It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
When you give someone a financial settlement and make them sign an NDA....you are trying to hide something.

You don't get a financial settlement for "baseless claims".

Sorry Cain...we all can tell that you are lying.

This selective memory thing is entertaining though.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You don't get a financial settlement for "baseless claims".

You could not be more wrong. It happens every day. Out of court settlements are done as a cost of doing business, to avoid the crap shoot and expense of a trial. Being right, or innocent, is irrelevant. It's a cost/benefit analysis and more often than not, the analysis reveals - pay 'em and move on.

Companies sure won't revel that, and that's the primary purpose of a NDA. A settlement announcement is like a dinner bell to a pack of hungry wolves. They'll line up to cash in like the last plaintiff.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You are right -- when one reaches a certain stature in life, his options become limited. In this case, door number 2 is the best choice.

If one is guilty of the allegations, however, a third option becomes available. When faced with extortion, one could simply go public and admit to the affair. You then remove the weapon from the hands of the extortionist. This was done very effectively by a 20th century president, whose name escapes me.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Well, they had to come up with something.
---------
This is nothing compared to Bill Clinton and he is cheating on Hillary right now.

If this is all they have then President Herman Cain should have no problem walking into
the White House.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Allegations: Mike Huckabee Accuses GOP Campaigns Of Leaking Story

Huckabee says he can “almost guarantee” a rival GOP campaign fed POLITICO the Herman Cain story

Was it Romney, Perry, Karl Rove . . . or someone else?

Uh oh, Huck... Don't jeopardize your gig on Fox "news".

On Anderson Cooper last night (10/31) they interviewed the Politico reporter (Ben Smith?) who wouldn't confirm it came from a rival camp, but if you saw the smirk and nodding while not confirming the source was a rival camp he all but admitted (wink wink nod nod) the leak came from a rival camp in the GOP. Dirty Politics 101, I'm guessing GOP insiders leaked this to a so-called liberal site to put distance between themselves and any fallout.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh please, I get so tired of partisan hacks on here playing like Sexual Harassment doesn't happen. It's a freaking epidemic in government and the higher echelons of corporate america. You either learn to live with it or leave. I can tell you some stories from my life that involve sexual advances from nasty old politicos who smell of geritol with freaking nose hairs that could scare satan. They have no taste either, they'll hit on almost anything under the age of 30.

I seriously doubt Obama did it, most likely someone in the GOP camp is taking him down. Romney is still the man to beat.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Cain continues to avoid answering direct questions about the incidents. When asked point blank by a reporter, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

If there is a nondisclosure agreement in place, 'no one involved' is allowed to reply to any questions. Once someone does open up about both cases, he or she can be held reliable for a breach of contract.

Where was politico when people were talking about Obama's past?

*shrugs*

At least Cain has an excuse for not answering. What is Obama's?

Politico intentionally put Cain in a tough position. My question would be... Where did Politico get their information, and can they be sued by Cain to find out their source?

Someone may have breached the contract.

edit on 11/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A couple things..first, once again we have vague allegations against a man by women whose identity is protected, while herman cain has to explain himself. interesting that the women don't have to come forward at all. Also,, it has to be said, that sexual impropriety issues are perceived differently for black men than white men. a white guy who does this, might get the "nod/wink" treatment, but if a black man is accused, everyone thinks he's a rapist, whether he did it or not. since herman cain's main constituency is white, it's a big problem, which was not helped by his ridiculous responses about it.dude is going down for his response more than the allegations themselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If there is a nondisclosure agreement in place, 'no one involved' is allowed to reply to any questions.

That might be the case... or..

NDAs can be "mutual", meaning both parties are restricted in their use of the materials provided, or they can restrict the use of material by a single party.

Wiki

At least Cain has an excuse for not answering. What is Obama's?

You are assuming Cain's reason. And what did Obama refuse to answer?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Cain's sexual conduct is no worse than Clinton's was and he was elected twice.

Actually Clinton's sex scandal was worse IMO. He did more than proposition someone.

Secondly, he may have been elected twice, but the scandal broke during his second term. If it had broke during his first term, Ican't imagine him being re-elected, let alone getting his parties nomination.

Most importantly, this repeated mention of Clinton has nothing to do with Cain. One man's crimes do not excuse anothers. This form of rebuttal of gradeschool logic would warrant a verbal trounsing by a 3rd grade teacher....
I only punched Tommy because Billy did it first and I thought that meant I could! Seriously???

BTW - I ask again...why hasn't Cain's wife agreed to just one single public appearance standing by his side as he denies any wrongdoing? Perhaps Cain's campaign managers haven't desperately asked once or twice? Right....

I suspect his story has been evolving at home as well as with the press.

Anthony Weiner resigned, Clinton got impeached and disgraced, Larry Kraig...oh that's right, he refused to resign...but you get my point. Don't cheat on your spouse and if you do...come clean and face the consequences like an adult...what I am seeing from Cain is self-preservation and a crumbling story that keeps changing every time he discovers exactly "what they got" on him.

Even Pres. Bush took a more honorable route when confronted on the alledged drug use of his youth..."When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible" and left it at that saying it was not relevant to the issues.

Cain though....Deny, Deny, Deny...change story...Deny Deny...change story Deny Deny

His wife knows him best in this regard and she has not appeared by his side once during this scandal..She speaks without speaking.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Looks like Cain's Wife is Going to do an Interview

Gloria Cain's possible upcoming interview, reported by The New York Times, comes as the GOP presidential candidate has been besieged by questions about allegations he sexually harassed two women who worked for him at the National Restaurant Association in the mid-1990s.
Gloria Cain is said to be headed to Greta Van Susteren's show on Friday night. The Fox host discussed the sexual-harassment allegations at length with the candidate last night.

Whether or not she stands beside him is not my concern. My only concern is did Cain use his position to solicit sexual favors or not? His relationship with his wife is personal. What he thinks of women and how he treats them IS a concern.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahaha! You quasi-conservatives are now stuck with Romney. What a joke of an election cycle this will be.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This smacks of fishy. Why do high profile black Republicans seem to get hit with allegations of "inappropriate sexual behavior"? Herman Cain is getting more scrutiny then Obama ever did
Or does the first black prez get a pass on his dirty laundry?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Herman Cain is getting more scrutiny then Obama ever did
Or does the first black prez get a pass on his dirty laundry?

What in heaven's name are you talking about "Obama gets a pass"??? Have you not heard of the rumors and accusations and 'dirty laundry' stories involving Obama and his heritage, his religion, his marriage and his personal habits??? Is that what you call 'giving him a pass'? One story comes out about Cain and some of you are acting like Obama never had any stories in the media about his personal life!
To this day, people are still accusing him of being born in Kenya or Indonesia or something.

What ARE you talking about? A 'pass'! That's hilarious!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is the objective. To blow his campaign out of the race. He poses a threat to many and he was gaining. This is good ol boy tactics 101. WE have seen it used time and time again during each election campaign. He is officially shot in the foot and he will not come back from it and whoever is behind it knows it. They probably had this as a contingency for just the occasion. So long and farewell to you Cain.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What are TPTB afraid of?

By my schedule, I see 7 more GOP debates before the years' end, and 7 more after ringing in 2012...

I want to see them all (candidates) in the debates, who doesn't... who is toppling the applecart?

Cain, Paul, Gingrich, Huntsman, Bachmann, Santorum et al?

Seems someone doesn't want these folks heard... who is it?

Right now the target is squarely on the back of the one (without BIG money backing), who has somehow taken the lead... how can this be? you have Millions behind the top two Republicans, and an estimated first time ever 1 Billion dollar campaign by the incumbent, yet this guy, with little resources, not playing by the same game that has been played the past 4 decades, is leading?

It's fitting that this is surfacing around Halloween, since he has scared the (SNIP) out of the folks who think business as usual will work this time...

I am not falling for this ..

I don't think too many others are either...

Flip the script in DC... toss the bums out of Congress and get a President elected who isn't tied to the status quo, and this type of smear campaign is part of the status quo..

Whoever has the least $$$, I listen to most.....
Whoever isn't a lifer politician.. I listen to most...

It's coming up on the 2012 draft...we don't need to hang onto these old overpriced non performing veterans of DC..

I want a new DC... one that listens, and is accountable to the people, not corporations or special interest groups..

I could quote MLK and say..

"I have a Dream" but I won't, because...

We don't need to dream, we need to act, we have the power, let's use it for once next November

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
What are TPTB afraid of?

By my schedule, I see 7 more GOP debates before the years' end, and 7 more after ringing in 2012...

I want to see them all (candidates) in the debates, who doesn't... who is toppling the applecart?

Cain, Paul, Gingrich, Huntsman, Bachmann, Santorum et al?

Seems someone doesn't want these folks heard... who is it?

(1) Yes, likely a strategic effort of GOP contender origin...Romney is Cain's rival in the polls, why did you not mention the obvious Romney?

(2) If the Democrats had this information they would wait until Cain got the GOP nomination and Romney was old news before dropping the story on the GOP selection....but before the nomination? A contender is the only thing that makes sense.

(3) Just because someone used the story for a political agenda does not make the story untrue.

Right now the target is squarely on the back of the one (without BIG money backing), who has somehow taken the lead... how can this be? you have Millions behind the top two Republicans, and an estimated first time ever 1 Billion dollar campaign by the incumbent, yet this guy, with little resources, not playing by the same game that has been played the past 4 decades, is leading?

I am unsure why people continually paint Herman Cain as the "common man"..He is a Former CEO of a huge company and former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas.

Whoever has the least $$$, I listen to most.....
Whoever isn't a lifer politician.. I listen to most...

Were you a big supporter of then candidate Obama? Say what you like about his policies, but he came into office with the least personal wealth or DC experience than any President in recent history.

Just saying, you might want to expand your wish list.

We don't need to dream, we need to act, we have the power, let's use it for once next November

First give us real choices. Otherwise I suspect it will be a season of everyone holding thier nose and voting R or D rather than the candidate.

How about OWS starts scouring thier masses for viable candidate? How about the TP puts up a non-establishment nominee, rather than recycling Establishment Pols and pretending they are fresh and new.

I am talking about people who declare TP or OWS or independant (remember those extinct critters?)...as thier party affiliation and tell the RNC and DNC to keep thier cash.

If you are going to dream....dream big. I imagine a non D or R candidate running would resonate with the American Public...have you seen the approval ratings for Rs and Ds??? Historic, unprecedented lows...yet we are poised to once again vote for an R or a D....why? Because as bad as they are they have us convinced the other side is utter armageddon.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The best reason for taking out Cain like this is to prevent him from setting the pace in the debates - and the only ones who benefit are the ones Cain was hurting in the debate polls.

Romney, Perry, or their party chief Karl Rove, would love to get rid of Cain.

If the Dems had this info they would have kept it in reserve for the general election.

Had Cain remained a distant 3rd in the polls, you would never have seen this leak.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join