" muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I keep seeing the same pattern. A radical group is Muslims perform a horrible act, then some nascar dad jumps in and says how he wants all Muslims dead. Then some liberal hippie jumps down his throat and calls him a racist jerk and tell him he's ignorrant for wanting all muslims dead and explains that not all muslims are evil, all the while tells him all baout the atrocities that Christians have done in the name of Christ in the past.

Ok, so what's my point. I think that in this day and age, if a small group of Christians, or Scientolgist, or Hindus, or Catholics etc... performed horrible acts that compare to the one being doen right now by the extremist muslims, that the much larger community of that religious group would become enraged and do whatever it took to clear their name. I mean could you imagine if in this day and age a group of "christians" kidnapped a few jews and beheaded them because they felt the jews were controlling thier lives? The response from the Christian community would be unbeleivable. The same woud go for most every other faith.

So, why isn't there a massive response from the Muslim community on a global scale? Where are the leaders of this faith condeming and denouncing these animals? Sure, there have been a few here and there in the past that have come out against it, but nothing of any signifigance. I know that the the people who do these terrible things are a small group and the muslim community as a whole are peaceful, but right now it makes little difference unless that larger community takes it upon themselves to to what is necessary to end the actions of the smaller group. Maybe I'm totally off here, but when your faith is over a billion strong, and supposedly the only things you hear about your faith is the result of a few hundred, maybe thousand, then wouldn't you wnat that small group stomped out so that the theme of your faith, PEACE, is the one that people think of instead of mandatory beheadings towards the infedels who do not convert?

[edit on 1-9-2004 by mpeake]

[edit on 1-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I also, have tried to garner paticipation on this subject. A small percentage of poster have replied but there posts were a denounciation of my opinion.
The answer to your question is very simple. The majority of Muslims agree with what the radical minority are doing.
Take a look at history and see how a handful of radicals either religious or political in mindset overcame the power structure. The longer the majority does nothing to quell the radicals the stronger they become. A classic example is what happened to Weimer Republic in Germany. Hitler and his followers were political radicals who rose from the ashes of the WWI to claim the throne of the German nation.
One last point concerning the Muslim faith is that if you don't support the written words of there bibel or follow the directions of appointed religous leaders you will be condemmed to death.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I also have thought about that at great length. To take this a step further and illustrate the point, simply look at the Catholic community in the US with regard to the pedophile priests (Which is in and of itself horrible!) has reacted. There has been a HUGE outcry from the members of the church condeming this and demanding reform within the church. But the Muslims... Ah yes, those peace-loving Muslims... Well, NOTHING! They have not done a thing as a community or as a religion. Why? Because as flycatch has already stated, they secretly condone these actions by the terrorists. Their religion teaches intolerance of non-muslims. Their religion teaches that ONLY Muslims are the chosen one and that the rest of the world are infidels that must be destroyed if they cannot be converted to Islam.

My opinion, and only my personal opinion, is that this has come down to an us versus them mentality and I'll tell ya one thing... It ain't gonna be me going down!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Muslims are exactly like police. They stick up for their own against infidels. In the Koran it says it is OK to lie to infidels, but the word of a fellow Muslim is not to be questioned. They will lie to each others faces and accept it as the truth because each are Muslims.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We are on a role. keep the posts coming.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by flycatch]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am a person in touch with reality, however if we are to believe predictions by people such as Nostradamus (or if they've been interpreted correctly) then sadly there will be a coming war between Islam and the West. I think with the way things are going it'll be inevitable.

I haven't got a certain bias towards a certain position, however i'm not blind to what's going on. The problem is in the Middle Eastern countries, they have a virtual 'media blackout', so they don't have readily access to information as we do in the West, that's not a ignorant comment it is fact. Therefore they will be more likely to be brainswashed by some loony cleric, i mean think of it, you live in a country where the only information you get is from religious leaders. Where your religion is very important to you, it is your way of life of course you're going to believe it.

Because of this we may be looking at a third world war in the future sometime, and sadly i think the battlegrounds will be in Europe again. The 'terrorist' will eventually gain a foothold in some country, that country will steadily grow prosperous by selling oil or whatever, fuelled by their hatred of the west they will strive to become a great power. With the amount of extremists willing to join them they'll have a limitless supply of men. Problem is what happens if they attack and the extremists who already live in Europe, Britain and America will do, will they rise up and revolt?

Who knows however all of this may bcome to pass if we're not careful. I'm definitely not anti-Islam, i respect the religion. However with any religion it's always the extremists/fundamentalists who are heard the loudest and will gain more influence, especially in countries where there are little hopes where people will rally to a cause. If this war ever does occur there will be Muslims who will fight for the West too, remember that.

In order for humanity to progress peacefully and UNITED unfortunetely it'll require a big war, a war to truly end all wars. To stop the tribal warefare and start an unprecedented co-operation between the peoples of Earth.

[edit on 1/9/04 by Flyboy211]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Isn't there one person from the Muslim faith that would like to offer some enlightenment on the subject? I don't want to hear from Muslim sympathizers, I want to hear from Muslims who are proud of their faith and are sick of the actions of the animals who perform such evil acts in the name of Allah. Why aren't the leaders doing anything to stop the actions of the few for the greater of the many?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The U.S. government just got through lying to its own constituency about the threat of Iraq. Which has born witness to the death of tens of thousands of Iraqi muslims over apparently nothing and muslims across the globe are supposed to denounce terrorist actions that happen in Iraq that have occured as a result of that invasion? Where is the parity?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The U.S. government just got through lying to its own constituency about the threat of Iraq. Which has born witness to the death of tens of thousands of Iraqi muslims over apparently nothing and muslims across the globe are supposed to denounce terrorist actions that happen in Iraq that have occured as a result of that invasion? Where is the parity?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by heelstone]

I am not saying that the US gov't is the "Good" and the Muslims are the "Bad". It's obvious that there are gov't leaders here in the US who hate the current administration and are actually doing something about it. But the irresponsibility on the part of this admin doesn't escuse the horrible acts performed by the muslim extrmists. So, while we try to clean up our mess here in the US, why aren't the leaders of the Muslim faith from around the world trying to clean up their mess?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What great mighty righteous group of christians goes after the KKK whenever they pull of another dirty deed?

What great mighty righteous group of Jews goes after Israel for slaughtering and discriminating whoever isn't an Israelian?

What great mighty righteous group of Sikh go after those whacked out rebel groups of Sikh in India that kidnap tourists?

"He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Isn't there one person from the Muslim faith that would like to offer some enlightenment on the subject?

If I were muslim, I think I might be affraid to openly admit it here and come out of the closet...damn, some of you people would be looking me up to kill me and my family......probably my dog too!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
What great mighty righteous group of christians goes after the KKK whenever they pull of another dirty deed?

What great mighty righteous group of Jews goes after Israel for slaughtering and discriminating whoever isn't an Israelian?

What great mighty righteous group of Sikh go after those whacked out rebel groups of Sikh in India that kidnap tourists?

"He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone"

You've gotta be joking right? I know you're not from the US so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but when was the last time the KKK has gotten away with a hate crime that can compare with the beheading of dozens of innocent people? Like I said before, the things that were done in the name of "christianity" before won't be tolerated in this day and age. And I also used the religions of a civilised culture as examples, not the "Sikh". I am asking for a response from the "civilised" Muslim world.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Isn't there one person from the Muslim faith that would like to offer some enlightenment on the subject?

If I were muslim, I think I might be affraid to openly admit it here and come out of the closet...damn, some of you people would be looking me up to kill me and my family......probably my dog too!

First off, why would anyone be afraid to admit what faith they were on some internet chat room? Secondly, you are missing the point. No one is out to get the "muslims". Just looking for a responsible voice in the muslim crowd. Could you imaging if some white American kidnapped and executed a few muslims in the name of Crist, say in Boston or something? The response from the general public would be horrific! Not only would the non christian faith be in an uproar over such a blatant racist act, but the "christian" community as well. Sorry, but that claim that you and your family and your dog would be hunted down and killed is just not realistic.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Kind of like a "witchhunt" eh Lady V?

Anyhow,

"Where are the righteous muslims?"

It's a good question. Regrettably for them, their silence will be seen as agreement with their actions, and inevitably, this is going to lead to a situation similar to the Jewish persecution in Nazi Germany.

It is often said that history repeats itself. Looking at the Holocaust, just a few years ago, repeating that seemed like lunacy...and yet here we are, right on the brink of doing it all over again....

Right now, if you were to ask the average American off the street, I'd bet you'd find overwhelming support for simply bombing the middle east to rubble! This is a tragic and unprecedented state of affairs, and I feel it will only get worse after the next big attack...which isn't a matter of "if" but "when"..... We've already stopped some from happening, which shows us they are trying. Eventually, odds are at least one such plot will succeed. And when that happens...we'll be on our first steps to seeing Muslim Concentration Camps...akin to how the Japanese Americans were corralled in WW2....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
mpeake I certainly wouldn't, but I can see where some may! Are you honestly telling me you can't!? I see all sorts of posts here about "send them all home and nuke them".......you've got to be kidding!? I could definitely see where people would be afraid....akin to people being afraid to be a Jew, back during another time period!

EIDTED to add, they probably have to worry about "both" sides....us and the terrorists

[edit on 9/2/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sikh only happens to be the 5th largest religion on the planet ...
And are you really willing to bet money on it that people would go out and linch the KKK if they pulled anything?

And I guess you agree about the Israel part by so wonderfully avoiding

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Are any of you following this thread!?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's disgusting how closed minded and bigoted some people are!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
The majority of Muslims agree with what the radical minority are doing.

Like the pedophilia going on in San Jose right. Why aren't the majority of americans getting together to put an end to this. Why are the police part of the problem?

The only thing going on in this thread is finger pointing. Not only that but its racist too..

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
For one, there are only a couple of major united Islamic sects that have any media presence, and those that do have denounced the Iraq beheadings. The structure of Islam is not like that of western Christianity, it is fragmented into many small sects and denominiations. While many Muslim leaders have condemned the beheadings, none of them are high profile enough(in the West) to be noticed. The Grand Ayatollah Sistani is probably the most well known Muslim leader to people in the West, and he has condemned the beheadings.
Plus, remember that most terrorists arent part of the mainstream Muslim community. They are Wahhabist(mainly found in Saudi Arabia), and believe that Shi'ite Islam is heretical. In other words, they are extreme fundamentalists. Blaming all of Islam for those crimes is like blaming all of Christianity for abortion clinic bombers. Unfortunately, in both religions the bad apples get alot of attention because of their violent deeds. Go to these links for more info....
www.foreignaffairs.org... and 213.92.16.98...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
... and do some google.

There have been numerous condemnations of the atrocities, voiced by the islamic community including the good'ol Muqtada Al-Sadr.

The reason the terrorists can't be reigned in... Well look at what's happening... They are typically clandestine well armed groups/cells... Whether you are a pissed off muslim or christian... You can't get them that easily...

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Aelita]

<<   2  3 >>

join