It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's comprehensive economic 'Plan to Restore America' *JUST RELEASED*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by dethduck
That's all well and good, but...

How, exactly, does he plan to get congress to go along with and enact any of this?
No matter who is president, until something drastic changes with congress,i.e. an end to the same ol' same ol', the status quo that has held for decades untold WILL remain.

Thank you for the voice of reason

Congress would need to be cleaned out somehow. Can they be investigated?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Changed my party affiliation from Independent to Republican today, I don't agree with everything the man stands for but enough that he's getting my support.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I hope ron paul gets elected , it will be spectacular failure of liberal policies.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I cant open it in that format, I saved it to my comp but it says windows cant find a way to open it in the format. What does it say? Is there another way to view or read transcripts? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by dethduck
That's all well and good, but...

How, exactly, does he plan to get congress to go along with and enact any of this?
No matter who is president, until something drastic changes with congress,i.e. an end to the same ol' same ol', the status quo that has held for decades untold WILL remain.

Thank you for the voice of reason
You're welcome.
Funny how no one ever seems to address this point, it's all pep talks and rally for "My Guy!" and little forethought beyond the election itself. What good are the best policies if Congress is likely to stonewall them. The Oval Office is the last place we need to focus on these days, it's Congress where we need "Change" and until we clear that house out nothing in government ever will.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It is too late for Elmar Fudd aka Rush Limbaugh; that pig throwing his support behind Ron Paul is a bad sign and if I didn't know Ron Paul better I would be thinking some kind of screw is in.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Forgive me for the question, but wouldn't eliminating the Dept. of Education be a bad thing?

Could someone clarify this a little for me?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihsahn

I think the plan is to move it down to the state level. There really is no need currently to have Both State and National boards of Education dictating policy

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihsahn

Anything the government has thrown money at has broke.

in the 40's and 50's when the US was coming out of the great depression and had little or nothing to do with the school system it was #1 or close to it. Right now its close to top 50. there is no way we can fix the department of education unless its rebuilt from scratch.

we spend close to a trillion a year on education for really crappy global numbers. in order for the US to rebound, education is one of the first things that need restructuring to become more competitive on the global scene.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would vote for Ron Paul myself, probably will, but from what I've seen in MSM, they don't really intend to have him win, unfortunately I think that is not the plan..WHY? Well because TPTB don't want him in there. They want their puppets that will do whatever they tell them to do. Ron Paul does not fit the bill. I will vote, but it wont really count, never has. They seem to be Hyping up Herman Cain right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Everyone needs to get involved, and tell them to GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE.

Interesting idea, at the least. I'd like to see it take off and get the level of support needed to implement. If I saw it starting to move further, I'd probably drop the hundred bucks and become a candidate. Not currently aware of any likewise plan for the senate, though.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Turn this energy into real change vote in the primary and support Ron Paul cause the media wil ignore him unless more of us show our support for him.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shogu666

Which liberal policies would those be?

And would it be any more spectacular than the failures of all the policies that have bankrupted and knocked this country down to a shadow of what it used to be that Paul is trying to address? More spectacular than the swelling and intrusion of government, trillions of dollars in debt and a hundred-plus trillions of unfunded liabilities we're staring down the barrel of?

A drug war that results in drugs being purer, cheaper, and more available? A war on terror that directly induces terrorism? A foreign policy that engenders animosity?

What about a "regulatory" climate that only empowers big business/banks and sets up a revolving door policy between executives of these "regulated" businesses and "regulators" of these agencies, who then craft the regulations merely to enable their own desires and regulate any upstart and innovative competition right out of the market before it can become a threat?

It seems to me like we're already dealing with a profusion of failed policies that choke the life and wealth out of the common man and shelter the gatekeepers and powerbrokers from any outside interference.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is what my Liberal cousin is complaining about with this plan "Under a Paul presidency the departments of Energy, Education, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior would cease to exist. Their elimination would slice about $179 billion from the federal budget and cut about 134,000 federal jobs." What do you guys think, do you think it's a good idea to go after Dept of Edu?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I think hell has just frozen over, Rush Limbaugh has just openly supported and endorsed Ron Paul's economic plan. Rush has proven over and over and over again how much he HATES Ron Paul but to set ALL of those differences aside because he agrees to a true conservative fiscal plan.

Why does he support Ron Paul on these plans? Because he says he was the first to talk about them on his radio show. No wonder.

"Ron Paul has a good idea"

"fooling around the margins isn't going to get it done... genuine big spending cuts are the ONLY thing that is going to bring us back"

"These are not really Ron Paul's ideas. On this program I myself have suggested freezing spending at 2008 levels. Let's freeze spending back to Clinton's years. Paul is stealing that idea. Cutting the EPA? We've long been an advocate of this...eliminating whole bureaucracies. But nobody on our side has ever seriously proposed this and Ron Paul is going to".

"Ron Paul is going to put it forward."

"We know that little chunks here and there are not going to make a dent ion the problem; it has to be serious."
"Romney has a 59 point program, it might be a good program, but it's not what's needed if we are going to save the country and preserve it as it has been for all of us since we were born."

"We [on this show] have called for everything that Paul is suggesting . He will be the first candidate to actually do so. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this. They might try to ignore it. No one's going to want to agree with him since it comes from Paul....... The EPA needs to be dialed back fast and big time; it's become it's own little fiefdom, and the FCC is getting close [to becoming a fiefdom too]."

Clip of his radio show where he focuses on the economic plan:

edit on 17-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)
he's endorsing him because the GOP wants to kill his popularity with the Dems and "independents". if rush really wants paul to have a chance he'll keep his name out of his mouth. Simple fact is the GOP knows how 99% of non GOP people feel about rush and want to squash his popularity within that group. GOP is scared of paul because he is a real american that actually cares more about america than he does corporations and they'll do anything they can to stop him

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only leader running for the U.S. Presidency. All the others are business as usual politicians, and I for one am heartily tired of business as usual politics.

Mitt Romney has assembled a cast of white collar criminals to advise him. Perry is little more than a sock-puppet for special interests. Mr. Cain isn’t as bad as some of his competition, but he’s no statesman. He lacks respect for citizens whose opinions differ from his, and comes across as a bit of a fascist. Surely this nation has seen enough of that!!!!!

Ron Paul is the only person in the race with the character, vision and experience to be President of the United States. A vote for anyone else is a vote for business as usual politics, something no one in this country can afford.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ron Paul on CNN, CNBC etc with his plan
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The other GOP candidates are going to be awfully hungry soon, because Dr. Paul just ate their lunch. And I don't think too many of Rush's listeners are going to back RP because his foreign policy does not allow for their "blade and bow" idea of what our foreign policy should be.
edit on 10/18/2011 by OblivionGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Everybody in the country needs to get behind this plan. Getting our budget under control in 3 years??!!! Ron Paul had it right in the last debate when he called the other GOP candidates ideas "just tinkering." Romney's 59 point plan, Obama's and Cain's 9-9-9 plan do nothing. Their goals are laid out over a the next 10 years. You can't force further administrations to follow through with some cockamamie plan.

Rush is just a stinking opportunist. Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for 30 years and didn't steal a single thing from El Fatso. He does have a big audience so, that is one thing to be happy about.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So I'm guessing everyone in this thread is against occupy wallstreet movement and supports lower taxes for the rich and powerful while cutting programs that help the poor/middle class. Because thats what this plan does which the OP leaves out of course. I guess you all want to further widen the gap between the rich and poor. No wonder Rush Limbaugh is supporting him.

"Paul would also make far-reaching changes to federal tax policy, reducing the top corporate income tax rate to 15 percent, eliminating capital gains and dividends taxes and allowing for repatriation of overseas capital without tax penalties. All tax cuts enacted under former President George W. Bush would be extended."

Corporate income tax is pretty self explanatory. Capital gains tax = tax on money made from stocks, bonds etc. Huge tax break for the rich and powerful who will now be able to transfer even more wealth from the poor to the rich and manipulate and dominate the stock market further. Dividend tax is an income tax on dividend payments to the stockholders (shareholders) of a company. So same as above.

Corporations, wall street and millionaires/billionaires will love it if Ron Paul gets voted after reading this plan. They will be richer than ever at the expense of the middle/poor class. The rich and powerful will be even richer and more powerful, while the poor and middle class get even more screwed, is that really the world you want?

I used to be a Ron Paul fan until reading this plan and realizing hes just another wallstreet sellout, and worse than most his plan helps them more than any other.

edit on 18-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join