It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


A Look Through The Mind Of An Assassin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:58 AM

*Thread Note: Originally I wrote and posted this thread earlier on in the year but due to issues with huge parts of the post disappearing due to a glitch, and because I wanted to add more information to the opening posts, I have re-posted it with permission today. Anyway, just mentioning this in case anyone can remember reading this thread the first time around.


Hello once again ATS,

Today is the 26th of October, 2011. Exactly 72 years and 8 days ago an individual by the name of Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans, this figure being the suspected killer of Officer J. D. Tippit and President of the Unites States, John F. Kennedy in November of 1963.

Admittedly I've seen quite a lot of threads posted on the JFK case, but I’ve never really seen a thread dedicated to just the suspected assassin himself, Lee Harvey Oswald, in all honesty. This being one of the main reasons why I've wrote this thread up in the first place really. As I also have something of an interest with this topic I wanted to try and take a closer look at what kind of man Lee Harvey Oswald was (as opposed to who he's portrayed as), what drove and motivated him in his life, ask whether he really was who we think he was, what were his connections to the Mafia and particularly Jack Ruby (his eventual killer), and of course his connections to the Assassination of Kennedy himself - If such a connection really should exist.

Was he in any position to shoot him, or anyone else, for example? Jesse Curry, chief of police, once quoted by Tom Johnson as saying "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building [Texas School Book Depository] with a gun in his hand."

I hope to at the very least try and show who he really was and then in turn I feel a more valid opinion on him and why he would carry out this attack, or alternatively why he never, can be made. Below is my analysis into Lee Harvey Oswald and his entire involvement in this case as well as some key areas of his life which led him to being at Dealey Plaza in November of 1963 - the year of the Assassination. Thanks for reading.

The Mind Of An Assassin - Lee Harvey Oswald


(October 18, 1939 – November 24, 1963)


As has been mentioned already, this overall thread is a look inside the mind of one Lee Harvey Oswald. This being so, I'm looking to expand this to discuss a lot of key areas prior to 1963 which shaped him and who he was as well as the events during 1963 also, and of course certain anomalies that a lot of people may not know much about which occurred in the time period and afterwards. This thread is a look at Oswald, a look into the shootings he's supposedly responsible for, his own death at the hands of Jack Ruby, what happened afterwards exactly and much more - in other words this is one long thread, but hopefully an interesting one.


Name: Lee Harvey Oswald (A.K.A: Alek J. Hidell)
Date of Birth: October 18, 1939
Place of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
Spouse(s): Marina Prusakova
Date of Death: November 24, 1963 (24 years of age)
Cause of Death: Fatal Gunshot wound at the hands of Jack Ruby while in police custody

Ok, as we all know only too well, the infamous Lee Harvey Oswald was the man, and still is the man, suspected (please bear in mind he was never convicted - the chance was never given) of the murder of 2 individuals on 22nd, November, 1962 - Officer J. D. Tippit, which was why he was arrested in the first place. And also the then president of the United States, John F. Kennedy around 40 minutes previously.

According to a number of investigations into the case, Oswald has been shown to be the probable killer of both individuals. Well, this being so, we are left with a choice as we always are with these kinds of investigations. Do we just accept these conclusions? After all, there is quite a few of them to say the least and all seem to say the same thing, and then move on with our lives and our research into this case. Or, instead, do we continue looking at the simple facts and see if we can come to the same conclusions ourselves?

Well, I for one think It can only be a good thing to choose the latter and that's why I'm opening up this thread to bring forth some of the basic knowledge and facts surrounding this case as well as my own conclusions and the conclusions of others also. Ones which I hope would explain quite a bit about not just if Oswald was in a possible position of killing Kennedy, or Tippit for that matter, but what kind of man Oswald really was and what exactly led him to be the kind of man we know him as today.

Now, first off, let me state that I'm looking to bring forth some fairly lesser known theories here, as well as discussing some fairly lesser known information, but I'm in no way claiming these theories as fact. I do hope to spur on some interesting debates though, and I hope the posts in reply to this thread reflect that. One conclusion I, myself, have come to - this being something I will try and show later on in this thread - Is that Lee Harvey Oswald was working with the CIA and perhaps other "government organisations" all along, right up until the day Kennedy died and right up until his arrest when he was made a patsy and Jack Ruby was ordered to kill him.

This being one of the most crucial parts of this entire case, especially as the Warren Commition have attempted to portray him as something of a lone nut - hence the Lone Nut Theory. Again, I hope to show otherwise as I thoroughly believe otherwise..

I'll continue to try and prove this theory a little later on in this thread, but for now, let's just take a closer look at just who Lee Harvey Oswald was from an early period in his life in the hope of establishing what led this man to be the type of man he really was at the time of his death at the young age of 24.

Lee Harvey Oswald, as one would expect from someone whom is said to have killed the president of the United States of America had somewhat of a troubled childhood according to most sources today. His own father died approximately 2 months before he was born leaving him without a real father figure at a young age, he was often moved around (I believe experiencing around 7 different schools at the mere age of 12/13), his mother wasn't exactly motherly towards him and his siblings to say the least (his brother claims they were seen as "burdens" by her) and Oswald possessed quite aggressive and temperamental tendencies at times, again according to many sources although there does seem to be a great deal of exaggeration still.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
His own daughter, Rachael Oswald Porter, in more recent times describes herself as being extremely moody and very introverted - a trait those around her claim Oswald, her father, seemed to possess also. Something which is understandable as Oswald as a child was, as I mentioned, moved around a lot and seemed to find it somewhat difficult to make close friends thus spending a great deal of time by himself.

He then started skipping school on a regular basis, partly due to being bullied for having a southern accent (by this time he was living in New York where his elder brother and wife were staying), although the young Oswald was even continuing his education on his own in private at the local library he was still in trouble for truancy where he was subject to his first interaction with the law - he even at one point was sent to a youth house where he received a mandatory psychological evaluation.

According to Jim Marrs in his book Crossfire:

Finally caught, the youngster was handed over for a psychiatric observation to an institution called Youth House. Here he stayed from April 16th to May 7th, 1953. Mrs Oswald said it was only after having both her gifts and her person searched for cigarettes and narcotics, that she realized the youth house was one step short of jail. She said her son implored her: "Mother, I want to get out of here. There are children in here who have killed people and smoke. I want to get out."

While under the care of the state, Oswald was given psychiatric tests. The results were essentially inconclusive. They showed him to be a bright and inquisitive young man who was somewhat tense, withdrawn, and hesitant to talk about himself or his feelings.

Even the Warren Report, which generally tried to depict Oswald in the worst possible light, conceded: Contrary to reports that appeared after the assassination, the psychiatric examination did not indicate that Lee Oswald was a potential assassin, potentially dangerous, that "his outlook on life had strongly paranoid overtones," or that he should be institutionalized.

After his experience in Youth House, there were no further truancy problems with young Lee. In January 1954, Lee and his mother returned to New Orleans, where he finished the ninth grade and began the tenth. Upon arriving in New Orleans, the Oswald’s lived initially with Mrs. Oswald’s sister and her husband, Lilliath and Charles "Dutz" Murret, before finding an apartment of their own.

Everyone who knew Oswald as a youth agrees that he was a somewhat introverted and was what could be best described as a "bookworm." His interests were widely varied, including animals, astronomy, classic literature... and eventually politics. Reading comic books and listening to radio and TV were also among his favourite past times.
Source: Book, Crossfire. Page 97 to 98.

The truth is Oswald led a rather normal life as a youngster. He certainly wasn't as criminal or as aggressive as many seem to portray him as, such as the Warren Commission for example. He was simply a normal kid, if anything, a good kid. The mandatory psychological evaluation itself shows that he was no different to anyone else really.

By the age of 15, Oswald claims to have become interested in Communism to some degree, claiming that he was first handed a pamphlet on the street by the famous Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who went onto be executed by the state in 1953, this story in particular puzzling his elder brother, Robert:

If Lee was deeply interested in Marxism in the summer of 1955, he said nothing about it to me. During my brief visit with him in New Orleans, I never saw any books on the subject in the apartment on exchange place. Never, in my presence, did he read anything that I recognized as Communist Literature. I was totally surprised when the information about his interest in Marxism came out, at the time of his defection to Russia. I was amazed that he had kept to himself ideas and opinions that were evidently so important to him.

Oswald’s Defection to the Soviet Union is something I will discuss further along in this thread. For now I think It's quite important to highlight the obvious surprise from close family members at his alleged Marxist views.. partly because a great deal of suspicion lies over these views and their authenticity. You see Oswald seemingly tried to make out he was a Marxist on more than one occasion, yet at the same time, and for whatever reason, he showed very clear signs of being no such thing at all.. if anything, someone who opposes such views.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
You see, It was at this point in his life that Oswald, still making out he was a Marxist, decided to go in a complete u-turn and join the New Orleans Civil Air Patrol - Now it was here that he went onto meet one of the most mysterious characters in this entire case, and it is here that Oswald was potentially "influenced" in some way as here he met, for the first time, David Ferrie (one of the leaders here and one of the men who is said to have Introduced Oswald to the Mafia as well as other crime and underworld organisations involved in the JFK Case)

Here is a picture of them both together in this early period of Oswald's life:

Ferrie is certainly an interesting character. He was well known to be involved with crime organisations and high ranking figures, such as those involved in the JFK case, he had strong connections to Cuban organisations (Anti-Castro groups and FBI agent Guy Banister at 544 camp street), he was a private investigator, an airline pilot and possessed well known ring-wing views.

Whether he really truly involved in the case can't ever be proven from the man himself, as in 1967, 4 years after JFK was murdered, Ferrie was also found dead. This also being a mere day after he was released from protective custody by District Jim Garrison who had previously named him a chief suspect in the assassination plot on the President. Quite convenient really..

Connecting him to Oswald in later years from the Civil Air Patrol on the other hand can seemingly be proven beyond doubt. Upon Oswald's arrest you see, in his possession was none other than a library card with David Ferries name in it. Ferrie's lawyer, C. Wray Gill, the lawyer of other shady characters like Carlos Marcello for example, informed Ferrie of this and on the day of the assassination of Oswald at the hands of Jack Ruby, they contacted the authorities where Ferrie was, of course, to deny all knowledge of his potential participation in the plot. The fact remains though that Oswald did seem to have something which belonged to Ferrie on him which seems to beyond doubt implicate him in the plot in some way.

Officially it appears that this library card doesn't exist as there doesn't seem to be a mention of it in the official records. It's believed though that one of Oswald's former neighbours in New Orleans confirmed the story claiming that David Ferrie visited her after the assassination "asking about a library card". Another, Oswald's landlady, also allegedly claims that she was also visited with-in mere hours of the assassination asking about the card.. one which Oswald now seemingly had in his possession for whatever reason.

Over the next few days Martin told friends that Ferrie and Guy Bannister had been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. According to Martin, Ferrie was the getaway man whose job it was to fly the assassin out of Texas. He also claimed that Ferrie knew Lee Harvey Oswald from their days in the New Orleans Civil Air Patrol and had given him lessons on how to use a rifle with a telescopic sight.

Anthony Summers has pointed out: "David Ferrie, aide in Carlos Marcello's apparatus, and anti-Castro activist, attracted brief official attention less than forty-eight hours after the assassination. Just hours before Ruby killed Oswald, and while Ferrie was still away on his peculiar marathon around Texas, a disaffected member of Banister's staff called New Orleans authorities to say he suspected Ferrie of involvement in the President's murder. This was Jack Martin, a Banister investigator, and he voiced suspicion that Ferrie had been in contact with Oswald.

Within hours of the assassination, Martin had been involved in a dispute with Banister - a confrontation that may have occurred when Banister caught Martin trying to examine confidential files. For whatever reason, Banister injured Martin by hitting him on the head with a revolver butt. It was the day after this, following a visit to the hospital, that Martin raised the alarm over Ferrie. A hue and cry began, but Ferrie - as we have seen - was away in Texas. His associates, questioned in his absence, proved uninformative. One did, however, relate a strange incident."

An image of the young Oswald in the Civil Air Patrol where he first met Ferrie:

At the age of 17 in 1955 Oswald made yet another odd decision for a so called Marxist.. he dropped out of school, writing them a letter to say he was moving away, and then he went onto attempt to join the Marine Corps. He was well known to be very interested in joining, particularly as his elder brother Robert had also joined years before, going onto give Lee some of his old army training manuals. His mother recalls: "He knew it by heart."

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
Very shortly after turning 17 Oswald was sworn in as a Unites States Marine and by October 26th of 1956, he arrived at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California. Why he decided to join the marines is a bit of a mystery really. Was it through patriotism? Thus showing he was not a Marxist as he tried to show on occasions before. Was it because it was what his elder brother did? Or was it through the advice and guidance of David Ferrie? Who knows really, all we do know if he did indeed join. And despite what some believe about him, he was certainly no star marksman here. If anything he was one of the worst around earning himself detrimental nicknames due to his poor accuracy.

He did however go onto qualify as a "Sharpshooter" by a mere 2 points - this level being the second of 3 grades I believe.

Now we do know quite a bit about the life of Lee Harvey Oswald. We know what type of man he was growing up, what his interests were and so on. But there is one interest of his that seems to stand out, for me anyway. It was his love growing up at home of a tv show called "I Led Three Lives" based on the life of the man Oswald was truly obsessed with, a man called Herbert Philbrick.

What's particularly interesting about this man is, like the name of the TV show based on his life suggests, he did indeed lead 3 very different lives. The most interesting of which was as an undercover agent posing as a Marxist in order to infiltrate groups of interest. At this time it's worth pointing out that Oswald, later in life, is suspected of having connections to undercover work and some researchers of this case suspect him to have been involved in a plot to learn as much information as he possibly can about a pending assassination plot on the President in 1963, perhaps he was even on a mission to stop it thus why he kept onto David Ferries library card.. he was hoping to implicate him in on the plot, although he ended up getting himself arrested thus implicating himself in on it. I'll discuss more about this theory later on in this thread..

Anyway, we known for a fact that Oswald thought very strongly about Philbrick and it was possibly through this admiration for him that Oswald repeatedly pretended to be a Marxist, he was merely copying his lifelong hero who did the exact same thing.. just on a larger scale working for the government and particularly in his infiltration of the Communist Party USA between 1940 and 1949, which he did with a huge degree of success earning himself national recognition. We also know for a fact that Oswald was commonly heard to be talking about communism while in the Marines, although It was obviously never taken seriously by those around him. After all this was the late 1950's Marines, if someone seriously suspected that Oswald was genuinely sympathetic towards Communism, or was a communism himself, they certainly would've made themselves heard, especially the superiors at the bases.

But no, It was never taken seriously.. and that's, IMO, because Oswald himself never took it seriously. He was no Communist, he had no real desire to adopt Marxism or anything like that. If anything Oswald was patriotic and loved America, and it was for this reason that he went onto join the Marines - the very people in a fight against Communism at the time.

You see it doesn't quite make sense when we think about it really. Oswald goes onto join the Marines despite claiming to be a Marxist.. and like I said, if anyone had any serious doubts about Oswald and his love for America, they certainly would've made it known, especially at this time in American history. But no, he was even affectionately given the name Oswaldskovich by the other marines.

By the late 1950's (1958 - 1959) Oswald was to be stationed at the Atsugi naval air station in Japan. It was here that many believe he was given his first ever Intelligence mission of some sort. You see Oswald was a radar operator and undoubtedly would've been given classified information, which again would seem like an odd thing to do if anything really did believe him to be a communist sympathizer. Anyway, local prostitutes in the area were seen to be constantly asking some of the men stationed at the base odd questions about the work they were doing, allegedly attempting to gain secrets off of them for whatever reason.

Due to this they were suspected of being undercover spies and one of the men they targeted was Lee. Due to this he reported their activity and in turn he, among others, were ordered to go back and obtain what information off of the women they could, I believe they were to also give false information at the same time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
Owen Dejanovich, one of the marines stationed with Oswald, once reported in the popular PBS documentary about Oswald, Titled: 'Who was Lee Harvey Oswald', that he saw Oswald heading to a designated "off-limits" area with a Eurasian woman - one who he suspected was more than likely to gather intelligence from.

It seems that Oswald was charged up to 100 dollars a night by this prostitute and at the same time his entire salary per month was at the time less than 85 It's claimed. If this was an Intelligence mission It's claimed Oswald was being aided financially by his superiors for it.

Please take the time to read a snippet from this fascinating Interview of David Bucknall with the well known researcher, Mark Lane. Some startling revelations appear, if true, which could shed some light on exactly why Oswald was behaving the way he was, and going to off-limits areas as well as why he was to eventually leave the military and defect to the soviet union only to later return disappointed upon stepping off the plane to greet his brother in 1962 (well, his brother claimed upon meeting him that he seemed disappointed there was no media report about his return - all seemingly explained below).

Recently, a former Marine who had served with Oswald in Santa Ana, California, after Oswald had returned from Atsugi, began to talk about his discussions with him. His name is David Bucknell…

Bucknell told me that one day he and Oswald went to a tavern near the base to drink a few beers. Two women approached them. Later that day Oswald told Bucknell the incident with the women reminded him of a experience he had had at Atsugi. Oswald had been alone in a bar when an attractive Japanese woman approached him, he told Bucknell. She asked him some questions about his work on the base. That work was, of course, with the supersecret U-2 program. Oswald, predictably, reported that conversation to his superior officer, who then arranged for a meeting on the base between Oswald and a man dressed in civilian clothes.

The man, a “security” or “security-intelligence” operator, explained to Oswald that he could do his country a great service. Oswald was told that the woman was a KGB contact and that he would be given false information to pass on to her. Oswald agreed, and while still a teenager in the Marine Corps he became an intelligence operative. His liaison with the woman continued; he was given money to spend at the Queen Bee, and apparently encouraged by American intelligence to enter into a sexual relationship with the woman

Regarding Oswald’s tour of duty in Japan, Bucknell can only report what Oswald recounted to him. However, he was involved directly with Oswald in an intelligence effort when they both were at MACS-9. In1959 Oswald, Bucknell and others were ordered to report to the Criminal Investigation (CID) at the base. There a civilian began an effort aimed at recruiting those present for an intelligence operation against “Communists” in Cuba. Oswald was selected to make several additional trips to CID. Later he told Bucknell that the civilian who served as his contact or control at Atsugi had taken over the same job at Santa Ana. Still later, Oswald confided to Bucknell that he, Oswald was to be discharged from the Marine Corps very soon and that he would surface in the Soviet Union. Oswald told Bucknell that he was being sent there on assignment by American intelligence and that he would return to the United States in 1961 as a hero.

Here's another fascinating snippet from another "Army Buddy" of Oswald’s (Erwin Donald Lewis):

Oswald, a radar operator, was very quiet, kept to himself, and did not appear to have any close friends. To the best of my knowledge, he seldom left the base.

It was a matter of common knowledge among squadron members that he could read, write, and speak Russian.

From what we know it does appear that Oswald was either given extensive training or he was learning Russian by himself while stationed in the Marines, and in doing so It was for his defection to the Soviet Union, again for whatever purpose is still not fully known.

According to ex-CIA agent James Wilcott however:

On March 22, 1978, former CIA accountant James B. Wilcott swore under oath before the House Select Committee on Assassinations that he believed that Lee Harvey Oswald was a "regular employee" of the Central Intelligence Agency, and that he believed Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." He testified that he was told by another CIA employee that money he (Wilcott) had personally disbursed was for "the Oswald project or for Oswald."

His testimony can be found here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
Expanding on this and according to Crossfire:

While no U.S. Intelligence agency has admitted it, there is further evidence to suggest that he [Oswald] was indeed used as an agent. Sgt. Gerry Patrick Hemming, who served in Japan with Oswald and later went on to join anti-Castro Cubans, said he was recruited into the CIA while in the service and, while Oswald never said so, he believed the same thing happened to Oswald-based on conversations between the two.

A former CIA finance officer, James Wilcottt, testified to the House Select Committee on Assassinations that colleagues told him that Oswald was a secret operative for the spy agency in Japan. Wilcott, who served in the CIA from 1957 through 1966, said after Kennedy's assassination he had several conversations with CIA personel involved in covert operations. He said, based on these conversations and his experience of paying CIA funds to secret organisations through the use of code names, or "cryptos", he became convinced that Oswald was brought into the CIA while serving as a radar operator in Japan and later was sent to infiltrate Russia as a spy.
Page 104 of the book titled Crossfire.

Also if we're to take a look at what David Bucknall had previously said once more, particularly the last paragraph of it then we find something quite interesting also. He said "he was being sent there on assignment by American intelligence and that he would return to the United States in 1961 as a hero."

So if Oswald really was on a mission of some sort, like it appears he was, then he was doing so under the belief he was going to be hailed a hero upon his return in 1961. Well I'll discuss this further but for now, I'll focus on his defection in the first place, how it happened exactly and what he did upon his arrival.

The Defection to the Soviets


An image of Oswald around the time of his defection to the Soviet Union in around 1959:

In September 1959, after discharging from active duty, Oswald now began to make plans to travel to the Soviet Union, something David Bucknall claimed he was informed to do as It was an American Intelligence mission - something which makes a great deal of sense upon looking at how long Oswald spent here, who his acquaintances were, where he wished to travel to exactly, and of course due to him being able to return to the US again with a Russian wife who's relatives were the equivalent of the American FBI and also with a child.

This will be discussed in a bit more detail later on in this section of the thread, for now though, let me explain Oswald's trip. Firstly, let's not forget that Oswald was said to have been given money to aid him in one of his previous missions in Atsugi, Japan. Therefore, It isn't totally out of the question to at the very least suggest he had been given money for this mission also - assuming this certainly was a mission as It so seems.

The reason I bring this up now is it's said that Oswald, according to records, had the maximum sum of around 200 dollars in his possession - he himself claimed on the contrary that he had saved well over 1500 and had that in his possession. So we can at least assume he may have been aided in his travels now like he previously was in Atsugi.

His travels were quite varied also It seems. It was very shortly after his "honourable discharge" from the military that he had applied for a passport at the Superior Court of Santa Ana, Calif. I believe his application was to leave the United States on September the 21st to attend the Albert Schweitzer College in Switzerland and the University of Turku in Finland, and he also stated that he wished to travel in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany, and also Russia Itself.

By the 14th of this very same month, his passport had then been issued and he arrived in Fort Worth where he had previously lived. By the 17th, Oswald filled out a "Passenger Immigration Questionnaire," in which he stated that he would be abroad for 2 months on a "pleasure trip".

He then left for France shortly afterwards, and arrived on the 9th of October. Then he left for England as soon as he arrived reaching here the next day. I believe he then told English customs officials in Southampton that he had $700 left and he planned to remain in the United Kingdom for 1 week before proceeding to a school in Switzerland. But on the same day he, according to the official story of events, flew to Helsinki, Finland.

According to some sources though the date stamped on his passport is the 10th of October which presents a problem as the timing of the flights on that day are inconsistent with the time he is said to have landed in Helsinki and then booked into the Torni Hotel. Some researchers claim he was aided in his trip, particularly as it is now believed to be some sort of Intelligence mission.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
More anomalies can also be found in the alleged route Oswald took to reach the Soviet Union as while in Helsinki, now staying at the Klaus Kurki Hotel which he moved into a day after arriving in the Torni Hotel, these being 2 of the most expensive hotels around, he then applied for a Visa at the Russian Consulate. 2 days later it was handed to Oswald, a remarkably quick time. The standard time, I believe, being around a week, not 2 days time.

Oddly though, a mere few days after the Assassination was to take place in 1963, a Swedish newspaper, which has seemingly been backed up by Swedish Intelligence, reported that Oswald didn’t obtain his Visa while in Helsinki, instead they claim he travelled to Stockholm where he was to obtain it. This was never mentioned in the Warren Commission reports and we must ask, why not? And if this report is true and the WC left out information here... what else did they leave out?

They claim he obtained it in Helsinki, It was issued for October the 14th and Oswald left by train the next day arriving in Moscow on the 16th of October, 1959. The Visa would run to the 21st of this same month. He did arrive on this day and upon arriving, he seemingly made no plans to leave whatsoever. He was immediately taken to a representative of in tourist, the official state tourist agency and placed in the Hotel Berlin. The next day he was assigned a tourist guide by the name of Rima Shirokova which was where he stated for the first time that he'd like to defect to the Soviet Union.

Here's a letter Oswald wrote while in the Soviet Union:

It translates to:

Oct. 16, 1959

To the Supreme Soviet of the USSR.

I Lee Harvey Oswald, request that I be granted citizenship in the Soviet Union. My visa began on Oct. 15, and will expire on Oct. 21. I must be granted asylum before this date, while I wait for the citizenship decision.

At present I am a citizen of the United States of America.

I want citizenship because; I am a communist and a worker. I have lived in a decadent capitalist society where the workers are slaves. I am twenty years old, I have completed three years in the United States Marine Corps, I served with the occupation forces in Japan. I have seen American imperialism in all its forms.

I do not want to return to any country outside of the Soviet Union.

I am willing to give up my American citizenship and assume the responsibilities of a Soviet citizen.

I had saved my money which I earned as a private in the American military for two years, in order to come to Russia for the express purpose of seeking citizenship here. I do not have enough money left to live indefinitely here, or to return to any other country. I have no desire to return to any other country. I ask that my request be given quick consideration.


Lee H. Oswald

A snippet about Rima:

In Rima's account as described by Norman Mailer in Oswald's Tale (pp.44-45) (he only paraphrases her), Oswald told her did not want to return to the US--there was no sense to it. His mother had remarried and was no longer interested in him. Nobody was interested in him. When he served as a Marine in the Far East he had seen much suffering and the US had fomented unjust wars in which he did not want to take part. She had the impression that he had seen combat. He had read that the Soviet people lived good, useful, and very peaceful lives and he had come here to see this for himself. Now he wanted to stay, he repeated. This was a proper country for his political views.

Rimma gives Oswald the nickname Alek because Lee sounds too Chinese and confuses the Russians. Oswald will adopt this name for the remainder of his stay in Russia.

Here's an interesting snippet on what occurred the next day, the 17th of October:

We have no precise information on what Lee Harvey Oswald did on Saturday, October 17, his second day in Moscow. We know more today about what the Soviet authorities were doing.

On October 17, the Secretary of the Soviet Presidium, M.P. Georgadze, forwarded a translation of Oswald's letter to the KGB, referenced file "No. 435 October 17, 1959." The enclosed translation contained an error. Whereas Oswald stated he served three years in the Marines, the Russian translator wrote that Oswald had "completed three years in a US naval academy." That alone must have left a negative impression on the KGB, as Oswald stated in the same letter that he served as a private. It was not a good sign that their subject after three years in a naval academy did not rise above the rank of private. The first impression must have been that either Oswald was a total foul-up, or a liar, or mentally unstable, or all three. And first impressions, as they say, are the most important.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
In his diary Oswald writes:

Oct. 17.

Rima meets me for In tourist sightseeing, says we must continue with this although I am too nervous, she is "sure" I'll have an answer soon. Asks me about myself and my reasons for doing this. I explain I am a communist, etc. She is politely sympathetic, but uneasy now. She tries to be a friend to me. She feels sorry for me; I am something new.

On Oswald's third day in the Soviet Union, his birthday in fact, he made it known to Rima that he desperately wished to remain in the Soviet Union once more, it was something he had to do, and he couldn't go back to America. Even offering to give up certain American military secrets that he had in his possession - This many researchers believe to be purposefully false information as this was seemingly an American Intelligence mission on the part of Oswald. Remember, Oswald's mission in Atsugi was seemingly passing on false information to suspected Soviet Union spies also..

This was reported to the KGB and by the 20th I believe Oswald was interviewed once again by authorities:

According to KGB Colonel Oleg Nechiporenko's 1993 book, Passport to Assassination, Oswald was first debriefed by a senior professional intelligence officer from the KGB's First Chief Directorate (Intelligence), 15th Department (Tourists), on October 20, 1959. The debriefing was conducted by Abram Shaknazarov, a veteran of the Soviet secret police since the 1920's. For the purposes of the interview, Shaknazarov posed as an official from OVIR (the Visa and Registration Agency) which technically was the conduit for Oswald's request to remain in the USSR. The interview lasted for approximately ninety minutes.

If, as Nechiporenko claims, Skaknazarov was a veteran of the security forces since the 1920's, he must have been a remarkable personality. He not only witnessed and participated in the Stalin purges of the 1930's, the Second World War, and the execution of his boss Beria following Stalin's death--but he also survived these events! (According to historian Robert Conquest, 20,000 Soviet security officers were shot in the Stalin purges--the majority being "old generation" NKVD officers like Shaknazarov.) How did as experienced a KGB officer as Shaknazarov miss the hints that Oswald was dropping in the previous days that he had something of value to offer the Soviets? Or did Oswald backtrack on his offer during the interview? As Shaknazarov is no doubt as dead as Oswald is today, we will probably never know until the KGB opens their file on the specifics of that interview.

Is Nechiporenko to be believed? Nechiporenko was a senior KGB officer who claims to have met (along with KGB officer Velery Kostikov) Oswald in Mexico City during his alleged visit to the Soviet Embassy there in 1963. Nechiporenko in writing his book, claims to have had access in 1992-1993 to some KGB files on Oswald. There is no doubt that Oleg Nechiporenko was a senior KGB officer in the highly sensitive Mexico KGB rezidentura. His history was well known prior to his book although nobody had known he had been with Kostikov during Oswald's visit at the Soviet Embassy. With the kind of seniority he enjoyed in the 1960's (he was expelled from Mexico in 1971) it is conceivable that by the 1990's he could have sufficient power in the KGB to be able to call on Oswald's files. Some (although not specifically this one) Nechiporenko's claims are being confirmed by the files released in 1999 by Yeltsin.

In Mailer's interview with Shirakova, she falls silent on what she and Oswald did on that day. Shirakova only says that on Tuesday evening she was informed that Oswald would not be allowed to remain in the USSR.

In his diary, Oswald writes:

Oct. 20. Rimma in the afternoon says Intourist was notified by the pass & visa department [OVIR] that they want to see me; I am excited greatly by this news.

On the same date, the deputy chief of the KGB, Alexander Perepelitsyn, signs a form letter from the KGB to the Supreme Soviet Secretary, stating that in their opinion, granting Oswald citizenship is "inadvisable" or "pointless." (netselesoobraznim) This is a term that will appear in Oswald's Soviet files for some time to come, which could mean both, "inadvisable" or "pointless." In interpreting the KGB's evaluation of Oswald as a potential defector, the ambiguity of the term will be problematic within the limited scope of the documents declassified in 1999. If "unadvisable" it may suggest that the KGB fears that Oswald might be a security threat; if "pointless" it suggests that Oswald is considered worthless as an intelligence source.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
By the 21st of October though, the day Lee's Visa runs out, and after various different interviews he was finally denied and was ordered to return home again. If this was indeed some Intelligence mission on his part, it was at this time that it failed.

Here is the declining letter, de-classified in 1999:

Whether his next action was an action taken out of desperation to stay, desperation to complete and further his mission or sheer depression at having to go back home, It's unclear... but Oswald seemingly tried to kill himself while in his hotel room.

Just before a meeting with his tour guide Rima, who had become Lee's only friend in the Soviet Union, he left a wound in his left wrist in an apparent suicide attempt. Remarkably for Oswald, it was this action which caused him to be allowed to stay longer here as he was immediately taken to hospital and he remained there until the 28th of October.

Please watch the very beginning of this fascinating video to hear Rimma's recollection of finding Oswald in a bathtub full of his own blood after previously slitting his left wrist:



This above video also explains how Oswald’s true love for communism was to be revealed also - and how It wasn't how we think it is today - as well as how the KGB saw him (they were suspicious of him as they quickly realized he wasn't a Marxist in anyway whatsoever thus immediately bringing up the question of why he was really here in the first place (Here as in the Soviet Union)).

In this video, Oswald's own brother, Robert, also goes onto explain how Oswald was disappointed upon his return to the US specifically because there were no reporters to greet him there - at this point, let me remind all those reading what David Bucknall had previously said in an interview about why Oswald was really in the Soviet Union:

"Oswald was to be discharged from the Marine Corps very soon and that he would surface in the Soviet Union. Oswald told Bucknell that he was being sent there on an assignment by American intelligence and that he would return to the United States in 1961 as a hero."

He would be seen as a hero upon his return in 1961 (Oswald ended up returning in 1962 still. Although It was 1961 when he started writing letters of how he didn't enjoy living in the soviet Union anymore and he expressed his willingness to return home). I theorize that due to the lack of media attention Oswald himself was expecting, this was the true reason for his disappointment. It never had anything to with Oswald having to leave a communist environment like some have claimed. He hated Communism and he left the Soviet Union, where he lived a much better life than that in the Unites States, on his own will.

Anyway, upon this apparent attempted suicide, one which obviously wasn't a genuine attempt at killing himself going from the severity of the wound he sustained, Oswald was placed in a psychiatry ward in a local hospital where Rima, his first friend and tour guide, repeatedly came to visit him. She recalls in 1991:

"He appeared pale but was sitting up on the edge of his bed. His arm was bandaged and in a sling. They joked lightly but never spoke of his "suicide attempt" then or later. His hotel room, she told Lee, was vacated of his things and assigned to somebody else. "

Oswald wrote in his diary, one that he was using during his entire time in the Soviet Union, of the events also:

Oct. 22. Hospital - I am in a small room with about 12 others (sick persons), 2 orderlies and a nurse. The room is very drab as well as the breakfast. Only after prolonged (2 hours) observation of the other patients do I realize I am in the Insanity ward. This realization disquiets me. Later in afternoon I am visited by Rimma. She comes in with two doctors. As interpreter she must ask me medical questions: Did you know what you were doing? Answer, "yes". Did you blackout? No, etc. I then complain about poor food; the doctors laugh, apparently this is a good sign. Later they leave. I am alone with Rimma (amongst the mentally ill) she encourages me and scolds me, she says she will help me get transferred to another section of the hospital (not for insane) where food is good.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
Here are the records of Oswald’s second ever (the previous one has been added previously in this thread) psychiatry analysis:

Here is, I believe, a medical report released by the USSR also:

Here is his rejection letter in PDF format also..

It seemed that since his Visa was about to run out, He was attempting to stall if anything... Oh, and it obviously worked as he was then allowed to remain in Soviet Russia. Assuming Oswald was indeed on some sort of Intelligence mission also, an interesting point to note is that he is alleged to have attempted to apply to the Lalumba University in Moscow. Upon rejection though, is when he seemed to make the decision to commit suicide or make it seem as so. Tying this in with the fact he was on his last day in Russia and this appeared to be a failed mission.

Why would this matter though? Well, the Lalumba University seemed to be no normal university; It seemed to be a breeding ground for revolutionaries and of great interest to American Intelligence. Please also watch the above video again as this university is briefly explained. Here is an interesting snippet also of what occurred after Oswald's "suicide attempt" as well as how he was being seen as highly suspicious by the KGB and suspected of being on some sort of Intelligence mission:

On October 31, Oswald appeared at the United States embassy in Moscow, declaring a desire to renounce his U.S. citizenship. John McVickar, an official at the U.S. embassy, felt that Oswald, "...was following a pattern of behavior in which he had been tutored by [a] person or persons unknown...seemed to be using words which he had learned but did not fully short, it seemed to me that there was a possibility that he had been in contact with others before or during his Marine Corps tour who had guided him and encouraged him in his actions."

Oswald told the interviewing officer at the U.S. embassy, Richard Snyder, "...that he had been a radar operator in the Marine Corps and that he had voluntarily stated to unnamed Soviet officials[when?] that as a Soviet citizen he would make known to them such information concerning the Marine Corps and his speciality as he possessed.

He intimated that he might know something of special interest." (Such statements led to Oswald's hardship/honorable military discharge being changed to undesirable.) The Associated Press story of the defection of a U.S. Marine to the Soviet Union was reported on the front pages of some newspapers in 1959.[36]

After this whole ordeal, Oswald was in fact eventually granted permission to remain in the soviet Union, as I previously mentioned, but on a "one-year temporary residency." He was shortly afterwards, in 1960, sent to Minsk to work as an assembler at a radio and television factory - something which seemingly distressed Oswald a great deal as he was hoping to be allowed to study in a University in Moscow. Or so he claimed (remember the nature of this university I briefly mentioned).

Rimma Shirakova states that he was deeply disappointed; Oswald hoped he would be allowed to study in University in Moscow. He wept bitterly, she said.

On January 4, 1960, Oswald was issued a Soviet internal passport, citing his citizenship as "stateless." It was valid for one year. He was given a one-time grant of 5000 old rubles ($500) to settle his hotel bill and purchase a train ticket for Minsk. There would also be a monthly subsidy of 70 new rubles ($70) from the Soviet Red Cross.

The fact he was so bitterly upset could potentially be down to the fact that his mission, if one really did exist, was for Moscow and being sent elsewhere was useless to him. He was also said to have been under constant surveillance for the duration of his time here as well.

However, It was also here that Oswald seemed to meet and then go onto marry, Marina Prusakova (see below).

What's particularly interesting about Marina and this marriage is that she and Oswald were to actually become married with-in a mere 6 weeks of meeting for the first time. It was also conveniently around this time that Oswald started becoming disillusioned with life in Russia and started showing signs that he wanted to leave and return to the US again.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
Marina originally moved to Minsk, the city where she met Oswald, in 1957 and lived with her uncle during her time here. Her uncle, Ilya Prusakova, actually worked at the Ministry of Internal Affairs (He was the American Equivalent of the FBI I believe) at this moment in time. Marina herself is also a very interesting and potentially suspicious character, some even believe her to be an agent for the KGB sent to spy in America. Ironic since Lee was potentially doing the same thing in Russia.

It was a mere month after telling an American Embassy that Lee decided that he wished to return home (odd since he was given a rather luxurious life while in Russia) that he was to meet 19 year old Marina Prusakova for the very first time. They met at a trade union dance at the palace of culture in Minsk.

They agreed to start going out on dates with each other and It was while Oswald was in hospital a few weeks later, and after only a few dates together, that, while in a bed at a hospital, he asked Marina to marry him which she of course accepted. It's unclear whether Marina herself was the target of an Intelligence mission as she may have held secrets her uncle possessed, or that she just wanted to leave the Soviet Union and start a new life or whether they really were in life, but like I said, a mere 6 weeks of meeting for the first time they both agreed to marry for whatever reason.

Over the years she's repeatedly changed almost every aspect of her story about how they met, how they married, what they did on certain dates etc., so It's difficult to ascertain exactly how it happened unfortunately. But we know it was on the 30th of April, around 2 weeks after Lee proposing, that they were to indeed marry.

Some have suggested that she was even a spy in charge of finding out information about Lee as at the time he was seen by authorities with a degree of suspicion. This potentially backed up by the fact that it was her uncle who pushed her to attend the dance where she met Lee in the first place. Who knows the true intentions, all we do know is nothing seems to add up or make sense.

Anyway, shortly after marriage Lee once again expressed his desire to once again return to the Unites States, this time with Marina his new wife. They also had a daughter on the way as well (could this explain why Oswald returned a year after he said he would, he was delayed?) - June Oswald - and together, they all left for the United States in 1962.

Return to the US


Image of Lee and Marina Oswald as they prepare to return to the United States.

Because Lee had technically not defected in the first place, on the 8th of June 1961 he boarded a plane to Moscow where he arrived at the American Embassy to retrieve his passport he had previously handed over. Due to the pregnancy of Marina the Oswald's also had to wait till May, 10th, 1962, before they heard from the American Embassy about their desire to leave and travel to America permanently. They were asked to come to Moscow together and sign the final papers. It was also here that Marina, according to Crossfire by Jim Marrs, started to "cool his attitude towards her", almost like he no longer acted like he was in love with her - again, this perhaps because he was working as an agent for the U.S. government.

Anyway, it was not until the 1st of June that they were finally allowed to leave. Oswald also signed a promissary note at the American Embassy for a repatriation loan of $435.71 and the family boarded a train that same evening on their long journey back to America. Much like the journey Lee had taken to reach the Soviet Union in the first place, his exit was full of unexplained anomalies. One of which was that the WC stated that they both, together, crossed the border out of Communist territory at Brest. Yet Marina's passport states it was at Helmstedt in East Germany. Weirdly yet Oswald had no passport stamp at Helmstedt at all.

This causing some to suggest they even took completely different routes. On some occasions they even stayed in a, according to Marina, "private apartment" with hosts who spoke English. Staying here on multiple nights as opposed to 1 like the Warren Commission claim. And so on. In fact members of the Warren Commission even called the stay "unexplained."

Some believe this was where Oswald was de-briefed on his apparent mission he undertook while in Russia. Others claim he was also de-briefed in Washington where he seemingly stopped off upon arriving in America, this mentioned briefly in the video "A closer look at Oswald" previously added to this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
Whether marina was involved in some sort of Intelligence work is unknown, but we do know that she without doubt believes that her husband Lee certainly was at some point. In her own words in an interview she conducted in, I believe 1988 (could be mistaken), she claimed: ''I'm not saying that Lee is innocent, that he didn't know about the conspiracy or was not a part of it, but I am saying he's not necessarily guilty of murder. At first, I thought that Jack Ruby (who killed Oswald two days after the assassination) was swayed by passion; all of America was grieving. But later, we found that he had connections with the underworld. Now, I think Lee was killed to keep his mouth shut.''

''I believe he worked for the American government... He was taught the Russian language when he was in the military. Do you think that is usual, that an ordinary soldier is taught Russian? Also, he got in and out of Russia quite easily, and he got me out quite easily.''

Marina later remarried and became known as Marina Oswald Porter. In the 1990s she became involved in a campaign to clear the name if her former husband. In April 1996 she wrote that: "At the time of the assassination of this great president whom I loved, I was misled by the "evidence" presented to me by government authorities and I assisted in the conviction of Lee Harvey Oswald as the assassin. From the new information now available, I am now convinced that he was an FBI informant and believe that he did not kill President Kennedy."

I haven't been able to obtain this video, I believe it was taken off of YouTube and is now nowhere to be seen (as far as I could find anyway). This being so, here is another interesting interview of Marina Oswald by interviewer Jack Anderson that I did manage to find:



In the above video she explains that everything good she learnt about Kennedy, she knew through Lee - weird for someone who is blamed for murdering him really.. unless he wasn't the killer at all. In the above video she also highlights that he often met her uncle, the equivalent of an FBI agent in the KGB.

Anyway, upon the return to the US by both Oswald and Marina.. not forgetting their daughter whom was born in Russia, June Oswald Porter, Lee seemed disappointed stepping off the plane according to his brother who greeted him on arrival. And at this time, please let me refresh your memory once more about a certain interview I previously highlighted.

The part of this interview of interest here is bolded:

Regarding Oswald’s tour of duty in Japan, Bucknell can only report what Oswald recounted to him. However, he was involved directly with Oswald in an intelligence effort when they both were at MACS-9. In1959 Oswald, Bucknell and others were ordered to report to the Criminal Investigation (CID) at the base. There a civilian began an effort aimed at recruiting those present for an intelligence operation against “Communists” in Cuba. Oswald was selected to make several additional trips to CID. Later he told Bucknell that the civilian who served as his contact or control at Atsugi had taken over the same job at Santa Ana. Still later, Oswald confided to Bucknell that he, Oswald was to be discharged from the Marine Corps very soon and that he would surface in the Soviet Union. Oswald told Bucknell that he was being sent there on assignment by American intelligence and that he would return to the United States in 1961 as a hero.

Lee desired his willingness to return in 1961 but was delayed by his new wife and now child, if it wasn't for them he almost certainly would've arrived in 1961 like he claimed he would. He also was asking his brother where the reporters were and he had allegedly previously informed a marine buddy that upon his return he would be hailed as a hero upon stepping on American soil again. Again I theorize that if this was indeed true, the serious lack of attention was the true reason behind Oswald being disappointed here. He didn't get the attention he was promised.. Or was expecting to receive.

So, maybe there really was something in what was said in this past interview, particularly when It was mentioned Oswald was sent to the Soviet Union on an Intelligence mission. He did stay for a very short period of time after all and let's not forget he married and then moved to the united states once again, and with tremendous ease, after only meeting Marina, whom was close to her Uncle who was working as the equivalent of an FBI spy, 6 weeks prior.

All of this potentially giving us reason to believe there is some truth to this previous interview which states Oswald was working with the Unites States government all along at this point - much like his hero, Herbert Philbrick who gained national recognition for his undercover spy work.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
Here are some video's of Marguerite Oswald (Lee's Mother) reading out the letters she received from Oswald, which may be of interest at this point also:









General Walker, Cuba, The FBI and a Patsy


By early 1963, and now living in America once again - this time with his new Russian wife and daughter, Oswald supposedly began planning an assassination attempt, although this one was not in any way against the President of the United States, but instead against Major General Edwin Anderson Walker (see below).

This was not as It would seem though. One crucial part of this incident is that Oswald wasn't ever suspected of the assassination attempt on the life of Walker until after the assassination of the President and J. D. Tippit themselves which was where Lee was arrested for his alleged participation. He had also been shot and killed a mere 2 days after these 2 men. Despite there even being witness's to the shooting also, Oswald was actually never suspected until he met his own demise. This simple fact alone giving us a reason to be suspicious really. Of course It's not enough to say he wasn't involved though..

One witness was, I believe, a teenager called Kirk Coleman and he recalled seeing not 1, but 2 men attempt to make their escape from the residence of Ring winger General Walker, the assassination attempt taking place at approximately 10 minutes past 9 that evening on the 10th of April 1963. The general was wounded by a snipers shot that went straight through the front window of the first floor of his Dallas home where he was sat, although he survived. Coleman claimed one stopped to place something in the back of his Ford sedan and then they both drove off in different cars after the shot had taken place.

I'll note at this point that Oswald couldn't drive therefore further cause for the suspicion as to whether he really was involved in this assassination attempt has to be raised. The fact that 2 men are seemingly involved is evidence of a conspiracy taking place anyway, assuming the young Coleman is correct.

The bullet fired seemingly provides a problem for the Oswald theory also as the recovered bullet was quoted as being a "30.06", not one from Oswald's Carcano Rifle he had purchased not long before. In fact in 1975 George Michael Evica received the FBI spectographic analyses of a bullet and bullet fragments recovered from the assassination investigation which doesn't connect Oswald to the shooting, and if he was the shooter he certainly didn't use the gun he had just purchased to do the job.

...The bullet recovered in the Assassination attempt on General Walker does not match either CE 399 or two fragments recovered from President Kennedy's limousine; the Warren Commission's linking of Lee Harvey Oswald to the General Walker assassination attempt is seriously weakened.

A few nights prior to the assassination taking place his [General Walker's] aid's apparently even saw suspicious activity in the area, particularly suspicious activity from people other than Oswald. It's claimed Robert Surrey, an aide, saw at least 2 men "prowling around the house and peeking in windows." He claims they were driving a 1963 ford with no license plate. Another night a "Cuban or dark-complected" man was seen around Walker's home also.

One of the key pieces of "evidence" placing Oswald as a suspect in the first place was because of what he apparently had in his possession after his arrest in November of 1963. He, according to investigators, had in his possession photos of Walkers home, one of which was this one below:

What's particularly odd about this photo is the rather large black mark completely covering the plate number - authorities tried to claim this was done by Oswald to avoid detection.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
FBI's R. B. Stovell was quoted as saying:

At the time he observed the photograph [the detective] surmised that Oswald had evidently taken the license plate number area out of the photograph to keep anyone from identifying the owner of that automobile. He advised he is positive the photograph was mutilated as shown in Commission Exhibit 5 at the time they recovered it at the Paine residence.

Marinas Oswald however clamed this to the Warren Commission:

When the FBI first showed me this photograph, I remember that the license plate, the number of the license plate was on the car, on this photograph. It had the white and black numbers. There was no black spot that I see on it now. When Lee showed me this photograph there was the number on the license plate on this picture... This black spot is so striking I would have remembered it if it were on the photograph that Lee showed me or the FBI... There was no hole in the original when they showed it to me - I'm positive of it.

Thankfully we now know for a fact that Marina was not lying when she said she saw the photograph without the black mark on it and that Lee couldn't have done it like they tried to make out. The truth came out in 1969 in fact with the publication of Jesse Curry's "JFK Assassination file." On page 113 is a police photograph of Oswald's belongings and in the photograph is the picture of Walker's home without the black mark on it covering the license plate thus proving he couldn't have done it himself. Stovell was lying..

The fact that Oswald was implicated in the plot to assassinate General Walker only after he had been arrested and subsequently killed and was therefore un-able to defend himself is quite telling really. It's also quite convenient that he would be involved in this plot as it was used as evidence to further show how he went onto assassinate John F. Kennedy and J. D. Tippit also.

Anyway, after this supposed Assassination attempt, Oswald moved to New Orleans claiming that finding a job in Texas was proving too difficult. Once here he began writing to the Fair Play for Cuba committee, a pro Castro organisation and an organisation of interest to American Intelligence, and he then eventually started "renting a small office at my own expense for the purpose of forming a FPCC branch here in New Orleans" despite the director of this organisation in New York requesting that he do no such thing.

Three days later, without waiting for a reply, Oswald then went onto order appropriately 1,000 copies of a handbill from a local printers. It read: "Hands Off Cuba! Join the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, New Orleans Charter Member Branch, Free Literature, Lectures, Everyone Welcome!" These leaflets were also stamped "FPCC. 544 Camp Street. New Orleans, La."

Oswald rented an office for the FPCC at 544 Camp Street - A side entrance to 531 Lafayette street - The same office used by the private detective firm of Guy Banister who's employees included David Ferrie (another connection between Oswald and Ferrie long after the civil air patrol) and Jack martin. This building also housed many shady organisations, and particularly Cuban Exiles and Anti-Castro groups. In fact the whole street was known as the "Cuban Grand Central Station" making it a particularly odd office location for Oswald.

Delphine Roberts, an employee of Guy Banister was quoted as saying:

I knew he had his pamphlets and books and everything in a room along from where we were without photographic equipment. He was quiet and mostly kept to himself, didn't associate with too many people. He would just tell us "Hello or "good-bye" when we saw him. I never saw him talking to Guy Banister, but I knew he worked in his office. I knew they were associated. I saw some other men who looked like Americans coming and going occasionally from the room Oswald used... I got the impression Oswald was doing something to make people believe he was something he wasn't. I am sure Guy Banister knew what Oswald was doing...

Guy, according to Delphine, once told her "Don't worry about him... He's with us. He's associated with the office.

Sometime in mid August, Oswald was involved in an incident while handing out these leaflets. A very public fight broke out between him and a Cuban man called Carlos Bringuier, an Anti-Castro involved with groups of this nature. Previously Oswald had walked into a store owned by Bringuier and offered to train Cuban exiles for him, mentioning his "Marine experiences." He showed his determination by repeatedly returning over the next few days also, even giving Bringuier his old training manuals. He was, I believe skeptical though as he had already been warned that "agents" may try to infiltrate his Anti-Castro group and Oswald may have been one of those people.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
Many researchers believe this was exactly what Oswald was doing as 3 days after originally offering to help, aid and train Anti-Castro Cuban Exiles for Bringuier he was seen outside handing out Pro Castro leaflets, the very ones he had previously ordered from Guy Banisters office where Bringuier frequented. The Fair Play for Cuba Committee was to be closed down for around 90 days particularly due to this incident.

An image of Oswald handing out these leaflets:

Some suspected this of being a mere cover as while in jail, for which Oswald and the others were charged with disturbing the peace, Oswald was visited by an FBI agent by the name of John Quigley - odd that an FBI agent was visiting him for such a minor offence really. Due to this visit some suspect that Oswald, who it is believed to have already been on an Intelligence mission or undercover work of some sort, was debriefed in this meeting. Lt. Francis Martello claimed on the potential of this fight being a set up of some sort: "He [Oswald] seemed to have them set up to create an incident."

A few days after this incident, Bringuier and Oswald actually got the chance to debate each other on the Bill Stuckey Radio Show - this debate was widely used against Oswald to prove he was Pro-Communist like he's believed to be, even today. This debate was also where it was revealed that Oswald had defected to Russia previously. Upon being challenged Oswald replied with "I was under the protection of the.. uh... that is to say, I was not under the protection of the American Government... but I was at all times considered an American citizen." This small slip could show that Oswald was in fact working with the U.S. all along, or perhaps it was a simple mistake, who knows. This debate between the men can be heard here:



What's actually rather interesting about incident, and one which causes even more suspicions, is that Oswald seemingly wrote about the fight between himself and Bringuier (or "being attacked by Cuban Exiles") occurring 5 days before It actually had done. It seemed if anything, that this was a staged fight. Further enhanced by the FBI agent visiting Oswald while in jail and then Oswald being given a public format with the debate.

Anyway, by September of 1963, a mere 2 months before the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Lee and Marina Oswald made the decision to move to Dallas, Texas to have their second child and to live with a woman called Ruth Paine - The Oswald's and Ruth had previously met in February of 1963 after being introduced by CIA man George de Mohrenschildt who got on well with the Oswald's due to their Russian background as he himself was Russian. Coincidentally he also knew the Kennedy's on a personal level I believe.

Before going to Dallas with his wife though, Oswald began visiting Mexico City where he then seemingly attempted to obtain permission to travel to Cuba. This was turned down and after trying to obtain a visa to once more return to the Soviet Union he arrived in Dallas in October, 1963 to join his wife.

Lee, now looking for work in Dallas Texas, registers as O.H. Lee at a new rooming house on North Beckley. Later, Ruth mentions to a group of neighbours that he is having trouble finding work. One of the ladies, Linnie Mae Randle, mentioned a possible opening at the Texas School Book Depository - Ruth then went about helping him get a job here which is significant as this was the building where the shots are suspected to have been fired from by Lee on November 22nd, 1963. His rifle is also claimed to have been found on the 6th floor shortly after the assassination had taken place.

Ruth, obviously, playing a major role in this case as it was her who helped the Oswald family get to Dallas and it was her who helped Lee get a job in the Texas School Book Depository building.

Ruth Paine was a key witnesses for the Warren Commission and provided detailed information on the activities of Marina Oswald and Lee Harvey Oswald before the assassination. Jim Garrison later suggested that Ruth Paine might have been involved in setting Oswald up as the "patsy". Garrison points out that Paine's father " had been employed by the Agency for International Development, regarded by many as a source of cover for the C.I.A. Her brother-in-law was employed by the same agency in the Washington, D.C. area." He also claims that he had tried to "examine the income tax returns of Ruth and Michael Paine, but I was told that they had been classified as secret.... What was so special about this particular family that made the federal government so protective of it?"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
(Source for the text in the last post)

November 22nd, 1963 - The Assassination


As I've made it more than clear up until this point, I'm under the impression that Oswald was not a communist like he's claimed to have been over the years, particularly by the Warren Commission. Instead I believe he was an "agent" and was working for the Unites States government all along, something his mother and his wife Marina, the closest people to him, also strongly believed.

This being so, I also don't believe he fired 3 shots from the Texas school book depository building fatally striking Kennedy as it's also claimed. In fact I don't believe he fired a single shot. Whether he was involved in the assassination in some way though, be it undercover, or through some sort of spy work or not, It's unclear but still quite possible really..

Now, It's no lie that Oswald was at the very least inside the building before, during and in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. That's un-debatable really. After being asked by reporters after he is captured, he himself even states that "naturally I would be in that building" not to forget countless people saw him there so there really isn't any dispute about him being there at the time he's said to have been there. But It seems as though Oswald was in no position to shoot anybody still.

For example when Police Officer Marion Baker ran into the building immediately after the assassination, he, as well as Roy Truly (Oswald's Boss), even saw him on the second floor "standing around calmly and drinking a coke" - Baker encountered Truly upon entering the building I believe and as the lifts were stuck on the 5th floor at the time (which in itself means Oswald couldn't have made an escape from the 6th floor to any other) he directed him up the building which was where they encountered Oswald all within 90 seconds at the very latest.

Moving up the building after this encounter they were to resurface here again with-in 10 minutes or so.. at which point Oswald was now gone. It was his absence which seemingly put him in a suspicious light as immediately after his encounter with Baker he went onto leave the building and attempt to catch a nearby bus. Even so around 15 others who worked here are said to have been missing at this time also I believe so It can potentially be seen as a little bit odd as to why Oswald was solely seen as suspicious upon his absence here.

Anyway, here's an interesting interview with Baker, the officer who was first in the building after the assassination:



This video also goes onto bring up an interesting point. Since they had somehow obtained an incredibly detailed description of Oswald - one which was very detailed indeed, why wasn't his name ever cast over the radio broadcast? Instead they decided to use the term "an unknown white male" one whom fit the description of Oswald very well. Truly for example would've known his name.. he was his boss.

Also, as was mentioned already, Oswald wasn't even the only one missing here. It's claimed that around 15 others were missing or unaccounted for. So again, I have to ask, why was Oswald and Oswald alone focused on at this time? Why did Baker immediately pick him out with no apparent reason to do so? And so on..

Jack Edward Dougherty - one of the few people who saw Oswald enter the building in the first place also claimed Oswald has absolutely nothing in his possession at this time. Yet Oswald was seen with a paper bag while travelling to work that day - whether this was a gun, I doubt it anyway. Various witnesses report seeing men with rifles on the morning of the assassination around Dealey Plaza also. An interesting source:

The Guns of Dealey Plaza

A women called Carolyn Arnold is reported to have seen Oswald in the Lunch room at approximately 12:15 - 12:25. This would leave Oswald very little time (as the president was shot at approximately 12:30 and was running 5 minutes late) to make his way to the sixth floor, find and assemble his rifle, shoot the president of the United States 3 times, hide his weapon (which was reportedly incredibly well hidden) on the other side of the room, and then return to the second floor, have time to get his breath back, pour himself a coke and then look totally relaxed... all without a single witness seeing him accomplish this feat achieved in less than 2 minutes, not forgetting various different witnesses saw an individual (some say two) standing in the snipers nest looking out over Dealey Plaza.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
Carolyn Arnold was of course quite conveniently, among others, left out of the Warren Commition's investigations. Anyway, here is part 2 of the above video. It discusses more anomalies centered around the witnesses and what they saw and It's certainly worth watching:



It seems Oswald was quite possibly a part of the conspiracy, particularly as he immediately left the building - although some have suggested he was an agent and was looking to arrest those involved in the plot as Lee now knew it had obviously just taken place. It's also worth pointing out that this building, as we all know, was not the only location to be a suspected shooting position, instead the Grassy knoll was where many of the witnesses to the assassination believed the shots had come from.

Billy Lovelady, one of those who was even on the steps of the TSDB:

On 22nd November, 1963, Lovelady was working on the 6th Floor of the Texas School Book Depository. He was sitting on the steps outside the building when President John F. Kennedy and his motorcade went past. He told the Warren Commission that the shooting came from "that concrete little deal on that knoll". Afterwards, Lovelady and his friends ran towards the Grassy Knoll but they went sent back by the police in that area.

I would assume that the very fact the witnesses ran up the grassy knoll is some cause for suspicion, really. It's suspected by some that guns were fired from 2 separate locations 1.) From behind the Limousine perhaps using some sort of sound suppressor thus why there’s no real reaction from anyone and B.) Another more powerful rifle from the Grassy Knoll. Even those in the Motorcade such as Roy Kellerman, and Ralph Yarborough claimed the shots had come from the Knoll as opposed to solely the TSDB.

Anyway, we know that Oswald did escape from the TSDB in the immediate aftermath of the assassination taking place, just before It was closed off by authorities, and the first thing this alleged assassin of a Unites States President did was.. get on a local bus. Here is an interview with the Bus driver who picked Oswald up; he explains his behaviour and attitude at this time:



As the traffic had come to a standstill at this time, Oswald then left the bus after advancing around 2 blocks. He then went onto hail a cab. Here is an interview with the cab driver who picked up Oswald:



Oswald was looking to travel to his rooming house owned by a woman called Earlene Roberts, he did so seemingly to pick up a few things, one of which was a revolver gun. This potentially backs up the theory that if Oswald was already a part of an undercover mission, one which was perhaps infiltrating a group who was plotting to murder Kennedy, he was then on his way to arrest them as the mission had failed and the President was now dead.. it's also worth noting that Oswald was travelling to Oak Cliff, the very same place where Jack Ruby, his eventual killer, also lived. If this theory is correct then we can maybe assume that Ruby was stalking Oswald upon his arrest in order to kill him forever, in his mind, clearing his name from the plot to murder Kennedy.

While at the rooming house however something quite odd occurred according to Roberts’ testimony. While Oswald was inside, arriving here at around 1pm, he stayed a few minutes before weirdly a police car had turned up outside the house, waited a little bit, then beeped the horn twice and suddenly drove off. Oswald then left shortly after this incident.

I believe she also recalled the car number matching that of none other than Officer J. D. Tippit, the man Oswald had apparently shot dead around 14/15 minutes later (despite many witnesses giving a description of 2 men being involved as well as a description that didn't match Oswald).

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
Here's something interesting to note about how Roberts was said to have been treated after this claim of hers:

In an article published in Ramparts, David Welsh claims that Roberts was subjected to intensive police harassment. "They visited her at all hours of the day and night, contacted her employers and identified her as the Oswald rooming house lady. As a result she was dismissed from three housekeeping and nursing jobs in April, May and June of 1964 alone; no telling how many jobs she lost after that."

Earlene Roberts died of a heart attack in Parkland Hospital on 9th January, 1966.

Well "they" apparently did the exact same thing to many others, including Hank Killam causing him to lose countless jobs also. Well, then he was found with his throat cut after receiving a mysterious phone call in which he rushed out the house only to be later found in a pool of his own blood on a nearby sidewalk.

On the night of the 22nd, something scared Roberts so much so that she even left this rooming house (see the video below). Anyway, the official story states that Roberts suffered a heart attack in 1966. She later died in the same hospital as Kennedy and also Oswald.

Here is an interesting video interview of Roberts on Oswald:



Police Officer Jefferson Davis Tippit


According to most witnesses (Please see some of the video interviews of some of these witnesses below) Officer J.D.Tippit stopped his car in Oak Clift on 10th street, approximately 40 - 45 minutes after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. He is said to have stopped in order to talk to one particular gentleman who technically has never fully been recognized as the man suspected of the shooting, Lee Harvey Oswald.

It's claimed Tippit got out of his car, approached a man resembling Oswald, (Remember at this point Oswald went back to the rooming house, picked up a few things and was later found with a gun in his possession), spoke to him briefly, and before he knew it he was shot approximately 4 times. One of which was to the temple proving to be a fatal shot.

With almost everything else relating Oswald to a serious crime in this case, certain anomalies can be found. The J. D. Tippit murder is certainly no different in the slightest. He was, on the day of the assassination, said to have just been situated at a nearby gas station (the Gloco Gas Station), simply waiting. He was seemingly on the lookout for something. It's said he was looking in the general direction of the route which is followed by Houston Street where Kennedy previously was.

Then he randomly seemed to speed off all of a sudden, before at arpproximately 12:45 - 1:00 pm, he sped to a local shop where he frantically asked to use a phone which was at the counter, pushing others out of the way in the process. Upon dialling an unknown number and receiving no answer, Tippit then once more ran outside, pushing people out of the way yet again, got in his car and sped off once more. Witnesses say he was upset. Then according to a man called James A. Anderson, Tippit came up behind him in his car shortly after this incident, and forcibly caused him to stop by the roadside by cutting directly in front of his car.

He then ran out to the car, frantically looked inside, and once more looked extremely disappointed. Without saying a word to Anderson, he got back inside his car and sped off. It was after all of this incredibly suspicious behaviour that Tippit supposedly had his encounter with Oswald where he was shot dead. We have to ask, assuming this encounter is true, who was he looking for? Was he involved in the assassination and then had a sudden change? Did he know who was involved and was looking for them?..

This anomaly is but one. Another one claimed by some researchers is the short time span Oswald would've had to reach the location of Tippit in order to kill him in the first place. This being so, I do very much so believe this video here can shed some light on this issue, how the route occurred, and of course, which routes are possible:



According to the above video, Oswald did indeed have enough time.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
Here is yet more interesting videos with go into detail on the issues I mentioned above relating to J.D.Tippit and also Lee Harvey Oswald. Please take the time to watch:



Here are some of the witnesses to the shooting and what they saw which is of interest:







Here is the most interesting of them all:



It seems that Oswald was not the shooter of J. D. Tippit according to what most of the witnesses seem to say - despite him possibly being able to follow the route in the given timeline. The descriptions given don’t match.

One witness even placed Oswald in the theatre he was arrested in before the Assassination of J. D. Tippit had even occurred. It's claimed Oswald was in this building at around 1:07pm according to this witness. And the man J.D. Tippit had stopped was at approximately 1:11–1:14 pm:



Arrested In The Theater


By this time (shortly after the assassination of J. D. Tippit) Oswald now seemingly attempted to gain access to the nearby Texas Theatre building on West Jefferson. According to John Brewer, a manager of a local store, there was a man acting suspiciously in the area: "The police cars were racing up and down Jefferson with their sirens blasting and it appeared to me that this guy was hiding from them. He waited until there was a break in the activity and then he headed west until he got to the Texas Theatre."

He then seemingly ran in without paying, ran to a move already playing and attempted to blend in it would seem. As the police were in the area due to the shooting they arrived at the theatre quite quickly after being called. One of the many officers, Nick McDonald, who went into the theatre was then pointed towards Oswald, situated near the back of the theatre - Nick being the very same officer who a couple of weeks later was assigned to protect Marina Oswald, Lee's Russian wife.

Anyway, firstly some people who were sitting closer to McDonald, situated nearer the centre of the theatre were searched, then It came to Oswald. He was situated further along. McDonald asked him to "get on his feet" which Oswald did raising his hands also, then upon being searched, Oswald was said to have cried out, "Well, it's all over now." hinting that he was about to surrender before he struck the officer with his left hand.

Due to this a scuffle between them broke out before more officers could come in and subdue Oswald. It appears he was looking for his gun, presumably to shoot McDonald. He, the officer, felt something graze across his hand at one point during this "fight", and heard what sounded like the snap of the hammer - something confirmed by other witnesses (around 10 others were in this theatre at the time) as well as some of the other officers sent in. McDonald also claimed to have felt the pistol scratch his cheek as he wrenched it away from Oswald. Images of him after this incident can confirm this proving Oswald had indeed taken the pistol out of his pocket and was seemingly about to use it against the police officers.

Here is the seat where Oswald was arrested as shown today:

Upon being taken out from the theatre, Oswald was heard to be crying out and claiming Police Brutality against him, he also made sure to clearly yell out that he "was not resisting arrest." Some researchers believe he did this specifically so that he wouldn't be shot by the police officers as he feared this knowing the true extent of what role he has played in this plot.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:06 AM

"... As Oswald, handcuffed, was led from the theatre, he was, according to McDonald, 'cursing a little bit and hollering police brutality.'

This photograph (The one I have added above) depicts Oswald on his way to the police car. " At 1:51 p.m., police car 2 reported by radio that it was on the way to headquarters with the suspect" [for the murder of Officer Tippit, not for the assassination of the President].
(Source) (bolded text above is my own text)

Here is an interesting video interview with the same officer who arrested Oswald. The one who Oswald struck:



What's particularly interesting about Oswald's time in the theatre is 1.) He actually stopped off here in the first place. Now, this is just an assumption on my part, but surely Oswald could've found a much better place to hide? Surely a public place would be the last place on his mind assuming he just shot a President and now a police officer a mere 2 blocks away. And 2. ) Oswald showed signs of odd behaviour specifically in this theatre. Odd in the sense that he was actually moving from seat to seat, trying to get close enough to have a good look at some of the other individuals already here.

It's almost as If he specifically jumped into this theatre and then specifically went to one of the movies on show at the time. I believe he had enough time to eventually sit near almost every single person in this theatre before resting in one particular spot as If he was expecting to meet someone but he wasn't entirely sure who. Some have suggested that Oswald was looking for someone, as he was under cover, to give him his next instructions. After all, It's an almost perfect place. It's big, they can talk quiet, it's dark and this particular theatre was almost empty..

Surely, if he was indeed guilty, and he wasn't looking for anyone in particular, he would've just sat down quietly would he not? Not drawing attention to himself in such a way.

The Making Of A Patsy


It was now approximately 2pm on the 22nd of November, 1963 when Lee Harvey Oswald, having allegedly murdered 2 people previously, as well as being dramatically arrested in a theatre, eventually arrived at a police station where he would be subject to questioning and interrogation on the day’s events thus far. Primarily the assassination of Officer J. D. Tippit which is what he was originally arrested for in the first place, not the assassination of JFK.

Quite late on, and after some questioning under Interrogation at this point, Oswald was then to come face to face with a horde of media reporters keen to ask him further questions. It was these questions that Oswald declared that he had not been arrested for the murder of the President but that: "No, I have not been charged with that. In fact, nobody has said that to me yet. The first thing I heard about it was when the newspaper reporters in the hall asked me that question." and It was here that he claimed to have been arrested for living in the soviet union (on what appears to have been an American Intelligence mission), and then he goes on to cry out that: "I'm just a patsy!"

Here are the short hallway interviews he conducted in which he maintains his innocence







Here's one of Oswald’s final Interviews in front of the media, the famous midnight press conference:



Oswald was, as was mentioned, said to have undergone strenuous Interrogation on many different occasions in the short time between his arrest and his own shooting at the hands of Jack Ruby in Dallas Police Headquarters (who could be seen pretending to be a reporter getting close to Oswald on the 22nd in the police station, perhaps this was when he was to shoot him), although of course we have absolutely no records of this interrogation, or any other, as they were seemingly destroyed for reasons unknown.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

log in