It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a witch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Except the fact he wasn't Jewish. He was descended from Sumerians. Nazarenes are descended from Sumerians, not Judeans. Judeans eventually had the word changed to Jews and Jewish, in the Bible.

This is why Jesus looks not like a Jew, and this is why he was critical of ALL the priests, in the New Testament.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakied0110
reply to post by darkredfish

What christians don't realize is that must its the belief is hypocrisy....im not bring mean, cruel, nor am I bashing... They do not like the idea of being proven wrong...the big thing that makes me upset is the other gospels that were '' left out”....the gospel of st.thomas...which goes against the idea of churches....among other things, gospel of judas, gospel of mary magdalene, etc... I was looking at the some secs of christianity and they consistently bash jews and jesus was a jew. Religion its fallible because it was made by man....I think jesus was extremely enlightened and I would believe that he would be somewhat of a pagan....it was around him, the time in which he grew up there were so many pagan religions around...

Jesus was strictly monotheistic as were the Jews of his time. This is historical fact, not belief. The odds of him being pagan are nil.
Further, this thread is not about christian beliefs. It is about a claim of Jesus being a witch. Let's not turn this into yet another "Christians are idiots for believing...xyz" thread. Try to stay on topic. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You are confusing magic with the supernatural. God is above the natural, therefore He is supernatural. Magic is deception and sleight of hand. It is the counterfeiting of truth to illusion and deception. The fact that Jesus and Moses had power over the natural world is not a trick, it is God working through whom he chooses here on earth. The power is not of the individual, but of God. As humans, we are limited in our gifts and abilities. When the new heaven and earth are revealed, we will have a new vehicle (body) to sense God's kingdom. More ability represents more responsibility. To imply that a person who is not elect can possess supernatural powers is to see God as less than what He says He is.

The Egyptian priests were magicians.

edit on 31-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

If Jesus was a witch and you believe his historical record which is where you learned about him then he changed your definition of witchcraft and you should be a Christian.

Who said I wasn't?
*wink wink*

link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by kinglizard

Wiccan and witch are two very differen't things. You are a Moderator here, I'd have thought you would have know better.

Elaborate?
2nd

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I was not going to say anything but it is nice to see that some people know that Wicca is a modern 'religion' and has little or nothing to do with witchcraft.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Cool, I'm a little shocked but am happy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I'd rather not, I'm in bed watching movies.

It's not hard to do one's own reserch though.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

You are confusing magic with the supernatural. God is above the natural, therefore He is supernatural. Magic is deception and sleight of hand. It is the counterfeiting of truth to illusion and deception. The fact that Jesus and Moses had power over the natural world is not a trick, it is God working through whom he chooses here on earth. The power is not of the individual, but of God. As humans, we are limited in our gifts and abilities. When the new heaven and earth are revealed, we will have a new vehicle (body) to sense God's kingdom. More ability represents more responsibility. To imply that a person who is not elect can possess supernatural powers is to see God as less than what He says He is.

I mean real magic, not vegas show magic.
Like envoking spirits and entities and minipulating energies magic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry that was not my intention to bash....just to point out that there is a lot of fallible properties in all religions.....because of the kind of world he was in....there are going to be cultural things that he could have adopted from a pagan culture....not saying he was pagan

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Jesus did not invoke spirits when he performed miracles, he just gave commands:

Rise, and walk.
Be still...
Your faith has made you whole...
Lazarus arise....etc. etc.

He spoke with authority. He did not need to appeal to anyone
Before some miracles he prayed giving thanks to God

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Words and definitions are important. Miracles occur when God superceeds the laws of physics. Magic is an illusionist pretending. This thread is suggesting that Jesus pretends with a veil of illusion. Neither of us can prove that he was or wasn't by simply saying it. The proof is in the lives of those he touches today. I can testify to a changed life because of a man that lived 2000 years ago. My definite path of destruction has changed. I am a new creature because of the Savior's love for me. This is a hope that comes from faith. Faith is not produced on fact, but evidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakied0110

I apologize for being so on edge but many of these threads do descend into bashfests. And I do agree that religion is fallible. But I believe in the teachings of Jesus in their purest forms without the doctrinal bs added.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
no. Jesus was not a witch. Jesus IS a witch. cuz He never died! amen. hallelujah! how many death threats have you received for this thread from "christians" so far?

i believe Jesus was a shaman. a guide, of sorts. yes, He dabbled with mysticism and magic and could do some cool jazz with His staff...but I think His calling was more in the shamanic field than sorcery. i just think He was gifted at everything...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's wicca's v Christians ding ding round two
(seeing they closed the other thread I don't think this one gonna stay up long
)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Technically he'd be a Warlock.....

warlocks where invented by walt disney... all witches are witches male and female alike.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I like this idea,

i like the thoughts that he was a witch who performed magic in its traditional sense...

i seen a poster saying magic... illusion... miracle defying physics, thats a modern definition of magic as prior to last 200 years people who performed black or white magics warlocoks, witches were infact seen as people who defied physics, not with illusion but with full blown miracle grade magic.

like was also mentioned, we dont worship Merlin, we can prove to the same level Merlin exsisted, we can prove to the same level he created miracle grade magic, this information is written in text.

I do not doubt Jesus was an excellent speaker, a great thinker, looking at the world from the point of view of someone not from Jewish pure blood into a religon that from afar you can see was corrupting (much like the modern day western world) he tried to teach a better nicer way to live, most likley believed in God and believed God was the source of his power.

Another poster said about him being brought up Jewish and the Jews not being into Magic.. well he done a few things the jews werent big on... going against teaching of elders..etc. etc.

There is as much chance of him being a Clever, sensible user of magic as there is him being the son of God.

Interesting thread, diffrent outlook S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Its kool....i hate bashfest as well.....but lets be honest jesus was a hippy .....and barbaric cultures hate hippies.....lol

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Really. Did you just justify that Moses 'took' the lives of innocent children because he 'had' to?

Well, you've just proved why religion is so effed up, and why Jesus is to be celebrated.

I will no longer participate in a thread where its OP justifies the killing of hundreds of innocent children.

So, instead of rising up and revolting, like most nations do, this guy felt compelled to, instead, invoke fear to the Egyptians by taking the lives of the first born child of every house that wasn't painted in lambs blood.

I don't care what religion you are from, that is just wrong. And gutless. Using magic and fear to free his people instead of growing a pair and rising up in arms.
edit on 31-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Words and definitions are important. Miracles occur when God superceeds the laws of physics. Magic is an illusionist pretending. This thread is suggesting that Jesus pretends with a veil of illusion. Neither of us can prove that he was or wasn't by simply saying it. The proof is in the lives of those he touches today. I can testify to a changed life because of a man that lived 2000 years ago. My definite path of destruction has changed. I am a new creature because of the Savior's love for me. This is a hope that comes from faith. Faith is not produced on fact, but evidence.

You are doing the whole pO-ta-tO pO-tA-tO thing that christians seem to do.
Magic is the same as a miracle, which is the same as a spell, which is the same as fairy dust, which is the same as energy minipulation.

There are so many words for it, and you seem to think there is a difference. There is not.

There are two types of magic:
Vegas magic: Tricks and illusions
Real magic: Energy minipulation, talking to the other realms.

The catholic church (And therefore all other christian churchs as being decendents) practice magic in the daily mass. This is not a bad thing, as magic is not bad or good, it only is.

Also, Who thinks this would make an AWESOME movie plot?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join