It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
new age made up stuff!

"New Age" made up stuff, eh?
OOOOOOK..... What eva floats your boat. Rock on.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I find it awesome that the skulls will be brought together. 13 crystal skulls together will be sure as fun to watch. Let the new begin!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the 13 crystal skulls of doom - they will kill us all jump out the windows NAOW!!!!!! - don't you guys ever research happy stuff instead of rehashing the same doom and doom prophecies.

btw sarcastic guy the Mayans are exactly "new age" prophesying if that's what your claiming. A new age where everyone is either happy or all die a horrible death depending on who you ask.
edit on 31-10-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well you got twelve pages of interest. People will seek to tell the future with cards, bones, entrails, tea leaves, palm reading, and a host of voodoos, yet will do about anything to not have to believe in God. Astonishing, I guess God's not as fashionable lately, or maybe too old fashioned? These predictions of doom and gloom become tiring after a few dozen, yet people fall for them. Lets see, last Friday the world was supposed to end, the 28th of October, Brother Campings third prediction. Seems there was one here a couple months ago where we only had 'Three days to live' and frankly, I don't really pay much attention to these predictions any more, nor do most people, they have become jaded, and who wouldn't. Seems absurd to give anything credence any more. and So what if it happens, everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die? It's been said as a cliche alot, but people really do need to get a life, you become demented setting indoors 24/7 and living life on your computer monitor.Your world becomes so small and convoluted, it rots your thinking ability or decision making skills. This has not been an interesting week really, and I'm sure that on December whatever, 2012, will also be uneventful. But maybe the news will have stories of loons doing strange things that day, maybe even ending their lives in fear??? don't know.. But for us unwashed masses, it will be another workday most likely. Peace...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
you talk about god as a certainty and yet fail to grasp the origins of your "true" stories which are not infact christian creations at all.

the first writings claimed we were created as slaves and when you have gold mines that are 100,000 years old thats called proof not faith

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

the first writings claimed we were created as slaves and when you have gold mines that are 100,000 years old thats called proof not faith

Actually the Sitchin claims are false and there are no known gold mines of that age.
edit on 31/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I am ON the golf course.

There you go again, making assumption and inferences without knowing what the hell you are talking about.

Ever heard of an iPhone? iPad? They are awesome. Fit nicely right inside the cubby hole of the golf cart.

*sigh* keep going off half-cocked - its served you so well, to this point.
You can talk some bollux kid ill give you that and dont worry i wont carry on proving my point making you look a complete tool ive had enough of your smugness and ignorance people like you are why the world stands in fear and watches it turn upside down...your on a golf course...and your not playing golf your on here??? wlf is wrong with you? you go out for a game of golf and you sit on a ipad looking on ATS jesus christ your boring

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
some more stuff on Bernard 'Drunvalo' Perona

He's close friends with Gregg Braden, another pseudoscience author who, like Bernard Perona, makes a living with - amongst other dubious things - false western interpretations of the Mayan calendar, related to 2012. Interpretations which Mayan priests and scholars themselves refute (Alejandro Cirilo Perez: jlnavarro.blogspot.com... - Apolinario Chile Pixtun: www.signonsandiego.com.../mexico&zIndex=180924 - Víctor Montejo: books.google.com... n&ei=xM69S6nRG4aBlAeG2IX5Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CA8Q6AEwAjgK#v=snippet&q=2012&f=false - Ask yourself, who has more credibility when talking about the Mayan calendar, than respected Mayans like these?). Here's an excellent video debunking Gregg Braden, by the way: www.youtube.com... Sadly i could find no such video about Bernard Perona right away, but haven't looked much. Read more: www.newagefraud.org...

whole page on him Here

1,000 fake codices.
no mayan prophecy
just fools being parted from their gold

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How can you possibly know if they had or hadn't any powers resembling what you call 'magic'?
Maybe they did but it is lost or something we don't understand?

Who knows they had extra terrestrial help and they translated it in primitive ways they understood (gods, drawings of magical things, rituals etc)

I don't know, any more than I know if there are special methane breathing cows wearing tutus living on the gaseous surface of Jupiter. But I am going to assume it's not the case until someone proves otherwise. Why would you jump to conclusions they had special magic?

Their magic like I said, consisted of stabbing their own penises and burning their blood to nourish their gods (i.e. sun, moon, stars). While I know some of you don't believe anything NASA says, I'm pretty sure that the planets and suns are just that, and not jaguar and fertility gods.. just saying.

No, no extra-terrestrial help aided or taught our ancient civilizations anything. If "gods" had descended, we'd see that reflected -extensively- in their art and stories left behind. Not a red smudge hidden in an unused tunnel in an ancient pyramid. "But that there is an ALIEN!" I don't think so...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Actually, most New Agers do not view it as the "end" but a time of spiritual ascension. Christian writers are the ones who brought all of the doom and gloom into the 2012 thing, not New Agers.

And I wonder what the suicide rate is going to be come December 22, 2012 when these same "New Agers" didn't ascend, spirit or not.

And how exactly did Christian writers bring all of the doom and gloom into 2012? Cite your source please.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dron020

Actually the book of fairey tales does not say anything about zombies. Zombie Apocalypse straight from the mind of man. The post was my attempt at LEVITY. Try it some time, it works.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Sure thing! The Mayans are simply foreseeing the evolution of human-kind. We are evolving, like was always have. But now we are evolving faster than before. That is because as you "E"volve, your energy is vibrating at a faster rate. As the energy vibrates faster, time speeds up. As time speeds up, you evolve even faster. We are at a time now, in the circle or spiral of time, where we are evolving extremely fast. Once we break the threshold into the next cycle, we will again be at the bottom of that cycle of evolution. Therefore, time will seem to go very slowly. Hard for me to explain and easier for me to feel.

You do realize that time feels like it's speeding up for everyone because your internal clock, and your perception of time, runs faster as you age right? To give an example, if you took a 25 year old and used that as a baseline, a five year old would perceive time as going about .5 the speed and a 75 year old would perceive time as going 1.5 the speed. It happens to everyone, that's why everyone always thinks time is going by faster, but it always starts off slow in young children, just like it always has. The curve is not getting steeper per-se, but it might seem like it because of new technology.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
the 13 crystal skulls of doom - they will kill us all jump out the windows NAOW!!!!!! - don't you guys ever research happy stuff instead of rehashing the same doom and doom prophecies.

btw sarcastic guy the Mayans are exactly "new age" prophesying if that's what your claiming. A new age where everyone is either happy or all die a horrible death depending on who you ask.
edit on 31-10-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

You've never actually researched any of the Mayan prophecies have you? Because if you had, you'd have know that they are not predicting the end of the world and are totally against all of the doom and doom prophecies (as you put it) that are being hatched in their name. What the Mayans are actually predicting is the end of an age and the beginning of a new one.

Seems research is in order if it means enough for you to post in order to disparage those who actually do know what they're talking about.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Actually, most New Agers do not view it as the "end" but a time of spiritual ascension. Christian writers are the ones who brought all of the doom and gloom into the 2012 thing, not New Agers.

And I wonder what the suicide rate is going to be come December 22, 2012 when these same "New Agers" didn't ascend, spirit or not.

And how exactly did Christian writers bring all of the doom and gloom into 2012? Cite your source please.

and the bills are due in a week, how depressing.

with most of the world facing dysfunctional governments, shaky financial systems, and highly insecure personal futures, to reach to the spiritual for hope, is perhaps normal.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There are two main sources for the "prophecies" associated with 2012. The first to gain widespread support comes from the Dresden Codex. The final page depicts a flood which certain researchers believe refers to mass destruction. Of course, there is no actual date associated with this page, so it's impossible to know if they were actually even attempting to portray a future event. The other source is the Popol Vuh which is where the claims of multiple ages or worlds stem from. However, this is the only source for such claims. If one looks at the rest of Mayan writing there is nothing mentioned in regards to different ages. In fact there are certain Long Counts that outright disprove the claim that multiple ages is a traditional Maya belief.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Amazing the faith that is placed in a race of primitives, who would sacrifice their sister at the first sign of crop failure. It would be more valid to interpret the "White Album", or diagnose the last episode of" Lost" and apply it to 2012. You guys represent the worse, bottom rung of closet dwelling, mom I can't find a job, Community College, haven’t held hands with a girl losers. Mayans stopped at 2012 because they did not feel it prudent to cycle beyond. Funny how they failed to predict their own demise.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
would it be ignorant to say that this whole "galactic rift", crystal skulls and what not is pure bull ? Back when the calender was created (apparently by Mayan culture which we know NOTHING truly about) we didnt have the gregorian calender we follow today... so between the creation of this "calender" (Mayan one) and the BEGINNING of the gregorian calender.. how did we synchorize the correct timezone of this "end date" with modern day/month/year timeline ? :S

This calender of the Mayans predates gregorian calender by THOUSANDS of years no ? so who are we to put a label, meaning and timeframe on this painted rock in the shape of a Sun and say it relates to the "end of the world" or some global (or galactic) shift ??

Ummmmm Mainstream media... go FOCK Yourself, I dont belive your #, you dont know jack about the mayans, these "elders" who are alive today and apparent "decendants" of the Mayans... i belive they are phonies too hahaha excuse my ignorance or whatever; but werent we told that the Mayans, Incas and Aztecs left without a sign ? and apparently we have "direct" decendants of the Mayan Culture ? hmmmm more puzzles and questions.

Better idea; # DATES, LIVE YOUR LIFE.

~ Love is an art

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

LMFAO !! Owned!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

The Long Count date was correlated to the Gregorian Calendars through historical, astronomical, and archaeological evidence. Also, the Long Count is not in the shape of the Sun. That is the Aztec Sun Calendar and is a good way to determine what "researchers" haven't actually done any kind of legitimate research.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Mayan prophecy is that the new year will come. fyi. Yes, this will be fulfilled. 2013 will come along.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join