It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Oh My Goodness! How many times do you guys need to be told that the Mayans are NOT SAYING it is the "end of the world" before it finally gets through your heads????

Thank you for all the info, OP. I saw this article, thought it was very interesting, and I was going to make a thread on it. But I am glad you did it instead of me because you did a much better job than I probably would have - as it would have been my very first thread ever. Thanks!

For those who are not particularly well-versed in the 2012 mythology, could you give a terse synopsis of what the Mayans ARE saying then? Thank you in advance.

Sure thing! The Mayans are simply foreseeing the evolution of human-kind. We are evolving, like was always have. But now we are evolving faster than before. That is because as you "E"volve, your energy is vibrating at a faster rate. As the energy vibrates faster, time speeds up. As time speeds up, you evolve even faster. We are at a time now, in the circle or spiral of time, where we are evolving extremely fast. Once we break the threshold into the next cycle, we will again be at the bottom of that cycle of evolution. Therefore, time will seem to go very slowly. Hard for me to explain and easier for me to feel.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There is no Mayan Prophecy. Burried under all this 2012 rubbish is the simple yet boring reality that the only thing that ends is the long count calender. The scientist who worked on the long count calender and the world leading expert on the myan calender have all said that THERE IS NO PROPHECY. Yet so called "experts" who in reality have had nothing to do with the calender itself have made millions of dollars out of fools.

Desperate people.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"This event is expected to be televised to 2.5 billion people. After the ceremony, the Mayan elders will speak to the world for about 30 minutes."

they will be luck to have 15mins on youtube, not sure about a world wide broadcast.
also they figure out what time to hold this? as most of the world will be in bed ;/

I think maybe they watched the last Indianan Jones movie and had a idea on how to make money of a old story and some skulls.

World Population: 6,971,858,475 & Counting.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Sounds like someones reading too much into this....besides I thought the world ended a few days ago?

Uhm..i am an ATS user for not THAT long but i learned already the world ends approx. each week!
Go..get your facts right

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is all very interesting and entertaining, I try to remain open minded because none of us really knows what the future holds. You can learn a lot about people by their posts, I read one comment on this thread about rainbows and butterflies that appeared when he/she attended one of these ceremonies. Such a nice image, it made me wish I could have been there. It makes me sad to read how the majority of people see war, death, and destruction when they think of the future. I have a ten year old son and our world is in pretty bad shape right now, I like to think things are going to be better for him not worse.

IMO this is okay for entertainment, but I don’t see anything extraordinary happening. Of course I can’t predict the future either so you never know.

This post is not intended to offend, just an opinion. Peace Out.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Carbon dating is far from accurate....and we will all still be here on 22/12/2012 and beyond.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Carbon dating is far from accurate....and we will all still be here on 22/12/2012 and beyond.

Carbon dating was a lot more accurate until the present, when the amount of carbon we pump into the environment makes dating of anything from the Industrial Revolution onwards very difficult (true).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headeraser
How can Mayans 2012 prophecy line up with our calender? Isn't it proven that year 0 is wrong and i may be many years off? Did the mayans use the same calender based on Jesus, like we do? Maybe 2012 for them may be 2100 for us?

The Gregorian calendar wasn't in general use until the eighteen century.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In December 21st, 2012, the earth will change forever. Just like it will change on December 21 2011, and November 1st, 2011.

Our Earth changes in amazing ways everyday, make sure that everyday you move in the right direction with your thoughts, words and actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Wouldn't the Olympic Games 2012 be a perfect place to televise a ceremony to 2.5 billion people?

Sorry if anyone has already said that, i'm at work so I haven't got time to read every post.

S+F OP

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why would these high level mayan dudes trek across the U.S.? Why wouldn't these ceremonies take place in, gee I dunno, somewhere in Mexico/the Yucatan where Mayans are from?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wait...aren't these the same Mayan's who performed human and even child sacrifices to the gods?

Don't be surprised if I don't take their take on 'envoking the light' seriously then. What nonsense. Everyone knows this stuff was invented recently and they're just following in on the whole thing to get attention and MONEY.

Also, you shouldn't let people who are known for live sacrifices to come and tell you when your world is going to end...if they knew so much they would have been able to save their now crumbling civilization.
edit on 31-10-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpalderson
I was at the 13 Crystal Skull Ceremony yesterday at Serpent Mound, Ohio. As Hentz Men and the 13 guardians were rounding the head of the serpent with the skulls a huge rainbow appeared out of nowhere over the mound. It was really awesome to see. Also as we were chanting there were butterflies flying around and landing on people. You usually don't see butterflies late October in Ohio. So glad I went!
Must be tough addicted to '___'

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
There is no Mayan Prophecy. Burried under all this 2012 rubbish is the simple yet boring reality that the only thing that ends is the long count calender. The scientist who worked on the long count calender and the world leading expert on the myan calender have all said that THERE IS NO PROPHECY. Yet so called "experts" who in reality have had nothing to do with the calender itself have made millions of dollars out of fools.

Desperate people.

Actually, it's not just the caladar, the Mayans also had text(codices), most of which were destroyed by the Spanish because they thought it was pegan.

AND, if you read the mayan codices, it talks about the evolution of man, but in that specific codice it does not have predictions. Unfortunately most of the codices were destroyed.

The one I'm talking about is the "Popol Vuh" but unfortunately the oldest copy is from the 18th century so it can not be confirmed if the translation is genuine.

It said the first humans were made of "wood", then they were destroyed in a flood and turned into monkeys, and eventually "true humans" were made from "corn". Another evolution in the next cycle of the calendar is not too much of a logical leap.

So there actually is more too it than just the calendar.

Also according to the OP, thousands more "codices" have been carbon dated and confirm to be real. I have yet to find a good source for that. If this is true, than the maya prophecy may actually really exist depending what these "codices" say.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Must be tough addicted to '___'

Actually '___' is totally non-addictive, there is too much of a tolerance to do it regularly because it just stops working.

If your going to insult someone, at least sound intelligent doing so.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Can someone post pictures of those elders?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Two new codices are found, from a civilization whose history was violently destroyed by invaders five hundred years ago. This could add quite a bit to our knowledge of how these people lived hteir lives, what hteir culture was...

wait, what's that you sy? Maya?

Pfffft, screw all that boring "history" and "preserving hte remains of a lost civilization" thing... let's just make up # about 2012 and wing it!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
]Must be tough addicted to '___'

Uncle Remus seems to have enjoyed it.

Zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom!
edit on 31/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

It's easy for prophecies to be real if you're the only person that knows about it. The Mayans are saying we were right with our predictions about the future. We say can we see? They say no it's too sacred.

When someone brings forth a prediction or a scientific claim I want proof. You can't just say you can take my word for it, this isn't how it works.

You present the predictions before they happen so you don't change them to suit a certain piece of news article. Frankly I think this type of prediction is worse then the Bible. You can try to analyze the Bible and fit pieces here and there. With the Mayans, I don't know if they are right or wrong because they keep it a secret until it is fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

They probably understand that the modern world works like that now and that's probably why they want to play an open card and broadcast it worldwide.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join