It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine in critical condition after OccupyOakland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The irony of the whole thing, is that the same people that are putting these vets on a pedestal, BEFORE the OWS protest, were the same people calling them monsters, baby killers, tools of the gov.....

Not to mention stupid, ignorant, oh and lets not forget that only people who are the bottom rung in America join the military......

Oh wait, unless its for OUR cause............

Really, some people make me want to vomit until i have a brain hemorrhage.......

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The veteran was in *solidarity* with the protesters
the cops did not know who was a vet and who wasn't.

I appreciate veterans but people are acting like
if it was someone else they really wouldn't care.

These people were told a few days ahead of time
that they can not stay over night..

They started throwing rocks, bottles, and Molotov's
at the cops. Should the cop who is just doing there job
get injured or killed over these careless protesters actions?
I submit not.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that, across the globe police are over-reacting and seem to want people to be angered and retaliate?

Just wait until the retaliation against the police is violent, it will spread a world wide precedent across the globe regarding the potential for violence at Occupy protests and, in the eyes of the general public and politicians, extreme force will be justified.

What comes from that is up for speculation.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
These people were told a few days ahead of time
that they can not stay over night..

Serves them right for not remembering the part of the constitution that guarantees peacefully assembly...when the authorities say you can.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is the 101 of how to break a Resistance,
in the case the Protesters are right and more and more People join
you need to criminalize them,
this will lead into a Radicalization and Terrorism in the future,
when the Public/ Protesters start to use Bombs and other Weapons
every kind and form of Governmental Answer is legit!

Just have a look in to the History of the Anti-Viet Nam Movement,
they done this already once, it started with Flowers, Peace and Pony Riding
and ended with Executions!

No Pasaran, Venceremos

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
side note:

nowhere in the article does it say that the vet was wounded by police.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
side note:

No, we just saw it with our own eyes on video....then, while others rush in to aid him, the cops shoot a concussion grenade (from 10-feet away) right into the middle of the rescuers.

EDIT: Oh, I suppose you missed the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of the article:

A U.S. Marine veteran is today in a critical condition in hospital after being injured by a police gas canister

edit on 26-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

side note:

No, we just saw it with our own eyes on video....then, while others rush in to aid him, the cops shoot a concussion grenade (from 10-feet away) right into the middle of the rescuers.

A U.S. Marine veteran is today in a critical condition in hospital after being injured by a police gas canister

Wow, my bad... sorry, I thought the link was the same article I'd seen earlier, which said that they couldn't confirm that he'd been hit by a gas canister, and that protesters had also been throwing rocks.

EDIT: Watched the video. I still see no evidence of this man being hit by a gas canister. You can see protestors throwing rocks. Clearly he's been hit in the head by SOMETHING, but to claim and react as if he's been targeted by police is misleading at best, intellectually dishonest and inciteful at worst (not suggesting Aggie is doing this, but the original article).

I'd suggest some patience while waiting for the truth to emerge before jumping to conclusions.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OMG, my local news station, based out of Oakland, has fotage of everyone trying to drag the wounded vet out when a cop, plane as day, rolls a flash bang in the middle of them all right next to the vet laying on the ground and exploded!

so F***** up. They were not even doing anything but trying to drag the guy out of there.

I need to get this video! If this video gose viral, people will riot I NEED TO GET IT!

edit on 26-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Fast foward to 3:29! you can see the cop lob a flash bang into the group helping the cop!

www.ktvu.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
OMG, my local news station, based out of Oakland, has fotage of everyone trying to drag the wounded vet out when a cop, plane as day, rolls a flash bang in the middle of them all right next to the vet laying on the ground and exploded!

Yeah, I saw that footage on youtube earlier. It was an obvious attempt to injure. I hope the footage is good enough to show his face...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

side note:

Wow, my bad... sorry, I thought the link was the same article I'd seen earlier, which said that they couldn't confirm that he'd been hit by a gas canister, and that protesters had also been throwing rocks.

EDIT: Watched the video. I still see no evidence of this man being hit by a gas canister. You can see protestors throwing rocks. Clearly he's been hit in the head by SOMETHING, but to claim and react as if he's been targeted by police is misleading at best, intellectually dishonest and inciteful at worst (not suggesting Aggie is doing this, but the original article).

I'd suggest some patience while waiting for the truth to emerge before jumping to conclusions.

Ya Ya we should wait to see the covered up version of the pig
This will only make thing worst for the cop they should go back to they donut office

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

so F***** up. They were not even doing anything but trying to drag the guy out of there.

I need to get this video! If this video gose viral, people will riot I NEED TO GET IT!

Fast foward to 3:29! you can see the cop lob a flash bang into the group helping the cop!

www.ktvu.com...

take a look at 3:29 and watch the cop on the right

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Here is a conclusion to jump to...OR, watch with your own eyes....jump tothe 0:30 mark if you can't stand to watch the entire 1:08....tell me where the justification was in that cop's actions. Although we have no footage of a canister hitting that Marine in the head, I have no doubt about the intent of the officers...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Here is a conclusion to jump to...OR, watch with your own eyes....jump tothe 0:30 mark if you can't stand to watch the entire 1:08....tell me where the justification was in that cop's actions. Although we have no footage of a canister hitting that Marine in the head, I have no doubt about the intent of the officers...

you have a better video then i do. This is police brutality!!!!!!

This is why they must film EVERYTHING!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

to do it in a peaceful way, find the idenity of the cops and expose them.
That will get them to think twice.

I guess I wonder why "do it in a peaceful way"?
At what point do we realize "peaceful resistance" doesn't work?

If someone were to try to "take possession" of your beautiful SS Camaro, how, peacefully would you react?

Peaceful resistance has it's place, but when that peaceful resistance is met with violence, I believe that the game must change.

The M-32 can put all 6 rounds on target in under 3 seconds, which is very helpful during ambushes if the squad needs to suppress and break contact. The M32 has reported successful head shots at 150 meters, and can fire all DODTI and NATO Standard 40×46mm low velocity grenades. The weapon can be loaded with a variety of 40mm munitions for a specific mission, and the operator can select the desired round without having to unload the weapon. Beyond the “normal” M433 40mm grenade, and standard specialty rounds like smoke, compatible specialty rounds also reportedly include:

defense industry daily.com

Coincidence?
I doubt it.

As you stated, how quickly would this situation change if these protesters were (well) armed?
If each time a citizens head was split open, a cop's skull would also be broken?

Don't want your head split open, officer?
Well neither do we.

There are more protesters than officers, so that's a no win for the cops.

They have helicopters and planes, but need pilots.
No need to shoot down a chopper, right?

At some point this violence needs to be ended, one way or another.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sounds like some people are inciting violent uprising against the police, like your only way to resolve this is through armed conflict with the police? Typical really to a gun crazed society.

The police are not the issue and they are not stopping you making a difference, the ocupy protests arent working either, and to carry on protesting until you fight with the police wont get anyone anywhere.

I think you need a bigger movement, internet campaigns, joined forces, fund raisers, a proper forum with appointed leaders and joined up goals and action plans and votes, real democracy which people can beleive in and which serves the people, take the protests off the streets where the government can see the small numbers and go viral.

Your not going to win this by fighting, thats illegal, but an intelligent national/global movement which everyone can join because everyone is connected, at the end of the day, the only thing you need to replace the government is a vote, voting is made easy for you.

I hope the prtoestor is OK - its kind of irrelivant to me that he is an ex Marine.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I suspect the U.S. will fabricate another reason to go to war in order to take the peoples minds of four own social upheaval and tak stymie the belief that all is not well in the land of milk and honey. Next target? Syria, then on to Iran!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

during the riots.

# happens during riots, and none of it is good....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Absolutely, And while there are people that are saying 'they were just doing their jobs', their job is to get violent protesters, the few that were there, and probably police plants to incite a reason to use those measures.

Those people were helping the guy on the ground, and i've stated before. Those flashbangs are not just a flash and a bang, there are possible shards of metal. And the guy on the ground sure didn't need another flashbang in his face after suffering a brain injury.

They were not threatening the police, they just wanted to help the man on the ground. That is not a crime. I pay more attention to police, if i were in said situation, i wouldn't have taken my eyes off the cop, second he lobbed it, i would smacked it back at him. Its his own weapon, he didn't pay enough attention to use it properly. Kick it back like a damn soccer ball!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

thats bull# this isnt greece....yet. flat out exaggerating liar you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join