It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold For Oil The Reason Why Libya Was Invaded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Libya was invaded and consequently Gaddafi killed mainly because he wanted to trade crude oil for Gold instead of currency notes most immport did not want to trade in US currency. The Elites could not accept this as they loose some of their power trading oil for Gold as others wanted to follow suit.

So the powers at be (the big bankers aka Rothchilds sub arms) same ones who control the FED. So the people at the OWS movement bless you all, you are an awaken bunch and you know what you are fighting.

So these same people will try and do the same to Iran, not because they hold Terrorist which is man made crap I know I am in the Security game but because Iran is really more free from these Elitist. They will force Israel to start a fight with them hopefully drawing Russia and China to retaliate then they will get their great war they are looking for. After the war they will show the world we have a mandate for the NWO so to state such bloodshed can only be stopped by a global army, global police and global governement. It is too late then offcourse as Humanity is doomed if we go down this path.

So the point is we need to not be apart of any bullcrap conflict, the whole world needs to agree not to fight even if the elites want us to do.

We are all humans from Earth regardless of race, colour or religion. One thing we all share in common is we are children of the earth regardless of opion and we a are sharing this soul lesson together. The Elites goal is to make you think China is bad, Iran is bad, they are this they are that. Which is simply not true? When was the last time you meet a man from Iran? The last 5 i have meet have surprised me how Western they are playing football and listening to hip hop etc. So spread the word most on ATS understand this better than others. I have even stated writing to mainstream media, the problems is who to trust in mainstream as the Elites own most of them as well.
We dont need to agree on this path of destruction we can fight back if we unit humanity. We must have a view that they can throw us in jail, beat us etc but they can't make us be apart of WWIII and kill millions of innocent people in their bullcrap agenda.
My soul learnt that lesson who knows how many eons ago.

Keep up the fight, bless you all.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
edit on 10/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Formatting

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

And they probably did so, because our government views an attack on our economy as an act of war. So much for free markets of nations that chose to trade in gold. They are doing the same thing to our own people preventing them from erecting competing currencies or trade in gold.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Except that the oil being produced in Libya is and always has been exported to Italy, France, and the UK.

I would recommend running a google search for how much the US imports from Libya, which is next to nothing. So the premise of your thread is false. Since this would not affect the US in the slightest.
edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No, Libya was invaded and has been a target for many years due to the fact that he was a dictator who had many people, even Americans killed, at his command. He was wealthy enough to do so in order to hire those who would do as he commanded. It was reported earlier today that only 2% of the world's oil came from Libya......again, check your information before posting such nonsense.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I was not talking about the US mate, i was talking about the global cabal behind single countries.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Man you are very blind, there are so many dictators in the world and they dont get stopped. I never said Gaddafi was a good man but he out served his purpose. If the normal forces cared about Dictators then Robert Mugabe and Castro would be gone but hay they are still here.

I guess you never read the whole articule about WW3 then.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Who are you saying "invaded" Libya?

The citizens of Libya rebelled against Qaddafi and his 42 year regime.

How is it even possible to "invade" the country one already lives in?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Libya was invaded and consequently Gaddafi killed mainly because he wanted to trade crude oil for Gold instead of currency notes most immport did not want to trade in US currency. The Elites could not accept this as they loose some of their power trading oil for Gold as others wanted to follow suit.

And yet here this is as the very first paragraph of your post.

But let's set that aside for now.

What is Libya's oil production pre-war?

1.6 million bpd

What is the total global output of oil?

Roughly 88 billion barrels per day.

If the oil production of Libya went away entirely the total price increase would be a whole .001% Not much of a profit for the powers that be when taking into account what that means in terms of yearly output. And the cost of the NATO campaign will end up costing more than that total.

If the oil were traded in gold it would still have to conform to international pricing standards or no one would buy it. So again, even removing the "blame America" part of this post, you are still wrong.
edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: Pardon. I was gonna do this entirely in percentages but I decided to keep it simple and straight forward.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Perhaps if he had spent less money on weapons and more on his people they wouldn't have rebelled.

Do some research on him. He was an evil violent man.

He got his reward.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
With the limited gold avaiable, that would have been a small economy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I can promise that I am not blind nor ignorant to the situation at hand. As a child, between the ages of 10-13, I was in Isfahan, Iran, and was one of the many evacuated out of the country when the revolution started. I again assure you that I know for which I have referred to in my previous post.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Let us not forget the more important things in life, or the most important; water. Libya has partial above ground claim to one of the largest aquifers on earth and an impressive infrastructure to use it. And now we have 100 "advisors" in uganda witch has the second largest freshwater lake next to lake superior. The bush's and their buddies own massive amounts of land on the americas (n and s) largest aquifers. See a pattern?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
Let us not forget the more important things in life, or the most important; water. Libya has partial above ground claim to one of the largest aquifers on earth and an impressive infrastructure to use it. And now we have 100 "advisors" in uganda witch has the second largest freshwater lake next to lake superior. The bush's and their buddies own massive amounts of land on the americas (n and s) largest aquifers. See a pattern?

Didn't James Bond already fight and kill the "water barons" in his last film?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Trading oil for gold? Thats a good idea, expecially for Countries outside the fiat producing USA. So why would Gadaffis own People kill Him for that? They didnt, He was killed because He was a DICKtator.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Before anyone keeps jumping on the OP, better read and research what the Petro-Dollar system is, how it works, and is based on US dollars to settle petroleum even if the sale is between Italy and Libya.

Second, Iraq was initiating the same process except they wanted to create a Bourse to sell their petroleum in euros, and dismantle the USD petro - dollar system in the mid east. We invaded Iraq to buy time, no other reason.

Iran has already done this, they sell their Petroleum in euros and are creating a Bourse to trade outside the USD petro dollar system completely with all trade partners.

Russia and China have abandoned the US Petro dollar system, all energy contracts are now settled in Chinese Dollars against Russian ( RMB against Rubles), as are all energy contracts between China and Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, Brazil and more and more countries.

China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela and a few other countries have abandoned the petro - dollar as it was collapsing due to US Banking and Financial problems, as the petro - dollar allowed for wildly unrestrained spending without restraint. The US and Saudi Arabia form basis for the Petro dollar system, it is highly corrupt and provided the foundation for the current global economic crisis.

The world situation starts to make sense when we look at it from this perspective. The OP is correct in that Libya wanted to move away from this, and it was NATO that provided airstrikes and heavy military equipment that allowed the overthrow.

Without US and NATO support, there was no uprising in Libya. Good or bad, right or wrong, NATO overthrew Libya, not the people. The next political party in Libya will rule only as long as they settle energy contracts in USD petro dollars, that is key to their survival.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Check your numbers you are off by an order of magnitude world oil production is 88 million bbl/day that makes Libya 2%. That's not huge but it 's not inconsequential either.

I do agree with you otherwise about Libya. I see European interests more in this than US.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

oops.
I thought that's what I posted, I missed a zero or two it seems.
Indeed. Thanks for the correction.

edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Gaddafi was approached to join the EU, so that the EU could rape their resources, he said only if the rest of Africa can join (obviously not going to happen) so he started to float the idea of a African currency.

Libya is 100x richer in resources than we're led to believe.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mkultracanuck

Source please.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
background on Libya's "assets"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They hold the money in foreign institutions
(foreign to Libya)

TPTB now get the new govt to spend down to rebuild the infrastructures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join