It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

[video removed containing personally identifiable information]

Well there ya go. Looks like the officer has bee identified, and his address put on the internet. I'm all for accountability but I disagree with this new tactic of giving out the address of officers. It puts their entire family at risk for violent retaliation.

I suspect this guy probably is the culprit, but you never really know unless you hear it from an official source so lets not all jump to conclusions and freak out. I also suspect that he did indeed intend to hit Scott Olsen in the head, but again, we really don't know that 100%.

Just trying to stave off the automatic lynch mob mentality.

link

edit on 10/31/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: [video removed containing personally identifiable information]

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey wow now hes accountable for is actions, wow, isisnt that what where all suposed to be, responsible human behings, for everyone of our action theres a reaction.

Im sorry for his wife and kids for is action, im sorry for the marine that is in the hospital.
Lets hope he gets suspended for a few days, without pay at least.

Good on anonymous to do the dirty work, is superiours didint want to do.

just my 2 cents

+88 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They are here to PROTECT and SERVE. If they cannot do that without causing grievous harm, humiliation, and damage to those they are charged with said protection and service, then perhaps some consequences are in order. Same for anyone in a position of authority. They need to be the example of, not the exception to.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

I hope he is (assuming this is the correct officer of course) suspended for a month or two without pay and retrained on the force continuum. I think it's possible that he just made a mistake, but more probable that the head shot was intentional.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
and that is exactly what the govt/higher up want you to do, harass the officer and his family and become painted as trouble makers and a problem. then you will be suppressed using violence and force. hopefully the american protestors have someone to come in and help them defeat the facist regime.......... just like america helped libya

+61 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm all for releasing a disgusting authority figures personal info. Maybe if they knew they were putting their families lives in danger they wouldn't "follow orders" so blindly.

Suck for the family but hey, don;t blame the people blame your dip*hit husband who assaulted an unarmed man with deadly force.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder how they found out it was this guy, Unless someone ID him at the scene, and it has taken this long to put it out there, There is NO way anyone could see that officers badge from that one video, showing the marine get shot and the Flash bang going off. I disagree with providing the offficers address to the public, asking for trouble there.

+43 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

Lets hope he gets suspended for a few days, without pay at least.

Let's hope he gets a whole lot more than that...

Johnny Law likes to take care of their own, so how 'bout this: His fellow officers beat his ass and send a clear message that this will not be tolerated within...otherwise, it's only a matter of time before it's Open Season on all of them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just want to say one more thing really quick before everyone hop on the 'it keeps cops honest' bandwagon. Let's say you got into a fight with someone. Let's say you punched a guy for some reason. All of a sudden your family was being threatened for YOUR actions. Is that really fair? Post his name, sure. Just don't post his address and phone numbers, or the names of his family. Even if it is public information posting encourages violence. If you advocate non violence against protesters then advocate violence towards cops you are no better than the cops you profess to hate.

+63 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
well if he didn't shot someone in the face point blank and then throw a flash bang gernade at them when there on the ground then he would not have to worry about a mob coming to his house.

Hes hiding behind the badge and i'am glad anonymus found him!

edit on 31-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

My fellow Oakland Citizens are in danger from lose cannon cops like this! Its clear as day he did this. Im not Instigating violence to be done to him but a protest out side his house will do just fine. let the world know if your a cop and work outside the law, you will be found!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

My fellow Oakland Citizens are in danger from rouge cops like this! Its clear as day he did this. Im not insiting violence to be done to him but a protest out side his house will do just fine.

And if he has children!? THINK!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

My fellow Oakland Citizens are in danger from rouge cops like this! Its clear as day he did this. Im not insiting violence to be done to him but a protest out side his house will do just fine.

And if he has children!? THINK!

why are you defending this punk cop? he should have thought of that before becoming a cop and blasting peaceful protesters with gas canisters and flash bang gernades

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Trial? Hahahahaha! You've got to be kidding me. When the kid in my town with a cognitive deficiency was beaten to death by 6 cops, not one of them actually even went in front of a judge. They got a few months PAID suspension. There aren't any courts for men like him.

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Who verified this information?

How did they arrive at the conclusion that this particular officer perpetrated the act?

Was this reviewed and verified beyond any reasonable doubt?

Is there even a slight chance that the officer who's name is posted and being spread around was not the officer who perpetrated the act?

Interesting...

I keep hearing the words "rights, equality, justice" etc...

Now I see the information of a person who may or may not have done something wrong - who makes an average salary, probably has a mortgage to pay off and a family to feed - being spread around online amongst some people who are clearly not looking to send him fan mail.

Interesting...

I keep seeing people upset about the treatment of protestors and the lack of respect they are being given, and I keep seeing signs protesting the infringement of rights perpetrated by the government and law enforcement, and yet now I see the information of a person who may or may not have done something wrong, being denied a proper investigation into his alleged crime. Make no mistake, there was a crime here, but the officer is not being given his rights or a fair shake either, is he?

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

You are either FOR equality, fairness, justice, and rights for all, or you're AGAINST it. You can not cry for rights for some and ignore rights for others or you are no better than those you protest against.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Wait so you know for a fact that the shot was intentional and that he was also the same cop who threw a 'flashbang' at the people attempting to render aid?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

That was what I was trying to say, but said much better. Thanks for that. We really do need to remember that rights have to be granted to everyone or no one.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by camaro68ss

Wait so you know for a fact that the shot was intentional and that he was also the same cop who threw a 'flashbang' at the people attempting to render aid?

I know for a fact the flash bang nade was thrown intentionally. Ive seen the video. But what i "hear" its the same cop that did both. I live in the bay area, word moves fast here

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join