It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Anonymous is the best, they only do good and they get the minimun credit......

Anon is the future .......you guys rock !!!
edit on 31-10-2011 by POPUP2000 because: mistake

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by camaro68ss

No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

My fellow Oakland Citizens are in danger from rouge cops like this! Its clear as day he did this. Im not insiting violence to be done to him but a protest out side his house will do just fine.

And if he has children!? THINK!

Why didn't he think of the same thing prior to hitting Scott Olsen? He could've also been a parent!
Why are you defending this COP anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well I agree that the flashbang was thrown intentionally. I saw that video. Just don't think we have any tangible proof it was the same cop that shot Mr. Olsen in the head. I also don't think we have any tangible proof the officer did shot him intentionally. I've never fired a tear gas canister and would probably shoot myself in the head if I tried. Perhaps he lacked training which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

Trial? Hahahahaha! You've got to be kidding me. When the kid in my town with a cognitive deficiency was beaten to death by 6 cops, not one of them actually even went in front of a judge. They got a few months PAID suspension. There aren't any courts for men like him.

How can anyone possible hear or follow the fight against corruption if those fighting are corrupt themselves? What happened to Scott Olsen was horrific. The Mayor of Oakland promised to follow through on investigation and even if she doesn't feel that in her heart the public pressure was too great to ignore, Oaklanders did their job in demanding justice. How are any of you supporting this going to feel if a member of this cops family is hurt? How are you going to feel if he is innocent? Lead by example. Everytime a cop uses excessive force be there screaming for justice and end it there.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I agree with you facelift, why on earth does everyone seem to think suspension with or without pay is justifiable in these circumstances, there are worse ones that come to mind, but it seems to be the default punishment everywhere, clearly for people( I say people, not police, these kind don't deserve a badge) who should not even be in this kind of workforce. Bluntly put if you are not doing your job properly, your fired. Period.

I understand these matters can be much more delicate in this kind of workforce, and extenuating circumstances will probably prevail for this officer.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If he has children, he should be showing them an example on how to be a good police officer. Not attempting to murder an inocent peaceful protestor. what kind of role model is that? His kids should be ashamed of his actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anonykids are motivated by one thing, and one thing only: teh lulz.

While some of them will have injected some kind of warped purpose into their pathetic, meaningless lives, by playing Columbo - the truth of the matter is that there is absolutely no proof or verification that this is the officer that was responsible. Still, Anonymous won't care. They've done the two things which make themselves tick: created lulz and whored some attention.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Camero, Im with ya, he definatly needs to have the world knowing who he is and where he is from. Its his own ass if they go looking for him... Peaceful protests getting broken up by non peacefull means... Also to everyone who is like"well we should be nice to him he is just doing his job" my point to that is if a scientist is just doing his job and accidently destroyed some huge portion of this planet or something similar, would we not hold him accountable. Thats the problem with people now adays noone wants to be accountable for their own actions... bunch of pussies thats what I say.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did Anon get this from the video, or was it from someone that was there?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I just want to say one more thing really quick before everyone hop on the 'it keeps cops honest' bandwagon. Let's say you got into a fight with someone. Let's say you punched a guy for some reason. All of a sudden your family was being threatened for YOUR actions. Is that really fair? Post his name, sure. Just don't post his address and phone numbers, or the names of his family. Even if it is public information posting encourages violence. If you advocate non violence against protesters then advocate violence towards cops you are no better than the cops you profess to hate.

yea that's fair. don't be a jack ass and you won't have to pay consequences. it's a fair assessment that knowing there are consequences in which will scare you not to do something is a good thing.

what if the person you punched was a mafia member with a vengeance problem? i think it's a healthy thing to be scared just enough of others to not do something you may end up regretting. like you said "keeps people honest". no one person is any greater than another, and eventually if you are a bully you gonna come against that one person that is the bully's bully.
i know that was me in high school. you wanna prove your superiority through force? let me knock you off that pedestal before you get to high and kill yourself when you fall.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
reply to post by Domo1

I agree with you facelift, why on earth does everyone seem to think suspension with or without pay is justifiable in these circumstances, there are worse ones that come to mind, but it seems to be the default punishment everywhere, clearly for people( I say people, not police, these kind don't deserve a badge) who should not even be in this kind of workforce. Bluntly put if you are not doing your job properly, your fired. Period.

I understand these matters can be much more delicate in this kind of workforce, and extenuating circumstances will probably prevail for this officer.

i agree with you to an extent, but my only disagreement is that it should be a harsher punishment.

what would happen to me if i did this? i'd be sitting in a jail. plain and simple that's attempted murder. lock him up and throw away the key. let the inmates deal with him.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i just hope all of the people cheering having this cops info posted and are encouraging retribution dont come crying when someone puts their info ou tlike that for something they have done.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

what would happen to me if i did this? i'd be sitting in a jail. plain and simple that's attempted murder. lock him up and throw away the key. let the inmates deal with him.

I'm sure I will be called a bootlicker for this but do we know that the shot was actually intentional? I suspect that it was but in the off chance it was not I think we need to withhold judgement.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I like threads like this. It identifies the violent irrational members here.

Anarchists are far more dangerous than the government could ever be and that is plenty bad.

Anonymous should be prosecuted if any harm comes to anyone from their actions. Hope they are held accountable, but most of all I hope this Officers family are not harmed.

No person in their right mind would have done this, so we can assume that there are some true criminals and punks in Anonymous.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I like threads like this. It identifies the violent irrational members here.

Anarchists are far more dangerous than the government could ever be and that is plenty bad.

Anonymous should be prosecuted if any harm comes to anyone from their actions. Hope they are held accountable, but most of all I hope this Officers family are not harmed.

No person in their right mind would have done this, so we can assume that there are some true criminals and punks in Anonymous.

But blanie, with out anonymous i can say this guy would have never been found and held acountable. No one wants the cop hurt but he must face justice and the people will make sure he is seen in the court of law for his actions.

Other wise with out anonymous this guy would have been free and cops would not think twice before blasting someone in the face
edit on 31-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

ok attempted manslaughter than at the very least. he should be held accountable. it's that simple.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm not advocating violence, I was merely stating that there will be no repercussions from the legal system against that pig, or whomever was actually responsible if it turns out it wasn't he who fired the shot. Are the people releasing the man's information advocating violence either? Not that I can tell. It seems to me like an excellent way to make that bastard sweat a little bit.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How many here are 100% sure that the guy Anon has singled out is the guilty Cop? Isn't there something in this country we call due process? Innocent until proven guilty?

Otherwise, all we have here is simple Mob rule and some group online singling out random people with no real facts.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just cannot buy the explanation that it was an accident. Being at such a close range, and police officers being proficient marksmen, or at least should be as they are required to qualify with their weapons, they should know when they are going to hit somebody with their projectile.

If you aim it at a person, it isn't an accident. Not when you are trained in firearms. This was intended, as he made the decision to pull the trigger. Some say that police have stressful jobs, and can't always make the correct decisions, and this is true to an extent.

But, they should not be police officers if they cannot handle the stress of the job. They should be held to a higher standard than others, as they have authority over others. This is a blatant misuse of that authority, and look what the result of his actions is...We have an ex-marine in the hospital, and who knows what is going to happen to him.

We know that the law are not going to prosecute one of their own, at least it isn't likely, especially since the police department has denied responsibility to begin with, so how is justice going to be served? There have been multiple instances of Anonymous serving their own type of justice on people who are clearly disregarding the rights of others, and whether you agree with it or not, it will most likely be done in this case as well.

They are not going to hurt him, at least judging from past occurrences, but they will make him relatively miserable for a while. It is unlikely that they will ruin his life, despite the fact that he may have purposefully ruined someone else's, but who knows? I just hope that this is really the right guy, as it would suck to have to put up with the oncoming storm if you weren't the one who did it.

In the video the guy advises we find out if this was ordered from above, or if it was a personal decision. I do not see how it could have been anything other than a personal decision. The order didn't come down to shoot gas canisters at people in an attempt to hit them. Was it even a gas canister? I have also heard it was a rubber bullet I believe. A gas canister could do much more damage, as they are fired at a high velocity.

They are NOT designed to be shot AT people. They are designed to land in a crowd. If it is shot, travels a distance, and then is coming down in an arc, it will do less damage if someone is hit. BUT, at close range, before the canister has a chance to arc and travel a distance, the sheer velocity of the projectile at that point, the point that this person was struck, is enormous. Testament to this is in the fact that this guy is in the hospital in critical condition.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How many here are 100% sure that the guy Anon has singled out is the guilty Cop?

Indeed...it should be confirmed before beating his ass.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join