It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McCain Says U.S. May Consider Military Action in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sen. McCain Says U.S. May Consider Military Action in Syria

www.foxnews.com

"Now that military operations in Libya are ending, there will be renewed focus on what practical military operations might be considered to protect civilian lives in Syria," McCain said at the World Economic Forum in Jordan. "The Assad regime should not consider that it can get away with mass murder. Qaddafi made that mistake and it cost him everything,"...

"Iran's rulers would be wise to heed similar counsel," McCain said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This seems like it is getting a bit extreme. Libya is one thing, but we're starting to mess with the big boys in the Middle East. It's pretty easy to see where this is going, and I don't even think I'd need John Titor to help me out on that one (not that I like him at all).

Syria? And Iran too? Ahmadinejad talking is one thing, but he just talks. These other folks talk and then they do something.. but I think they're getting in a little over their head here.

I recall reading something where some guy claiming to be a "State Department Employee" stated that drone attacks against Syria are set to start later this week. I guess we just have to wait and see..

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-10-2011 by MegaCurious because: gimme a break

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
well... i suppose there is one good reason to be happy Obama won..... that McCain lost.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

was thinking that myself. That old war mongering bastard is like a terd that won't flush.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Oh barf, McCain, McChurian!

The globalists' mouthpiece passes gas again.

He's wailing about Assad abusing citizens when McClueless' bosses are planning on exterminating billions of people down to a 200 million global population?

What a hypocritical farce.

They will go into Syria to further their globalist manipulations of the planet toward their global tyrannical satanic government.

Assad has evidently been set up to provide an excuse for them to do what they've long planned to do.

They must really laugh their heads of at what a stinking pile of farce they get the planet to swallow. . . . swallow . . . either end.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Senator Vietnam FrankenCain will always side with the warmongers. He dropped bombs on huts, how can we ever hope to go back to being a peaceful nation with men like him at the top?

I think the region can breathe easy for a bit, the military needs to re arm and the Big Corps. are busy carving up their newest conquest.

As soon as Libya's oil infrastructure is squared away, the Middle East can begin to sweat again.

And any mention of who's next is just dis information released to keep everyone guessing who the next VICTIM will be.

And you can believe there will be a next, and a next until the world cries enough and unites to defeat the current Empire.

Just like they did in the days of Cesaer, Alexander, Napolean, and Hitler.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The Kenyan imposter is merely the designated Destroyer in Chief . . . as he was reared, trained, and commissioned to do.

McCain/McChurian would have merely been a wimpier, more passive . . . maybe more passive aggressive globalist stooge.

McCain probably has to get permission to pass gas.

The Kenyan imposter dares not speak much without his teleprompter and globalist scripts.

However, the Kenyan seems to exalt and thrill at destruction. His blood lust for death and destruction are truly globalist 'qualities' well ingrained and owned . . . clearly from tons of ATTACHMENT DISORDER in his early life.

edit on 23/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was talking to my gf's dad today and totally called this. Then I sign on and see McCain was talking about it also.

After starting off democracy in Libya the American way (beating, sodomizing, and murdering a 70 year old man, LOOKING GOOD GUYS!) we move on.

Syria then slow building, long term actions in Pakistan. Then after Iraq is clear and Israel is ready, Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Big deal. He's a senator.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You gotta listen to McCain.

How many Navy aircraft were destoyed in his presence?

He isn't a jinx though, he does not have dementia and he is not a puppet of the Zionist scum who pay for his political campaigns.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Syria is the logical next step.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This news is about ten years old to anyone in the know.

PNAC

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dear McCain,

As I am sure you already know the USA is not in the business to "protect civilians" And for my argument I do not have the numbers in front of me but I am sure the USA killed more civilians then the enemy.

Skipper

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
John McCain is so out of the loop he wanted to arm Libya and sell them weapons and aircraft. What happened to his plan to do that. Oh they had NATO attack them and kill the guy McCain liked so much. Remeber he even thought the economy was in great shape and then look what happened. So I would suggest listening to some one else for a change. This guy just does not know whats going on in the world. Hell he does not even know how many houses he has.
edit on 23-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

They're all in this together.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
what would happen with the Russian naval base in Syria is that if attacked by accident, Russia would have full access to be in Syria

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just more saber rattling. Senator McCain has to put in his two cents from time to time to remain relevant. He is in the twilight of his political career. This idea of perpetual war is ludicrous and the US is not the world's police man! When will these politicians realize that? Every time the US engages in a military operation their competitors are taking notes. During the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan the Chinese were keeping tabs on how the US conducted those conflicts.

Study: China readying for conflict

Chinese leaders have taken note of the U.S. military strategy and performance in recent conflicts including Bosnia, Kosovo and Iraq, and have identified several points they may use to upgrade their own military doctrine.

So much for the element of surprise? This behavior is like a coach showing the other coach the playbook before the big game. What the hell are they thinking? The US is about to scale down operations in Iraq, and now he is beating the war drum to escalate in Syria? Does the US even have the manpower, money, and resources to tackle another conflict in the Middle East? Moreover, what is the strategic necessity for military operations in Syria? I have a hard time finding any?

I think Senator McCain needs to find a nice cozy retirement home and start playing bridge or whatever the fossils like to do. Besides I thought the Russians have been pressuring Assad to tone it down, because his antics are bad for business. Why don't the US/EU take a pass on this one, and wait and see if someone else can bring it under control.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sen. Mc Idiot Cain,Do you know that Russia has a naval base in Syria.An attack on Syria could be tantamount to an Attack on Russia.The Russian General staff will in such event use preemptive nuclear,chemical and biological weapon attacks against Western forces.You will not survive yourself.

Are you willing to risk that?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
that pathological russophobe can provoke nuclear armageddon war USA vs RF

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Russia–Syria relations refers to the bilateral relationship between the two countries, Russia and Syria. Russia has an embassy in Damascus and a consulate in Aleppo, and Syria has an embassy in Moscow. As with most of the Arab countries, Russia enjoys a historically strong and stable friendly relationship with Syria.

Economic relations

Russia has significant trade relations with Syria. Its exports to Syria were worth $1.1 billion in 2010 and its investments in the country were valued at $19.4 billion in 2009 according to The Moscow Times.[7][8] Besides lucrative arms contracts worth at least $4 billion, Russian firms have a substantial presence in Syria's infrastructure, energy and tourism industries.[5] Stroitransgaz, a natural gas facility construction company, has the largest Russian operation in Syria. In 2010, it was involved in projects worth $1.1 billion and had a staff of 80 Russians working in Syria. Stroitransgaz is building a natural gas processing plant 200 kilometers east of Homs in the Al-Raqqa region and is involved in technical support for the construction of the Arab Gas Pipeline. Tatneft is the most significant Russian energy firm in Syria. The company began in 2010 through a joint venture with the Syrian national oil company to pump Syrian oil and it planned to spend $12 million on exploratory wells near the Iraqi border.[7] Other firms with large business interests in Syria include steel pipe manufacturer TMK, gas producer ITERA, and national carrier Aeroflot.

en.wikipedia.org...

The US best tread lightly going into Syria, as I can see this turning into one big #storm. Russia will protect Russian interests in the region.

The Syrian port city of Tartus hosts a Soviet-era naval supply and maintenance base, under a 1971 agreement with Syria. The base was established during the Cold War to support the Soviet Navy's fleet in the Mediterranean Sea. Since Russia forgave Syria of three-fourths, or $9.8 billion, of its $13.4 billion Soviet-era debt and became its main arms supplier, Russia and Syria have conducted talks about allowing Russia to develop and enlarge its naval base, so that Russia can strengthen its naval presence in the Mediterranean.[1] Amid Russia's deteriorating relations with the West, because of the 2008 South Ossetia War‎ and plans to deploy a US missile defense shield in Poland, President Assad agreed to the port’s conversion into a permanent Middle East base for Russia’s nuclear-armed warships.[2] Since 2009, Russia has been renovating the Tartus naval base and dredging the port to allow access for its larger naval vessels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join