It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Protester Has World's Greatest Meltdown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Funny. When the cameras would pick some idiot hanger on out of the Tea Party protests, it was presented as evidence. "See! See! They're all rambling racists, homophobes, blah blah blah."

Now that the shoe is on the other foot we hear "Well, he was on drugs, didn't get enough sleep blah blah blah."

Love the double standard.

Well you could just as easily say it's hypocritical that the OP, neo, constantly defends the Tea Party when people scrutinize specific members of it (which I agree with, the entire tea party isn't where people should be wagging their throbbing fingers), but then he turns around and mass generalizes over 20,000 attendees based on one farcical youtube video?

No double standard there, right?
edit on 15-10-2011 by RidgidHarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder what the OP would say if I posted a video of Tea Partiers calling Obama racial slurs.

"YOU F'N LIBERAL! THIS VIDEO IS BIAS AND DOESN'T REPRESENT THE TEA PARTY!"

Yep.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
You do realize, of course, that the media always singles out that one moron in the crowd to interview and then tries to paint the movement as consisting entirely of those kind of people.

You know what would help your argument here....post a video of one of the "intelligent" protestors to counter all the idiot videos we are seeing.

I have asked this many time...and I never get someone to post a video of someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

All we see are all these morons in these videos...sure, you can't judge a whole protest off one video...but after every single video you see is of morons not knowing what they are talking about...you can start to get an idea of average protestor at OWS....and it's not good.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here you go.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This video actually is of the same guy in the OP video acting with a more level head. (He's after the Michael Moore part.)

This leads me to believe my previous post that it appears the OP video is taken out of context.

To be honest, I think this video is taken out of context. He goes on to talk about not being violent, and for the rich elite to get out of there (possibly meaning the cops "paid by the elite"). There's people taking video and giving hugs (solidarity after an emotional event). It's possible that some sort of violence or police arrests had just taken place. Perhaps someone arrested was a friend of his, causing him to be extra emotional. The girl who was simply filming was also sobbing, making me think something happened prior to the video causing emotional distress among the people there.

Context is key.

edit on 15-10-2011 by reluctantflux because: word fixins

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How do you know that this is even OWS? It doesn't look much like the other videos.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I usually don't participate in the political forum because there's typically more focus on the personalities than there is a specific topic. So I have to wonder what's the point of this thread? Is there actually a message? The only message I can see is an antagonistic five paragraph ad hominem attack against one of the protestors.

Quotes like,

"... might want ot see a pychiastrist in my opinion. "

"Pinhead or Patriot ..."

So why is this thread even allowed to stay alive on ATS? If the whole thread topic is to rail on someone. How can the debate rise above the tone of the OP? As far as I'm concerned all threads berating people should be instantly thrown in the junk bin ‒ starting here.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
I usually don't participate in the political forum because there's typically more focus on the personalities than there is a specific topic. So I have to wonder what's the point of this thread? Is there actually a message? The only message I can see is an antagonistic five paragraph ad hominem attack against one of the protestors.

Quotes like,

"... might want ot see a pychiastrist in my opinion. "

"Pinhead or Patriot ..."

So why is this thread even allowed to stay alive on ATS? If the whole thread topic is to rail on someone. How can the debate rise above the tone of the OP? As far as I'm concerned all threads berating people should be instantly thrown in the junk bin ‒ starting here.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

Agree completely. Report it to staff. The more of us that do the better the chance of getting it removed.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This thread is a typical attack against the OWS protestors. There are a lot of people that just love to troll their political agendas here.

I think for the most part, the members here on ATS want the people of this country and the world to wake up and take notice of corporations influencing our government officials and how our constitutional rights are slowly being trampled upon. These protestors are not sitting behind a computer and complaining about things that are wrong in society. They're actually getting off their butts and doing something about it.

So as an ATS member criticizing people who are making their voices heard, it seems quite hypocritical. For every conservative and tea party protest, I could go around and find the same kind of unstable or poorly informed individuals. This type of video has been done by both liberals and conservatives.

If we're going to get past the bickering and the finger pointing in this country, the OP needs to stop spreading his political conservative ideology. Both political sides have their good points and bad. People need to recognize this and try to compliment and accept the good points of each party.

Say what you want about this guys breakdown, but all I have to say is what are you doing to help change our society for the better. He's at least standing in the rain and cold and trying to make a difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

If this was a thread attacking Republicans (although there are plenty of Republicans at OWS), it'd be reported in a heart beat and one of the right wing mods would be on it in no time.

The unbiased fun of ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thread is being closed for both a staff review and to allow everyone a chance to cool off.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join