It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full size of the Moai Statues! (Easter Island)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Hi I would recommend Graham Hancock's books, they are all brilliantly researched and Thor Heyerdahl. If you look in the bibliography for Hancock's books you will get other good books. Glad you are getting into reading, it beats the tv today hands down. Enjoy

Lynda

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Maybe they intentionally buried them into the ground so as to keep them from falling over due to wind/tsunamis/earthquakes/soft soil? Makes sense...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

It makes sense,

They would have needed trees to make the materies needed to create theses stones. And yet there are no Trees on that island. Therefore there must "have been" trees there. So, dig up!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by magilla

i dont think they have been buried. the earth they are sat in has developed over thousands of years and is a good indication of how long exactly. they will have sat pretty much on top of the soil to begin with judging by the hands and arms that have been carved at the bottom. i myself thought they probably sat a few feet under the surface and never even occurred they might be so big and buried. amazing

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days"
Line two!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Thanks mate, that's truly amazing.

I've been interested in these things for decades, but never knew that they had excavated one down to those kind of depths.

Looks to have been done in the 70's judging by the blue safari suit one of the blokes are wearing, weird that this is the first i've seen of the statues true size.

Notice they are making an inverted triangle shape / gesture with their hands, down near their navel or genitals?

Symbolic perhaps?

An inverted triangle is a symbol for females, for obvious reasons..maybe these were from the time of worldwide matriarchal societies, before the males took control and tried to obliterate the female as dominant from the record as they are still doing today via religions and societies of 'brotherhoods' like the Masons.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkolyk

That has always been conventional thinking about the trees going extinct on EI.

I don't reckon it's true though.

Yes, there used to be trees there, in fact there is evidence of lush, tropical forestation having been there at one time.

But i don't think they were all cut down to haul these statues around the Island for two reasons:

There were too many trees Versus too few statues, even if they had used 100 of the largest trees as rollers and sleds, there would still be plenty of trees there, it would hardly have made an impact on the forest present at the time.

And if they can cut, carve, transport and then erect these behemoth statues, it would have certainly occurred to such an advanced culture that it would be an effective option to cut and carve large STONE rollers and sleds to transport the statues.

I'd be interested in how long that earth would have taken to accumulate around 4/5ths of these things, and whether or not during the digging a layer of ash or pumice has been discovered...if so, it might point out how both the forests and the people that carved these things disappeared...an eruption causing massive fires and suffocating gases would have done it i'd imagine.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Tptb probably didnt need to dig up Easter Island to know the secrets it held.

Plus why not just leave it up to us to dig it up, it will
A) take more time for us to dig it up, giving them time to distract us with their eyePads
B) more money for them to spend destorying historical land like northern africa and the middle east
C) the less we know, the easier we are to confuse

Great find OP.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
WOW S&f,Always been intrigued by these heads,never knew how far down they went! i thought it was a foot or two!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days"
Line two!

Because the author of Genesis had visited Easter island and was less informed than almost everybody here on ATS (extreme views included!). Which is of course a pure guess but far far more likely and far more evidence for than giants roaming the Earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I read on an earlier post that either some or one statue had a red top, which the poster suggested was a red top-knot.

I cannot help remembering two things. In one of the South American countries where they have numerous folded up corpses in the ground, they had this brilliant red hair. Whether it was natural or they dyed it, it was spectacular.

The second thing I remembered was from Blavatshy's Secret Doctrine. She writes about our evolution being in 'rounds'. I think we are in the fourth or end of that round now. However during an earlier humanity from possibly the second round or third, she talks of the 'red' and I think red haired humanity less evolved than us today.

I have a lot of difficulty thinking that we were the architects of these stone marvels. How do we relate to a 60' Moai? Then I remembered The Statue of Liberty, but even with her dimensions which are amazing, I don't, apart from size, see a comparison to the stone statues in any way. She is beautifully formed and clearly a female human. I can't honestly say I look at the Moai and immediately relate to them as altogether human.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
S+F

I had no idea.

I didn't know that there were any bigger than they appeared to be. There could be a whole civilization buried under the ground.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
so apparently size does matter

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Now why hasnt the ancient alien series ever pointed this out??? I have never seen this and I would bet the rest would have thought as I did that they were just heads!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

there are 11 hits on www.tineye.com would start there

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Awesome pics if real!, I often get frustrated watching archeology documentaries or programmes as they tend to not dig stuff up bizarrely! They tend to focus on one small area then start waffling about how symbolic a spoon they found is.

Why can't archeologists and related experts just occasionally shrug thier shoulders and say we do not know why this is here.
Instead of the usual divergance into verbal nonsense about how symbolic everything is,
A sword is a sword a spoon or coin are just that stop adding this symbology cr*p into everything.
Aoplogies if I digressed but my frustration with these folks sometimes leads me to drink lol.

Please More digging!
Peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

i've been there, don't know if that particular moai is real, but they are huge, really...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

well now....

We know why he's grinning.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't understand how some people are questioning whether it's real or not.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join