It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just think its pretty sad that minorities voted for this douchebag for pres and now looky who they openly target.

They cant even get through a 5 min tv spot without showing racist bias against the brown man.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You have every right to say no you cannot inspect my car without a warrant tell them with out a warrant they can kiss your hind quarter and make sure you are recording their answer lets get a lawsuit together and protect our rights

and if the lawsuit fails we always have violence as a last resort.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
“People generally associate the TSA with airport security…but now we have moved on to other forms of transportation, such as highways, buses and railways,” said Kevin McCarthy, TSA federal security director for West Tennessee.

Oh dear Lord... does anyone else think that sounds as awful as I do?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marzabeth
They have been doing random checkpoints here for a while. The first time I saw one I was shocked. It is such a violation of our rights as citizens, though no one else seemed concerned. People in general seemed to think that the stops were okay and that if the drivers were doing nothing wrong they didn't have anything to worry about. In fact a lot of people were all for it...catching random 'law breakers' and what ever else-probably looking for illegals as we are in California.

I couldn't get over what a blatant disregard for our constitutional rights this was. The next time I saw one I walked over to the police man that looked to be in charge. I asked what was going on, why they were conducting checkpoints, do they catch a lot of people, what are they usually guilty of...My friends were shocked that I would do that. I just figured that I basically pay these guys salaries and as a citizen I had a right to know. Luckily for me the police men were very nice and answered my questions-they were extremely patient actually. I didn't think about how I could have been interfering with "official business".

I don't really know how I feel about these random stops and it seems to me that it is a slippery slope. Once the public gets used to being stopped then they will accept other violations of our rights and before you realize what happened we've given up our freedom.

Anyway, it really feels like you are living in some militarized nation to see these stops being conducted.

...Really? That's happening out here? What part of CA, are you in and what police department was it (hopefully, not any local police departments like this would be any better)? I'm in the L.A. area and I haven't seen this yet. I just usually see the random DUI checkpoints and that's about it for my area in terms of checkpoints. Then again, I'm not usually outside the L.A., freeway system much at all.

I agree, definitely another violation of our rights and a waste of tax payer dollars. They can't find anything else to do except screw around with us? How about they go do some real police work...there's plenty in Southern California. Maybe they could start by getting the gangs off the streets instead of stopping us on the highways/freeways! I thought that is what CHP was for...to police the highways.

Great thread OP

ETA
I wish they would stop me in an attempt to search my vehicle for any reason...first thing outta' my mouth is..."search warrant please".
edit on 10/20/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In the book "From Freedom to Slavery" the author, Gerry Spence pretty much forecast about all of the things that has occurred and is occurring at this time... Nineteen Ninety Three was long before anyone I know of ever heard of Barry Obama.. If you want to be enlightened by brilliance just Google the words Gerry Spence, he is years ahead of where the rest of us are.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would also begin asking ANY TSA officials Why are they doing the state police dept.s job? Are they planning to replace the Sate Police? If not, why isn't the funding that pays their salaries redirected to my state's police force?
My state needs the funds more than the TSA.
Go back to feeling up elderly ladies at the airport.
State officials should be LIVID about this if for no other reason than asking why the hell the state didnt get the funding to do this themselves?
Morons in Tenn Govt... you are getting robbed and slapped around like a mob victim and you are to dumb to realize it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Funny how so many people here think that this all started 2 or 3 years ago. Back in 2002, The president ordered the creation of the TSA (serial fondlers), the Department of Homeland Security (a spy for every citizen), and the Patriot Act (a giant wrecking ball of citizen's rights), not only did those who supported him, support these things, but I seem to remember being called un-American by these supporters when I called the measures unconstitutional. All these things were fine then. What makes you all so "un-American", now. When it was started 9 years ago, where was the outrage? It filled my home, at the time, but apparently I wasn't American enough to matter. The time to say something was when "your boy" was in office..... Just go on complaining. The precedents have already been established. Maybe you should have said something when it mattered....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
“People generally associate the TSA with airport security…

Oh dear Lord... does anyone else think that sounds as awful as I do?

Yeah, I generally associate the TSA with Nazi.

I guess Tennessee is the first state to Nazism, next up Eugenics...oh wait they already doing that too.

edit on 20-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The first time I recall seeing random check points was in Utah in the late 1960's. That part is not new in any way. They used to search random cars at the California border, don't know if they still do that. I remember them doing that in the 1960's as well. They said it was for produce, but everyone knew it was for drugs or weapons. They would pull cars at random out of the line and then go through them completely just because.

Different reason now though. Then it was looking for drunks and drugs. Not much new going on here though, just different agencies and reasons. I don't think anyone has ever won in court against this. Public safety carries a lot of weight in court it would seem.

I think the key word is random. Random means no rights violation I'm guessing.

I do agree this is out of control and that Napalitano(sp?) woman gives me the creeps. Every time I see her eyes I have visions of her in a Nazi SS uniform.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven
So how is this any different then the checkpoints and random stops the police already do?

Maybe you guys should form a militia instead.

Everyone wants to be secure, but no one wants security.

I have to agree with you, Im on the fence about the TSA since they do hire some under qualified personnel are are a bit unprofessional but TSA does stand for Transportation Security Administration and they are a federal entitiy so they can set up and if they really are setting up checkpoints wherever the feel its neccessary, I think its a waste of money as another member stated but these are the times we are now living in.The "terrorists" have done thier job, they have struck fear into americans and now we are all living in the hyper-aware zone.
edit on 10-06-2011 by Blu82 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Wake up! Educate yourself! You are utterly clueless if you believe what you said in that post.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lildaddy985

Funny how so many people here think that this all started 2 or 3 years ago. Back in 2002, The president ordered the creation of the TSA (serial fondlers), the Department of Homeland Security (a spy for every citizen), and the Patriot Act (a giant wrecking ball of citizen's rights), not only did those who supported him, support these things, but I seem to remember being called un-American by these supporters when I called the measures unconstitutional. All these things were fine then. What makes you all so "un-American", now. When it was started 9 years ago, where was the outrage? It filled my home, at the time, but apparently I wasn't American enough to matter. The time to say something was when "your boy" was in office..... Just go on complaining. The precedents have already been established. Maybe you should have said something when it mattered....

Agreed this is not an Obama issue the previous president laid the Groundwork for this with Homeland security and the patriot act Obama is simply following through.
Even during the Clinton Administration and before 911 plans where in the works to bring the US closer to a police state.
911 was a godsend for those who would love a security state with unlimited war powers.
But I guess people still want to paint it as a left/ right democrat/ republican issue.
But both sides are bought by the same corporations and get there strings pulled by the same elite.
I'm convinced that Bush is a puppet and so is Obama.
If the next president is not Ron Paul then whatever republican wins if Obama does not win will be a puppet also.
edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

I guess Tennessee is the first state to Nazism, next up Eugenics...oh wait they already doing that too.

edit on 20-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

Actually, I would say Arizona would be, since they already allow random, non-warranted checking of your papers to deem if you are a citizen based on your color. I don't see how it's different in Tennessee, except now they are not targeting "the other", they are targeting you, white, middle class Americans. It always starts by targeting minority groups, such as Muslims and Latinos and the poor, and no one does anything, because they are not Muslim or Latino or poor. But then they start targeting you and you cause an uproar. Well, a lot of other races and religions in the U.S. already live in a fascist state. If we had taken collective action from the beginning to protect some of the groups that are already having their rights taken away, perhaps we wouldn't already be somewhere in the middle of a giant slippery slope of human right abuses. But face it, the U.S. is actively trying to take away our rights, and they are doing it in such a way that oftentimes, we agree with it or look the other way.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This whole thing made me thing of the Movie Brazil still a classic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I have always said our freedoms will be stripped away one at a time under the guise of public saftey. They have RFID for your pets, and it is already being discussed your your kids. The day they inject me with a chip is the day they do it in the morgue!

Welcome to the USSA!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

I've always seen Brazil as more representative than 1984. It does seem to be a window into what it might become if this does not stop.

Oddly enough, the star of that is a rabid Progressive who is for the very beliefs that are making this possible.

I've always found the descriptive words about the so called Liberals vs the Conservatives to be ironic. The Liberal Progressives want less freedom and more government, while the Consevatives want more freedom and less government. So much hypocrisy in this system.

If the Progressives get their way, I wonder how they will like the system they think they want? The Celebrities who are pushing that agenda will no longer be rich or paid the massive amounts of money they make under Capitalism. Why anyone listens to them is beyond me. Dumb I guess.

A President who taught Alinsky to children is something I never thought we would see. If he beleives what he taught those kids, his Presidency is a coup.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I know exactly what needs be done (I wouldn't do it), but if I said it out loud (or even wrote it down), I would probably never see the light of day again. So, just getting our money out of all banks that aren't local, and using credit unions would be a damn good start. And if you find yourself at one of these "checkpoints" be sure to tell them, "Sorry, not without a warrant".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Things like this could only happen in places such as Tennessee, where the population are generally ignorant. If the government tried # like this here in Seattle were most of us went to college they would be run out of town on a rail. This happening in Tennessee though, just the chickens coming home to roost in a place full of redneck hatemongers...nuff said.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
GEORGE ORWELL

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States

They are clearly violating the US Constitution, and this is clearly TYRANNY.

I've encountered this check points and have engaged the police and pointed out that the Constitution clearly states that they cannot stop an individual without reasonable suspicion of a crime.

I have found that as long as you are polite and level headed pointing these laws out they will quickly wave you through without checking you or your car

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join