It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most OBVIOUS police brutality I have ever witnessed. This is shamefully MALICIOUS!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First of all, amateur cellphone footage and Youtube comments are not a reliable source.

Secondly, let us look at the facts.
According to police. protestors, and local news, the protestors had fire crackers and M80s going off. Those flashes are not flashbangs, rather, they are the effect of the firecrackers. That is why the blasts vary in size.

Third, look at what the protestors are wearing and doing. The protestors are wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night; and, if that wasn't enough, they are are chaotic and scrambled among heavy smoke. Now, look at the police. They are behind a fence, organized, and so far, have just been watching the scene unfold.

As soon as the man goes down, a whole group of protestors swarm him with cameras and cell phones. Is that smart? No. They should have let the trained policeman take care of him until help arrived.

Until we get a reliable source, the reasonable assumption is that the injured man just fell down amidst the chaos and hit his head, or that a blinded and confused (and probably intoxicated) protestor accidently hit him with an M80.

Not to mention, you can CLEARLY see a protestor set something down at :09- :10 in the EXACT same spot where the flash will be.

And if that wasn't enough, take your mislead eye off of the highlighted circle and look at the crowd. Notice anything unusual about the man with the backpack and light shirt? Rewind to :07 and you see on the left side that he is the same man that appears to be throwing things in the general direction of the initial blast and soon to be wounded man. Now go back to :35. He squats down, rolls something into the crowd, and then gets up before anyone else. Wonder whats in the backpack, huh?

edit on 27-10-2011 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's cali. What do you expect?

At least on the East coast it's never things that hurt long term. For now at least. Honor still exists in the hearts of men here. Cali? I've never witnessed it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas
First of all, amateur cellphone footage and Youtube comments are not a reliable source.

Secondly, let us look at the facts.
According to police. protestors, and local news, the protestors had fire crackers and M80s going off. Those flashes are not flashbangs, rather, they are the effect of the firecrackers. That is why the blasts vary in size.

Third, look at what the protestors are wearing and doing. The protestors are wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night; and, if that wasn't enough, they are are chaotic and scrambled among heavy smoke. Now, look at the police. They are behind a fence, organized, and so far, have just been watching the scene unfold.

As soon as the man goes down, a whole group of protestors swarm him with cameras and cell phones. Is that smart? No. They should have let the trained policeman take care of him until help arrived.

Until we get a reliable source, the reasonable assumption is that the injured man just fell down amidst the chaos and hit his head, or that a blinded and confused (and probably intoxicated) protestor accidently hit him with an M80.

Not to mention, you can CLEARLY see a protestor set something down at :09- :10 in the EXACT same spot where the flash will be.

And if that wasn't enough, take your mislead eye off of the highlighted circle and look at the crowd. Notice anything unusual about the man with the backpack and light shirt? Rewind to :07 and you see on the left side that he is the same man that appears to be throwing things in the general direction of the initial blast and soon to be wounded man. Now go back to :35. He squats down, rolls something into the crowd, and then gets up before anyone else. Wonder whats in the backpack, huh?

You a cop? Yeah because flash bangs are so easy for protesters to get. Even if the guy with the backpack is the culprit he is most likely an under cover cop instigator who had access to flash bangs.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There is no justice.

You live, you die, no justice.

That's not true , we will all be judged by our actions by the only judge who really matters GOD

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Watch the video!!!!

You sure know how to miss someone's point. Did you hear a whooshing sound as it flew past your cranium?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

Amazing how technology works these days, you barfed all over your keyboard and it translated into text on the screen.

Its not a reliable source because its a just a cellphone cam?
Thats just idiotic. I shouldn't even have to explain myself on that one, but its as simple as this... its an unedited raw footage... how much more reliable can it be!?

They were wearing sunglasses so to not get teargas in their eyes.

I didn't go through all your chunks and spew to dissect all the ignorance but from what I did see makes me disgusted.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i wouldn't be surprised if soon someone loony toon goes to far and shoots an officer dead.
then it's really gonna go down. This is escalating badly.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Cops are there because they get a paycheck. How many people become cops to be a hero? How much s**t do cops have to put up with every day? Protesters verbally degrade these police time and time again, and these cops have to stand there and take it, so they can earn a paycheck. That's not a big paycheck either. Half the people I know would have lost control and already been beating protesters faces the way they speak to the cops. I'm not backing anybody, protesters or cops, none of us have any idea what it's like to be one of those police standing behind the barricade. Do you honestly think those cops want to be there? The protesters choose to be there, the cops HAVE to be there if they want a paycheck.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I haven't read the thread yet, but OMG!

This is a sign of horrible things to come

This is happening every day in many cities across the world now.

Any of you anti OWS members who still find reasons to justify police actions, shame on you.

Oakland is lucky the protestors aren't complete thugs like the police or it would be a warzone over there.

That dude threw that flash bang right in the crowd of people who were helping the guy who got shot.

Absolutely disgusting

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Perhaps John Titor was right and his actions have delayed his timeline eight years?????

Jaden

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I see canisters already smoking on the far side of the street-- apparently from which those protesters in view have come.

I see two or three protesters rush in from the left and one picks up a canister and throws it at the police.

I see two protesters, one a sailor holding a flag (and something else) refusing to move. The other is the man on the ground.

I see at least two objects thrown from off screen at the police.

I see several protesters rush back out into the street.

I see three protesters seeking to render aid.

I see the other dozen or so protesters in view doing nothing but trying to regain the street.

I see at least one officer toss a canister into the far end of the street where the smoke is, and one toss one beyond where the man was already down-- dangerously close to the protesters retaking the street.

I see and hear most protesters laughing-- not concerned for themselves, for others, or for the injured man. why are the laughing? That is insane.

I see the sailor remaining, neither rendering aid nor showing any interest in obeying the police.

So, I see one policeman throw a canister dangerously close to persons, and apparently another had done so which injured the man. I see two or three protesters doing the right thing in trying to render aid. I see all other protesters defying the police. I see all other police (but the one highlighted) behaving professionally-- despite being pelted.

Finally, I hear protesters inciting with, "He has been shot!" Clearly, a provocative description intended to over-dramatize. He had neither been shot, nor shot at.

If I were that sailor's officer, I would make him pay dearly for defying the police, in uniform, and on camera as a horrible lack of military discipline. He was protecting no one-- he was merely defying authority. I doubt that man was a sailor-- but if he is, I detest his behavior.

NOTE : I said the injured man had "apparently" had a canister thrown too close to him. Because we do not see what led to the injuries, I withhold judgment. For all I know and can see, the man had picked up a canister to throw at the police when it went off the instant it left his hand, or had been struck by an errant rock or bottle thrown by the protesters.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha chino
Solution:

Police stop being such maniacs who intentionally hurt people for no reason?

Or they stop wearing masks at events like this. Seriously, why do they all wear masks? Only one reason, to allow them freedom to do whatever sick thing they want. Without fear of being fired.

Solution:

Rush the damned police barricade and beat those morons senseless. No war was ever won by sitting there and taking it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Good thing you aren't in charge of things. The police are wrong here from the start in the fact that this is America. Those were American's. They have the right to assemble, hell they have the right to do damned near anything they want. Those police however do not have any right to throw freaking TEAR GAS into a crowd of AMERICANS.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

Actually:
After video surfaced the police quickly admitted to throwing flashbang grenades.
They aren't doing the "they had firecrackers!" defense anymore. why do you?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that everyone wants to have a revolution without a revolution. There's no such thing as a PEACEFUL REVOLUTION! Either you revolt, or you don't. Everything great that happened in this country, happened because someone stood up and died for it. Without blood, there will never be change. FACT

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

PROOF Go to 5:10-5:25
You can clearly see the protesters start lobbing objects
at the police, then the gas canisters get thrown.
AFTER the protesters starting throwing things at the cops..

Those protestors are not lobbing objects they are shaking their fists in the air chanting. If those were objects with those throws the rocks would simply hit the crowd of people a fe feet in front of them. His hand is gyrating back and forth...what? is he making rocks magically appear on the back-stroke? I watched it a few times on full screen, maybe try the same or be more specific as to what you are claiming?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Yes their JOB...

Must please their corporate masters.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzgod74

I am glad to see someone that realizes the ugly truth here. We can all stand in the streets and demand this or that, but every time we will be met with force until we start using force in retaliation. Sometimes you have to send a message to your opposition that you aren't playing games anymore.

One person in Oakland (that I have seen) knows this. That would be the man that RAN to a tear gas canister and threw it back at the police.

People need to understand that we have a goal and we must remove everyone and everything that stand in our way. Including police that are going AGAINST the American Constitution.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

These protesters were told days ahead of time
they could NOT stay over night in the area.
These protesters (not shown in video)
Were violently throwing rocks, bottles, and other
projectiles at the police officers.

Expect for a few eggs to get broke if your not going to
peacefully protest. This is what your asking for...

PROOF Go to 5:10-5:25
You can clearly see the protesters start lobbing objects
at the police, then the gas canisters get thrown.
AFTER the protesters starting throwing things at the cops..

It is obvious this was not peaceful protesting.
edit on 26-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

My thoughts are that I would wish that happen you and yours with you heartless and careless attitude.
Law and order... HOOEY.
Always hear that from someone that has never been shot at in the heat of battle.
I am pretty sure my newborn Grandson could kick your cops rears.

COPS dont work for you people!
They are licensed stenographers and thugs.
Something bad happens, you call them.
They write it down, then hassle YOU.
If you video them, they get upset.
The first people to elminate when everything falls apart is the cops in your neighborhood.
Period.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Cops are pigs, trying to be Rambos!! Imagine if they had to face people equipped and combat ready like them! They wouldnt do half they are doing right now!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join