It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am probably missing something, if this is true, but isn't this the EXACT scenario the potus administration was all up in arm over claiming Arizona was going to do something like this and that it was going to stir things up and start a mess?!?
(not I believed for a second Arizona's Governor would be this extreme)

...isn't this the exact same thing??

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You see we are being set-up for more violations of the US Constitution by those who swore to uphold it. Case in point Mexcian Trucking firms now will be roaming the lower 48 states - not only destroying jobs for americans - but also giving the police more reasons to pull anyone and everyone over just to be sure you are here legally.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marzabeth

marzabeth,
I hate to tell you this, but we have been on that slippery slope since the Patriot Act, and have already let most of our freedoms fall.
The fact that the TSA even exists is a violation of the 4th Amendment
It was a violation of the fourth amendment to even create the TSA since it was explicitly created to get around the entire concept of unlawful search and seizure. Sorry, rant over.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The armed mob will remove this inconvenience...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven
So how is this any different then the checkpoints and random stops the police already do?

They are unconstitutional and I have informed every officer that has stopped me without cause of this fact and have never been detained or searched.

Maybe you guys should form a militia instead.

That is what the Second Amendment is all about and I am already a member of one.

Everyone wants to be secure, but no one wants security.

No, what I want is freedom. I can provide my own security.

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
- Benjamin Franklin

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

That is exactly why you need to know your rights and be confident in your execution of them.

Know your rights, be polite when exercising them them, be firm without being combative, if they want to take it to the next step for example and search your vehicle absent legitimate cause, make them do that with your objection noted.

Go home, write up the incident with as much detail as you can and call a lawyer or the local chapter of the ACLU or the local newspaper. Perhaps nothing comes out of it. If hundreds of people are calling the press or ACLU something will come out of it, or is more likely to.

When you do that for yourself, you do it for everyone. When I do that, I do it for you as well.

We are all in this fight over the erosion of our rights and privacy together.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I have absolutely NO problem with making sure tractor trailers and commercials vehicles are checked for bombs and stuff, they are all operating in business vehicles that can easily be used to transport bombs/weapons/people/whatever bad stuff you can think of

Huh? its legal to transport bombs, legal to transport weapons, and legal to transport people. In America, the land of the free, you can go wherever you want with basically whatever you want. There is no reason we need a bunch of crazed madmen with guns operating checkpoints and shaking down the business owners for every violation you could ever think of. What you are supporting is being used as a scam to shake people down for money and not prevent a single bad thing from happening.

Regardless of your motive, which I have to question given that again there is nothing wrong with transporting bombs, people, and weapons. It happens all the time with nothing bad happening as a result, except in the case of metro area (and sometimes local) police and US military who have a habit of killing innocent people with them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Considering how easy it is in the USA for foreigners to open trucking and freight transport companies, and to use commercial vehicles for transporting weapons, drugs and potentially to be used in major terrorist attacks.

They really aren't doing enough.

You've seen what they did with a few plane tickets, box cutters and a plan on 9/11.

You ain't seen nothing yet!.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I've known this would happen for a while, I think many of us have..it was just a matter of time. TSA power grab.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I felt the same way about DUI checkpoints, buisness is buisness like usual too I may add you shoukd check out the parallels.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Someone said to me the other day..."what's the point of all the security at the airports when people are simply walking across our border everyday?" and a light bulb went on for me. I just hadn't thought of that. If 'they' are so worried about national security why not shut down the borders? So, I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevincredible

It would be very interesting to get a cost benefit analysis of what we spend on homeland security, including TSA and the number of "terrorist" actions that have actually been stopped.

Lets factor in some value for time lost/productivity in checkpoints, security lines based on average wage.

Lets get those numbers, which is in the hundreds of $billions and lay them against the worse case scenario, factoring in the number of deaths that would have occurred would the terrorists actually been successful had they not been stopped and see what the price/life is. Lets take that and make the citizens of the country make a decision as to whether or not it is worth the investment.

We make decisions regarding public safety of the same order every day that have calculated loss of life within them. We don't for example have 25/hr speed limits everywhere even though road deaths are substantial, nor ban gas water heaters despite the fact that they are a cause of fires. Many more examples where as a society we make decisions when those decisions are guaranteed to cost lives.

How many lives are we saving for the money spent "to make us safer" by the implementation of DHS and the TSA?

Lets not forget that freedom from warrantless searches, routine violations of privacy that occur everyday are priceless.

The homeland security infrastructure is merely an extension of the military industrial complex. As entrenched, as pervasive and it will as difficult to dismantle.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
Actually, I am either missing something, or quite surprised by how you guys are reacting. We are FAR from having a police state in Brazil, but all our roads have check points and are controlled by State Police and Federal Police.

I dunno. Did you look at the pics you posted? Seemed pretty police state-ish to me.

Considering that our economy could not survive without the transportation of cargo by trucks (we don't have many train stations, sadly), our roads need to be controlled, or criminals would have at it (more than they already do).
Historically, we really haven't had a problem with criminals controlling US roadways like highwaymen. Thus, there isn't a need to have armed goons shaking down citizens trying to get their families to Disney Land.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Random highway checkpoints?
I would have some words for a TSA officer if i were stopped by him on say, my way home or to work.
Seems like they're testing it out, way to go gestapo.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
Actually, I am either missing something, or quite surprised by how you guys are reacting. We are FAR from having a police state in Brazil, but all our roads have check points and are controlled by State Police and Federal Police.

Considering that our economy could not survive without the transportation of cargo by trucks (we don't have many train stations, sadly), our roads need to be controlled, or criminals would have at it (more than they already do).

If I misunderstood the reason for your concerns, I am sorry. Now, what TSA does in US airports, that is quite extreme. We don't go that far here in Brazil. Not nearly that far. But our roads have always been controlled by state and federal police.

edit on 20-10-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

First of all, we don't have roving bands of bandits on our highways...unless you consider the police to be bandits, which I actually do.

Second, we have a constitution which expressly forbids the government from searching us without a warrant.

Third, there is no "terrorist threat", so many of us are upset that TSA is wasting our tax dollars. More to the point, TSA itself, the entire organization, is a waste of tax dollars. If the government wants to create a "works project", they should do something that is actually beneficial to society, instead of creating a giant tick to suck the life out of our country.

Edit to add- You know what? I was wrong. We DO have a terrorist threat. It is called the United States Government. The government and its goons cause more fear in this country than any Muslim that I am aware of. I think that is the definition of a terrorist, right?
edit on 20-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Considering how easy it is in the USA for foreigners to open trucking and freight transport companies, and to use commercial vehicles for transporting weapons, drugs and potentially to be used in major terrorist attacks.

They really aren't doing enough.

You've seen what they did with a few plane tickets, box cutters and a plan on 9/11.

You ain't seen nothing yet!.

a perfect example of a "good" citizen of the state.. keep drinking the kool aid and believing the propaganda comrade.. How much the state paying you to spy on and report your countrymen ? Or did they give you a fancy commission as an officer ? You must sleep good knowing you sold out your countrymen for the security of the state...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Yep, you're right. The Muslims are the new Jews for our Nazi state. TSA is the new Gestapo.
Waiting for the Obama youth corps to come to fruition

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I still remember my childhood during the Communist Romania (Ceausescu's time), never heard of TSA style actions on people. If you were "suspect" you would be visited by the police but never searched to see if you are suspect.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
a perfect example of a "good" citizen of the state.. keep drinking the kool aid and believing the propaganda comrade.. How much the state paying you to spy on and report your countrymen ? Or did they give you a fancy commission as an officer ? You must sleep good knowing you sold out your countrymen for the security of the state...

If you only knew.

Actions speak louder than words, and in this case, at least in regard to "national security" inaction will have dire consequences.

It's all about weaknesses and vulnerabilities.. And in particular how an enemy can exploit them.

By the way Friend, how are your Chinese patriots treating you these days?

edit on 20-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join