It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a witch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jesus, the person that all christians follow, was nothing more than a witch.

I realize that this may offend some, and I have no greater desire than to limit that, but I feel it must be said to disillusion the people who are following a ministry of self hate.

Many people have been clouded by the idea the jesus was the son of god, when actually he was nothing more than an extremely powerful magician, much like moses (hydromancy) and solomon (could control demons).

Why would I say this?

The bible gives many instances where jesus uses magic to get what he wants and to help other people.

The ressurection of Lazerath
The turning of water to wine
The curing of lepers
The curing of blindness
The multiplication of the bread and fish

All of these where done by a invokation of devine power, AKA: Magic.

I feel it is important because many christian ministries HATE wiccans and witchcraft, when in fact what they practice is nothing but a glorified form of it.

Think about church rituals:
Turning wine and bread to blood and body - Not usually literally, but in several cases we have seen the "Bleeding eucharist" syndrome in which the transfiguration is actually completed rather than only symbologicly completed.
Incsnese and candles - Both ancient wiccan symbols.
Bleeding statues - Not a church ritual, but a sign that an otherworldy presence is in the church as mary (in most cases) has been summoned to the area where the statue is bleeding. Also many cases of rose scents.
Baptism - Clensing rituals are SUPERCOMMON in wicca, and the cleansing of sin via water is not uncommon either.

You see how these are still witchcraft?

NOW: Witchcraft DOES NOT MEAN bad or evil. I am not calling jesus a devil worshipper or a demoncommunicater, I am simply stating the truth hidden in plain sight, what everyone sees but nobody SEES.

NOTE: DO NOT FLAME IN THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR RELIGOUS BASHING AND I WILL ALERT MODERATORS IF ANYTHING OF THE SORT HAPPENS. I WANT TO DISCUSS THIS POSSIBLITY IN A CIVILIZED MANNER.

Feel free to give me stars if you agree

*starbaiting ftw*

edit on 31-10-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I hear he wasn't too averse to the odd prostitute too. Worlds oldest profession.

Seriously though, this will draw the trolls in.
edit on 31-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I believe ATS is being invaded by witches...

Or were they already here?

Happy Halloween?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Technically he'd be a Warlock.....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yup I bet if Jesus came back in the 1600's no one would have known about it cos they woulda burned him.
Wow interesting thought maybe he has been back many times but his own Religion killed him for being a witch

I agree a lot of the things he did could be seen as witchcraft.

edit on 31-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Have you read the infancy Gospels?

If not you might want to take a look... Though at that age Jesus could not have been taught the things he did in my opinion...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Technically he'd be a Warlock.....

Technicaly, there is no , worlock, sorcerer, sorceress, ect because witch is a word for anyone who practices magic no matter what sex.
edit on 31-10-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I agree with you.

One of the biggest contradictions there is. Good post although you might get some Christians upset with this post. Let the bible quoting begin.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I can see how you have that interpretation. Moses and Hydromancy though. Surely its more than that. He brought locusts, he brought sickness, he took the lives of every first born son. He's certainly a murderer then, and delved in the Dark Arts.

You cannot compare them, now I have thought about it.

Jesus took no-ones life.

link   
I believe Jesus existed and was a good prophet , the Muslim faith believes he was a prophet as well but not the son of god . For him to accomplish this he must have been a very good speaker , persuasive , and probably used any means possible to accomplish this goal .It's to bad we can't all just accept the good message of loving one another !!

link   
So Jesus was just an advancement on the Wiccan belief? Meaning all wiccans should follow Jesus?

link   

If he were, he would have been the most powerful witch to ever live. Being able to change the physical world on queue is not an easy task. I do not believe in religion, I'm a witch. What you should have said, was that we're worshiping the power that each of us has to a varying degree, and not any invisible deity or son of a deity.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is a defense of that claim from another site. It kind of makes sense to me since Jesus adhered to strict Jewish tradition and the Jewish scriptures are clear on God's position concerning witches.

However, it has to be said that the whole concept of Jesus being a Witch, despite the fact that it is historically and culturally inaccurate, is totally obscene. Thankfully, most honest minded Witches would not make such an assertion. Jesus was from a thoroughly Jewish background, grounded in the Old Testament, which utterly condemns most of the practices of modern day Witches (e.g. Deut. 18:10-12; Lev. 19:26; 2 Kings:17:10-17; 2 Chron. 33:6).

Contrary, to the majority of Witches today, Jesus also believed in a literal personal Devil. Throughout the Gospels, Jesus spoke of Him and to Him using personal pronouns (for example, during His temptation recorded at Matt. 4:1-11).

In addition, there is no evidence that Jesus participated in any initiation rites, cast spells, believed in relativism (he spoke of truth and of being "the truth" John 14:6), believed in, or called upon the goddess (He called God "Father"), believed in reincarnation, or karma (he taught resurrection), believed that nature was divine (He taught that the world was created), or believed in the concept of polytheism (He was a strict Jewish monotheist).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I can see how you have that interpretation. Moses and Hydromancy though. Surely its more than that. He brought locusts, he brought sickness, he took the lives of every first born son. He's certainly a murderer then, and delved in the Dark Arts.

You cannot compare them, now I have thought about it.

Jesus took no-ones life.

Moses had an affinity for water. (The spring he made with his staff and the whole red sea thing, not to mention the tribe in that area that said they had magic ways of finding water [ prolly had his staff])

Also, law of duality: there is no "Dark" arts, no good or bad.

Moses was most direct, but still not evil. He only killed because he had a good reason and had too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
So Jesus was just an advancement on the Wiccan belief? Meaning all wiccans should follow Jesus?

No, no wiccans should follow jesus, NOBODY should. We should look to him for inspiration I guess, but he has no means or right to be worshipped.

We dont worship merlin do we?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but by me."

I think he may be expecting us to follow him

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What christians don't realize is that must its the belief is hypocrisy....im not bring mean, cruel, nor am I bashing... They do not like the idea of being proven wrong...the big thing that makes me upset is the other gospels that were '' left out”....the gospel of st.thomas...which goes against the idea of churches....among other things, gospel of judas, gospel of mary magdalene, etc... I was looking at the some secs of christianity and they consistently bash jews and jesus was a jew. Religion its fallible because it was made by man....I think jesus was extremely enlightened and I would believe that he would be somewhat of a pagan....it was around him, the time in which he grew up there were so many pagan religions around...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If Jesus was a witch and you believe his historical record which is where you learned about him then he changed your definition of witchcraft and you should be a Christian.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Wrong wrong the boy was just a lazy apprentice just like today no he was not around the corner texting some mundane things to his friends he was down the market telling the old guys how clever he was his adopted father said ,honestly that boy will make a cross for his own back if he doesn't pick his ideas up.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Wiccan and witch are two very differen't things. You are a Moderator here, I'd have thought you would have know better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join