It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I still don't know why people give the Mayan people and their beliefs so much credence. They were very advanced... for 250 AD. Their science and religion were one and the same. They were obsessed with time, and tracking it.

However, they thought at the suns and planets and our moon represented gods. They sacrificed humans by cutting out their hearts and burning them to appease their gods. They practiced self-mutilation for the same reason - the higher your station, the more intense this mutilation had to be. They literally pierced their penises with sharp sticks, and burned the blood in rituals to give their gods nourishment.

And you think they could for some reason, accurately deduce events in the far future.. why? A keen understanding of time based on planetary movement doesn't magically grant your civilization precognition. Considering all their beliefs centered around religion, and their religion was based on fiction, not fact, I'm surprised so many actually just take at face value anything found of Mayan origin. They had no magical knowledge of the future. Finding a large set of works created by the Mayan people, is just another compilation of works of fiction based on warped beliefs. While important perhaps to archaeology and linguistics, I don't see how it's honestly relevant in any other way. People put far too much stock into ancient civilizations.
edit on 31-10-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Things are getting really exciting

Such a great time to be alive...well, anytime is a good time to be alive but especially NOW.

Yes your spot on. In other news Merlin The Magician along with the 13 Knights Of The Round Table will be touring England, giving lectures at various locations across the country.It will culminate with a grand meeting in Camelot.

Thats sounds just as feasible as the 2012 event.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This might be the worst post on the thread... nay, on the subject...

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by Dalke07

I posted a thread over a year ago that DEBUNKED the Mayan calendar!

The Mayan Calendar Debunked (Again)

It didn't mention the FAKE crystal skulls, because they have nothing to do with the Mayan calendar.
Others have already posted enough information on how they were proven fake, so I will not bother.

First off, you can't 'debunk' the Mayan calendar. It is what it is, and it definitely IS.

Maybe there is no correlation to 'end of days', per se, but they certainly DO discuss (not in the long count calendar, another one) the speeding up of consciousness - and, as far as I can tell that is apparent, and who knows what the ultimate consequences may be.

And, "Fake Skulls"? I assure you they are very REAL, very old, and very mis-understood (rather, not understood completely) crytalline skulls that exist.

Not too many are drawing parallels (besides you) between the skulls and the calendar, other than the fact that both have been mentioned in the timing of a possible apocalypse, and the defending of one, possibly. That's where the correlation ends. Unrelated.

Where do you get this crap? (oh, and 2 stars on your fantastic thread of yours, you linked - kudos)
edit on 10/31/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't care what kind of proof you have, because this is bull#.
This is merely nothing more than some conspiracy to cause an increase in negative thoughts, which inturn causes more death and more people to worry about absolutely nothing. It's all just a way to control the population.
Bunch of liars.
Never believe anything.
edit on 31-10-2011 by saneasylum because: zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by binkbonk
I'll bet everyone a thousand dollars that 1-1-2013 will come and go with no hitch.

You got a crapload of stars for stating the obvious and acting as if the world will end on December 21st 2012? Cause that's pretty much what your post revealed, that you stupidly believe this thread is about the world ending with a sarcastic rebuttal to that "jumping the gun and not fully understanding the thread" mentality proving that you'd rather garner stars from other stupid members who didn't read or understand than read and know that the thread is talking about the coincidence of this alignment which is rare apparently.

Nor did you grasp that we could possibly finally understand what these crystal skulls are for and how Mayan Elders perform their rituals by performing them publicly and then talking for 30 minutes, possibly about the meaning of such rituals and the skulls in their culture.

It's a shame the OP didn't get more stars and flags for an interesting thread informing us of things that a lot of people have wondered involving the skulls and Mayan rituals. Also a shame that there are so many idiots willing to give stars out like candy to the first clearly brainless post that attempts to refute the thread without realising it isn't about the world ending.

You moron.

Well, stated. And, nevermind the fact that this blowhard has failed to realize I accepted his bet, a few pages ago!

[crickets chirping]

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

How can you possibly know if they had or hadn't any powers resembling what you call 'magic'?
Maybe they did but it is lost or something we don't understand?

Who knows they had extra terrestrial help and they translated it in primitive ways they understood (gods, drawings of magical things, rituals etc)

Believing in these stories is as weird as saying they couldn't know future things.
edit on 31/10/11 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Ahhh...Boo!

I was hoping for a legitimate thread on the finding of Codices. Of which 99.9999...% had nothing to do with the "Prophecy" but a real history of a fascinating ancient people.

Yep fake

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
This might be the worst post on the thread... nay, on the subject...

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by Dalke07

I posted a thread over a year ago that DEBUNKED the Mayan calendar!

The Mayan Calendar Debunked (Again)

It didn't mention the FAKE crystal skulls, because they have nothing to do with the Mayan calendar.
Others have already posted enough information on how they were proven fake, so I will not bother.

First off, you can't 'debunk' the Mayan calendar. It is what it is, and it definitely IS.

Maybe there is no correlation to 'end of days', per se, but they certainly DO discuss (not in the long count calendar, another one) the speeding up of consciousness - and, as far as I can tell that is apparent, and who knows what the ultimate consequences may be.

And, "Fake Skulls"? I assure you they are very REAL, very old, and very mis-understood (rather, not understood completely) crytalline skulls that exist.

Not too many are drawing parallels (besides you) between the skulls and the calendar, other than the fact that both have been mentioned in the timing of a possible apocalypse, and the defending of one, possibly. That's where the correlation ends. Unrelated.

Where do you get this crap? (oh, and 2 stars on your fantastic thread of yours, you linked - kudos)
edit on 10/31/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)
Whats it like for guys like you to live in fear over a bull# prophecy? and im really intrested in knowing what you guys do when the day passes by like it has every time there has been some dumbass saying the world will end on bla bla date? Please do tell im curious howmuch of a tit you feel when every year there is something new. Infact lately its something every month that will kill us all or something to be scared of, and now its THIS bull# again the myan calendar IS JUST A CALENDAR! i wish someone could youtube all of the people who belive in # like this when the day passes bye and they realise just how dumb they really are

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
I'm stunned and amazed that they have passed down ceremonial rites for 26,000 years without performing the ceremony.

...particularly since the continent wasn't inhabited until around 20,000 years ago and the Mayan culture only arose around 2500 years ago.

Yes, I find that stunning, too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Another challenge for you - I've been on this site over 3 years - find one, just ONE more post of mine - in my almost 1,500 total, where I have EVER predicted an end of the world.

And, it's not like I WANT things to go bad, or I'm wishing ill-will on anyone, or even trying to fear monger. I pay attention, read a lot, research all sides of an argument, and draw my own conclusions, mathematically, logically, and reasonably.

Just because the outcome is 'not a happy one' doesn't mean I'm fear mongering, or wasting my life 'waiting for an end' - hell, as soon as I press enter here, I'm heading to the golf course with 4 buddies, having a late lunch with an old gf, and have 2 parties to attend, tonight to celebrate the festivities.

I love how you guys (eternal debunkers, just for the sake of debunking) make generalization about those of us who recognize supporting evidence in some fringe theories. This just in: we're not all homeless, unemployed, vagrants who are praying for this god-for-saken world to end, and trying to believe any BS theory that will get us there. Some of us use our well-educated and open-minded thought processes to engage in interesting, debatable topics.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

The Mayans, much like the ancient Hebrews, never spoke of an "end of the world." Despite what bible thumpers will claim, both the Mayans and Hebrews spoke of an "end of the age," not world. There is a significant difference.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
For those who are not particularly well-versed in the 2012 mythology, could you give a terse synopsis of what the Mayans ARE saying then? Thank you in advance.

The "keepers of the days" aren't saying anything about the end of the world, and those who live in areas less influenced by New Age travelers are not saying anything about the world ending.

There are a group of self-appointed "Mayan Elders" (who aren't recognized by most of the other Mayans as leaders/elders/people of wisdom) who have made a lot of money catering to the New Age (some have come here to America) and teaching "Mayan Wisdom." I think after the non-event of 2012 they're going to slip back to their original homes and live a life of luxury.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Threadfall
For those who are not particularly well-versed in the 2012 mythology, could you give a terse synopsis of what the Mayans ARE saying then? Thank you in advance.

The "keepers of the days" aren't saying anything about the end of the world, and those who live in areas less influenced by New Age travelers are not saying anything about the world ending.

There are a group of self-appointed "Mayan Elders" (who aren't recognized by most of the other Mayans as leaders/elders/people of wisdom) who have made a lot of money catering to the New Age (some have come here to America) and teaching "Mayan Wisdom." I think after the non-event of 2012 they're going to slip back to their original homes and live a life of luxury.

Howdy Byrd

Well Thompson would be turning in his grave.....

Its just easier to say 'fake', lol...... 14 months to go of the nonsense

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Another challenge for you - I've been on this site over 3 years - find one, just ONE more post of mine - in my almost 1,500 total, where I have EVER predicted an end of the world.

And, it's not like I WANT things to go bad, or I'm wishing ill-will on anyone, or even trying to fear monger. I pay attention, read a lot, research all sides of an argument, and draw my own conclusions, mathematically, logically, and reasonably.

Just because the outcome is 'not a happy one' doesn't mean I'm fear mongering, or wasting my life 'waiting for an end' - hell, as soon as I press enter here, I'm heading to the golf course with 4 buddies, having a late lunch with an old gf, and have 2 parties to attend, tonight to celebrate the festivities.

I love how you guys (eternal debunkers, just for the sake of debunking) make generalization about those of us who recognize supporting evidence in some fringe theories. This just in: we're not all homeless, unemployed, vagrants who are praying for this god-for-saken world to end, and trying to believe any BS theory that will get us there. Some of us use our well-educated and open-minded thought processes to engage in interesting, debatable topics.

Good day.
Supporting evidence and you do alot of research and draw your own conclusions by logically and reasonably looking at things???? HAHA yeah ok if you say so there is no logic in predicting the end of the world that is exactly like me saying i can predict who will win the lottery tommorrow or me randomly saying the world will end a week on tuesday becouse it just wont, the world will end when the world ends nobody knows how it will happen and they can research all they like or do what most bible nuts do and say it will end on a date they magicaly pulled out of there asses, there are literaly trillions of things that could destroy us and 99.9% of them we dont even know about yet so how in the hell can you research into things like this without knowing EVERY outcome and EVERY detail of everything that will happen between now and the date the world is supposed to end wich could be in a million years for all we know? The myans might of been intelligent but theres no chance in a trillion that they could of worked out in any way shape or form that the world will end when there calendar runs out. There are way too many variables and mathmatics involved that even today people couldnt work out nomater how smart they think they are.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Actually, most New Agers do not view it as the "end" but a time of spiritual ascension. Christian writers are the ones who brought all of the doom and gloom into the 2012 thing, not New Agers.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Actually, most New Agers do not view it as the "end" but a time of spiritual ascension. Christian writers are the ones who brought all of the doom and gloom into the 2012 thing, not New Agers.

There is a thick stew of unevidenced speculation and fantasy about that date, of all kinds and types......unless we are particularly unlucky that date too will pass and be added to the long long list of failed 'end of the world' /'change in mankind' claims'
edit on 31/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok stop the bus!

I have been watching Drunvalo's discussion about the Mayan codices and it has been very interesting. But, at the 4:00 mark of the second video he talks about the reptilians. 9/10ths of their fleet was destroyed because they tried to kill him unsuccessfully? Suddenly I feel like I just wasted 28 minutes of my life. Would someone like to tell me about who this guy is?

BTW, this huge corporation UnifyWorld, doesn't even have a working website. Also, I would like to ask, who was the archaeologist who originally discovered these 1000 codices? How did they get to the museum?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

How so, such a great civilization to be made into a silly new age modern myth. I worked with Maya years ago. Their thirty or so tribes are interesting little worlds within themselves.

To get a better idea of how the Maya view the outside world

Look into such events as:

Yucatan caste war

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Ok stop the bus!

I have been watching Drunvalo's discussion about the Mayan codices and it has been very interesting. But, at the 4:00 mark of the second video he talks about the reptilians. 9/10ths of their fleet was destroyed because they tried to kill him unsuccessfully? Suddenly I feel like I just wasted 28 minutes of my life. Would someone like to tell me about who this guy is?

BTW, this huge corporation UnifyWorld, doesn't even have a working website. Also, I would like to ask, who was the archaeologist who originally discovered these 1000 codices? How did they get to the museum?

You've been fringed, no such codices, it's all made up nonsense. Or from the true fringe view point, pious fraud
edit on 31/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join