It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full size of the Moai Statues! (Easter Island)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff.

The sheer scale of these statues and the amount of work that must have gone into their creation really boggles the mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by objectivist

I personally dont think they were sunk right up to where they are present day. I would imagine when they were erected they were originally below the line they have excavated too already...why else would they carve the bottom as seen in the OP?

It looks like some kind of huge mub slide from the hill behind that has made them look like they were sunk that deep.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Been fascinated with these huge statues since i was a kid!

Now a question. It is generally accepted that the Giza Plateau complex was constructed by a huge slave workforce,is there any evidence to suggest that a similar operation was in place here?

To me,these statues are as equally impressive in the feat of engineering that it must have taken to fabricate and erect these objects!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

WOW!
This is so cool!

Scientists and Archaeologists were already baffled at how they got there when they were a third the size... now what are they gonna say?!?!?

These guys look awesome uncovered! I love the carvings of the hands!
Thanks so much for sharing!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Wow thats amazing s+f , but did those statues stand full size on the top of the ground in that time period?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
IF 1 statue represent

= 1 chieftain, tribute to 1000 chieftain is too long time
= 1 family, 1000 family, merely 4000 people, not enough people to carve, erect and support the community
= 1 family in the long run, my family want one too, and my son, and his son, not enough people to feed us
= 1 person, that person would not eat to carve HIS statue
= 1 year, that would say 1000 year, so they have calendar in this tiny island ?
= 1 month, not enough time to carve
= 1 deity, how many deity are there ? A deity for fish, house, leader is sort of lots already for small island.
= 1 signal/beacon/warning, how many signals you need ? 1000 signals scattered around island ?
= 1 volcano eruption, so they can count to 1000 ? Interesting

so, what each statue represent ?

If production
1 a day - possible with lasers, anti gravity
1 a month - automated production, crane and lorry
1 a few month - manual machining, and crane
1 a year - carving, rolling and manpower, then its 1000 years in total

just go and collect 1000 computer icons, to look at each of them is already a job and these guys made 1000 stone statues.
There must be a strong reason for all this to happen, either its religion stuff or they saw UFO.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by objectivist

It looks like some kind of huge mub slide from the hill behind that has made them look like they were sunk that deep.

Hi, that sounds very reasonable looking at the shape of the ground behind the statue, and it is not all the statues that are similarly buried.

Looking at a map of the Island, and the position of the statues, anyone think that they could form some sort of ceremonial pathway from the coast to the top of the hill?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

You are most likely right, there is cliffs behind which may have been a soil mound. It is a volcanic island and prone to earthquakes and cyclones.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
would be interesting if those were actually perched on top of an even bigger edifice,
still buried underneath.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The photo with the guy in the blue shirt and the really deep pit is a photoshopped fake. It did the rounds a while ago, and was confirmed photoshopped.

You'd never be able to dig a hole that deep without shoring up the sides.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Nice photo OP!

As a contribution to the thread I'd like to add this liitle interesting trivia pic - in the movie Rapa Nui, the statues were featured in the same manner as in your photo:

edit on 23-10-2011 by gigaherc because: img visible

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
The photo with the guy in the blue shirt and the really deep pit is a photoshopped fake. It did the rounds a while ago, and was confirmed photoshopped.

You'd never be able to dig a hole that deep without shoring up the sides.

I think you need to read other people post.
A guy post a link to a website, and the website feature full of other similar pics.
And you still say its a photoshop ?

Who should I believe, you or the website ?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
So I guess they need to remake all those solid bronze novelty Easter Island statues that are only made from the neck up.

I agree that the level to which they are buried must have taken 1000s of years, so many thing were built so well and extremely large 1000s of years ago.... what are we doing wrong in the 21 century that we can't make a car run more than 25-30 years tops? Or a modern house that lasts more that 200 years without decaying?

not to get off topic but its called planned obsolescence, you tube search the light bulb conspiracy or just google it.
on topic this is just awesome. have you noticed the similarities witht he red hats on the statues and the cultural head gear of Peruvian and other south american head wear? I wonder if these statues have a link to any of that
edit on 23-10-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
But what are they supposed to represent? it only reminds me of the new Dr Who matt smith lol

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

awesome connections! love it!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown." Gen 6:4

then the "giants" must have had proportionately very small penises to be that tall (50'? 60'?) but still sexually compatible with human women

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thats mind boggling how deep they go. The physics of moving those things, watching those statues being moved would be a sight to behold.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
the best thing to ever happen to ATS was that thousands of yrs ago the library at Alexandria was destroyed. That opened the door for the reckless speculation and escapism that pervades this site.

History is missing=insert the most absurd explanation possible. Occams Razor desecrated, daily, here on ATS

I think Occam's point is more in favor of the ancient alien theories than "stone age" cultures around the world deciding to just start making these things (where are the mistakes?) and also massive complexes out of stones we would have trouble with today. Rope and logs???? not so fast

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
the little box these statues are holding is an iPhone!

any ideas as to which ET race/planet these are??

look at some of the Sumerian cylinder seals. similar noses and also the "piled up" type of hats (which showed rank I think) are similar to the Moai. love that connection with the claddah and alien boxes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join