It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full size of the Moai Statues! (Easter Island)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I noticed in the picture of the profiles of the faces, that each of them have a different facial structure and nose. Some look very European and some look South American. If these statues represent ancient leaders or gods, then it appears they recognized the variety of social groups around the world.

That reminds me of the Olmec heads of Mexico, some of them look very African. I think the ancients knew of the existence of others in the world and visited each other. And in thinking about this, the terra cotta warriors of China had different facial features but were still very Asiatic.

The statue here at Easter Island appears to have an elongated body with his hands tucked at his abdomen. That seems to be a very relaxed pose to me, that is different than the Greek statues that are contrapposta. I will send this picture to a friend of mine who has a Master's Degree in Art History. She will be interested in this.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Seems to me there's even more to the statue, plus a foundation. ...The excavation is only down to the belly - I suspect they'll find legs if they keep digging. ...You might be right about the mudslide though.

S&F for the thread. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

would be interesting if those were actually perched on top of an even bigger edifice,
still buried underneath.

I'm with you on this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Damn! never seen this before great find, thank you! I must say that has to weight at least 40-50 tons if not much more.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I think they should send some divers or submarines to easter Island and examine undersea for about 200 meters.

I think this all dates from the period when the sea-level was a few hundred meters lower.

Check out this website, goes much further than anyone thought.
HERE

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is just a thought on my part, but isn't Easter island subject to earthquakes rather regularly. I seem to recall that during an earthquake, the soil can become almost liquid. Isn't this a possible explaination for why the statues are buried so deep? If so then maybe it wouldn't take thousands of years for them to sink so deep.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Notice the statues are square pillars?

Wouldn't it be interesting if they were carved from the remains of an even older structure?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Just a random thought, I think those might not be hats, and may be weights? Like I said, random thought nothing to back it up lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Wolfenz

awesome connections! love it!!!

Thanks...

Wow as Usual There alot of Typos in my previous Post I tend to miss alot of words and Forgetting the ending S

I thought the Claddagh was a nice Comparison of how the Long Fingered Hands of the Easter Island Statue were Shown to the position of the Hands of the CLADDAGH and the Box Cube

I wonder what is the Meaning

Is there other similarity's around the World like in Peru Bolivia South America Egypt and as i heard Turkey and also in Iran & Iraq Babylonian Sumeria showing Statues these Hands Gestures on Statues

Here you may Find this Interesting ! Speaking of Göbekli Tepe ((Turkey)) and Easter Island Connection

See the Hands Positions and Length
See the Bird Carving similarity ! ( Below Link )

(unexplained-mysteries.com)
Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island Similarities
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

let alone Göbekli Tepe and Tiwanaku Puma Punku !& Ethiopia

Pillars at the temple of Göbekli Tepe—11,600 years old and up to 18 feet tall—may represent priestly dancers at a gathering. Note the hands above the loincloth-draped belt on the figure in the foreground.

archaeology.about.com...

gobekli-tepe-man

edit on 23-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Great find! S&F without a doubt. I had no idea that these statues were this big, as if they weren't big enough already. Kinda makes you wonder what else may be buried under all that dirt. Unbelievable!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
The photo with the guy in the blue shirt and the really deep pit is a photoshopped fake. It did the rounds a while ago, and was confirmed photoshopped.

You'd never be able to dig a hole that deep without shoring up the sides.

Just a simple Google "easter island excavation" would give you countless reputable sites and even more images confirming the size of the statues as well as dig sites etc.....besides some of them are completely dug out and on display in various museums.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The more I look at these statues and learn about the people, past and tangle with questions, I still come back to the same honest with myself conclusion. I cannot endorse the fact they carved these themselves.

I don't care what their ancestors say or what seems more likely. The more I look at these and other places around the world and go through my list of doubts and compare the time period of it all, I hate to say this but they either had divine intervention, Alien help, or had some really good stuff opiates to keep them going for YEARS!

I have seen this before, pics are real. I can't remember where I heard and it may be something totally different but some years ago I think I remember reading something that was saying there were metal parts on the bottom, like a metal loop was like a part of a rope trolly system. I don't know like I said I can't remember right now, it will hit me eventually.

Awesome though isn't it? This world is filled with amazing things!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I read some time ago the Frank Joseph book on The Lost Civilisation of Lemuria. Its one of those books that reminds one of the artefacts that pop up deep in mines with no explanation. The artifact or very ancient terracing carried out in difficult and far apart countries. Its well researched and photographed and his ideas are clearly too pioneering for the average archaelogist to countenance and truly lie in the world of supposition, however I enjoyed it immensly.

Joseph's book takes the view of a world in the Southern Hemisphere. Obviously we know the sea level has changed considerably but he writes about the peoples from South America to China and Asia. He tells the story of what can be seen and has been examined at remote places like Nan Madol, a weird but brilliantly constructed place but, like Easter Island, full of very unusual and quite exexplicable buildings, which apper to indicate that not only were the ancient people here lifting huge great weights, but they were doing this over water - which adds quite another dimension to their accomplishments.

The Moai are fascinating and when one sees the actualy size of these things, it just makes me feel we must try to get some kind of line to who occupied this world that could accomplish this size of building and manoeuvrability of massive blocks. We don't seem to have any primal memory of this ability ourselves. I don't buy into the huge angelic idea simply because, although the angels carried measuring rods in the early parts of the bible, (something to do with measuring the temple I think), they were never linked to construction or masonry work. The carvings seem to go back to the whirly circle, within a circle, figure of eight era, but the more we see, the further we seem to get from the answer. I also wonder why the Moai face out to sea, If I had carved that I'd want to look at it, not the back of its head.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Bonkrh

Based on the gentlemen in the powder blue leisure suit I would say that this must be sometime in the 70s or early 80s or the dude is just seriously fashion challenged. It would be awesome just to have the background information on just these images. I am coming up short at the moment but the pic I posted is apparently from a post card. Yours may be as well.

Thanks for the post. It is really cool to see them at their full length with their folded hands.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

My guesstimate calculation of the size of the statue is around 60ft, assuming "powder blue guy" is 5.8" tall. Of course just a quick estimate since I don't know his size and the picture is made at a slight angle. Pretty impressive, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Have any other books to suggest, I'm just now getting into the reading part.

I think I have read only 3 books so far. But I'm only 30 I have time to learn unless everything just ends.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The pic seems legit and the "fashion-challenged man in the blue leisure suit" is Thor Heyerdahl who went to Rapa Nui in 1987 to do some digging and theorizing.

But just because these things were buried so deeply does not mean they must now be thousands of years older than originally believed! It only took Thor's crew a few weeks to dig out the hole, so it would only take the Easter Islanders a few weeks to dig a hole to put their statue in.

Why dig holes to put your statues in? Because if you spent the last couple centuries going nuts cutting down every last tree on the island just so you could roll useless stone statues into place watching over your village, it sure is going to look stupid if they fall down the first time a giant Pacific storm sweeps over.

And the idea that this monumental exercise in human stupidity is somehow "proof" of Biblical giants...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
First: wow, amazing pics, I too have never seen these before & have always been fascinated with Easter Island.

I read the thread and wondered, with a childish giggle, why no one had mentioned how the statues are obviously highlighting/holding the reproductive organ. After my initial knee jerk, 7th grade like reaction, I wondered why. And why was that portion buried underground?

Perhaps it was their way of giving back to the Earth? Nourishing? Impregnating?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
This also makes me wonder how anything like this could be created and moved. The large mass of dirt caked around them must mean thousands on thousands of years have gone by since they actually were built.

Yeah. Because my basement is underground and that must mean my house is thousands of years old. If you want to make a very tall object stand upright and you don't have a crane, you dig a hole and slide it in. The bottom falls in and then the top is upright. You bury the base and let people wonder how you stood it up for a few hundred years. It's definitely interesting but predictable.
edit on 23-10-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
reply to post by Wolfenz

Isn't that little box the Grays have a weapon?
That's what Phil Schneider said shot him in the underground military base in Dulce, New Mexico.

OT: very interesting picture OP. I too have always wondered just how big these statues really are.
S & F

Im not sure if that is what Phil Schneider said exactly ..

But rumors as that Cube or BOX has been claimed to be back engineered to what is known as the Looking Glass

Reversed Back engineered as what we see as a Iphone to what we see of the in partial of the ENIAC

Time Travel & Give Alexander Gram Bell a Iphone 4 and he would be surely dumbfounded ..
Here Make this Alex !

Well heres a Sort a Explanation of the Rumor of the Alien Cube Box that was Reversed Engineered

App 3:30 into the video David talks about these future humans coming back in time and how to time travel. He also talks about the cube - which turns out to be a device for traveling in time.

The 2012 Enigma by David Wilcock Pt. 06

How To Time Travel
www.one-mind-one-energy.com...

yeah it can be all B.S. I know but you never know !! :lo:

thinking of Boxes just maybe the those Statues on Easter island are holding a Puzzle box !

The Movie called Hellraiser ! the Cube ! what is your pleasure Sir!

Lemarchand's box
en.wikipedia.org...

A Lemarchand box is a mystical/mechanical device that acts as a door — or a key to a door — to another dimension or plane of existence

Fiction or is it hidden knowledge ! ? Has Clive Barker has Heard of this Alien Cube ! ?

edit on 23-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join