It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Cain is looking more and more ABLE to lead, IMO, with each 'controversy.'

The "Smoking Man" ad was/is brilliant in its irony...and from what I had read, it caused a nice 'blip' in Cain Campaign donations. The 'internal' polls of both Obama and Romney must be looking horrendous for 'dirt' to come put this early. Myth's staff has the upcoming primaries to worry about--and Obama has 'authenticity' issues (Cain IS everything Obama claims to be but won't release actual records on--ie., Cain really WAS a rocket scientist (Navy mathmetician on missle trajectory) among other things.

Between 'Smoking Man' and the Cain soundbyte on remembering seeing segregation signs on public transit (Cain referenced how great he views America's real CHANGE, as now how he cannot not only 'sit any where' but he now owns his OWN bus, his picture is on the side, and he is running for President) he must be polling really high--and scaring all the 'right' people (who IS this interloper??? It Mitt's 'turn' to run against Barry!!! How dare this upstart!)

If Cain gets the nod, I hope, in his clean sweep, he turns Congressman Paul lose on the Fed (so as his talents don't go to waste in Congress).
edit on 31-10-2011 by Glinda because: fixing typos

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Breaking News...... dot dot dot... dash dash.... dot dash dot.....(with Video).....

Cain On Sexual Harassment Charge: "Totally Baseless And Totally False"

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Well.... I guess a 15 Year Old allegation is the best they got? Please. The alleged "activity" (which was later proven to be baseless-back then!) wasn't even overly sexual.... MORE BS MSN. But, you liberal types love it....I guess.

Is this the end of this? I hope?
edit on 10/31/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Originally posted by Cuervo
Saying that, I have to admit that, if he hadn't gained in the polls recently, I don't think this would have ever come up in the news. Take that however you want but these convenient accusations happen all the time when somebody unlikable gets ahead in popularity.

TOTALLY agree. There may be something to this, or there may not be, but you can be sure Cain's numbers in the polls triggered someone to start digging.

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think the Politico reporters are following a real story lead, and based on how the two women were dismissed and received financial settlements along with a ban on speaking about the story - that in itself looks like a admission of guilt.

Oh, I think there's a real story. I don't doubt that someone charged Cain of harassment, but he said he was falsely accused. That's pretty believable to me. I have to take into account that even though I have other issues with him as a person and a president, he seems to be a pretty decent fellow at heart. I mean, even though he's a politician, he's got a pretty good reputation for NOT being a slimeball. It's certainly possible he is guilty, but I'm not ready to go there... yet.

reply to post by anon72

Um... yes. That has already been reported in the thread. Thanks. though.

Originally posted by anon72
Is this the end of this? I hope?

The end of what? The thread? This discussion? Herman Cain? I guess we shall see.

:spooky, Halloween laughter:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Ron Paul campaign was the first to respond to these allegations against Cain:

"We plan to beat Herman Cain on the issues, like his support for TARP and his cozy relationship with the Federal Reserve, not by assaulting his character," Benton told POLITICO.
www.politico.com...

I happen to agree with Paul. It's the issues that matter. While this might be what brings Cain "completely down", imo, Cain's failure to secure the GOP Presidential nomination should be because of the Aquila scandal, his support of the Patriot Act, his support of TARP, his unworkable 999 plan, the fact that he worked for the FED (the very entity who has made this economic mess) and doesn't think the FED needs abolished, etc.

I was disgusted with the whole Clinton/Lewinsky matter--the waste of taxpayer dollars, plus it's none of my business. However, Clinton should have been impeached for other VALID reasons, as should have many past Presidents...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can't believe so many people here are sticking up for Salamander face.

What has Herman Cain done to deserve this much respect?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Herman Cain: I have never sexually harassed anyone, let’s say that. Secondly, I’ve never sexually harassed anyone, and yes, I was falsely accused while I was at the National Restaurant Association, and I say falsely, because it turned out, after the investigation, to be baseless. The people mentioned in that article were the ones who would be aware of any misdoings, and they have attested to my integrity and my character. It is totally baseless, and totally false, never have I committed any sort of sexual harassment.

www.theblaze.com...

Why is this coming out now? Cain has been a celebrity for a number of years. The case against him appears to be very thin at best. Reminds me the Clarence Thomas fiasco. There are some who will never accept powerful conservative Black men because they don't fit the stereotypical model of a Black man that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have so carefully crafted to keep themselves in business. The barbs are thrown at Cain, Alan West and Michael Steele all the time for the only reason of their political stance as Black Men.

edit on 31-10-2011 by jibeho because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Excellent! Once again, Congressman Paul sticks to his Libertarian beliefs. It IS the issues--not the SMEARS!!! Any wonder why the 'outsiders' Cain/Paul are winning hearts AND minds.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

He's a man of many accomplishments who has set aside his interests in private industry to add his voice to the national dialogue of presidential politics, knowing how every weasel with a spitball shooter would come after him.

He's not a career politician. He doesn't need that. I respect him for being willing to enter the arena, especially since it isn't a natural progression/logical next step for him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
What do you expect from a Republican...find a decent one..trust me you won't be able to.

Well, actually...Ron Paul has been married to the same woman for (I believe) 43+ years, has never been accused of sexual misconduct, was voted "Best All-Around" in his 1953 yearbook, as of 2001 traveled:

"more than 300 miles (480 km) daily to attend civic ceremonies for veterans, graduates, and Boy Scouts, often accompanied by his grandchildren. His staff helps senior citizens obtain free or low-cost prescription drugs through a little-known drug company program; procures lost or unreceived medals for war veterans, holding dozens of medal ceremonies annually; is known for its effectiveness in tracing Social Security checks; and sends out birthday and condolence cards."
(according to Texas Monthly)
I'm also personally a republican (mainly due to Ron Paul and closed primaries in Oklahoma, honestly), and would like to think I'm a decent enough fellow as well.

Generalized statements like this are rarely correct, and almost always utterly ignorant.

edit on 10/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Arg! You beat me to the Clarence Thomas reference!!!!

His accusers are obviously racist*

*Hey, it worked when the progs used it about Obama

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow! Just found the following on another site:
State firm's cash to Herman Cain may breach federal campaign, tax laws
www.jsonline.com...

I can only conclude that "somebody" wants Cain "gone" from the POTUS race (not that I support him, because I don't--I support Ron Paul).

For anyone interested here's a video of Cain flip-flopping on his stance concerning the Federal Reserve:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Bill Clinton was banging interns the whole time
he was in office and you people did not bat an eye.

Who is "you people"?

Bill Clinton was impeached.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Bill Clinton was banging interns the whole time
he was in office and you people did not bat an eye.

Who is "you people"?

Bill Clinton was impeached.

Clinton was acquitted on the the two charges that stood against him and finished out his term in office. Never a scar or blemish left behind as a reminder to himself. It was rather amazing.
edit on 31-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

"Cain Has Never Sexually Harassed Anybody, Period. End Of Story"
www.realclearpolitics.com...

In case you missed the retort....

edit on 10/31/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

You do know that now he is admitting that he was accused of Sexual Harrasment?

www.politico.com...

Did these two women accuse Cain in the 1990s knowing one day he would run for office and they could offer their accusations to deny him political office?

I am just confused about how this whole..."it's the media that is attacking Herman Cain" logic works?

he has admitted the accusations, just denied the act, for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You know there have been some very lame sexual harassment claims throughout the years,

They accused him of inappropriate behavior, what exactly does that mean? It may mean different things to different people.

Did he say their derriere looked nice in that dress?

In which case I would have hugged him.

They had nice legs?

Eat with is mouth open?

What?

" I did not have sex with that women."

Define "is".

Please don't be hypocrites, Bill had sex in the oval office. Although he did not inhale.

Obama smoked dope.
edit on 023131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I can not believe ATS lets such sick racist comments
on a site that is for denying ignorance!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I can't believe so many people here are sticking up for Salamander face

What they heck is that supposed to mean?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How was my comment racist?

Salamanders come in all different colors.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In Rockdisjoint's defense, i think she was referring to the way Cain breathes hellfire. Not the fact that he is a humanoid amphibian.
edit on 31-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I can't believe so many people here are sticking up for Salamander face

What they heck is that supposed to mean?

It means he looks like a salamander.

Thought that was obvious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join