It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moons blue aura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I hope this is the right forum section for this.

Anyway for the past week i have been able to see this blue aura around the moon. It was difficult to describe so i didn't really say much, i thought it might just be my vision or something. So about an hour ago i sat down on the couch and noticed this blue glow between this maybe, 2 inch gap in the curtins, went outside and noticed it again. Decided to search google images, i came across an image of what i was seeing.

It's not a real image, only art, however the creator has said :

This glow may be due to the lunar radioactive atmosphere

Source

Has anyone seen this before?

I do not wear glasses, i do not have any visionary problems, i am not looking through glass, and the nights sky is clear where i live.

edit on 16-10-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: My apologies!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've seen a blue halo around the moon on some occasions but nothing quite like what's depicted in that image. Not sure what effects may be at work to produce what you have seen. Hopefully another member can help more. (Starred and flagged you in the hope that you'll get noticed and a member can help out.) But all sorts of weird-looking but quite natural (if rare) atmospheric effects are possible.

By the way, could you please provide a link to the page that contains the image and associated text, and also place your quote in [ex]external quote tags[/ex] rather than the "quote a post on ATS" tags that you've used? This is just to make sure you comply with the T&Cs here in terms of using other people's intellectual property.

EDIT: I have found the same statement and image at this page on redbubble.com. If it is the page you used then please add the linky. If not, well, that image and related statement is doing the rounds... We've seen that happen often enough.

I note that on the above-linked page, the artist says:

This glow may be due to the lunar radioactive atmosphere; though normally this will not be visible until the 23rd century, so I imagined it.

In other words, the artist is talking about a hypothetical future scenario of a radioactive atmosphere around the moon a couple of centuries from now. (Cause of such an atmosphere is not mentioned.) So, it has no connection to reality at this time. While the artist's comments are interesting I still am no closer to understanding why you saw what you saw.

If you have a camera, try getting shots of the moon tonight if it's showing the same effects. We'd love to see them. (End of edit.)

Many thanks,

Mike

edit on 16/10/11 by JustMike because: I added an edit.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I can continuously see it, and i don't have the proper cables to capture an image, and my phone camera is too bad.

It is weird i know, but the image is exactly what i'm seeing, however the the size varies each time i look at it slightly. Tonight the aura is like the one in the image, but previous nights it was more of a solid vibrant blue outline.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Could be something in the atmosphere? Are you in the city or the country? A lot of factors could come into play here to make this happen.

I've never heard of this this before though. It sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Instead of the atmosphere of the Moon glowing, could it not be that the light that is bouncing off the Moon is seen awkwardly around it, because of A) the nature of the light bouncing off the Moon, or B) something in our atmosphere?

I'll see tonight if I can see the Moon.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reflection of ice crystals ?

www.meteoros.de...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I live in south australia, outer metro. And i have seen this in different locations, i last saw it when the moon was full, its just over half now.

there is nothing of similar colour, its no trick or light reflection, i can stand out in my backyard when all is almost pitch black behind and see this blue aura around the moon.

Regardless if i am somehow hallucinating or going blind, im legitimately seeing something with my eyes, it's almost frustrating, i don't know if i should be concerned with my vision lol.

reflection of ice crystals ? www.meteoros.de...

I don't know, i live in the driest state in the driest continent in the world, could ice really be a factor?
Also i just checked out some of the images, it's nothing like what i'm seeing, I feel if i were to take a photo, it wouldn't even show up, which obviously doesn't help my case in the slightest.

edit on 16-10-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Either way it has nothing to do with the moon or everyone would see it. It is most likely local atmospheric conditions or your window.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Either way it has nothing to do with the moon or everyone would see it. It is most likely local atmospheric conditions or your window.

My point exactly, though you haven't read my original post fully or you would have seen that i am not looking though anything and there is nothing in the sky, even clouds.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
I don't know, i live in the driest state in the driest continent in the world, could ice really be a factor?
Yes, because the atmosphere at high altitude is not affected by ground conditions or vice versa, so it's normal to have ice crystals over a dry area.

Also i just checked out some of the images, it's nothing like what i'm seeing, I feel if i were to take a photo, it wouldn't even show up, which obviously doesn't help my case in the slightest.
Try it anyway, at least you will know that you tried, and if the blue halo is strong enough it could change the colour of the Moon in the photo.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Are you talking about this? This was taken Friday night and is a still I captured from a video clip. I wish I could have
got a better shot. It looked beautiful. I think this is called a moon dog, but I'm not sure.

edit on 16-10-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Like i said, it looks like the moon in my original post, it really does.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I Think iv'e seen it like that before but once i have seen it orange it look awesome

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Guys I been seeing this for a while now as well and I also live in Australia and it actually does look like the picture in the original post. Like once I saw this I started surfing the internet to see what this was and found nothing and this is describes what i saw perfectly.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Most likely what you are seeing is caused by ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. If the phenomenon last longer than a day or two, I would seriously consider getting my eyesight checked. Try looking at a candle or point source of light. If you see a similar halo, you may be developing corneas or other problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
nope its just the moon i dont see any halo around other light sources. And its not really a halo its like an irregular blue aura, the shape changes as i look at it. Its a supermoon at Australia today if that helps :/
Ice crystals look like this
media.hamptonroads.com... (sorry idk how to upload images D

what im seeing is actually on the orginal post

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky
reflection of ice crystals ?

www.meteoros.de...

Otherwise known as a Moonbow:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
its definitely not that the aura looks like ugh idk it doesnt look real

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Just seen this blue aura my self for the last hour that's why I am surfing the web thought I was seeing things even saw the moon smiling at me

top topics

join