It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 People Arrested at CitiBank (NYC)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

23 People Arrested at CitiBank (NYC)

www.livestream.com

Happening now. Twenty-three people entered CitiBank in protest to close their accounts. Two people were allowed to leave the building after successfully closing their accounts. One was approached by an undercover police officer and then arrested. The remaining twenty-one people inside were then locked in until police arrived on scene and placed them all under arrest. It is unconfirmed that they were charged with disorderly conduct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I saw this with my own eyes on the livestream (provided link). This is scary. We have the right to close bank accounts without fear of being placed under arrest. Is there some law that I am unaware of that was broken by protesters? I hope any customers of this bank take serious notice of this and decide to do their banking elsewhere. I suggest doing it quietly and not stating it's done in protest.

www.livestream.com

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I live in Seattle....and it has been on the local news...that many, many people in the Northwest are withdrawing their money from the various banks...and depositing it into Credit Unions....not one of these people was arrested.

I just don't understand why the people in NYC at Citibank were arrested.....what is it that we are not being told about this story?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
this is concerning
in all sorts of ways

primarily making post so i'll get updates
and hopefully more information when there is more known

something is not right about this...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thats absolutely insane!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes - Its private property and as such you can be asked to leave for no reason at all. The people can close their accounts provided they behave. If the engage in action the bank doesnt like, they can be told to leave, and refusing to do so will result in tresspassing charges and peace disturbance.

Just because you have an account somewhere doesnt mean you can behave in any manner you chose.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kali, you said you saw this happen on live stream, from what you could see were they disruptive in any way? I cant see the live streaming video
my internet connection isnt fast enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There is one thing that has me interested in the bank thing. So these people went in to pull out their funds? and were arrested. Well you can't be arrested for pulling out funds, so they had to trump up something else in order to charge them with. Easily done now days. However, once the money is out ....it is in your pocket. A few hundred or even a few thousand no problem but if you have tens of thousands what will you do with it?
suppose you move it to a Credit Union. Most credit unions do not keep their money just lying around in vaults. they have some but 99% of all of their funds are kept where? You guessed it...in the big banks. so unless the Credit union uses a small local back as their own depositor for their account, your money is still invested in the big banks. Use a credit union only if you are aware that it is invested in small local banks and those little banks have no connections to the big ones. Provided you are told the truth even if you ask.
In other words, these big banks "own" the credit unions by holding their money.
It very well may be that that credit union will deposit your money right back into the bank you just removed it from. I don't have a clue what to do about that, but I do know we got real trouble. Nothing is sacred now, nothing is safe from the Elite.
DH

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Now banks are going to tell us what we can do with our own money? Where is the outrage by our elected officials? Are they not elected to uphold the constitutional rights of the people of this country? This country should be outraged from California to NY. I hope everyone follows the actions of these people who wanted to make a statement about the banking system in this country. These banks bite the hand that feeds them.

I stopped using banks 20 years ago, and have been satisfied with my Credit Union ever since.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Citibank...isn't that owned by Abu Dhabi and the Saudi's?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You are free to close your account at any time.

You aren't free to go in as a mob and disrupt the bank's service.

This is what these people wanted to happen...they organized it to be disruptive...they didn't want to just close their accounts.

Let's not act surprised by manufactured controversy.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Yes, but only 10% of it.
as i remember 3 or 4 years ago tho.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I saw this with my own eyes on the livestream (provided link). This is scary. We have the right to close bank accounts without fear of being placed under arrest. Is there some law that I am unaware of that was broken by protesters? I hope any customers of this bank take serious notice of this and decide to do their banking elsewhere. I suggest doing it quietly and not stating it's done in protest.

www.livestream.com

Nope,you have a right to go close your bank account without causing a scene in a place of business. Which I'm willing to bet that they were doing. I can almost say with 99% certainty that they did.I'm sure more to this story will come out. You don't get arrested for no reason.And you're either paranoid or been on ats too long if you do.Obviously this doesn't include someone falsely accused of doing something.That isn't the case here.
edit on 15-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I hope the jails don't run out of room and we save space for the policemen who are breaking the law of hte land and attacking peacefull protestors all over the place.

If the pigs keep this up then they will need locking up for their own protection.

it's one law for all or no law at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
hey kali never made it out to boston but i am hiting up the occupy northhampton small but speaks volumes

On topic now
it would be great if you could give some detail about the live feed was ther audio or were thay stand offish at all?
things are heating up

edit on 15-10-2011 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Kali74

Yes - Its private property and as such you can be asked to leave for no reason at all. The people can close their accounts provided they behave. If the engage in action the bank doesnt like, they can be told to leave, and refusing to do so will result in tresspassing charges and peace disturbance.

Just because you have an account somewhere doesnt mean you can behave in any manner you chose.

You have every right to close your account at a bank. It is your money. If you walk into a bank, even IF it is private property, you still have the right to close your account. If they refuse then they should be arrested for theft. Your money being held by someone else who won't return it? Last I heard that was called theft. Maybe I'm just not understanding it.

PS- You do have a right to behave in any manor you choose. No one can tell you how to behave. Sure if they don't like it they can ask you to leave. But if you have business to conduct they should complete it and move you along. I don't understand this attitude of "bow down and behave" by some people. For the people, by the people... remember???

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The banks are afraid. With current state of the economy, if people start pulling out their money the banking sector could collapse starting a world wide run on banks everywhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't think there will be any updates until those who were arrested are released either on bail or without charge. Like I mentioned in my OP, I watched this live. Cameras did not go in as I believe that is against the law. People went quietly into the bank and from what I could see from the outside the people inside were not hopping around or anything. Could they have been speaking loudly or yelling? I suppose. However, most of these people are well aware of what is legal and what is not. I'm more concerned that bank managers claimed the people inside were doing things they were not. I will post more as soon as I feel I find credible info.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thank you Kali, very much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Yes there was audio, it all seemed fine. No cameras or audio went inside though so I can only say what it looked like.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join