It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine in critical condition after OccupyOakland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Do you want a real change, Americans?
Do you think a real change can be done WITHOUT violence and death?

Let me remind you some real changes, starting with YOUR OWN Revolutionary War and the Civil War.Did your fathers gain independence NON VIOLENTLY? Did they ABOLISH SLAVERY NON VIOLENTLY?
I guess your graveyards are full of non violent heroes that made you the great nation you WERE ONCE.
Did the France Revolution was NON VIOLENT?They installed the Republic with sit-ins and doing nothing?

And coming closer to our days, i guess with sit-ins those countries changed : Romania, Egypt, Tunisia and Lybia.

Take your head off your asses : if you want a change, get ready to die.If you dont want a change, keep the ''sit-ins'' and run like chickens when a tear gas explode near you.

As someone said : buy gas masks and bike helmets.

When the government is violent against their people, the people CAN and SHOULD use VIOLENCE to get rid of that government.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

Remember, nothing is done by tptb without careful planning. This is just that, more careful planning.

Saboteurs may try to incite violence, since we're seeing so many of them lately. That's exactly what tptb want, they know it's the only way to win the game. Be careful.

Nothing scares tptb more than a mass peaceful protest. WHY? Because they can't do much of anything against it. They will try, however these things don't work with camera's around, remember that. Our beloved tptb has gotten to the point where one false move spells certain doom for them. Information shatters the illusion, guns and violence only strengthen it. (imo)

Passive resistance is the only way in my humble opinion, but do what you think is best. I'm sure law enforcement authorities know we're on their side, however they do have a job to do and people need to be mindful of that. Remember, once we have law enforcement/military on our side, we win.

edit on 27-10-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
How will the public react to a War Veteran being seriously injured , only I have my fingers crossed this individual survives. What is going to happen if he dies. That is my question.

Are we at an impass now? For the people of this world to unite and tell our governments to stop.

edit on 26-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

If a death occurs expect something like V for vendetta to come to fruition. In that movie it was the loss of an innocent life that sparked up the revolution and turned the tide.

This one was a MARINE! Marines are honored in the U.S, obviously not by the government, but by the people who know that they were out there fighting for the constitution and their rights. If this Marine dies, it will be enough to cause masses to awaken.

*sigh* why does things have to turn violent? What is the purpose of violence when love is the answer?

I grow sad everyday when I see news like this...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How would this be judged in court? An Iraq vet, is, by Federal standards, a terrorist. Protesters were declared terrorists in 2009, but it was retracted shortly after. Look at the attitudes and posturing by the police! They obviously consider the protesters to be highly dangerous and threatening or they wouldn't be wearing riot gear and moving in with gas, rubber bullets and extreme force.

Another question in my mind is. "Why are the police allowed to strike civilians on the head and face with any weapon or their fists?" Head injuries can cause death. If I got into a fight and hit someone on the head and they died, I'd be up on murder charges. It's common sense that if you hit people on the head, they may die suddenly. How many times does it have to happen before people get it? Aren't the police trained properly? Or is the goal to kill and maim? It makes you wonder.

edit on 27/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If he dies blame, Obama, George Soros, Van Jones, and the rest of the left wing groups that are secretly funding and brainwashing the protesters. Enough said. Peace.

The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed "leaderless" "Occupy Wall Street" movement, organizing "guerrilla" protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities.

Source

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These Cops sure know how to dig there own graves.

Good job for smoking out handcaps people in wheelchairs with tear gas and cracking skulls of veterens for PEACE! This will really gets the people on your side!

NOT
edit on 26-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

True, but what the hell is it going to take for people to stand up and take back what is ours? They have done everything to America just short of mass murder, and all we do is come to a forum and complain. This guy was a militaary member and fought for our country and was never appreciated by our government or police when he came back. It goes for every member. They "say" they appreciate the military members but everything they do proves that they only send you over to another country to die, and if that doesn't happen...when you get bac the government abandons you and the police shoot you in the face with a canister of smoke or beat you. I remember Bush even saying that our military members were actually people who were comprised of those who were our nations bottom 10% in intelligence, or something to that effect. That crowd should have just swarmed the cops and showed them that Americans protect Americans, but what did they do? Ran up with a camera asking a guy who ust got shot in the face with a canister...."what's your name, what's your name?" trying to intimidate the cops by making them believe that if they put them on youtube, that something magical would happen. They had all the force, people and magic right there and they did nothing. I hate hippies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I am not a very emotional person but I just cried after I saw that video. I just can't believe what this world is coming to. I have two children and I am scared what the future brings for them.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is what happens when you live in a fascist society. You make times hard on the working and middle class, eliminate jobs and make them desperate. They will follow orders to maintain "order" of the public at the bidding of their masters. Police essentially become a gang that uses a form of mob mentality and a worse "don't snitch" culture on their members than actual street gangs. They follow orders by those in the higher ups which usually falls with the influential's agenda and interests.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Why would one ever carry a weapon to a peaceful protest?
If that were the case it would be an armed protest.
Then pawns would surely die and yet again, no kings or queens would be taken off of the playing board.
Funny though, on this chess board, there are only 1 set of king and queen controlling both the black and white pawns.
If the pawns were smart, they would remove the king and queen and live happily.
But, nobody ever looks for or to the leadership...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

edit on 27-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Please tell me that was photoshopped. If that was a real picture I hope Karma gets to work on that disgusting cop because he obviously has no soul. BTW I am not against cops, but they are human. You are gonna have some good ones and you're gonna have some bad ones. They need to do a better job of weeding the bad ones out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I live in the bay area and close to Oakland. I know these cops and most of them think they are all above the law.

Same attitude as the Fullerton cops.
Yours are pretty much the average mindset of 90% of LEOs.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
CNN is saying that no one know what caused the war vets wound. They say there's no proof that it was a canister that shot him in the head. I'm pretty sure the protesters aren't mad at each other, it was a peacefully rally, and i'm guessing that the only thing wielded that night with enough force was a canister shot from a gun. CNN is so full of S***.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

These Cops sure know how to dig there own graves.

Good job for smoking out handcaps with tear gas and cracking skulls of veterens for peace.

Exactly. They went to the most extreme measures, and that is only going to make people more mad. And more people will come out in support. Especially veterans after this incident, and the one last month with the big man freaking out at NYPD.

And seriously, I'm glad i wasn't there. I would have been throwing the canisters back at police heads. I have no tolerance for that crap.

My aren't you the 'brave' one?

And seemingly ignorant on top of that.

Nobody brought loaded weapons to a Tea Party event. One person carried a rifle on his shoulder as a demonstration of support of the 2nd Amendment.

Your precious mainstream media tied themselves in knots cropping the photo of that person. Why?

Because he was an African-American.....and showing his face wouldn't fit the narrative that the Tea Party .....the ones supporting Herman Cain.....is "racist"...

ROFL! Buy a clue.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

I really do like the way you think. Removing the .. faceless.. nameless.. standing next to my fellow thugs aspect to the whole police mystique is the most practical step I can think of to counter abuse by our so-called.. public servants.

And to get that particular "officers" information.. all that needs be done is have the marine press charges.

Peace.. unless they won't allow it.. I'm comfortable with either option at this point.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

I have no problem with people carrying loaded guns at a protest if it's within the law, but to pretend it didn't happen, is lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
you have no idea brother, these cops have literally dug their own graves if he dies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare

Originally posted by Shenon
Watch this one. People want to help the Guy lying injured on the Ground. What does the Police do? Throwing a Flashbank into the Crowd who are TRYING TO HELP THE GUY. WTF? (30 Second Mark)

This is coming from a very firmly set opponent of OWS. I don't support the methodology of the movement, however that video showed an absolutely disgraceful inhumane act. Get em while they're down? Very low.

Greetings:

We are in awe that nothing has been shown about this on MSM... or not.

For those who do not have You Tube access, here are the pertinent screen caps of the concerned citizens being flash-banged by the disgraceful, cowardly, despicable act of the jack-booted Oakland PD thug who tossed the device.

This is not the America that so many have fought and died for.

These Oakland police responsible for this moronic attack on defenseless, unarmed concerned citizens coming to the aid of a fallen comrade must be brought up on charges and imprisoned - at the very least.

We are disgusted with these idiots who defile their positions of authority and we are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore!

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

edit on 27/10/2011 by thorfourwinds because: moreflame

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Seeing that video made my soul rage. That's all I can tell you. I'm so angry and upset right now.

I used to respect cops. I used to want to get into law enforcement. But that's all changed with all the recent brutality that these cops are getting away with.

Cops will soon become conscripts, and before you know it, the US Military will have to make a decision ultimately.
Will Military leaders forgo obeying their masters, or will the leaders order their troops to intervene and protect the public?

I can only suspect that it won't be long until the public starts forming it's own militia and go to war with police. I'd probably jump on that bandwagon. Cops are only superior when they have the right themselves to point a gun at a person. But the moment you give trained killers the notion to pull guns on cops, those bastards would probably piss their pants.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When are people going to #ing realize TPTB do not give a # about your peaceful garbage.

WE NEED TO FIGHT TO TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS!

You are NOT going to fix this with cardboard friggen signs!
Or by crying everytime a #ing cop hits you!

THEY DO NOT CARE! - WAKE THE # UP!

You're going to fix this, by showing you're not afraid!
Screw Wallstreet - Storm the White House and take back what is yours - bring weapons to defend yourself.

Someone needs to shoot a cop in the face, or in a massive scuffle (that the cops instigate) someone should be stabbing these #s in the throat!

All these protesters need weapons, or some form of retaliation.
I can not wait until a cop does something to make someone so mad, that they realize
they have nothing to loose.

This is getting beyond retarded.
I am all for peaceful protest, but after the 40 some videos I've seen - which show a blatant disregard for human life - I feel as if we should be fighting back. They DO NOT CARE.

Your system has crashed!
FIX IT!

@ NebulaZero - - That Militia idea is what is going to happen, people look at what they consider to be a primitive country, as they have people fighting the government -- THAT will be us soon - There is a point when people have enough.

I know for me, in my mentality - if I was dealing with those same cop-related scenarios that these protesters are dealing with, I'd have a sniper on a rooftop somewhere!

In the end of days, the Trident will stand strong.
A militia of force and truth will lay the way.

edit on 27-10-2011 by GrimTroll because: @ Nebula

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

I hope no one is stupid enough to heed your advice. Stabbing police officers is not the way to go, identify the police who are breaking the law and hold them accountable. Your way would not end well for anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join