It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Amusing flowchart guide to the best books (Fantasy and Science Fiction)

page: 1
10

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I came across a link to this amusing flowchart guide to picking a science fiction or fantasy book on the Iron Sky twitter channel, and thought it was worth posting here.

The full size version is at the link below:
www.box.net...




edit on 14-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Lots of good books on there.

Can't really go wrong with any of them.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
theres 1 missing

Devastation by Daniel d Longdon



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
WTF!!!!

Wheres Dune????



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
WTF!!!!

Wheres Dune????


The Dune chronicles are half way down the page, towards the right-hand side of the page.

If Dune wasn't included, I would NOT have posted the flowchart!


Personally, I would have struck off most of the fantasy books to make more space for Orson Scott Card (although at least Ender's Game is on there...), Ben Bova, Larry Niven and Heinlein.

Mmm. Looks like Neal Stephenson has some new books out that I haven't bought yet... Time to get my credit card out!

edit on 14-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
That is an awesome deal. I'll have to look into some of these.


It has my two favorites, so I hope the rest of the books on here are that good.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What's scary is that I've read most of these books. I guess I should start going through the ones I've missed LOL. They probably should have included some of Tad Williams work. Otherland is as good a science fiction series as any I've read.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
heres a story of epic proportions

www.amazon.co.uk...



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
What's scary is that I've read most of these books. I guess I should start going through the ones I've missed LOL. They probably should have included some of Tad Williams work. Otherland is as good a science fiction series as any I've read.


where's sam muldoon and the Philosophers Stone?

www.abovetopsecret.com...


(post by BartMarket removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've probably read about 80% of that flowchart, lol...so considering the company, going to have to give the other 20% a shot! Thanks!



posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

I've probably read about 80% of that flowchart, lol...so considering the company, going to have to give the other 20% a shot! Thanks!


Surprised I missed this thread when it was first authored. I think I am right around where you are 70-80%. Many of these are must reads for anyone into Sci-Fi or Fantasy Fictions.



posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This is great! Thanks Isaac!



posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

If Dune wasn't included, I would NOT have posted the flowchart!



Great chart Isaac, I'm about halfway through Dune at the mo (first reading) and it's awesome.


Quite a few I haven't read but glad to see 'Flowers For Algernon' on there (also 'Snowcrash', 'American Gods' and ''The Forever War').



posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
OP, you are awesome for posting this. Stars to anyone who flags this thread!



posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cool chart. Would definitely add Tad Williams Otherland series and also a book that is close to my own heart The City and the Stars by Arthur C Clarke. Stephen King's Dark Tower is a must for lovers of a long book series. He's probably writing more too.



new topics

top topics



 
10

log in

join