It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC now officially a SANCTUARY CITY!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.mdjonline.com... D-C--is-?instance=home_blog

October 21, 2011 02:12 PM

The District of Columbia became a sanctuary city on Wednesday after Mayor Vincent Gray signed a new order forbidding D.C. police to ask about an individuals immigration status.

Furthermore, Mayor Gray said District police will not help Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents execute federal warrants unless the individual has committed another crime.

The new order also forbids D.C. police from contacting Immigration and Customs Enforcement to inquire about an individual's immigration status.

snip

---------------------------------------------

The capital of america is run by traitors who openly allow foreigners to invade the city and steal jobs, benefits, and IDs from the citizens!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Must not be running for re-election. Good citizens of D.C. Organize and get a recall done. Boot it out of office I say.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Time to renounce US citizenship and hang out in DC.
Ehhh, I think I'll just renounce my citizenship and move to Antarctica, that'll be the last place the NWO turns into a chaotic police state.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We have States that are trying do everything in their power to stop illegal immigration and get harrassed about it, then you have these sanctuary cities. How will anything get solved that way? It doesn't seem to matter that the illegals displace citizens in the workforce, send back billions of dollars to their home countries, cost tax payers billions in free schooling for their children, cheap housing, medical, food stamps, etc. Not to mention that thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations all because our laws have not been enforced.

It is very sad that it has come to this as many of our citizens are falling through the cracks. So many people make like a couple of dollars over the poverty line and therefore denied any help whatsoever. Then you have an illegal waltz over with no background or health checks reaping all the benefits.

Many will say that the illegals are poor. Poor people cannot afford stolen identities and all the fraudulant documents to be here. Many will say that they just want a better life, so do the thousands of citizens who are struggling to feed their families.

If we take away the jobs and freebies they will self deport. Many have already.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Personally I'm considering this new D.C is a sanction city in a broader view, think about this, exactly. how long before Americans storm D.C? Perhaps sanctioning D.C is creating a future barrier? (suddenly gov secret meeting this weekend,behind doors no media, with fed reserve) I.D.K, sounds statically to me...thanks gawd we been closing all ties with financial systems sense February. They won't get my last cent.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Many will say that the illegals are poor. Poor people cannot afford stolen identities and all the fraudulant documents to be here. Many will say that they just want a better life, so do the thousands of citizens who are struggling to feed their families.

If we take away the jobs and freebies they will self deport. Many have already.

Exactly. Obama likes to say we have to accept the illegals because it's too expensive to deport them. But if we take away their incentives to live here, they'll self-deport at no cost to us.

1. End birthright citizenship

2.. Deny all govt benefits to illegals especially free health care at
ERs and free school for illegal kids

3. Mandate e-verify for all jobs.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Remember when this country was founded on immigration? What have we become?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I agree with your sentiments here....That feeling of something building is getting stronger every day now. "it" still isn't something I can personally point to and define...but "it" is sure real enough as the meetings you speak of are only a single example of what is happening in questionable ways over the last month or so.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Does this mean Obama is safe now? No more questions about Kenya?

edit on 22-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

The comparison is ridiculous. On so many levels.

Once a structure has been fought for and set in place, rules are set forth beyond that time. Legal immigration is still very much possible in this country.

Early immigrants settled this country and made it great. Structure and rules have been put in place for others to take advantage of their hard work and determination. If certain people believe they are above these rules they spit on the efforts of others, and are committing crimes against America, and are illegal aliens.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Where i live is on a american mexico border city, its very small the whole county has less then 58,000 with some 87000 square miles. I would say this is a dangerous place even though there is no crime, im talking about the law official level here and what we can and cannot do. law official if you add them all up from all levels from state troopers, police, sherriff, highway patrol, homeland security, border patrol and of course a afb, minus the abf the public has over 1000 law official swarmign the streets, i dirve 26 miles to town to get groceries, i quarantee i see at leaswt 10-12 sometimes more law offials each way. But this isnt even the most impacting fact i know about gov and us americans. There is a lake that borders the two countries and it is less then 1 miles from where i live it is actually a resevoiur so anyhow i have fished along alot of the lakes edges, one night jsut before dark i decided to go to the marina which is owned by the afb to catch soem night fish, so when yoru drivign up you either go right to the marina or there is the international bridge go straight and mexico is on the other side, but this one time i went around 8:00pm summer night still light enough to see, there was border patrol on the begginign of the bridge and it was closed from 6:00 pm to 6:00am every night. where i live I msut cross water to get to any type of business be it the lake or 2 large rivers. What just whatif we was beign attacked and i decided my only recourse to safety would be go to mexico but they the american gov/law wont let me? they have already in my opinion began a mild form of martial law. Opinions would be nice

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Once a structure has been fought for and set in place, rules are set forth beyond that time. Legal immigration is still very much possible in this country.

Early immigrants settled this country and made it great. Structure and rules have been put in place for others to take advantage of their hard work and determination. If certain people believe they are above these rules they spit on the efforts of others, and are committing crimes against America, and are illegal aliens.

The comparison is fitting, considering the amount of fear that Americans let control their lives, fear that is designed to make you afraid of outsiders, fear that is misplaced, because the only people you should be fearing are the ones you look to for protection.
Whatever happened to “Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free…”? The mainstream media happened, and you’ve been lapping up their kool-aid ever since. They’ve painted these people as healthcare sapping, job stealing, and mass multiplying monsters. Why? Because they [the “top tier] have created the circumstances that everyone is so pissed about, and these immigrants are like a magnifying glass, looking into the problem, exaggerating the effects. So, they’ve made them appear as the source of the issue, instead of the projectionist of the strife that is sweeping this planet.
Jobs aren’t gone because illegal immigrants are showing up and stealing them away. They’re gone because the jobs are being shipped overseas to countries that allow slave labor.
Healthcare shouldn’t be an issue. Americans have been jet setting to foreign countries for free healthcare for years. Healthcare paid for by the citizens of those countries.
The population shouldn’t be a problem, as there would be plenty of jobs to go around if corporations were held accountable for their devious business practices.
Maybe it’s their color. Immigration aside, many immigrants are hated just because Americans need something to hate. They hated the Indians, those brown folk who had the nerve of living here first. They hated the Blacks, those who had the nerve to want to be free. They hated the Irish. Why? Who knows? Maybe because the blacks were free, and something needed to take their place, maybe because they were the “blacks of Europe”, or maybe it was because they came over with large families and a work ethic, something Americans hate, something held in common with Hispanic and Middle Eastern peoples. There are many who would love to do it legally, but need to get here, get a home, and a job in order to save up the $700.00 (USD) it costs to become a legal citizen, and a family of four that’s $2,800.00 dollars, something that could take half a lifetime in some other country.
This isn’t my attempt at swaying your position. This is just me saying why I disapprove of immigration prejudice.

"It's like hating a mirror for that scar on your face."

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 22-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The comparison is fitting, considering the amount of fear that Americans let control their lives, fear that is designed to make you afraid of outsiders, fear that is misplaced, because the only people you should be fearing are the ones you look to for protection.
Whatever happened to “Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free…”? The mainstream media happened, and you’ve been lapping up their kool-aid ever since. They’ve painted these people as healthcare sapping, job stealing, and mass multiplying monsters. Why? Because they [the “top tier] have created the circumstances that everyone is so pissed about, and these immigrants are like a magnifying glass, looking into the problem, exaggerating the effects. So, they’ve made them appear as the source of the issue, instead of the projectionist of the strife that is sweeping this planet.
Jobs aren’t gone because illegal immigrants are showing up and stealing them away. They’re gone because the jobs are being shipped overseas to countries that allow slave labor.
Healthcare shouldn’t be an issue. Americans have been jet setting to countries for free healthcare for years. Healthcare paid for by the citizens of those countries.
The population shouldn’t be a problem, as there would be plenty of jobs to go around if corporations were held accountable for their devious business practices.
Maybe it’s their color. Immigration aside, many immigrants are hated just because Americans need something to hate. They hated the Indians, those brown folk who had the nerve of living here first. They hated the Blacks, those who had the nerve to want to be free. They hated the Irish. Why? Who knows? Maybe because the blacks were free, and something needed to take their place, maybe because they were the “blacks of Europe”, or maybe it was because they came over with large families and a work ethic, something Americans hate, something held in common with Hispanic and Middle Eastern peoples. There are many who would love to do it legally, but need to get here, get a home, and a job in order to save up the $700.00 (USD) it costs to become a legal citizen, and a family of four that’s $2,800.00 dollars, something that could take half a lifetime in some other country.
This isn’t my attempt at swaying your position. This is just me saying why I disapprove of immigration prejudice.

It's like hating a mirror for that scar on your face.

As far as fear, yeah when thousands of our citizens have lost their lives to illegals, that is to be feared. These people have no background checks. We have had murderers, pedophiles, theives, etc.

You speak of immigrants, we are speaking about 'illegal' immigrants, a huge difference. There is no race in illegal. Anyone who is pro illegal will draw the race card and it isn't working. Illegals come in all colors and cultures.

About the job stealing...When ICE raids companies and hundreds of illegals are deported, every single one of those jobs is quickly and easily taken by legal citizens who should have had those jobs to begin with.

Yes it costs to be a legal citizen, and thousands of people do it. If I can't afford to move out of the country I'm not going to break their laws to get there. It does cost illegals to get here illegally as well. They pay big bucks for their stolen identities and fake documents. They shove themselves above those who come here with respect and do it the right way. If you have spoken to many illegals they will tell you that they have no intentions of becomiing legal as they get so much more by being illegal. What a slap in the face!

There is far more to this than I think you understand. It has nothing to do with being racist!

edit on 22-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Overpopulated. Sorry, but the door had to close at some point, and that point is now. They lower the standard of living for everyone else, they make employment even harder to come by, and they send all of the money we give them to another country. Something has to give.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Washington DC has always been a sanctuary city for criminals this is different how?
edit on 22-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It appears 23 States don't have a sanctuary city within them, and the rest do. Map.

www.sanctuarycities.info...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

reply to post by Night Star

I spoke of illegals and the battle they must go through to become legal; the struggle to make their way here, save up the small fortune it takes to establish a life, and then try and fight through the prejudice that we Americans have become so good at. It seems impossible for us to take responsibility for our actions.
Americans are dying? What about the illegal immigrants that fought and died for America in numerous U.S.-involved wars over the years? Background checks? Can’t argue that point. Everyone should have one of those every now and then. Oh wait; every time you type on your computer you’re having a background check done on you by our government, yet nothing is done about our own criminal population. Why? Leverage. So one day when you decide to speak out about your criminal government, or any of those in power, they can then try you for past criminal activity to shut you up.
Sure there are criminals coming in from other nations. There are criminals that are born domestically every day. That’s a poor argument to support your prejudice. There will always be bad apples, but to condemn an entire category of people for the actions of a few is pathetic.

And I mention "race" being an issue, because before 1968, the government was allowed to discriminate against race and nationality; a stance that, while no longer holds any legality, is still very much a part of the American psyche. Denying that fact only proves naivety.

Don’t fear terrorists, when our own government created the terrorists we’re supposed to fear.
Don’t fear drug dealers, when our government boosted the drug culture in America to occupy the minds of and discredit those who would speak out against the “bosses.”
And don’t worry about them sending fiat money overseas to support their families when the wealthiest in this country make 40% of the money, then sit on it, keeping it out of the economy, usually hiding it in banks in other countries, yet you somehow seem fine with that.

I have no problem with people skirting the law in order to make an "honest" living in some foreign land. That idea is the very heartbeat of this country we think is so great, but I’ll cut you some slack. How would you feel about a law, which states that “all new non-citizen immigrants must register, and upon registration, have 1 year to find work, and save up enough money to buy their citizenship, allowing a chance for them to make it honestly in this country"?

Immigration isn’t killing this country. The people whose office buildings are currently being surrounded by millions of people in these Occupy movements are the ones killing this country. They fill you full of legal drugs which do far more harm than the illegal ones, poison your water, dictate how you save and spend your money, trade your mortgages like baseball cards, driving up the interest to unpayable heights, and even ship your jobs overseas to employ slave-labor who'll work for a week what you command in an hour. Those people are the ones making it so hard to live in this world. Maybe if we settle the issue of the corruption in this world these "illegals" wouldn't have to leave their countries, as their economies wouldn't have been bankrupted by greedy suits thousands of miles away, causing their governments to make drastic changes to their own constitutions in order to survive. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.

If this is what America has become then you can count on a decrease in population by 3, because I am truly disgusted by the display of entitlement that is on display in this thread. By design our nation and its freedom are supposed to be for all people(s), protected within inalienable rights for ANY who felt oppressed, seeking out a new living in a better world. The availability of these rights has been whittled down over the years to push a population agenda by those in power to suit their own prejudices and racism. Think I'm lying, have a gander at the History of American Immigration.

As I mentioned to the previous chap; I can’t change your mind on immigration, all I can do is hold the mirror; something I've grown tired of doing, so I wash my hands of this thread.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 22-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That's ancient history. Maybe unlimited immigration made sense 200 years ago but now we have 310 million people in america and that's too many. We also now have all the freebies unlike 200 years ago. Illegals no longer come here to make something of themselves. They just want to sponge off the hated gringos.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Tell that to Don, the local Mexican Restaurant owner who began his American life and an illegal, saved up, bought his citizenship after two years of working under the table, and now runs the most successful food industry business in the county. A business so successful, I've tried talking him into expanding into a second or possible third restaurant, though in his own humbleness, he always declines, stating he has "enough."
Or to my own great grandparents who began their American life as illegal labor workers in Philadelphia nearly a hundred years ago. They earned their citizenship after WWI where my great grandfather became and "illegal" soldier fighting in the AEF, jokingly called the "American Foreign Legion" by the British Allies (a testament to the number both legal and illegal immigrants that filled the U.S. ranks)

310 million people isn't many considering that more than 1/2 of the country is uninhabited.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I'll admit that I'm slightly biased here. One of my friends was raped and murdered by an illegal immigrant, he still hasn't stood trial because he's claiming incompetence. He threw 20 dollars at her on his birthday and when she gave it back to him, he followed her, raped, and murdered her posing her body in a crucifix position for all to see. They've been wasting tax dollars in an attempt to teach him ASL (for more than 5 years now) as we speak, when a $1 worth of buckshot would bring justice. He's got DNA at the scene in two forms, yet nothing can be done because he can't defend himself. He had no trouble ordering a bunch of beer every night at the local bar where he was seen every week, but he can't be directly questioned so he's being held in a mental ward.

Sorry, no sympathy here. Those that want to do it right, will do it right. The ones that don't, need to leave. I'd love to see how many of the illegals have criminal records. He has a rap sheet in his native country a mile long, and his family did immigrate to this country the right way. They have told police he's a nutcase and did commit the crime, but he's being held in limbo by a lawyer. They helped to get him here on the pretense that if he had steady work he would straighten out. He didn't, and they're done with him because of his actions. They're also fearful of him being released. He got out of a similar crime in his native country where they did not test the DNA at the scene. The immigration argument can get pretty thick once you go below the face value issues and get down to the ones that are actually present in each case. I know from experience of associating with immigrants that the legal ones are decent people, and most of the illegal ones are illegal for a reason other than the cost of immigration.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join