It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm scared to death right now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just so you feel like your not alone would be a better way to say it.

But why resort to such a crutch like religioun?? You should stand strong on your own and get through it with some dignity.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There is NOTHING undignified by turning to religon or a higher power for strength. Regardless of where you stand on this matter there is and should be nothing wrong with religon itself. Its just the stupid wacko's that skew the idea and corrupt it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
There is NOTHING undignified by turning to religon or a higher power for strength. Regardless of where you stand on this matter there is and should be nothing wrong with religon itself. Its just the stupid wacko's that skew the idea and corrupt it.

Actually no, it's not just the stupid wackos that I think are stupid it's anyone dense enough to believe a religion that I find stupid.

I think EVERYTHING about turning to a religion for strength is undignified! What possible help can it be except to just make someone "feel" like they are protected when in fact they are just the same as anyone who doesn't believe!

I find it weak and pathetic that people are so gullible and ready to accept such ridiculious ideas that have never, and never will be proven, or even hinted at in reality.

Even though I say "religions" I specifically mean Christianity as its the only religion I'm familiar with.

I could rant on about this for ages but I won't.

Ciao

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Don't Eat pop tarts before bed. Those things are posessed!

You've seen the proof.

Especially those frosted blueberry ones. Those are the worst. They embody the devil himself!

J/K.

Make sure that when you tell him to go, you don't taunt him. Just force him to do it.

It's a bad Idea to taunt a demon...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Faceless: Even if you not particularly religious I suggest you exercise more tolerance toward others and their beliefs. I'm a Christian because of things I have experienced through the power of God not just because of what I'm TOLD to believe. I can feel God with me all the time. You can laugh at me for this statement and call be foolish but I'm not afraid to say what I believe. I'm with build319 on this. There is nothing undignified about religion. You can stand on your own as you put it, but in the bigger picture your "own" isnt very much.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Soul
You can stand on your own as you put it, but in the bigger picture your "own" isnt very much.

My own is infinite, and I can overcome anything with it.

My own is all I am, I don't pretend to be more.

My own is all I need, I shape my own life with it and I make my own future with it.

If your God can't respect me for that then screw the hell out of him.

But it doesn't matter, one day you and your Christian buddies will be chillin in heaven with the popcorn as you look down at me being tortured eternaly in hell... you just have to put up with us athiests until then and the good times will roll.

Praise the lord!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Soul
Faceless: Even if you not particularly religious I suggest you exercise more tolerance toward others and their beliefs. I'm a Christian because of things I have experienced through the power of God not just because of what I'm TOLD to believe. I can feel God with me all the time. You can laugh at me for this statement and call be foolish but I'm not afraid to say what I believe. I'm with build319 on this. There is nothing undignified about religion. You can stand on your own as you put it, but in the bigger picture your "own" isnt very much.

I concur. The truth was easy to be seen for me. I prayed and He showed up. It's that easy, or was for me. I don't understand why that's so hard for some people. I've noticed a lot of my friends try it and write it off as coincidence what they witness'd afterwards. Some people lean too much on the "seeing is believing", and "what have you don't for me lately" deal. He's not gonna show up over and over again just to keep proving over and over again to a hard headed non believer, is what I figure.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And I'm sure many other people from many other religions have said the same thing about their religion aswell.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Faceless I dont know where you get this idea that all christians think that people from other religions will perish in eternal fire. Look at all Major religions...they say basically the same thing: Be at peace with the world, Dont harm your fellow man, love your God, Obey the law. Thats it-full stop! Yes there are differences but as long as you get the basic idea you will be saved. Or thats my belief anyway. Christianity is only the WAY I wish to worship God, it doesnt mean its the right one or the only one.

As for your eating popcorn in heaven story, nobody wants athiests to burn in hell.I'm not gonna give you all this "holier-than-thou-I-will-pray-for-you-tormented-spirit" crap because I know thats not what you want to hear, but I hope that even if you dont become religious that you'll get over this notion that anyone that believes in a higher power is a bum-wipe.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Stay on the topic of the thread, please. Don't get make the arguments personal.

If you need to get back on track, review the original post: I'm scared to death right now

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Id pray if i were you. It probably a spirit or a demon. When i was small i belive i saw a demon. It was no dream. I know what i saw lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have experienced the "strobe"...It happened during sleep paralysis a few times...but because I ve had awareness of SP so many times, it is like an abduction, it is like be attacked by a demon, It is like when a movie turns bad with feeling of evil surrounding you like a cloud. But I say it this way because I have never ACTUALLY had these experience (I think). ... and It has all occured from overtiredness from a sleep disorder. This can also be an acute occurence, though mine is a general issue.

I have had hallucinations of demons with the feeling of foreboding and evil...shadows and "strobe" like lights. Most of the time I dont see anything though I just feel something is terribly wrong...but now knowing the pattern I let it ride. But that light thing is weird......I thought it was strange you had that experience also

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
DrpKeeGTZ

After I ate my pop-tart I fell asleep at like 4:15 as my cat was next to me. IN my dream my cat was next to me again and the demon or whatever was in my room,(or a room w/ me and my cat in it, i dont remeber, I think the room was diffrernt but the bed and everything was still there) and I don't think it was by my door, (you know how dreams are you can be in one room and then another in a few seconds)
and thats why I ran out, but then I relized my cat was still there and i went back, at that point in my dream my mind was on the cat so i don't remeber if it was still in my room, after I grabed the cat, I woke up in real life cause my door slamed shut. And as I mentioned in my first post, no doors in my apartment ever slamed shut in my 3 years of being here, even if the windows are open. And I know the door slaming was not in my dream cause when I heard it slam I didn't move for about 10 seconds, and when I turned around it was slowly opening, which comes to another thing I descovered.

I told some of my friends about what happened and my one friend came over and we looked at my door, If my door were to slam shut, It would have stayed shut and NOT reopen, (because of the way the door sort of locks itself, well not locks itself but the thing on the side that sticks out is made so it wont open unless the knob is turned) So i'm not really sure how the door slamed EXTEREMLY loud and didnt stay shut, I just know when I turned around it was slowly opening again, like wind or something was pushing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It sounds like a ghost. If you were serious you should look for a priest. I believe they bless your home. Quite strange

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Your strength comes from Faith, be it faith in yourself, faith in God, faith in Angels, faith in a cleansing spell. I often rely on one or more of the above.
( My grandmother had a 'haint' as she called it. It walked in the attic, back and forth. She finally had enough, took out her Bible and waited for the steps to approach. When they got over her head, she shouted up at the ceiling, "What in the name of God do you want?" The steps stopped, nothing answered. She went to bed, satisfied. The haint never walked again. )

Even cancer patients who have a positive outlook do better.

Your mind is a powerful tool. If you believe, you can draw strength from that belief.
"Faith can move mountains"

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
To all the people suggesting demons...I think I do believe in demons...but ive never seen one. And I have messed around with the dark arts (ignorantly) in my life.

I wonder how come I havent seen any?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think you just experienced what it is like to have the presence of mind to notice things at the point before sleep but yet after being awake. There have been instances many times that my door will slightly open and close and I have brand new windows in my room and have no way of any pressure changes in my room to have my door open or close. A heater, air conditioner, and or a sudden couple degree change in outside temperature can cause a pressure change in a home to have a door open or close. Your perception of noises can be amplified many many times at this point of near sleep. I would not be afraid, scared, or even worried about it unless the same 'dream' happens again and if it does happen again it should be a lot clearer each time with having the exact same things that you remember.

If you can become aware of this moment before you are actually asleep, it is a great way to have a alarm clock in your own mind. I have been doing this for years and can sleep until almost the exact time that I wish to wake up. If you can be aware of this moment, look at a clock and all you need to do is see the time, you do not need to remember the time, just look at it, then think of the time you want to wake up at. You will wake up within a few minutes of that time. This takes a lot of practice to do it though. It is hard to see the clock and still stay at that point before actual sleep. Many times you will wake up and have trouble getting to sleep period.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrpKeeGTZ
I think you just experienced what it is like to have the presence of mind to notice things at the point before sleep but yet after being awake. There have been instances many times that my door will slightly open and close and I have brand new windows in my room and have no way of any pressure changes in my room to have my door open or close. A heater, air conditioner, and or a sudden couple degree change in outside temperature can cause a pressure change in a home to have a door open or close. Your perception of noises can be amplified many many times at this point of near sleep.

I know that could make a door slam, but my point was neither I or my dad have ever heard a door slam in this apartment over a 3 year period, hurricanes and all, its NEVER happened.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Sorry, you're right, I should be more tollerant I type it on here harsher than I actually feel. I should think before I type :/ It's just that to me it's a stupid thing to think so I can't help it.

Shadow, it doesn't sound like much at all to me and I know quite a bit about this.

It could easily be a one off (paranormal or not). I'd wait for another experience before jumping to conclusions about spirits.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Shadow..

Is the house an older house that might have 'previous tenants' ? They might be 'checking you out' if you have recently moved in. I would suggest you not do any 'house cleaning' right away, to rid yourself of them. They might not be 'evil'. (re. my post about my Grandmother's 'haint'. I wish she had not cleared him out till I had a chance to hear him myself. Also when the house sold, a ghost, to go along with the 'ghost story' would have been nice. Stories I heard from previous owners suggested that it was not a malevolent ghost.)

You mentioned the cat also being aware of something. You might use the cat's 'radar' by taking it around the house, watching to see if it picks up on anything. ( We used to have a dog that seemed to be 'watching' something cross the room, when we could see nothing.)

Were the voices you heard (in your head, I believe you said) at this house?
You might ask 'it' something and see if you get an answer back. (Be careful if you suspect it's evil. )

I used to 'hear' things that way, when I lived at home, in my parents hundred year old house (and some other older houses). They sometimes called my name so clearly that I would absently answer, "What?" out loud, even though I had only heard the voice 'in my head'.

One of clearest instances was in a house we had rented shortly before the birth of our son. We soon realized the elderly owner had died shortly before. We had found her walker and other items in the storage building. Then we got the whole story from the rental agency when we carried them some of her mail we kept getting.

I had gone in late one night, just me and my son. ( I had picked him up at the sitter's after my 3-11 shift, my husband was on 24 duty at the firehall) After putting him in bed and as I passed the bathroom doorway, a voice called my name so plainly that my head litteraly snapped around. I even went into the bathroom, and looked behind the door.

A few days later, I discovered a huge, wet rat in the bathroom. ( The house was near the railroad--rats seem to have an affinity for train yards) I have always felt that the old lady knew about the rats and was trying to warn me that the baby should not be left alone. We moved shortly after, to a much newer house, and I don't believe I've heard any voices here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join