It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty Of Iran, In Pictures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by MysticPearl

Such a shame its all going to be smoldering rubble soon, all in the name of freedom
It seems to me TPTB know something they aren't letting everyone else in on, like some end of the world event coming soon. Its the reason they are snuffing out as many "tyrants" as they can before this big event happens.

If they want to snuff out tyrants, start with Bush and Cheney. Also, I won't feel any safer or any more free if we attack Iran. If anything, I'll feel less safe traveling abroad, because many around the world are sick and tired of us starting a military conflict in every other country.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I can't believe how many people are willing to praise a country because it looks "pretty." Its amazing how we're willing to forget the horrific crimes against humanity that happen quite often in Iran just because of a picture of a beach.

Come back to planet Earth, folks.

(Before the nutjobs reply to me in order to flame away, I don't believe we should get involved with Iran or go to war with them as they pose no threat on an international level, but Iran is a threat to Iran and frankly, its none of our business to get involved, military wise.)

I think you are completely misunderstanding this thread. I think this was posted to show that it isnt as bad and ugly as you see on western mainstream tv. When you see iran on tv it is always about war or is dark, bleak and deserted desert landscape, while in fact they have both nature and amazing architecture as well as ancient structures.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A beautiful thread which made me very sad.

Thank you for painting the other side of the picture for me - too often we tend to dismiss countries engaged in strive and suffering as being nothing more than "a couple of mud-houses in the sand".

As a South African I often hear foreigners state their belief that my country is nothing more than wild bush, lions and unsophisticated pigmies in loin-cloths. Obviously nothing could be further from the truth - and I should be the last person to exhibit that exact type of mentality with regard to countries such as Iran! What an invaluable lesson to me!

My thoughts go out to the beautiful people of Iran. May we all persevere and cross these large bridges on our path together.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I totally agree with your sentiment. I love Iran and feel they are much more than just hills and cities. They interact soo nicely with each others and come on they made the first in the world human rights so USA is far far behind them.

Here are some extended family-photos that show how happy Iranians can be in social settings. Its quite stunning if not beautiful in a kinda "scary" way. "smile"

Regards from,
Most passionate community-me

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Been to Iran. Several times. Several areas. While there are some "educated" folks there, the average citizen is a religious moron. That is the only way you can have such a screwed up country, and that is to have if filled with morons (religious or not). Much like America. We are in this position because your average votor is a complete idiot. Most people don't even understand how to balance their own firggin' checkbooks for crying out loud. Get a grip people.

So yeah, go on and on about the nice scenic views....blah....blah....blah......ignore the real problem and embrace your own ignorance.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

I can't believe how many people are willing to praise a country because it looks "pretty." Its amazing how we're willing to forget the horrific crimes against humanity that happen quite often in Iran just because of a picture of a beach.

(Before the nutjobs reply to me in order to flame away, I don't believe we should get involved with Iran or go to war with them as they pose no threat on an international level, but Iran is a threat to Iran and frankly, its none of our business to get involved, military wise.)

I think you are completely misunderstanding this thread. I think this was posted to show that it isnt as bad and ugly as you see on western mainstream tv. When you see iran on tv it is always about war or is dark, bleak and deserted desert landscape, while in fact they have both nature and amazing architecture as well as ancient structures.

My post was directed to those who excuse Iran from horrific crimes against humanity judging by "pretty" pictures.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Great post, some people say that america is trying to get in there because alot if humanities history is buried there.I think they not to long ago found some ancient metal books there too..S& F
edit on 14-10-2011 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Beautiful photos of Iran.

I say if the PTB try the same bs they pulled with Afghanistan and Iraq, we remove them from power. The madness they create must be stopped. The only threat to international security and World peace is the U.S. After all, they are the only ones invading other countries.

Terrorism is not a reason for all out war. Trust me when I say that a phony terrorism attack will be the excuse they use for war. Iran doesn't want to go to war with NATO They might be defiant towards the U.S. but they don't want to provoke all out war with them.

Does anyone think that it's just a coincidence that NATO is occupying many of the countries that surround Iran? I don't. They have been planing on going to war with Iran for many years now, and they will fabricate the excuse for war. Don't believe them.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ty op for posting pictures of this nation-state as the msm loves to potray them as being cave dwellers with pipe-bombs strapped onto their backs, only goal in life to kill Americans.

Ty, prior vet, but tired of the Military Industrial Complex killing at will

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I think perhaps that you believe too much of the propaganda that's been force fed to you. The U.S. commits more crimes against humanity than any other nation. But I suppose that's okay for you because the U.S. is fighting for freedom and liberty.
....Yah right! Americans aren't slaves at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Then I guess we agree. I guess it was me who misunderstood your post then.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thank you...you are the counter offensive! There is an Iran stew brewing...I can see it, and know it....it's the now defunct blame game...Blame all our problems on Iran...we are too smart now to believe the crap about some staged set up....even so when someone unfotunately is killed....It is a Theatre my friends.....pay your ticket and watch the show.....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is a refreshing perspective, OP, thanks.
Since I don't have a second line, I simply invent it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Been to Iran. Several times. Several areas. While there are some "educated" folks there, the average citizen is a religious moron. That is the only way you can have such a screwed up country, and that is to have if filled with morons (religious or not). Much like America.

christian morons, islamicized persian morons, yeah, same thing!

sadly, the persian/zoroastrians succumbed to the salvation-appeal as well as militarization of islam just like the new world americans succumbed to the salvation appeal and absolute self-righteousness and now militarization of judeao-christianity via zionists whether jew or christian or even some muslims who are zionists, its all the same supremacy complex.

the only difference is it is clear which is lesser of the two evils, just look around at who is nuking and dropping bombs on country after country and killing off civilians by the millions per nation

its a shame the noble parsi people that define iran, not their stupid cia-installed islamic ahmadi nejad, will be sacrificed by America this time around in the name of anti-islam and anti-terror.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

My post was directed to those who excuse Iran from horrific crimes against humanity judging by "pretty" pictures.

That is the same as getting mad that there aren't pictures of KKK gatherings in a thread about beautiful American scenery. You are such a hypocrite. No one is excusing anything. Just showing that what the MSM portrays isn't always correct.

You seem to think you can't look at the beauty in a country, without bringing up all the atrocities. Yet when I review some of your posts in threads about America, I don't see you calling out everyone for not bringing up all the American atrocities which have been committed.

Basically, you can't discuss Iran without bringing up government atrocities, but you don't hesitate to discuss the US without bringing up our governments own atrocities.
That, sir, is a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Beautiful I never thought Iran would look look like that.

I really hope it really doesn't come to warfare. My country has been itching to get at Iran for decades, enough is enough. How many wars can we fight at one time?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You know where the "debunkers" remain silent? In threads like these! They are right there when a UFO isn't real, or a military transport is legit, but you'll never see them in these threads "debunking" anything, because they can't! They only appear when there's a reasonable doubt... where are they for this stuff???
edit on 14-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

These vids are kindof BS. I was there in Iraq minute 1 of the war. I saw everything north of Baghdad. 95% of it was a craphole. Sewers were the streams in the streets. Everything smelled of crap, oil and dust. And those were the nicer rich cities like Kirkuk.

The mountain ranges up extreme north were nice at a distance, but then you realize that is Turkey.

You can't take 100 nice nature & architecture pictures from a place and say how beautiful it is. I can probably do the same thing to Flint MI and make it look like a wonderful place, but we know that's not the case.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Mmmm it's gonna look alot better after the USA nukes the place. It will have a real natural look afterwards, think crystaline quality landscapes.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

I think perhaps that you believe too much of the propaganda that's been force fed to you. The U.S. commits more crimes against humanity than any other nation. But I suppose that's okay for you because the U.S. is fighting for freedom and liberty.
....Yah right! Americans aren't slaves at all.

Once again, another person who doesn't read what I actually post before they attempt to flame or act higher than me.

The government of Iran commits horrific acts of nature against its very own citizens, including gays/lesbians, prostitutes, adulterers, protesters, etc. These acts range from torture to executions.

Now, I want you to go out and try to find where I said the United States does not commit horrific acts of nature against citizens of other countries. Please, really, for the sake of sanity, go find where I said that. Thanks, sweetie

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join