It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+90 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Soviet union police state is here.

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

The random inspections really aren’t any more thorough normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference.

“People generally associate the TSA with airport security…but now we have moved on to other forms of transportation, such as highways, buses and railways,” said Kevin McCarthy, TSA federal security director for West Tennessee.

The Tennessee governor is a traitor to the constitution. So are the cops, TSA trash and homeland security goons doing this.

Random inspection for no reason = violation of fourth amendment.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Time to bring out the big guns imo

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They have been doing random checkpoints here for a while. The first time I saw one I was shocked. It is such a violation of our rights as citizens, though no one else seemed concerned. People in general seemed to think that the stops were okay and that if the drivers were doing nothing wrong they didn't have anything to worry about. In fact a lot of people were all for it...catching random 'law breakers' and what ever else-probably looking for illegals as we are in California.

I couldn't get over what a blatant disregard for our constitutional rights this was. The next time I saw one I walked over to the police man that looked to be in charge. I asked what was going on, why they were conducting checkpoints, do they catch a lot of people, what are they usually guilty of...My friends were shocked that I would do that. I just figured that I basically pay these guys salaries and as a citizen I had a right to know. Luckily for me the police men were very nice and answered my questions-they were extremely patient actually. I didn't think about how I could have been interfering with "official business".

I don't really know how I feel about these random stops and it seems to me that it is a slippery slope. Once the public gets used to being stopped then they will accept other violations of our rights and before you realize what happened we've given up our freedom.

Anyway, it really feels like you are living in some militarized nation to see these stops being conducted.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They have already gone too far. This is pointless, useless, a waste of money, and not to mention against our rights as citizens. (not like that means much anymore) I think soon more and more people are going to start fighting back physically instead of holding a sign and chanting. I am embarrassed to call this my county sometimes. Because it stands for almost nothing i stand for.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Coming soon to a town near you....

Random Home Inspections!
RFID tags for the kiddies!
Digital only money!
Home grown organic farmer terrorism!
An arrest & conviction for everyone!

Remember, Service guarantees citizenship!

edit on 19-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I miss the good old days when the government used to gather intelligence to catch the bad guys.

Now they hope to randomly find them. What a waste of resources! :shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So how is this any different then the checkpoints and random stops the police already do?

Maybe you guys should form a militia instead.

Everyone wants to be secure, but no one wants security.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marzabeth
They have been doing random checkpoints here for a while. The first time I saw one I was shocked. It is such a violation of our rights as citizens, though no one else seemed concerned.

Hey, much like the old Soviet Union or Stazi-ist East Germany.
You walk around a corner, and the officers there instantly demand PAPERS!!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I miss the good old days when the government used to gather intelligence to catch the bad guys.

Now they hope to randomly find them. What a waste of resources! :shk:

I don't feel it's so much to catch "the bad guys" that is just the cover story.
It is more likely to gradually bring about a police state.
The more uninformed citizens except it the more it can move on to the next phase.
Fear is a great way to get people to surrender their rights.
Especially if you have some boogieman vague enemy that is used as an excuse for such drastic measures.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven
So how is this any different then the checkpoints and random stops the police already do?

I'm not a fan of checkpoints I feel they are unconstitutional but those are usually done by local or state police.
I feel it's a whole different game when a federal agency becomes involved.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

So different rights are being violated based on who is at the checkpoint?

Seems like there would be more police patrolling if someone else was at the checkpoint.

So much fearmongering

Wake me when the national guard have checkpoints

+108 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven

Everyone wants to be secure, but no one wants security.

That's not true.
You just said something that wasn't true.

I do not want to be secure!!!
Let me repeat that just in case you aren't able to wrap your head around what I just said.
I DO NOT want to be secure!!!!!!

I want freedom.

I would rather have freedom than security anyday.
I am somebody, therefore not EVERYBODY wants to be secure.
I'll just bet I'm not the only one either.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
One day people are going to look around and say, "What happened here? We use to be a free country. How did we lose our rights over night?"

I guess it is just like the frog in the pot. They take a little here, a little there. They get us use to regulation, restriction and submission. The frequency they are doing it now though is just astounding.

We are past the point of no return IMO. I hope these idiots enjoy the bumpy road to Despotism. They earned it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

No I would say that federal involvement sets up a whole new precedent which could open a can of worms where
federal agency start policing many aspects of peoples lives.
Maybe if things do continue on their course you just might see a national guard checkpoint in the future.
The patriot act has changed many aspects of living in america.

the fourth amendment does not seem to have much ground to stand on anymore

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
OMG!

I wonder if the Germans are going to have to come to the USA to save us from the Nazis this time??

Cuz it sure looks like that to me........

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is the real Police State activity. Thanks for posting. I oppose the TSA airport groping as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Local news cast "report".. which was actually govt screed read by a bad actor. Notice how caviler he is as he reads this utter tripe.. as if it's just normal, every day stuff.. ho hum.

Most of this "report", I literally thought.. was clever Onion News, turned out to be Orwellian. "safety enforcement and awareness operation" is silly blatant.

I experienced none of this growing up, no DUI check points.. paying cash for a smoking section airline ticket 20 min before take-off was do-able. Nobody got put on "lists" for doing so either. Kids weren't fondled by strangers.. Most parents instinctively would be pissed if a random stranger availed themselves to their children's junk.. but it's ok if they wear color of authority, and dear leader says so... now pledge allegiance to this behavior.

TSA Checkpoints Now on Tennessee Interstate Highways
tennesseenewspress.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
When I was living in NC right before I moved to Vegas they put in these machines at the truck weight stations that were suppose to be able to detect any bombs or drugs or something like that...

I don't know why if they have machines like this we need to waste money and man power to do this work when there is usually a state trooper at the weight station if not a couple of them that should be able to handle whatever...

I have absolutely NO problem with making sure tractor trailers and commercials vehicles are checked for bombs and stuff, they are all operating in business vehicles that can easily be used to transport bombs/weapons/people/whatever bad stuff you can think off... And since they are basically "at work" and are conducting business on our highways I see no reason why they should not have any issues with being safety checked just like they are weighed at the stations for safety..

What I DO have a problem with however is TSA being involved with ANYTHING especially anything outside the airport I also have a big problem with the Federal Government policing our states that is not what the Federal Government is in place to do and it is not their right to operate in that way... Much like in California it is legal for Marijuana and the Federal Government is starting to shut down dispensaries again and give people issues when because its not legal on the federal level... WELL guess what if the state that you live in because enough of the citizens who OWN that state pass a law then the Federal Government needs to keep its nose out of that states business...

They do not have the right to randomly pull over cars for no reason and search them and this sets a precedent that can quickly turn into a slippery slope.... This is something that should have been approved by the state through a vote and it should have been carried out by hiring more state troopers to patrol the roads as well as carry out inspections of hauling trucks that have to check in at weight stations. This is not something the TSA should be handling or the Federal Level should be handling these are state roads and are maintained by the state the highway patrol and state troopers should be the only ones involved here who by the way are actual trained law enforcement unlike the idiot TSA mafia who thinks they can do whatever they wish these people are a joke.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This wont happen in Texas. If they attempt it there will be violence, that is certain. I am pretty surprised this was allowed in Tennessee.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Secure from what? the "terrorists" who hellbent on destroying us? So hellbent infact that they havent even attacked us since 1993?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join