It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

He looks like a salamander?

OK

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard

What's up with the selective bias on ATS?
If this happened to Ron Paul, you'd all call it a media coverup.

LMAO.

Ron Paul is a gyno, so he's touched thousands of woman..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I can't believe so many people here are sticking up for Salamander face.

What has Herman Cain done to deserve this much respect?

I can not believe ATS lets such sick racist comments
on a site that is for denying ignorance!!

I must have missed the racial component here...I've never heard of a salamander reference to other races.

Could you please clarify so I don't misstep on this in the future myself somehow? And PLEASE don't tell me this is just one of those general "He's in a 'minority', so it's obviously got to be racist" things...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The barbs are thrown at Cain, Alan West and Michael Steele all the time for the only reason of their political stance as Black Men.

So, here you are claiming the charges are only being brought out because Cain is a black man - followed up with a post be Beezer that the accusers must be racist.

Classic case of hypocrisy then, as you both immediately latched onto the "race card".

If you believe this is only coming out because Cain is a black man then why do you think Obama should be any different? - yet every time some "liberal" claims he's being attacked unfairly over his being black, you accuse them of playing the race card.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

what's a gyno?

There are no perfect candidates.

Now if
If I ruled the world, every day would be the first day of spring
Every heart would have a new song to sing
And we'd sing of the joy every morning would bring

If I ruled the world, every man would be as free as a bird,
Every voice would be a voice to be heard
Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred

My world would be a beautiful place

edit on 023131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
that isn't a sex life, it's a crime. but asking a girl for a phone number could be viewed as sexual harassment in america.

that's how messed up and riled up whoppi goldberg, rosie o'donnel and the rest the cast of the view have gotten women in america.

edit on 31-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that isn't a sex life, it's a crime. but asking a girl for a phone number could be viewed as sexual harassment in america.

that's how messed up and riled up whoppi goldberg, rosie o'donnel and the rest the cast of the view have gotten women in america.

edit on 31-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I agree, this chef in our area had an amicable affair with a fellow employee, she got mad at him for what ever reason, told the boss, the chef loses job on grounds of sexual harassment,, she keeps hers,

go figure.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

*yawn*
I also put in the caveat that progs used it to illustrate the use of it.

You can cut and paste my words all you want, just use the round-tipped sissors.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
NBC news cash settlement was paid by National Restaurant Assoc. to at least one of the accusers.

NBC News Confirms One Herman Cain Harassment Accuser Received Cash Settlement
NBC confirms one Cain accuser received cash settlement

NBC News has confirmed that one woman received a settlement from the National Restaurant Association after complaining about inappropriate sexual conduct by Herman Cain. NBC News is not disclosing the name of the woman nor characterizing who she is. Cain denied the allegations, saying on FOX this morning he was "falsely accused." "I have never sexually harassed anyone, anyone," he said, "and absolutely, these are false accusations."

Despite being the chief executive officer of the National Restaurant Association, he said he was unaware of any settlement with the accusers, though he didn't deny it.

"If the restaurant association did a settlement, I wasn't even aware of it," he claimed, "and I hope it wasn't for much. If there was a settlement, it was handled by some of the other officers at the restaurant association."

Of course, Cain was the CEO and Chairman of the National Restaurant Association. When he said he was "unaware of any settlement with the accusers", he's saying that he, as CEO, was unaware of any cash settlements, over an allegation targeting him.

Welcome to Planet Denial.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I really don't care, they all have skeletons, at least he has a record.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah, it's hard to believe that he wouldn't be aware of a settlement paid in his defense, especially since he admitted the incident happened. He remembered that, why didn't he remember the settlement? Sounds suspicious to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You know something is fishy if they decided to settle and only guilty people settle for fear of ruining reputations, like the one we're seeing now.

This guy is the same old story, former federal reserve chairman and pro-wall st gentile sexually harasses women. What is new!?
edit on 31-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by eLPresidente
You know something is fishy if they decided to settle and only guilty people settle for fear of ruining reputations, like the one we're seeing now.

Oh, I completely disagree with that assessment. People settle when it makes more sense from a time/energy/money/publicity standpoint to settle. It's a dirty little secret among the rich and powerful, and consists of "legal" extortion. You either take the time and energy to fight it, and go through the resultant bad publicity, or you pay the people off and let it die a quiet (you hope) death. The corporate legal team almost always handles it and advises it be handled that way. It's corporate cost of doing business money.

Now we're seeing the typical political smear job. Political hacks like nothing more than steering the conversation away from the substantive issues, because they're boring to the majority of people and no one is paying attention (present company excluded). Come out with a good tax revision plan and you get the big collective yawn. A sex scandal though, there's your front page.

It would be almost laughable, if it wasn't so transparent and pathetic.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All this tells me is obamas worried, obama wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think Mr. Cain had a chance in the election. Remember the hell they put Sarah Palin through? No, it's gonna get worse now.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Chance321

I have no reason to believe anyone involved with Obama had anything to do with this. If I had to bet, I'd bet this is intra-party stuff. Obama doesn't have a thing to worry about until the Republicans finish their blood bath and we see who emerges. He may not even worry then.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

All this tells me is obamas worried, obama wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think Mr. Cain had a chance in the election.

I love how you make an offhand accusation that somehow Obama is behind this. LOL this is more like a Karl Rove classic destruction of a rival candidate to his parties anointed crown. McCain went through this back in 2000 when he wouldn't get out of W's way and Rove destroyed McCain then. Obviously the party schemer has christened Romney as his nominee and is now removing Cain and Bachmann in his own backstabbing way. (You'll notice that the Fox version of the TP is now coming out against Bachmann).

If the DNC had anything to do with this they would have held it for the general election. The ONLY ones who gain from this are Romney and Perry, and to a lesser degree Paul.

This is dirty politics straight from the GOP mastermind Rove.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

reply to post by Chance321

I have no reason to believe anyone involved with Obama had anything to do with this. If I had to bet, I'd bet this is intra-party stuff. Obama doesn't have a thing to worry about until the Republicans finish their blood bath and we see who emerges. He may not even worry then.

No offence, but obamas numbers are in the basement and if he wants a shot at re-election then he has to start throwing mud now and keep throwing from here on out. obama has to discredit who he deems the front runner and get someone on the Republican side he can beat.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I love how you make an offhand accusation that somehow Obama is behind this.

And I love how you over looked my remark about what Sarah Palin went through running against obama even though she was just going for Vice-President. And you don't think obama or any of his staff would be behind this?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It depends on what the definition of "is" is. Ah the good ole days.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Accusations are a dime a dozen overall. I am not worried about that.
Chances are, if he did become potus, he wouldn't try to make advances on me...but I don't like his political stances, so he gets no vote from me (like he had a chance).

But anyhow, unless he was found guilty of something, then really its he said, she said, and distracts from the topic at hand.
Incidently, what makes anyone think this is the dems smearing? its currently the repub primarys...they are smearing each other as much as possible to gain a foothold.

Of course it will be planted as some crazy liberals spouting off some confusion...but frankly, you lot are duking it out in your own arena...look for below the belt punches from your own party at the moment and not to the left whom is just sitting back amused.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join