It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's comprehensive economic 'Plan to Restore America' *JUST RELEASED*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com...

Some of my favorite parts:

CUTTING GOVERNMENT WASTE:
Makes a 10% reduction in the federal workforce,
slashes Congressional pay and perks, and curbs
excessive federal travel. To stand with the American
People, President Paul will take a salary of $39,336,
approximately equal to the median personal income of
the American worker.

REGULATION:
Repeals ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-
Oxley. Mandates REINS-style requirements for
thorough congressional review and authorization
before implementing any new regulations issued by
bureaucrats. President Paul will also cancel all onerous
regulations previously issued by Executive Order.

ENTITLEMENTS:
Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans,
while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants
Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States
the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their
own unique problems without harming those currently
relying on the programs.

I love seeing all of the dramatic spending cuts, it is exactly what America needs.
edit on 17-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think hell has just frozen over, Rush Limbaugh has just openly supported and endorsed Ron Paul's economic plan. Rush has proven over and over and over again how much he HATES Ron Paul but to set ALL of those differences aside because he agrees to a true conservative fiscal plan.

Why does he support Ron Paul on these plans? Because he says he was the first to talk about them on his radio show. No wonder.

"Ron Paul has a good idea"

"fooling around the margins isn't going to get it done... genuine big spending cuts are the ONLY thing that is going to bring us back"

"These are not really Ron Paul's ideas. On this program I myself have suggested freezing spending at 2008 levels. Let's freeze spending back to Clinton's years. Paul is stealing that idea. Cutting the EPA? We've long been an advocate of this...eliminating whole bureaucracies. But nobody on our side has ever seriously proposed this and Ron Paul is going to".

"Ron Paul is going to put it forward."

"We know that little chunks here and there are not going to make a dent ion the problem; it has to be serious."
"Romney has a 59 point program, it might be a good program, but it's not what's needed if we are going to save the country and preserve it as it has been for all of us since we were born."

"We [on this show] have called for everything that Paul is suggesting . He will be the first candidate to actually do so. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this. They might try to ignore it. No one's going to want to agree with him since it comes from Paul....... The EPA needs to be dialed back fast and big time; it's become it's own little fiefdom, and the FCC is getting close [to becoming a fiefdom too]."

Clip of his radio show where he focuses on the economic plan:

edit on 17-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is awesome. Now any time somebody questions how exactly he would fix the deficit, he can point to this and say "BAM." Sure as hell beats the 3 large one toping pizzas for 9 dollars each plan.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I think hell has just frozen over, Rush Limbaugh has just openly supported and endorsed Ron Paul's economic plan.

Good God! I cannot believe it. As much as I don't care for Rush, this is big news for us RP supporters. Rush has an extremely large audience of conservatives and if he can get his listener-base to back RP, we might be in for some astonishing number increases.

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 10/17/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I do have to admit this part pisses me off a little bit:

"These are not really Ron Paul's ideas. On this program I myself have suggested freezing spending at 2008 levels. Let's freeze spending back to Clinton's years. Paul is stealing that idea. Cutting the EPA? We've long been an advocate of this...eliminating whole bureaucracies. But nobody on our side has ever seriously proposed this and Ron Paul is going to".

So, Paul is stealing Limbaugh's ideas? I'd like to know when Rush presented this idea, since I know back during the 2007 debates, Paul was advocating taking our spending back to 90's levels (when advocating getting rid of the income tax, as this is where government funds in 2007 would be without the income tax), and I know Paul's been saying generally related and more expansive things for decades now.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Does this mean Cain can stop referring to his 9-9-9 plan as 'bold'?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

These are great things that we all want to happen but will never see
the elite will never let this happen, the media depicts him as a joke and no matter how many vote it will never happen. Vote Ron Paul 2012, I know I will but one can only hope unfortunately.
edit on 17-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is awesome. It's good to see all those departments - eliminated. How will the other candidates respond to this? The 9-9-9 plan is starting to look like a bad pizza commercial.

link   
hey guys im pretty new. i have a question how do i flag?

link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I feel for you I really do but,

At this point, it isn't even worth it to be negative anymore. Since the founding fathers, America has NEVER come this far to bringing a real president (that actually follows this closely the oaths he swears) into office. If you know your stuff, the elite doesn't even have any power over you.

I'm tired of all of the negative comments and sad faces, we have a HERO, a CHAMPION, a MODEL to shape our future politicians after. Ron Paul knew damn well the forces he was going up against for the last 30 years, you really think he didn't know the consequences if he ran for President? He has stood up to direct insults and over-exaggerated aggression from the media and knows damn well what could or might happen if he were to bring real change as president and I know he prepared himself long ago for those scenarios.

If we stand strong, keep our beliefs firm, united for a single cause, LIBERTY, nobody can stop us...not even the damned elites...they don't have any real power over us and don't EVER give them a reason to think they do.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Imlookingthroughyou

Top left of the thread, you'll see the number of flags and the flag button to the right of it. I didn't know when I was new either.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Does this mean Cain can stop referring to his 9-9-9 plan as 'bold'?

Not really (and not that it has a chance), but the 9-9-9 plan is a larger departure from normal than Paul's plan, which is a reduction (and a needed one) of what we have now. Having said that, I saved a copy. Let's see what the other candidates can do in comparison. Anything? At least Can and Paul are talking specifics. Have the other candidates offered anything at all substantive?

P.S. I love cutting all those agencies--for a start. Now for the next five eliminations....
edit on 10/17/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I feel for you I really do but,

At this point, it isn't even worth it to be negative anymore. Since the founding fathers, America has NEVER come this far to bringing a real president (that actually follows this closely the oaths he swears) into office. If you know your stuff, the elite doesn't even have any power over you.

I'm tired of all of the negative comments and sad faces, we have a HERO, a CHAMPION, a MODEL to shape our future politicians after. Ron Paul knew damn well the forces he was going up against for the last 30 years, you really think he didn't know the consequences if he ran for President? He has stood up to direct insults and over-exaggerated aggression from the media and knows damn well what could or might happen if he were to bring real change as president and I know he prepared himself long ago for those scenarios.

If we stand strong, keep our beliefs firm, united for a single cause, LIBERTY, nobody can stop us...not even the damned elites...they don't have any real power over us and don't EVER give them a reason to think they do.

I'll stand behind him and fight the losing battle but your kidding yourself thinking it will happen. Talk to people that don't use ATS about Ron Paul and see what there answer is, and after you get tired of hearing the laughter and jokes from the ignorant you'll know what I mean. Drive around a little you'll see there are still people with Obama stickers on their car and cars with Obama 2012 stickers.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thats funny because I do grassroots volunteering and tabling for Ron Paul on my own, all of my experiences dealing with people here in Los Angeles, a major liberal city in a major liberal state, I get way more Ron Paul supporters telling me to keep it up and that they're voting for him vs. those who will not vote for him and those who say he is unelectable. I even get democrats telling me they're switching to republican just to vote for him in our closed primaries.

The amount of excited Ron Paul voters I've bumped into vs non-supporters is overwhelming and you can take that to the bank.

If you're gonna get behind someone, at least pretend to believe you are on the side of truth. It is hard without the media on our side but it is undeniable and inevitable.

Let it not be said that we did nothing
-Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So, if the media isn't biased,

then we'll see this all over the MSM today, just as we did with Cains 9-9-9, and it'll be brought up during the debate tomorrow night.

Have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thats funny because I do grassroots volunteering and tabling for Ron Paul on my own, all of my experiences dealing with people here in Los Angeles, a major liberal city in a major liberal state, I get way more Ron Paul supporters telling me to keep it up and that they're voting for him vs. those who will not vote for him and those who say he is unelectable. I even get democrats telling me they're switching to republican just to vote for him in our closed primaries.

The amount of excited Ron Paul voters I've bumped into vs non-supporters is overwhelming and you can take that to the bank.

If you're gonna get behind someone, at least pretend to believe you are on the side of truth. It is hard without the media on our side but it is undeniable and inevitable.

Let it not be said that we did nothing
-Ron Paul

Like, I said, I hope it happens and I plan to Vote for him. I support Ron Paul and hope he wins. Unfortunately history has a nasty way of repeting itself and the good don't always prosper in this world.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I get way more Ron Paul supporters telling me to keep it up and that they're voting for him vs. those who will not vote for him and those

That's is great and keep up the good work! Just remember votes are miss counted and voted laws are over turned by those that don't care what we have to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I really hope Ron Paul can garner enough attention to win the election in '12. I think his plan seems sound and is definitely a step in the right direction. Not a useless 999 plan that's much of the same BS that doesn't address the source of our problems.

However, I really hope RP can take it one step further and eliminate pluralism in our country. Maybe if we eliminate the influence of financial institutions and corporations on our government, we could get back to more important things like, say, upholding the Constitution?

RP for days

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm loving it, drastically cut militarism, not one penny cut from veterans and defense.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"One person can't do it, but one person can lead the way."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join