It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 - November 8th, 9th, 10th, Big Red X & Tsunami Training

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand
reply to post by jeichelberg

ok, but when I do the math.

1AU = 150million km
so
0.0022AU = 330,000km.

Still not seeing where anyone is getting 200km-300km as a distance.
If my math is wrong someone please correct me.

No, your math is correct, his notation is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]Here is a side view of the trajectory of YU55.

YU55 will be 239,356 kilometers from the moon and 324,627 kilometers from the earth at it's closest approach. Those distances are close in cosmic terms, but it's certainly not 'coming right for us'.

The facts are there for anyone to see. The figures are there for anyone to calculate.

Source
edit on 29-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Your calculations are correct; however the "facts" they are based on, are the figures from NASA (which they may have obtained themselves or from another party). So you have made the assumption that the figures posted are correct--but they may be, or they may not be. If they are incorrect, in a worst-case scenario, well...
edit on 30-10-2011 by icanhaz because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That's ridiculous on a couple levels. First clarify, no just say what this Big Red is. If it is what I think you are referring to that is impossible for us not to have detected it. Second the earth's rotation cannot be stopped by another celestial object and more ridiculously if it could it could not be restarted (either way it can't happen in a relatively short period of time as you suggest). Now go read a real science book and get educated.

Really? I seem to recall a rather large object slamming into the sun at an incredible velocity and the only satellit ewe had that picked it up was a military satellite that just happened to be pointed in that direction. Despite what you might think we cannot see everything out there. I know you might think our technology is godly but nothing is that damned great and perfect. NASA has detected rather large planet sized bodies out passed pluto, its a fact.

I will also thank you to get rid of the condescending tone, you don't know everything son. Have you ever seen an object 4 times the size of the Earth come so close that it filled up the sky? The ancients did, in fact the sumerians recorded the event. Do you think that an object that large and that close would have no effect on a smaller body of smaller mass? You don't know alot about physics do you? Basic rule of physics: an object at rest, remains at rest, unless enacted upon by an outside force. An object in motion, remains in motion, unless enacted upon by an outside force. Do you think an object 4 times the size of the earth that is that close would have no effect on the earth? Well it disturbed the sumerians enough to write about it, and the babylonians. What else could have caused the earth to stop rotating for 3 days in order for Joshua to win the battle against the canaanites? Oh thats right i cited the bible that is a history book chronicaling the history of the jews. News flash, the ancients recorded events that they thought were of such a significant importance and passed them down thorough the generations so that we would know what happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is bs, mother earth is immortal.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is bs, mother earth is immortal.
sorry... didn't mean to post twice.
edit on 30-10-2011 by djDubZ because: ???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

I had enough with impact scenerio hoople comet Elenin .....Not ready to go thru this again..

Thnx fror posting
edit on 7-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I usually regard such things like this as bunk. But.. even if I didn't know there was an asteroid flinging by, I'd find it suspicious that a tsunami drill -and- a national emergency broadcast drill were happening on the same day. That would make me at least reach for the tinfoil. But the day following a flyby by a close-passing asteroid? Ok.. I'm.. a bit suspicious, yea. Maybe they planned it this way in a worst-case scenario.. just being safe. I am thinking these two planned events were not cooincidently set for the same day.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It will be interesting for the new few days to come.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join