It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 - November 8th, 9th, 10th, Big Red X & Tsunami Training

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have a question!

Does anyone know of any object as large as this passing this close to the earth and moon prior?

Just curious as that is one thing I have not seen anyone look at when it comes to evidence for a hit or miss.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Does anyone know of any object as large as this passing this close to the earth and moon prior?

I saw an article, may be posted in one of the other yu threads. I think one as large passed by in the late 70's.
I'd try and dig it up, time to go carve a pumpkin after I shovel the sidewalks.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Firstly s&f great thread, and then something I have been pondering.
We all know NASA struggled to tell us where the dead satellites would fall, and it was a bit of a coinsidence two falling in such a small space of time. So how about they didn't fall but where purposely sent crashing back to earth, so that NASA could get an idea of tracking incoming objects.
Like a practise run before the real thing arrives, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

They tracked the space shuttle coming back in for 30 years. If they can track something that small they can track YU55. No need to test. Junk is always falling out of orbit.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor
=As of yet, none have come to pass. There is no reason to assume YU55 will be any different.
What is known:

difference -

its the largest object known to be observed by our science to date and come this close?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As always let's just wait and see.

But interestingly enough, America 'sleeping prophet', Edger Cayce did however predict something of this nature.

"The Earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."

Let me hear you say X marks the spot???

But he also did mention a period of peace and Enlightenment soon to follow this events.

"A new order of conditions is to arise; there must be a purging in high places as well as low; and that there must be the greater consideration of the individual, so that each soul being his brother's keeper. Then certain circumstances will arise in the political, the economic, and whole relationships to which a leveling will occur or a greater comprehension of the need for it." "This America of ours, hardly a new Atlantis, will have another thousand years of peace, another Millennium. All this done in the same manner that the prayers of ten just men once saved a city. And then the deeds, the prayers of the faithful will glorify the Father as peace and love will reign for those who love the Lord."

Source

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.. so after a Tsunami wiped out part of Japan, and we have thousands of miles of coast that are highly tsunami prone, you are suspicious that tsunami tests are being run?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I went and found the answer for myself, at least as of 2009:

The closest asteroid to Earth is FU 162. The asteroid was discovered as it reached its closest approach to Earth on March 31, 2004. The asteroid reached to within 6,500 km of Earth’s atmosphere. The close approach of FU 162 was no reason for alarm among scientist given that it is estimated to be about 10 m across and would have burned up before plunge very deep into Earth’s atmosphere. It would take an asteroid in excess of 100 m in diameter to impact Earth’s surface. Prior to the approach by FU 162, the closest asteroid had been 2004 FH, which came within 50,000 km of our atmosphere.

What is that in LD and AU?
I'm to lazy to figure that out off the top of my head.

Link to source:UniverseToday: Closest asteroid.

The other asteroid was 100m I think the article said,
YU55 is 400m, 4 times larger than one of these other two. And 40x larger than the other.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: Date correction

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

No mass destruction has come to pass? You mean Katrina 911, Hurricane Andrew, and countless other hurricanes, a record tornado season, a record rain season for the northeast, who already had a record snow season 2 years earlier, are all just a figment of our imaginations?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And this also is something to consider when it comes to asteroids:

Gravitational keyhole From Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia
A gravitational keyhole, or resonance keyhole, is a small region of space that could alter the course of a passing asteroid due to a planet's gravity in a way that could cause such an asteroid to collide with that planet on its next orbital pass. The word "keyhole" contrasts the vastness of space with the relatively tiny region through which a body might pass, and is not a reference to its shape.

Explanation
When an asteroid passes by a planet, the gravitational attraction of the planet pulls on the asteroid and deflects it from its original trajectory, thus changing its orbit. The amount of change depends on the distance of closest approach of the asteroid to the planet: the closer the asteroid comes to the planet, the larger the deflection will be. If an asteroid were to pass a planet at a distance that changed its orbit just the right amount, the asteroid would collide with the planet on its next fly-by. The distance which causes this to happen is the location of the keyhole.

Link to:Gravitational keyhole

This asteroid ( YU55 ) swings past the earth, then the next day past the moon. In the article above it goes into asteroid Apophis which will skim past us and possibly hit us in 2036, however, the keyhole, I wonder if YU55 enters or past us already before and entered such a zone?
edit on 29-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
How close is this thing passing by the moon, couldn't the moons gravity grab it and shoot it around right towards us?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What worries me is that this thing is passing inside the Moon's orbit. Do you have any idea how close that is? Extremely close, which makes me uncomfortable. Even a slight error in their calculations, such as the velocity, mass, et cetera, could mean this thing might actually impact Earth.

I don't usually fall in to unlikely conspiracy theories, but this is actually plausible. If we are wrong, then no one should tell anyone "I told you so," because the coincidences seem to imply that we should at least entertain this idea.

Do you know what the odds are of just the 7/7 attacks happening during that drill? I do not know if this is correct, but I pulled it from a decent source: 1 in over 9 million. 9/11 was much greater than that. IF those numbers are accurate, that doesn't make me feel too good about this.

But like many have said, it will make no difference really. Even if it hits that exact spot in the Pacific, not many countries have much to worry about. Even the projected tsunami damage for California would be minimal comparatively speaking.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If its going to be closer to the moon than earth, shouldnt
we wonder what would happen if it hit the moon instead.
Actually what would happen if it hit the moon ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
YU55 is a spaceship.

'Something Wonderful' will happen on November 8th/9th.

Be ready to celebrate.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It was all foretold in the 80's cartoon - Thundarr the Barbarian!

Just off by a few years..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

LOL!!

I loved the old Thundar cartoons.

Wouldn't that be something!
I think all that would happen if it hit the moon would be another crater. However, if it left a big enough one to see from earth, now THAT would be awesome! Especially if it glows for a while from heat and molten rock. That could be a huge chance for some wild science.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Seventhdoor

No mass destruction has come to pass? You mean Katrina 911, Hurricane Andrew, and countless other hurricanes, a record tornado season, a record rain season for the northeast, who already had a record snow season 2 years earlier, are all just a figment of our imaginations?

I was referring to the fact that 99% of doomsday scenario conspiracy theories don't come to pass. 9/11 was a conspiracy after it happened. Katrina was "foretold" only in the sense that everyone who lived in New Orleans knew eventually the city would be destroyed by a hurricane. I lived there, and myself and many other people had dreams of flooded streets and devastation for years before the event because everyone there knew it would happen someday. They aren't figments, but doomsday scenario conspiracies are almost all figments.

Just since I joined ATS the end of the world has been immanent like 100 times. Nuclear weapons, earthquakes, aliens, comets, WW3, gamma ray bursts, rogue planets. So far, not a single one of them has come to pass as predicted. I imagine YU55 will be the same, but I find the string of coincidences very interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No.

Second line. HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAHHHAAHAHAAA.

It doesn't even have enough mass and speed to knock the moon out of orbit.

M.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Moshpet because: Life, the universe and everything. 42.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Are people going to freakout over every rock now?

Wow.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
geesh..another worry feather for the ATS hat! Going out on a limb here....but the photos of the maps shown(red x and FEMA scenario map) look like they may be where the tsunami begin durring the Japan quake. In my opinion I think thats all they are. Yu55 is pretty far out from earth...unless it changes its projectory its nothing more than a good show in the sky at this point.

Edit: Well maybe not the FEMA map. It looks like they just useing a familar area to give it realistic feel. Just makeing it an intresting scenario for the workers by giving them a familar situation/area to look at. I could be wrong.I just think this is another story people want to hype up and worry over. If it happens, it is a bad day. If not thank the Creator. Thanks for the read anyway.
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join