It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the "righteous" muslims?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
These will be the same French Muslims who are responsible for massive increases in attacks on Jewish targets in that country.

These will be the same French Muslims whom Sharon has said that French Jews should return to Israel because France is no longer safe for them.

Hitler did not finish it did he? But he need not worry. The 21st century Nazism is here to complete the job - it is called Islam

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Some of the people here really need to watch the news before commenting.

I just watched a demonstration in Paris where literally thousands of Muslims were demanding that the French captives be freed.

I think this is great! But sadly, this is the first instance I have seen or heard of where a generaly large group of muslims are taking an active stance against such acts. I truly hope more events are to follow. I am a firm beleiver in cleaning up your own messes. I feel the same way about the US gov't, the Christian Church, and any other large group with power to hold people in the minority accountable when such acts are performed.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
it is not what it says in the bible that counts - it is what its adherent DO that counts.

Wow, some sort of Banner Boy for ignorance?

Never heard of the Holy Crusades? Or the Inquisition? Or the Burning of Witches? Or the brutal fighting between the Irish Protestants and Catholics? Or maybe the fun and games and ethnic cleansing in the breakup of Yugoslavia less than a decade ago?

There has been millions of evidences of Christians being just as evil as these Muslims have been recently, just as fiendish. Why, didn't our favourite Nazi, A. Hitler, consider himself a christian?

Therefore we sentence all Christians to the same fate you are wishing upon the people of Islam. Unfortunately though, these sentences hold no water, and all we really sentence is you to a lifetime of ignorance and close mindedness.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

Originally posted by crossfire
it is not what it says in the bible that counts - it is what its adherent DO that counts.

Wow, some sort of Banner Boy for ignorance?

Never heard of the Holy Crusades? Or the Inquisition? Or the Burning of Witches? Or the brutal fighting between the Irish Protestants and Catholics? Or maybe the fun and games and ethnic cleansing in the breakup of Yugoslavia less than a decade ago?

There has been millions of evidences of Christians being just as evil as these Muslims have been recently, just as fiendish. Why, didn't our favourite Nazi, A. Hitler, consider himself a christian?

Therefore we sentence all Christians to the same fate you are wishing upon the people of Islam. Unfortunately though, these sentences hold no water, and all we really sentence is you to a lifetime of ignorance and close mindedness.

Kano, I completely agree with you in that horrible acts have been performed in the name of "god" by many other religious sects other than Islam throughout history. No one can argue with that. I am also not one who feels all muslims should be lumped together in one pot and labled evil. Quite the contrary. But the things that have been done in the past were done in ignorrance and under misguided perceptions of what the true basis of the faiths they repersented were really about. We are living in a MUCH more civilised world, where such ideals are not accepted or tolerated as a whole. Of course you have fanatics in every sect, but nothing like what we are seeing now. So, why aren't the intellegent, civilised, levelheaded muslim community taking a harsh stand against such things on their own. The religions who performed atrocities in the past have been delt with and have been chastised for their transgressions (for the most part). When will that begin with the Muslim faith? Why won't they take action against the very ones who are ruining their good and decent name?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Some of you might want to ask your goverment why they DO NOT ALLOW moderate muslims to speak in USA.
Tariq Ramadan, a very famous modern muslim, born and raised in Europe, highly regarded as one of the very modern thinkers was recently denied visa by Homeland Security. He was supposed to be guest profesor at one of the ivy league universities (cant remember which one). For years he has been teaching in Switzerland, guest lectures all around Europe.
Here is what he says:
"Ramadan's chosen task is to invent an independent European Islam: "We need to separate Islamic principles from their cultures of origin and anchor them in the cultural reality of Western Europe." With 15 million Muslims on the Continent, Ramadan believes it's time to abandon the dichotomy in Muslim thought that has defined Islam in opposition to the West. "I can incorporate everything that's not opposed to my religion into my identity," he says, "and that's a revolution."

American scholars have protested against this absurd decision of Homeland Security, but as always goverment doesn't give a # what people want.

Now, this man is not allowed to speak in public to americans, but Bin Laden gets free air time as much as he wants every day on all TV stations.
That might be the reason why you don't see muslim scholars 24/7 on FOX denouncing terrorists and fundamentalists. Bin Laden sells better.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join