It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The US Declaration of Independence Illegal? - UK (Law) Thinks So...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

America didn't pull anyones arse out of the fire, they helped their allies bring about a quicker end to the bloodshed. The war (in Europe) would have been won without the USA, but thankfully they helped us do it a bit faster, and we were very grateful.
edit on 20/10/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
of course its legal we got the lowest voice back when england had the lowest voice it was illegal,

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
On the surface, the British seem to be basing their case on the Civil War. Just because the North won the war did not make Lincoln right, it made him the winner; two absolutely and completely different concepts. The British are wrong on this one. Also, to say that the usurpations were not grave enough to warrant secession is about as subjective as it gets. I say that they are wrong yet again.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Bullcookies

America didn't pull anyones arse out of the fire, they helped their allies bring about a quicker end to the bloodshed. The war (in Europe) would have been won without the USA, but thankfully they helped us do it a bit faster, and we were very grateful.
edit on 20/10/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Reinventing a little history, eh? You would be speaking German right now if not for the USA. Period. You can argue the point and be wrong, or you can do some research and get educated.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
[Sorry but your repsonse and link makes no sense?? what hell are you saying?
This post explains it:

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by TechniXcality
Sorry but your repsonse and link makes no sense?? what hell are you saying?

Isn't it obvious what's being said?

He was agreeing that when America doesn't have someone to fight, it creates an enemy as well as an excuse and that every time they do, the US expects Britain to be right there alongside them.

World War 2, we fought successfully with other allies in driving the Nazis back and defeating them, kept asking the US for extra support, America said no until Pearl Harbor was bombed almost at the end of the war. Then US hstory books and citizens continue to believe that America saved the world from Hitler.

See the huge difference between your country's reality and the truth of how things happened?

As for the rest of his post, I agree about the part that the U.S. was founded on treason. The U.S. had enough of Great Britain's tyranny and left and formed their own country, which is treason.
edit on 20-10-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So that which was once legal is now not, because of another country's personal opinion. So what are they suggesting? That all countries throw their policies and declarations into a pot and the United Nations gives a generic composition of citizen rights and government responsibilities to each and every country? Yeah, that'll fly.....right out the window. What about the countries that don't belong to the United Nations? Do they get a "Pass"? Can the USA be any more persuaded, molded and defunct? Why evidently, yes it can. I can't believe anyone is promoting this crap. Can we all say New World Order? Seriously, the UK has so many political and financial problems, I am amazed they can flame the USA, AND that we would give them a second of thought. COME ON AMERICA......BONE UP!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Of course UK law thinks so dummy... who do you think we seceded from...

Wow haha, so much for deny ignorance!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think not.
Germany was beat the moment they opened a second front in Russia.

Of course it would have taken longer and more British and Commonwealth lives.

woogle has it right, for that we are grateful.

I suggest you read some real history books and stop believing Hollywood's version of events.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Love it. Simple, short and sweet! S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
And what is the basis of any law or king or authority? It is either agreed upon by the people or forced onto the people. Should people continue to follow a government they do not believe in or identify with? BTW, I think the UK got it's claws back in through the banks rather than with soldiers. The fact that I am right about this and everything else is self evident.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just look at the example set forth by the Conch Republic. For those of you that remember the date in 1982, when the Florida Keys declared their independence and seceded from the Union. For those of you that are not familiar with it I have included a link.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think not.
Germany was beat the moment they opened a second front in Russia.

Of course it would have taken longer and more British and Commonwealth lives.

woogle has it right, for that we are grateful.

I suggest you read some real history books and stop believing Hollywood's version of events.

So, the USA needlessly entered the European Theater, and served no purpose? What a waste of lives. Well, at least we had you guys to help us with the Japanese. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Okay, so I am just wondering why we are listening to a country which has these problems:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Last Updated: Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 10:01 GMT 11:01 UK

Is meth abuse a UK problem?
By Emma Wilkinson
BBC News, health reporter

Methamphetamine is available in some nightclubs and bars
The use of methamphetamine - commonly known as "crystal meth" or "ice" - could be spreading in the UK.

It gives users a huge rush followed by a long-lasting feeling of euphoria, but it also causes paranoia, confusion and violence, is highly addictive when smoked and can lead to brain damage and severe psychiatric problems.

In an attempt to limit the potential for harm, the government recently reclassified methamphetamine as a class A drug - which means it is easier for experts to monitor its use.

www.guardian.co.uk...
'Parents to blame' for problems in UK schools
• Families 'are undermining teachers'
Teachers have launched a devastating attack on parents, accusing many of failing in their responsibilities and undermining schools.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Slavery is as much of a problem in the UK today as when it was abolished 'due to trafficking of women into prostitution'By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:29 PM on 15th June 2011

www.netdoctor.co.uk...
How common is obesity?
Around one in four men and one in three women in the UK are overweight, according to government statistics
Problem gambling
About this leaflet
This leaflet is for:
 anyone who is worried about their gambling
 the family, partner and friends of anyone whose gambling has become a problem.

Royal College of Psychiatrists.This leaflet may be downloaded, printed out, photocopied and distributed free of charge as long as the RCPsych is properly credited and no profit is gained from its use. Permission to reproduce it in any other way must be obtained from the Head of Publications. The College does not allow reposting of its leaflets on other sites, but allows them to be linked to directly.

***********************************************************************************************
Okay, if they were that exhorbant, and a source of probable, resourceful information. However, defunct and inefficient sources are......defunct...And we listen to THEM????? Get a life.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Throughout history, many peoples have separated from their tribes or/and countries and founded new ones. If we have to consider one such example as illegal, then we have to declare all of them illegal. However, nothing could be changed now and since it happened the way it did, nothing could have been done then (or at least wasn't done for one reason or another). It is just how things work in this world - if you have the power or means to accomplish something, you just do it and that's how it goes. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Who cares? Like another poster said its legal because we say so. Its not like the U.K or the U.N can just take us to court and say were no longer a sovereign nation anymore and suddenly the U.S is back under the crown.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It alway okay to justify yourself. No it isn't okay to justify being perfect. Actually it isn't okay presenting yourself to be perfect ever!. If you men think it's okay then think again.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is an interesting post. Whether legal, illegal, right or wrong, it is history. Done and done. However, it is fun to debate and discuss history. That is the way I took the article. Nothing more, nothing less. But if it was in fact illegal, does this mean that I get a refund on all the taxes that I have paid to the US Treasury?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Honestly, I think it was completely and totally illegal, which is why the Revolutionary War happened. The U.S. won, the U.K. lost, so it doesn't matter that the Declaration was illegal (which it was.) The outcome was: Independence gained through victory in war.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Okay, so I am just wondering why we are listening to a country which has these problems:

Is meth abuse a UK problem?

Methamphetamine use in America. Why is it so popular?

'Parents to blame' for problems in UK schools

List of some fatal U.S. school shootings

Slavery is as much of a problem in the UK today as when it was abolished 'due to trafficking of women

The History of Slavery in America
Modern Slavery in America

How common is obesity?
Around one in four men and one in three women in the UK are overweight, according to government statistics

U.S. Obesity Trends - About one-third of U.S. adults (33.8%) are obese.

Problem gambling

Is There a Cure for America's Gambling Addiction?

Please, we are puppy dogs compared to you guys on ALL the issues you mentioned!

I suggest you read up a bit more before trying to ridicule someone.

EDIT: I apologise to the Americans who are having a civil discussion in here, I am not trying to belittle you, merely respond to a poster that everyone has their problems.
edit on 21/10/11 by woogleuk because: Apologies

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Legal and Illegal are just words used by a man with a bigger gun to control the man with a smaller gun. It's nothing real like physical or mathematical laws

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join