It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty Of Iran, In Pictures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The news lately has been very disturbing. It appears our government has fabricated another reason to attack Iran, under an apparent false flag. The propaganda machine is working overtime, and trying to make it acceptable to the American public for its government to get involved militarily with yet another country. Obama gave the go ahead for Israel to attack Iran earlier today.

When I see and hear everything leading up to this, the total disrespect for life haunts me. I don't feel well, literally. I think about all the families which might be destroyed, the innocent human beings who might be killed, the history destroyed, which Iran has a lot of, and how peoples lives might be completely torn apart and turned upside down.

I wanted to put a face on Iran, because I don't think many know how beautiful of a country it is. I have a few Iranian friends, and they are some of the nicest and warmest people I've come across. It hurts me to see them worrying about friends and family, and hearing that everyone back in Iran is afraid and wondering what will happen next. It's one thing when governments don't get along, but too often many ignore all the innocent who are effected. People, just like you and me.

I don't want this thread to be about the politics involved. They're enough threads on ATS where you can talk about that. Rather, I wanted to give anyone who'd like, and opportunity to take a minutes and just look at some of the beauty which Iran beholds, and see how us humans are not all that different, no matter what government we live under.

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-K3B2_UWio-o/SrSWmS_H8iI/AAAAAAAAVeY/ruqejfHEjJo/s912/Kerman%252520-%252520Mahan%252520%2525288%252529.JPG[/img ]

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MtVY6Z863yY/SrSLbj0e-aI/AAAAAAAAVIM/0iQlIhSxfZs/s640/Semnan%252520-%252520Bastam%252520%2525284%252529.JPG[/im g]

< br />

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dStmmHstJUQ/SrSVZI5rduI/AAAAAAAAVbo/q7Pr8uxGixc/s720/Shah%252520-%252520Bistun%252520%25252817%252529.JPG[/img ]

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sB7vEFUn8-E/SrSNY2Bes-I/AAAAAAAAVLI/g3x_oYdEc6Y/s512/Fars%252520-%252520Margoon%252520%2525282%252529.JPG[/img ]

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-y0T6ZkY-AtM/SrSLUKvdaOI/AAAAAAAAVH8/Tp9Lskmw34w/s640/Khorasan%252520-%252520Toos%252520%2525288%252529.JPG[/im g]

edit on 14-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's amazing how much beauty can be found in all corners of the world... often even in one's own backyard. It is a shame that all it seems to take is a handfull of ugly individuals to claim leadership in any place to incite wars that turn that beauty to dust.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
WOW!! Absolutely stunning.
Thank you so much for helping me see Iran through the crystal clear lense of a camera instead of the muddled, hyperbolic, fear-mongering, distorted lense of our media. S&F for you OP.

Just breathtaking

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Yeah, real nice......

now show us some pictures of the Iranian people!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

good point you make....

seen the pics all before though:

The Beautiful Iran You Weren't Meant To See

old thread but the pics are embedded.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Sumore'

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
A beautiful and ancient land that should be protected along with its people.
Pictures like these remind of Iraq before the USA shocked and awed the nation to hell..

I wonder which nation will be attacked next? Becuase it seems almost a certainty that Iran is a goner now. My fingers are crossed for a miracle to stop an attack by the US and Israel on Iran.
They must be wetting themselves with excitement behind closed doors about who to frame-up next in the halls of power in Israel and America.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That sure contrasts with the impression we're fed by the media. Tehran's skyline looks similar to any other major city in the world. I don't know quite what I was expecting....something more like Morocco and the squared, adobe type buildings and architecture?

It's interesting seeing it from a perspective that isn't being produced to fit an agenda though. I'm also struck by how much the Iranians on the street there look just like us. If they spoke English or I spoke Farsi, I could see spending an enjoyable vacation at a few of those spots, if our Governments didn't hate each other.

I wish we'd have a few shows on national channels showing Iran from this light. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to tolerate the governments seeming need to break everything in the pictures....for what reason again? I give up on that sometimes..

Thanks for the images!

edit on 14-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I really hope this whole war thing isnt true and its just being blown out of proportion by the paranoids and doom mongers on here.

Living in Malaysia I meet many Iranians who come here to study, Malaysia being a very popular destination for Iranians due to the fact its one of the few countries in the world they can get visas.

The Iranians I have meet without exception have been remarkably friendly and welcoming people who far from being the radical Islamists we are led to believe are very moderate.

Most of them drink and party and very few of the women wear the Tudung or practice any form of religious ritual.
From my conversations with them everyone in Iran thinks things were better prior to the revolution and almost all of them recognise their heritage isnt Muslim and they resent being put into the same catergory as their Muslim/Arab neighbours.

P.s nice pics, wish it was safe to travel there as I love historical stuff

Im sure the American military machine will say this is about removing a dangerous regime that threatens global peace from power, how ironic it is that that is pretty much how 90% of the world views the American government.
edit on 14-10-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yes the old thread was very good, but this is a timely reminder of the beauty of a country that is seldomly seen or spoken about in these days of conflict.
Thank you OP

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Very nice, posted before and there has been similar posted about Iraq pre-war...

None of that matters according to the TV, they are BROWN, and deserve to be dead as a result of collateral damage...

It's all good though....

You know where the "debunkers" remain silent? In threads like these! They are right there when a UFO isn't real, or a military transport is legit, but you'll never see them in these threads "debunking" anything, because they can't! They only appear when there's a reasonable doubt... where are they for this stuff???
edit on 14-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thank you for a very timely thread.
More than buildings and landscapes there are the people of Iran.
Just as beautiful and as precious as the lives of any others.
God help us all if our government is so stupid and evil as to start one more war as it will be our last.
Russian and China will not sit silently while we destroy a major source of energy for them.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Such amazing architecture and landscapes! Thanks a ton for putting these pictures out there OP.

It definitely made me stop and realize how you typically don't see these types of pictures Iran, Iraq, or any country in the middle-east for that matter. At least in the majority of mainstream.
It's as though American media doesn't want us to know that they have beautiful culture and buildings.

Every country has issues though, don't get me wrong.

But maybe TPTB believe if we're kept ignorant enough and not allowed to see these people thriving in these fascinating cities and villages we'll just believe they're ignorant, useless, cave-dwelling barbarians.
Then apathy typically sets in towards those we don't understand.

Anyway good stuff and I'll be sharing these photos with a few people for sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe it would be fair to say the Americans hate Iran because Americans hate beauty, culture and history.

Hey man its better than that rhetoric " The terrorists hate our freedom"...... uh no, I think they hate the fact that gov has the freedom to murder civilians by law.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, there wont be much beauty left if the US and Israel have anything to say about it.

Iraq, one of the oldest civilizations on the planet, has been decimated and turned into dust. Not to mention the thousands of tons of radioactive depleted uranium which has been dumped there.

We need to stop these maniacs.

edit on 14-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.boston.com...

theres that beautiful Iran in action sure would be a nice place to visit.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What a gorgeous country, do not fear TPTB will soon get it all messed up for yet another false war!.

1 day we may learn, but i fear not, someone has an agenda for all of this #!.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Obama gave the go ahead for Israel to attack Iran earlier today.

Obama is a slave for Israel and Israel doesn't need permission from him.

Obama is a puppet for Zionist lobby in America and he is a slave for those people.

IMO : This is Information war. Are you ready ?
edit on 14/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Iranian are aware about their historical places and they don't need Angelo-Saxons to take care of their own history.

Comparing Iranian people with Iraqis is just a mistake.

You can see the differences in the 8 years of war between these two countries.

While Saddam was gassing his own and Iranian people , Iranian stood so noble and avoided doing such none-humanistic actions.

Iran hasn't started a war after Islamic revolution and bastards know it better.

No offence , bastards don't respect the facts. They do as they wish.

Iranian people stood against the whole world during 8 years of war with Iraq.

Iranian need no help , Their faith in Allah will be their blessing.
edit on 14/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join