It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I've read alot about the Maya over the years , their creation story the Popul Vuh and many other books
and none of them even mention anything about the world ending on at the end of the cycle.
They say it is a period of change or the end of an era , but no where does it mention anything about the end of the world.
As you know the mayans were quite fond of the death and the afterlife , so for all the stories flying around about the world being destroyed , im pretty sure they would have mentioned it if it was going to happen .
Nope not one single line ive read about the calander end date or any prophecy mentioning death or destruction

Just misinterpretation by people desperately trying to cash in on peoples fear !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Sounds like I might as well cash in the retirement fund, blow the kids college money, cancel all the insurance policies, and take up a lifestyle like the bad alien in The Hidden. I wonder...If I ask the Mayan council for a guarentee that the world is truly going to end in 2012, do you think they are going to say that in life there are never any guarentees, or are they going to rub a skull in my direction and say "Get the hint?"?

the mayans have been saying for quite awhile now that this is the end of a cycle, not the world. it's been completely misinterpreted. the world is not ending next year.

Correct..... a further expanation here.... It is merely a re-set of the long count mechanism....

www.mayan-calendar.com...

PA

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sounds like someone must be busy working on the 2013 Mayan Illustrated with a bonus center-foldout of the new calander.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wanting to book mark to complete reading before I officially post. I didnt know all skulls were found..I thought some were concluded fake...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Dalke07, I enjoyed your informative presentation. Thanks for sharing...
In time* the accuracy of these data shares will shine thru. Until then, patience with the activities is a must and there is still time for many to get their Spirits and soul energies in the right vibrating frequency.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 10/31/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I tend to agree with you but I find these threads very interesting just the same. It's a good way to see how the other side think and feel about things.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I like the fact they waited till Calleman's end date of 28th Oct, to announce all this. So, I did not get the zombie apocalypse on the 28th.( was quite dissapointed) So now I/we can expect it in 2012? Glad to know i did not waste my money on this new machete. Gives me time to practice the taking off of zombie heads. LEVITY.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When someone says that they think this is bull# because they do not see the world ending, I immediately stop them and inform them that the Mayans have never said such a thing. The whole idea of the world ending is programmed into society by The Christians. Another criticism is that its all made up and a stunt to make money. Well if you don't believe in any of this spiritual stuff then at least relies that the world it self is in a very hectic point. We as a society are experiencing massive amount of change that I think is fair to say that it can be a shift from the modern eras globalization mentality. To something else,

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
I like the fact they waited till Calleman's end date of 28th Oct, to announce all this. So, I did not get the zombie apocalypse on the 28th.( was quite dissapointed) So now I/we can expect it in 2012? Glad to know i did not waste my money on this new machete. Gives me time to practice the taking off of zombie heads. LEVITY.
The whole Zombie apocalypse comes from the Bible. The only zombie we see today are the ones tonight in Halloween and the consumerist.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
The whole Zombie apocalypse comes from the Bible. The only zombie we see today are the ones tonight in Halloween and the consumerist.

And I thought they had an app./lab for that
The zombies are related to HADES, but there has been studies in reanimating human / other matter.
(I would keep those bugs in BS-L6000 smh out in no mans land for real) Just hope for the slow benin fluid carriers and not the fast with infection fluids. CING in the finish line either way.. The humble should not even be here during these periods.. So its cool

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Crystal skulls have no more power than a rock I can pull from the ground. Unless, of course, that rock happens to contain uranium!

Someone just happened to discover these? Hmmmm, quite timely don't you think.

Why threads like this garner 100+ flags is beyond me.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by alldaylong

Reincarnation my friend! Of course I have!

lol

That would be the biblicle one.... all 4 of them. wrapped up into one nice neat lil package.

Do you mean "The Flood" that was caused by climate change? The polar ice caps melting and see levals rising.

Nah. Not that one. That's just a misconception. It was actually divine in nature. Really!

Wait... So you're saying that the caps melting and climate change flooded the earth? Why then are we not under water now? Just a thought....

oh yeah... I almost forgot. Surely you cant mean the imaginary melting of the caps cause such a thing! Id need proof. Green card handy? Placenta wallet? Surely, what's good for the goose...

I mean... Since we're demanding proof. There goes all but the last 100 years of history!

Have you heard of "The Ice Age"? There have been several throughout the history of Planet Earth:-

en.wikipedia.org...

Once that lot melts you will get a rather large "Flood"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
When someone says that they think this is bull# because they do not see the world ending, I immediately stop them and inform them that the Mayans have never said such a thing. The whole idea of the world ending is programmed into society by The Christians.

Ignorant christans and ignorant others. The bible books speak of a new age and the end of the old world order as the big event in the history of man. After this new era has its time there is a total reconstruction era where all negative influence is totaly removed. There never is an "end of the world" like a lights out, thats it, its over sort of thing in the bible. The final end is the end of the world system and those that run the dang thing....the reconstructed earth and new system moves on.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Thats not true , some of the reall crystal skulls which have been hand crafted from quartz contain many physical properties which make them much more useful than a normal rock !

I suggest you read up on the physical properties of quartz crystals , they have alot of cool scientific properties which make them act in weird and wonderful ways !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

what odds ?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Thats not true , some of the reall crystal skulls which have been hand crafted from quartz contain many physical properties which make them much more useful than a normal rock !

I suggest you read up on the physical properties of quartz crystals , they have alot of cool scientific properties which make them act in weird and wonderful ways !

Sure, I know about quartz. And it does have many scientific uses, but I fail to see how a hunk of this shaped like a human skull can somehow transform it into some magic metaphysical talisman.

Your mind allows you to believe what you want, see what you want, experience what you want.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Originally posted by binkbonk
I'll bet everyone a thousand dollars that 1-1-2013 will come and go with no hitch.

I'm willing to bet a thousand dollars that dollars and money in general will be worthless by 2013.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

I bet against you!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Originally posted by miniatus
So the story of the codices appears to be a hoax, the existence of 13 skulls appears to be a hoax if one was truly destroyed.. and those that do exist appear to have been made long after the Mayan civilization ended which would make their history a hoax.. the paranormal claims about the skulls ( their ability to maintain a constant temperature regardless of surroundings ) were proven to be a hoax.... there doesn't appear to be any verifiable information about these upcoming events ....

Gee lets see here, who still believes this stuff? .. and if you do .. for heaven's sake, why?
The lost book of Nostradamus was never lost nor was it created by Michel de Nostredame (aka Nostradamus), it wasn't written in his 'quatrain' style but rather water color images, and finally it does not relate in any way to 2012 so we can also say that this is a HOAX.

My only question is why hasn't this thread been moved to the HOAX forum?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Hello Dalke07,
I posted a thread over a year ago that DEBUNKED the Mayan calendar!

The Mayan Calendar Debunked (Again)

It didn't mention the FAKE crystal skulls, because they have nothing to do with the Mayan calendar.
Others have already posted enough information on how they were proven fake, so I will not bother.

What I had posted was Archeological evidence of what the calendar really is all about.

This 2012 crap is just another scare tactic to take money from foolish people just as the Y2K scare was.

I did give you a star, though, just because of all the work you put in to the OP.

Good luck with New Years Eve, 2011
(P.S.: My birthday is 12/25)

73's,
Tom
edit on 31-10-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My intuition tells me this is part of a hoax...created by Hunbatz Men and Drunvalo Melchizedek....in order to sell their books...and whatever else they have going on...to amass more money.

I believe a lot of their (so-called) truth is fake and has been made fairly recently. I believe these men are charlatans.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join