It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm scared to death right now.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I do agree with Faceless... thinking about it, I would wait and see if anything else happens before getting too worked up over it. Also have to agree with Faceless on the religion part as well... especially if you don't cling to a religion already. Religion is where things go wrong, and false shelters are made. Belief and spiritualism are definitly the way to go. It could help to consult others about it, but don't get pulled into the whole 'religion' thing. Personally, religion teaches you whatever the 'head' of that religion wants you to know... that's where religion goes wrong, and going off of only one source itself is ignorant.

If you are Cristian, maybe consult somebody from the same faith, and who holds the same beliefs as you? Just an idea, if you are worried about it. I've found that friends are the best help, though... no matter where they are (meaning you see them every day in person, or chat on the pute, like ya do with your ATS friends
)

zgt

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Around that same time I had a dream but it's similar to your story. Except I had a cat that I was carrying in my arms, the cat was fluffy white, we were walking around this house i've never saw before and i could sense a demon in the corner. It was invisible, but I could feel it's evil very strongly. I woke up very afraid. two days later I go out to get something to eat and return to find huge horse flies in the kitchen all over the wall. I have no idea where they came from. I sprayed raid all over and more would just appear a little later, I could never find where they were coming from. I'm all spooked out. Some of the flies will just sit in the carpet and not fly. I even put out a natural fly catcher with sugar and koolaid and not one fly has dipped into it. They just sit on the wall or lie in the carpet.

If the cat is hearing these sounds too then there is something there, not just a dream or imagination or mental illnes. If you can, maybe move. Why on earth would you confront or demand from anything dead or invisible. they are in no position.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I never said your door shut nor do you know it did. You said you HEARD it then looked as it was opening. I really wish someone would know more about the stages of sleep on here. Most likely you experienced the moment before sleep that your senses are heightened! By what you say this dream was, well first off, it happened over a longer period of time then you think. It takes an average of 8 minutes for a person to fall asleep and about 20-25 minutes to reach REM sleep. I would think that you fell into a basic asleep state well before you looked at the clock and then may have came out of the basic sleep and noticed the clock before going back into the stages before REM. Before you hit the stage of REM your door barely shut and it seemed like a slam cause of the sleep state you were in, You awoke to and did not look for a moment giving your room time to go back opposite the pressure and slowly open the door. You never saw it slam shut.

My thought that it was a sleep phenomenon and that is it. Your dream should have been a lot clearer if there was any significance behind it.

To the other person to... In ancient history, the cat was a symbol of protection and peace and was carried down from generation to generation in stories, a cat being in some ones dream is more common then many of you think though most people will never remember it because it is a part of the majority of there dreams and thus seems so common place that it is normally forgotten.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
DrpKeeGtz, I had psychology in HS and im now taking it in collage so I am familiar with rapid eye movement sleep. Nothing has really happened since the other night so im now just kinda thinking it was just coincidence, but the thing i am sure of is that i was not asleep any time before at least 4:00 cause like I said I did get up at about 3:30 and ate something, and it does take me awhile to fall asleep even in the middle of the night. I just know I saw the clock at 4:15........... Do you remember if you can only have dreams during REM? I kinda forgot, and it is every 90 min. that REM occurs right?
That would be kinda intersting if I had that dream within a matter or a few min. Cause even if i did go to sleep at 4 I awoke at 4:36 so that dosen't leave enough time for REM to kick in............., and I do know for sure that I wasn't in that state before you fall asleep, I'm good at identifying that time cause when I used to live at my moms house, like I said in an earlier post, I did hear stuff at times when I was in that state, so for awhile there I would see if I would hear voices and even mentaly try to talk back to them. (i know im weird)

And I want to clarify that it was a vivid dream, and I did remember it, there was only 1 or 2 things I wasn't clear on, but I think thats pretty good for a dream, as I usually can't remember them after a few min. after I wake up and even then there not really clear to me...... anyhow thanks for the feedback from everyone, It would be much help if everyone had the same view!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
O yea and someone posted about the age of the apartment, the apartment building has only been here for about 5-6 years so its not old at all, I think it was originaly a court house or something, and I don't know how long that was here for.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You don't need to be in REM sleep to dream...but this USED to be believed to be the case, hence your understandable confusion.....

41 days of fire; death and dismay

Sounds similar to biblical punishment of 40 days and 40 nights (flood of Noah)... I believe there is a rain of fire lasting the same amount somewhere else in the bible too....during the apocolypse (check Revelation).

There are MANY ways to interpret this dream, as I'm sure you realize... Any chance you saw a reference to this prior to the dream? (or a biblical horror movie). As you likely know, dreams are our means of dissecting the day's events, and reorganizing them for storage....

Hope this helps....

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

There are MANY ways to interpret this dream, as I'm sure you realize... Any chance you saw a reference to this prior to the dream? (or a biblical horror movie). As you likely know, dreams are our means of dissecting the day's events, and reorganizing them for storage....

Hope this helps....

Nope nothing, all I did was go to school, work then sleep, no TV or anything.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join