It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The US Declaration of Independence Illegal? - UK (Law) Thinks So...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
and look at their country. it's going down in flames and self-destruction. but what do you expect from a country founded by traitors.

the highest crime and capital offence in almost every civilised country is treason.

disloyalty is the founding trait of the united states of america.

a nation built on treason will never succeed. and they are capable of almost anything to justify their treason and live with their guilt.

even though the history books long erased that fact.

the united states should ask and great britain should grant their independence. they should make peace, that way 200 years of blood stained on the country can start to be removed.

americans are still living 200 years in the past, they are living in a constant state of war over threats that don't exist.

and when they can't find a threat, they create one.

america first has to ask God for His forgiveness, then ask for pardon for it's crimes it committed against the people of the world and then the world must forgive and forget, so america can have peace.

edit on 20-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by TechniXcality

Just think, we might rename the USA.

I think The Great British States Of America sounds quite regal and provides a bit of balance.

Of what about The United Kingdom Of America?

We'll be able to teach you how to play cricket instead of rounders and football would be called football.

The only thing the British have that we dont, is those cute formal accents. Other than that America wins the game, America has exported more culture than any nation in the world, our fingers are in everything. Now wether thats a good or bad thing is arguable, however its true

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldita
It's legal because we say it's legal.

If there are any problems with that do something about it.

LOLS , Spoken like a true American. Pfffft

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Obviously under British law the declaration was illegal. But the world isn't governed by laws. It is governed by force. Laws are merely an extension of that force. America understands that all too well.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You have exported many things...culture most certainly isn't one of them.

I'm going to be serious here...could you please give me some examples of bona fide American culture?

Oh, and for the record - I am in no way anti-US.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
(not so) Great Britain is pathetic, calling into question the way of life in the U.S.A. when they have problems of their own. If they claim succession is illegal, then conquering must be too. In that case then the monarchy is illegal. Maybe someone in England will kill off the royal family in light of this. Anyway, American culture is undeniable, claiming that we have none coming from an Englishmen is to say that England has no culture.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm going to be serious here...could you please give me some examples of bona fide American culture?

Cowboys, rodeo's, ciggarettes, hot dogs, blue's, jazz, rock, pop, rap, movies, hollywood, fast cars, big tits, the colour green, American philosophy, American exceptionalism, American arrogance, American dream. We have catapolted the world into consumerism, our fingers are in everything. The list could go on and on but honestly i find it pointless. Not everyything American is right thats not how i think.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

J.D Salinger

Tennessee Williams

Jackson Pollack

Frank Lloyd Wright

Herman Mellville

Harper Lee

Arthur Miller

James McNeill Whistler

Eugene Oneil

Georgia O'keefe

David Lynch

James Fenimore Cooper

Edgar Allen Poe

Henry David Thoreau

Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Julian Schnabel

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Nathaniel Hawthorne

Mark Twain

Walt Whitman

To name just a very, very, very few of the many, many, many American artists. I am surprised these needed to be pointed out to such a cultured man as you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I guess they forgot when we told them otherwise during the American Revolutionary War. Sure it may have been illegal then, but that does not matter now. Its not an issue and who ever tries to do anything about it will just be slamming his **** in a drawer.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Colonizing is like a plague? Do you mean like the plague of the US colonizing Hawaii?

Yes I have read the accounts, I am not saying the US did not try colonizing and I am familiar with stories of the Hawaiian struggle.

Well mister one liner, I would answer your statement like this: Hawaii is an island nation. They are in waters that are in extreme danger due to the global drug trade, and the actions of Rothschild and Dope Inc. Also your question really is like the gordian knot of "How do we unroll the colonization machine?" Obviously there has to be an open discussion. I advocate a global conference call. The first thing people should discuss is, how do we survive in the free countries once we rip off the alien facehugger that is the international banking scheme?

Notice that the Euro as well, has crushingly severe penalties for any nation the tries to remove itself, just as Rothschild brought war to the US in 1812 because we dared to try and remove the facehugger. So if any nation tries to escape the Euro facehugger, they're going to be severely chastized for that. Same thing with the US and the Fed.

We have all been drawn into the gordian knot, and it is the nihilist who laughs and mocks us and says "untangle yourself!" ...Well all I can say is that when the citizens of Earth get a-talkin, it won't take long to find out the we all have very simple needs, which needs Earth can easily provide. No middlemen needed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No big deal if it is illegal, let them send the sheriff over to arrest us.
I'll even give some good intel, most US citizens are armed better than ANY UK soldier, and prolly shoot abit straighter too.
Plus alot of our ancestors who came over were outlaws anyway just like our Brothers the Aussies.
Plus I think we'd get by on a statute of limitations.

Hope it helps

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Meh, I really don't care what lawyers say.

The Americans did what was right for them at the time. I don't know if it made a difference to the Native Americans. Sending a load of Brits over there in the first place, to invade and murder and become what they are now after a brief moment of being a beacon to the world. That's what was 'illegal' IMHO.

To say that it is a UK opinion though is dead wrong, just lawyers who evidently don't have enough work in the field of representing individuals or state justice. There not being any actual justice in the world.

The declaration of independence is history, with no relevance today. It simply does not matter.

Not entirely sure why it's still celebrated, surely even US citizens, most of which are not even descendants of the 'founding fathers' don't even really care about it. The liberty they gained has been eroded somewhat since. Only the right to bear arms is 'unique' er actually, no it isn't. Never mind.

Good luck to America anyway. We are all in this thing together now, for better or worse.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by a1red3

I suggest you re-read the article, the UK isn't calling it into question, a bunch of yank lawyers and British lawyers are conducting some sort of experiment, the rest of us don't give a flying chuff.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is It or Isn't It Illegal?

That would be a question.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

most US citizens are armed better than ANY UK soldier, and prolly shoot abit straighter too.

They didn't create the saying "When the Germans fire, the British duck; When the Italians fire, nobody ducks; And when the Americans fire, EVERYBODY ducks." for nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is silly and could be used as a smokescreen to thwart rebellion against tyranny in America today.

It doesn't matter if it was "legal" in the eyes of the UK law at the time. The Americans said The Hell with you, we are not going to take this any more, We are going this way, you can stay on your side of the fence !

Now if ruled The Declaration of Independence had no legal standing and you saps actually buy that garbage then they are free to say the Occupy Wall Street protesters and anyone else tired of the tyranny in American politics are traitors and must be punished!

The British theory is flawed. If Texas wants to leave the Union and they can hold their own it matters not if it's legal to do so. If they want freedom from the Union they should be free to leave. Who is The Crown or The U.S. Government to stop them? They are Nothing. If they tried they become Kidnappers and Thieves. The Crown and the U.S. Government become Dictators !
edit on 20-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1red3
Anyway, American culture is undeniable, claiming that we have none coming from an Englishmen is to say that England has no culture.

How so?
Please do explain and provide evidence, both of American 'culture' and the lack of English culture. (Should be British but that seems far too complicated for Americans to get their heads round).

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by a1red3

Again, it's a bunch of lawyers having a debate, read the article, will make much more sense, get over it, we don't want your country back, it's in a worst financial state than ours at the moment.

I am talking to a friend from the states now on Facebook, he can't believe how people are taking this story as something it is not.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What is, is.

Only the winning nations that endure get to (re)write their own history, if the founding fathers had failed, it would have been illegal.

Which was why the point of the old quote about hanging together or hanging separately was so eloquent back then.

M.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

J.D Salinger

Tennessee Williams

Jackson Pollack

Frank Lloyd Wright

Herman Mellville

Harper Lee

Arthur Miller

James McNeill Whistler

Eugene Oneil

Georgia O'keefe

David Lynch

James Fenimore Cooper

Edgar Allen Poe

Henry David Thoreau

Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Julian Schnabel

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Nathaniel Hawthorne

Mark Twain

Walt Whitman

To name just a very, very, very few of the many, many, many American artists. I am surprised these needed to be pointed out to such a cultured man as you.

Do you know the meaning of the word "Culture"? Let me help you:-

en.wikipedia.org...

Let me counter that list with:-

William Shakespear
D H Lawrence
H G Wells
Arthur Conan Doyle
Rudyard Kipling
Charles Dickens
Agatha Christie
Arthur C Clarke
Robert Burns
Lord Byron
The Bronte Sisters
J R R Tolkien
Jane Austen
Thomas Hardy
Raul Dohl
John Wyndham
J K Rowling
George Orwell
C S Lewis
Lewis Carroll
Daphne De Maurier
Walter Scott
Robert Lewis Stevenson
Noel Coward
Bram Stoker
Geoffrey Chaucer
Ian Fleming
Dorothy L Sayers
Beatrix Potter
etc etc etc

I won't even start on the topic of British Music because i will be here all night.

When it comes to Culture the UK is TOP

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join