I know its cool to blindly agree with everything Ron Paul stands for and I personally have been a long time Ron Paul supporter. Although I agree with
some of his viewpoints there are many other's that I feel would have disastrous consequences on this nation.
I do agree with ending foreign wars, foreign aid, ect... but completely eliminating the Department of Energy and Education!?!? You have got to be
kidding me!? I would suggest anyone who is for this should get ready to say goodbye to student loans, grants, new educational programs, new energy
programs, ect and much more of which both of these Departments are involved in.
The reduction in Federal and Congressional spending I do agree with, but extending the Bush Tax cuts!? You have got to be kidding me, Standard and
Poor's specifically stated that not repealing the Bush Tax cuts was one of the primary reasons for our lowered credit rating. Then lower the Corporate
Tax rate even more to 15%, but do nothing about ending Corporate Loopholes. (Please look-up corporate Tax Rates over the last 50 years, even under
Reagan and corporations payed higher tax's and contributed more to this economy.)
Whether you like to believe it or not our Healthcare system is completely broken and "Obamacare" as its known will actually benefit you 99%'ers and
repealing this will have unimaginable consequences to the millions who have finally received healthcare. (Please read whats in Obama care before
spewing talking points about that bad it is) Dodd-Frank is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL if we EVER want to fix this CIRCUS in wallstreet. Dodd-Frank is the
reform Occupy Wallstreet needs to be fighting for, but Ron Paul wants to eliminate it!? Half of Dodd-Frank hasn't even been implemented because of
Corporate Lobbyist who will never let it pass! Now Ron Paul wants to join these coporate Lobbyists!?
This plan will essentially make eliminate many programs the Middle class are relying on and will give many benefits to the multi-national corporations
that have hijacked our country. (Even more benefits than they have now, which has made the top 1% richer than any time in U.S. history and which has
pushed the income inequality gap farther than any nation that has ever existed on this PLANET)
Although a full audit of the Fed is completely necessary if we ever want to stabilize out of control spending caused by our Fractional Reserve
So in all I agree with about 40% of the proposed plans in this bill and sadly have to disagree with the other 60% after reading it MORE Carefully. I
am not trying to change anyone's opinions, I really just want people to understand what these kinds of plans will bring to the U.S. and this is just
based on assumptions. This is based on the progress that the United States has made and the abolishment of many programs that keep kids educated,get
the U.S. off foreign oil, and to reform Wall-Street so it doesn't have the ability to TAKE OVER America.
edit on 18-10-2011 by evolv because:
edit on 18-10-2011 by evolv because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-10-2011 by evolv because: (no reason