It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 People Arrested at CitiBank (NYC)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow they looked super unruly!!! oh wait no they were all just standing there even though they were being illegally detained. I would have gotten in more trouble because I would have broken the window with a chair so that I could leave the building after being illegally detained, but that's just me

Looks to me they became rightfully unruly if you can call it that when the cops decided to arrest people standing outside of the bank doing nothing but trying to get info on the people inside to call lawyers for them...

What a world we live in, I cant wait until its burned to the ground so that we can start fresh once again.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device

Originally posted by Kali74
According to NYDailyNews.com 24 people have been arrested for criminal trespass and resisting arrest. Still waiting for more info.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

you cant believe what the news says anymore,
here is video,they don't look that disorderly to me

It looked like that lady was just at the bank trying to take some money out. She was kinda persistant but if I went to the bank and they told me I couldn't go in I'd ask some questions too. Then they force her into the bank to get arrested?

All I can say is, wow.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by geekinthepink

yeah,because you can tell what exactly happened in a 2 and half minute youtube vid!

2nd

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

veiled threats of violent revolution.

And these protestors cry at pepper spray...I'm trembling in my boots about this prospect.

But here's the thing...your thinking is just another problem with OWS...just continues to make OWS look like a bunch of cry baby kids. "Give us what we want or we are going to hit you".

Grow up...change things using the CONSTITUTIONAL process...not a threat of violence.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Kali74

I live in Seattle....and it has been on the local news...that many, many people in the Northwest are withdrawing their money from the various banks...and depositing it into Credit Unions....not one of these people was arrested.

I just don't understand why the people in NYC at Citibank were arrested.....what is it that we are not being told about this story?

The only thing that was different was that this was being broadcast as part of the protest. CITI wouldn't be releasing stats about how many people are closing their accounts across the country, so there is no real risk of panic, but when it's being broadcast around the nation that people are doing this in an act of protest it suddenly becomes public knowledge.

Have you seen ANY msm reporting on the GetMoneyOut movement? I haven't.

Of course, they've shot themselves in the foot by arresting people for closing their accounts, because thousands more will be going out to close theirs as soon as possible in protest.

I've seen reports of protesters across America cutting up their cards already, and when you think of how many people are protesting across the country, that's a whole lot of people who'll be shutting down their accounts in solidarity with those arrested.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

yeah,because you can tell what exactly happened in a 2 and half minute youtube vid!

2nd

There are multiple reports from people on the ground, people NOT associated with the MSM and not necessarily related to the protests either. I was watching this live today, and it was a lengthy process. At no time did I see any person there behaving "unruly" in any fashion. Oh, actually, I did, the undercover JP Morgan employee masquerading as NYPD. He was unruly, arresting and detaining a woman off the street for having closed her account!

Something that has become really apparent to me is how some people will absolutely refuse to accept the truth. Especially when those they disagree with are the ones having their rights trampled.

Funny how many Americans (mainly the right wing) seem to think their freedoms and liberties should only apply to them and those who agree with everything they believe.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

veiled threats of violent revolution.

And these protestors cry at pepper spray...I'm trembling in my boots about this prospect.

But here's the thing...your thinking is just another problem with OWS...just continues to make OWS look like a bunch of cry baby kids. "Give us what we want or we are going to hit you".

Grow up...change things using the CONSTITUTIONAL process...not a threat of violence.

I'll have to make an assumption here and suggest your Conservative and support the teaparty? Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's just that the most uneducated about the OWS movement tend to be Conservatives.

You could look any of this information up on the net if you chose to think for yourself and investigate to form an opinion, but I'll tell you anyway.
OWS is a democratic process. They are not making demands about anything, they are encouraging discussion and present the things that they believe will steer our nations in a better direction. That's all it is. There are conservatives there, liberals, students, WW2 vets, grandparents, ex-traders...
Many of what the OWS are calling for after their discussions (in general assemblies) are what the teaparty itself wanted!

In addition, there have been no threats of violence beyond the odd nutcase appearing in the crowd. This happens at every organic protest. It even happened at the corporately sponsored and staged protests of the teaparty. These lone voices do not speak for an entire movement, just as one crazy bible thumper with a gun doesn't speak for all in the teaparty.

The only violence seen in NY has been at the hands of the NYPD. They have been filmed, from numerous angles, pinning in peaceful protesters, punching and kicking protesters, spraying them with pepper spray, crushing them with barriers... Yes, the protesters push their limits, but that is what civil disobedience in protest is supposed to be about. Do not confuse violence with disobedience, because they are two entirely different things.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

2nd

You're kidding right? Here let me sum it up for ya. A woman comes to the bank and isn't let in. She asks why. She states she is a member of the bank. After a few moments she tries to leave in which the man grabs her and carries her to the doorway to the bank.

I'm pretty sure it didn't take you 2 and a 1/2 minutes to read that.

Did you watch the video?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Assembly is a constitutional right...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It looked like that lady was just at the bank trying to take some money out. She was kinda persistant but if I went to the bank and they told me I couldn't go in I'd ask some questions too. Then they force her into the bank to get arrested?
That's exactly what it looked like to me. They physically dragged her into the bank. When that dude started to grab her my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I'm thinking "wtf is the scum bag doing"...then all the cops come in and HELP drag her into the bank!!! Then everyone starts yelling "this is wrong", "shame", "you are disgusting"...I don't even know what to say, that is downright disturbing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I'll have to make an assumption here and suggest your Conservative and support the teaparty?

Assumption very very wrong

If you want to go see a threat of violence...go read the post I was responding to.

There is nothing to misunderstand about a movement that has no message.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Not on someone elses PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Clearly OWS isn't filled with Constitutional scholars.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, I think everyone should take every cent out of their accounts, just keep enough in to pay the bills.....and buy preps, cause all this isn't going to end well.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Clearly you believe everything you see on TV.

I'm sure there will be more phone video's and personal camcorder video's coming out in the next 24 hours that clearly show there were no disruptions OTHER than the peoples reactions to the police.

The MSM have a clear advantage in these situations, they can take footage and present it very fast. To their own needs mind you. The independant reporters have to go home and upload to youtube. In which they can be censored for any reason.

Think there is a conspiracy here? My buck is on yes.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
this is concerning
in all sorts of ways

primarily making post so i'll get updates
and hopefully more information when there is more known

something is not right about this...

It's not hard to figure it out. They were taking back what the elites run on. It means they are afraid of losing power. If everyone and their mothers closed their accounts the elites would lose power.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The French Revolution started as isolated incidents, and the French crown didn't respect the danger of dismissing it all in the same way that most of you are doing. If this fails, and nothing changes, then the real hell will move on the banks, corporations, and you folks who work so hard to defend them. And stopping it will be just as impossible as it was the last several times the 99% ripped the 1% to pieces and with them the rest of normal society.

Ah! Spoken like a true Frenchman (surrender to foreign invaders at the drop of a hat, but kill your neighbor just as quick) Robespierre would be proud. Will it be you leading the next Reign of Terror?

You really don't understand what's going on here. We're being given one last chance to do something significant about the overwhelming disparity between the few who've rigged the game of capitalism, and the rest of the industrialized world's population.

One last chance, is it? Game over, after this, is it? Who gave "we" this chance?

If government fails to address the need for those few, and the corporations that they control, to reach out and - at least - meet the rest of us halfway to solve the mess that THEY created in 2007-2008, and have perpetuated by sitting on nearly 3 trillion dollars in small and medium business investment capital, then you're going to be horrified by what starts happening from one end of the industrialized world to the other.

Oh! Last chance for The Reign of Terror the Sequel. Or Reign of Terror American Style. I see.

These kids are the peace negotiation detail. If they don't succeed in reshaping things in a fundamental way, the shock troops will follow, and you'll long for the days when idiot kids were protesting in city parks and even in bank lobbies.

I'm longing for them all ready.

This isn't kindergarten Tea Party crap. This is the real thing, and it's just watching and waiting to see if these silly kids will actually make anything change. Just like they did in 2007, when the Democrats took the House and Senate (to no avail), and in 2009-2010, when the DNC controlled both houses of Congress and the WH (again, to no avail). This street movement is the last shot, and while even most of the cops are supporting it, if nothing actually changes in favor of evening the playing field for all people who are working hard and playing by the rules, then it's all over.

Dear Lord, are you salivating while typing this outrage? Is your desire for violent upheaval so great that you would reduce peaceful movements as "kindergarten crap", and call the oncoming violence you insist is coming the "real thing"?

Violent revolution may come, or it may not. If it does, it is doubtful that it will come because reasonable minds prevailed.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Technically your home is property of a bank, somewhere, somehow.

Not very constitutional, eh?

No getting around it, property taxes are merely federal rent charges.

Besides, burning this world down to build a better one is fine, don't fear change. Fire is not absolute, it is not always the harbringer of death and dismay, fire, initially, lights a darkened path.

Unless you give it such morbid characterstics without considering the positive aspects of fire. If you said that you couldn't wait to bath mankind in sunlight, we could all assume that you wished skin-cancer upon us all. Everything is dependent upon how you perceive it. No opinion matters. Not even mine.

We may as well just walk away from this world while we still can.

As for the video, and the article... Well, lets just say that those people, once released, better have a damned good story for us. That is, if we even hear about any of these people from the MSM again. Sorry if none of my post made sense, I am extremely tired at the moment.
edit on 15-10-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Looks like law enforcement was the major contributors here.

If you have a Citibank account, it might be a nightmare closing that account. last I heard Citibank will let you close your account, But it might take 3- 5 days. It's usually up to the branch manger. The policy was made to prevent a run on the bank, Citibank made this policy when Indymac and other banks went under. I think Citibank will send you a cashiers check when you close your account, I think also depends on how much you have in your account also. Most banks have adopted this policy.

If you decide close your Bank account , don't be surprised when they tell you " we'll send you a cashiers check. If you can, open your credit union bank account up first, then have the money transfered by wire to your new credit union account. Oh and don't forget the receipt.

If your people are going do this don't wait until November 5th. I know it's symbolic, but be smart and do it early. who knows what the banks will do on November 4th 12 midnight.

Oh ! you guys will not be sorry for joining a credit union.

edit on 15-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Not on someone elses PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Clearly OWS isn't filled with Constitutional scholars.

Yet, you can be dragged on to someone private property?

Nice

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
My business is my property and you will conduct yourself in a civilized manner and not interfere with the operations of my business or its out the door with you.

Not according to some posters here, according to them you have no right to tell people on your property how to behave!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join