It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
........This really sucks. At what point will the rest of Americans wake up and say "enough"? It almost seems like most Americans would be OK with a government official knocking on their door, searching their home, searching their anus, and having sex with their wife as long as they're told it's in the name of national security.

:shk:

How do you guys think the Founding Fathers would react if we could somehow re-animate them and show them this?

edit on 20-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Horrible, so wrong. Now, I can get pulled over and stopped at a checkpoint for them to go through my car, have them pat me down? I'm curious if they will give public notice as to where these checkpoints plan on taking place. Then at least you'd have a head's up to avoid them, possibly.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
How do you guys think the Founding Fathers would react if we could somehow re-animate them and show them this?

Ultimately they would demand to know why more had not been done to protect the country and its people from foreign enemies.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

it seems they are doing a classic "boiling frogs" thing on we the people.....when (not if) the OWS movement begins to force the changes we need, we need not to forget that patriot act travesty...that started tsa/homeland "security" etc....i want those goons out of our airports....how about using them on our borders, instead....these measures are like fences...only they keep the good guys in....not the bad guys out.....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by koolaidman

Originally posted by koolaidman
Things like this could only happen in places such as Tennessee, where the population are generally ignorant. If the government tried # like this here in Seattle were most of us went to college they would be run out of town on a rail. This happening in Tennessee though, just the chickens coming home to roost in a place full of redneck hatemongers...nuff said.

Wow, thats alot of ignorance your spewing there. I am from Nashville, TN. I am educated, hold an IT job that pays well and consider myself decently intelligent. The fact that you throw all of Tennessee's citizens into one ignorant group just shows how ignorant you are.

I am very against TSA having checkpoints on the Interstate that I drive to work on everyday, and quite frankly I am pissed about it.

Try staying on topic next time instead of categorizing someone by what state they are from...

edit on 20-10-2011 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just because people associate TSA with airports, doesn't mean that their mandate doesn't go beyond this.

The "T" in TSA stands for "Transport", meaning any system used to transport goods or people.

GWB's PATRIOT act gives them the power to do this, without warrant, without just cause. And you Americans voted him back into office a second time, AFTER this act was passed almost unanimously, less than three weeks after 9/11.

Don't like it, too bad. Obama has also renewed it three times and then the last time was renewed for three years despite a provision in the act that it be renewed every year. This act is the most blatant unconstitutional law in history, but keeps getting renewed without challenge by lawmakers that YOU keep electing.

Feel safer from terrorists now?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Since nobody is flying the TSA needs to justify its existence.

Commercial Air Travel in America has just about collapsed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I didn't see this yet. Here is the link to the actual state of Tennessee website with some of the details.

Department of Safety & Homeland Security Partners with Federal, State Agencies for Statewide Safety Operation

“Operations such as this strengthen relationships and enhance coordination between federal and state Homeland Security officials, and local law enforcement by using a ‘team of teams’ approach,” Commissioner Bill Gibbons said. VIPR operations enable Homeland Security officials and local law enforcement to develop joint operational security processes and procedures in advance of terrorism threats and attacks, Gibbons noted.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s (www.TN.Gov/safety) mission is to ensure the safety and general welfare of the public. The department encompasses the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Office of Homeland Security and Driver License Services. General areas of responsibility include law enforcement, safety education, motorist services and terrorism prevention.

The terrorists hate you for your freedoms

edit on 20-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I do see something suspicious...Government check points!!!
This is a crock o' s#%*, my friends. And the TV "report" was also saying, "Let's turn citizens into cops."
Yeah, if the public is doing their work for them, then they get more time for coffee and donuts, huh?
Good find, S&F. If they have a lead on a crime, so be it. Random stops? Forget it!
This is not good.
edit on 20-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: Tried to use a fake cuss word. Guess it was too close to the real thing!

link   
When I was in the 7th grade in Dallas we were required to read 1984 by a new Teacher from New York.. I was a horrible student but loved to read so I really was absorbed by the book and looking forward to the class discussions but suddenly we were no longer allowed to discuss or even required.to finish reading the book.... It turned out that a bunch of right wing conservative Bible Beating Baptist and other assorted protestants and inbred puritanical witch hunting yankee hating cretins were wanting to have our wonderful and enlightened teacher nailed to a stump and burned alive as a commie witch that was poisoning the brains of their suburban redneck clones... They couldn't handle the part where Winston behaved like a man and got laid... It was about the same time that JFK came to Dallas and left in a box... The little innocent Jr.high students were either stunned and silent or doing what their white trash parents would have approved of and cheering... I remember the teacher that wanted to enlighten us about what she saw that was likely to be our future and what signs to take notice of.. She changed a lot.

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Ultimately they would demand to know why more had not been done to protect the country and its people from domestic enemies.

I fixed that for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Well thanks, what was I thinking?

You all really are in for a rude, RUDE awakening.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Apparently knowing your rights when stopped may not help.....

www.aclu.org...

edit on 10/20/2011 by ReluctantBlossom because: nevermind

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh come on.. these checkpoints take manpower and resources. What better way to get individual hired with no skills or very little and get the economy going. Give jobs a chance...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems that there might be more to come folks.

edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Statement:

Whenever I bring up the constitutional rights to travel, and to not have your papers (identification = papers in my opinion) seized or searched without a warrant, one common response is that airports are private property, and that there are alternative means of travel.

Question:

If the alternative means of travel become subject to warrantless search of our "papers," and if they occur in locations other than on private property - i.e. local, state, or federal government owned public roads and highways - then does it become a violation of the fourth and fourteenth amendment?

Just asking. Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

I can supply my own security.

The Supreme Court already said that was not the responsibility of the police department.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well... I guess this is the begining of the end. Guess I'll see you guys later in the FEMA camp....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join