It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty Of Iran, In Pictures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Beautiful of course, but still doesn't change the fact of the matter that this is still IRAN
edit on 14-10-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by juleol

I can't believe how many people are willing to praise a country because it looks "pretty." Its amazing how we're willing to forget the horrific crimes against humanity that happen quite often in Iran just because of a picture of a beach.

Come back to planet Earth, folks.

(Before the nutjobs reply to me in order to flame away, I don't believe we should get involved with Iran or go to war with them as they pose no threat on an international level, but Iran is a threat to Iran and frankly, its none of our business to get involved, military wise.)

I think you are completely misunderstanding this thread. I think this was posted to show that it isnt as bad and ugly as you see on western mainstream tv. When you see iran on tv it is always about war or is dark, bleak and deserted desert landscape, while in fact they have both nature and amazing architecture as well as ancient structures.

My post was directed to those who excuse Iran from horrific crimes against humanity judging by "pretty" pictures.

That is the same as getting mad that there aren't pictures of KKK gatherings in a thread about beautiful American scenery. You are such a hypocrite. No one is excusing anything. Just showing that what the MSM portrays isn't always correct.

You seem to think you can't look at the beauty in a country, without bringing up all the atrocities. Yet when I review some of your posts in threads about America, I don't see you calling out everyone for not bringing up all the American atrocities which have been committed.

Basically, you can't discuss Iran without bringing up government atrocities, but you don't hesitate to discuss the US without bringing up our governments own atrocities.
That, sir, is a hypocrite.

Read the last post I made and the same challenge applies to you.

It seems no one can knock Iran's harsh and disgusting government without getting bashed.

If some of you love Iran so much, why don't you move there

edit on 14-10-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I did read what you wrote, and I do think that you and I are on the same level. I just think that Iran is demonised by the western media. I don't for a second think there are anymore atrocities committed in Iran than there are in any other country in the world. Too many westerners believe that Iran is some backward nation filled with evil people. The fact is it's filled with a bunch of good people who want the same things out of life as you and I.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Iran doesn't need to do anything to anyone.

The US is already imploding on itself and doesn't need a firecracker like Iran to do it. The UK is also following suit as will Europe eventually to some point.

The balance of power is shifting and I fully expect the new empires to rise out of the east where the likes of Iran, Russia, China etc do business without the old giants.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Some more beauty here...www.yesmagazine.org...

Iran has beauty, but it has along way to go for human rights.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Guzzeppi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I did read what you wrote, and I do think that you and I are on the same level. I just think that Iran is demonised by the western media. I don't for a second think there are anymore atrocities committed in Iran than there are in any other country in the world. Too many westerners believe that Iran is some backward nation filled with evil people. The fact is it's filled with a bunch of good people who want the same things out of life as you and I.

I agree with you. Although I'm not sure if Iran as a country is demonized by the western media, only their ruthless bigoted disgraceful President. But I could be wrong...

Iran is just another backwards Middle Eastern country with a corrupt political system that relies on Religion to form a governmental structure. Sure, the people are good but its ran by a group of extreme fundamentalist wackos.

But that's what you get when you don't separate religion and state.

The United States has no right to inflict any harm on any Iranian since the country poses NO threat to our security once so ever. But I feel it may just happen sooner than we think.

Oh and FFS, before someone else takes my post out of context, I am not saying the US government is saintlike or perfect. Our country has committed many atrocities in wartime throughout history. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The news lately has been very disturbing. It appears our government has fabricated another reason to attack Iran, under an apparent false flag. The propaganda machine is working overtime, and trying to make it acceptable to the American public for its government to get involved militarily with yet another country

I'm only going to respond to this part of your post,as I could give two #s how 'beautiful' Iran is. Right,our government is the only one that fabricates things. Yeah,no other countries do that at all. Just the USA.

No,it couldn't be that Iran was actually planning this,no,it's the us goverments fault ! Seriously get a grip people.Not everything is a 'false flag''.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by juleol

I can't believe how many people are willing to praise a country because it looks "pretty." Its amazing how we're willing to forget the horrific crimes against humanity that happen quite often in Iran just because of a picture of a beach.

Come back to planet Earth, folks.

(Before the nutjobs reply to me in order to flame away, I don't believe we should get involved with Iran or go to war with them as they pose no threat on an international level, but Iran is a threat to Iran and frankly, its none of our business to get involved, military wise.)

I think you are completely misunderstanding this thread. I think this was posted to show that it isnt as bad and ugly as you see on western mainstream tv. When you see iran on tv it is always about war or is dark, bleak and deserted desert landscape, while in fact they have both nature and amazing architecture as well as ancient structures.

My post was directed to those who excuse Iran from horrific crimes against humanity judging by "pretty" pictures.

That is the same as getting mad that there aren't pictures of KKK gatherings in a thread about beautiful American scenery. You are such a hypocrite. No one is excusing anything. Just showing that what the MSM portrays isn't always correct.

You seem to think you can't look at the beauty in a country, without bringing up all the atrocities. Yet when I review some of your posts in threads about America, I don't see you calling out everyone for not bringing up all the American atrocities which have been committed.

Basically, you can't discuss Iran without bringing up government atrocities, but you don't hesitate to discuss the US without bringing up our governments own atrocities.
That, sir, is a hypocrite.

Read the last post I made and the same challenge applies to you.

It seems no one can knock Iran's harsh and disgusting government without getting bashed.

If some of you love Iran so much, why don't you move there

Harsh government huh? was that before or after our diplomats left the U.N. the first or second time. come on. when does a duck become a duck, and our overlords that our overlords, become real
.. just google the rothschilds in 1812 declaring war on america from Britain
. do not let yourself and your sense of nationilsm get in the way to kill innocent people, huh

Like guitle rothschild said if my sons wanted to stop all wars it would happen,.so throw your false hopes in on a nation that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to gain with nuclear technology other than to benefit its people

BUT HEY KILL ALL HUH

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Just wait till the Americans and British get around to invading, then see what it looks like after!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
I think perhaps that you believe too much of the propaganda that's been force fed to you. The U.S. commits more crimes against humanity than any other nation.

Funny how you quote propaganda that you are force fed to attack the USA!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I live in La Jolla, CA near the university. There is a large community of Iranians in this area. I have them as neighbors, have worked with them, even bought a used car from them. (The car is still running perfectly 7 years later!
)
They are a very friendly, curious people who love to talk history. Although they are predominantly Muslim(though not all), they do their best to assimilate and many people are actually surprised when they find out so-and-so is from Iran. I think, because of media bias, they are expecting the Ayatollah to live next door with his wife all wrapped up to her eyes.
My son (who is half-Arab) has a half-Iranian in his Kindergarten charter class. He is blond and blue eyed and looks completely American. His mother (an American, like me) and I were just discussing the demonization of Iranians last week. The trend is really making me uncomfortable and scared for their people.

However, I have this very deep suspicion that should the US and Israel start another war (which looks more and more likely by the day), they will have bitten off more than they can chew. Iran is not a poor, beaten-down country. I am convinced they have they are quite capable of retaliation for attacks. Oh well, maybe this will be what finally puts the bully in its place.
edit on 15-10-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Every six months someone posts pics about how beautiful Iran is. So what. Theres beautiful places all over Earth. Come back and post again after we turn those places into a parking lot!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Man, I need to get out of my house more often. How accepting are they of Americans over there? I'm sure a lot of them hate us. I hope that I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you think that we are going to war with Iran as the result of a false flag operation, read Ezekiel 37-39.

Chapter 37 talks about Israel coming to life again, while chapters 38 and 39 describe something that hasn't happened yet, and won't be fun for anyone.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
MysticPearl, you are talking about comparing two totally different things in your comments. Natural bueaty of a land scape and historical buildings (as bueatiful as they are) do not show ugly political motivations of radicals. Just as the bueatiful homes of where some killer lives does authentically show the killers deeds. Apples and oranges, if you will.
No one disputes the bueaty of the landscape, but the problems with the controlling powers preasent some issues for many.
Now if you were to try and show some good that the rulling party has done in pictures for the Iran, maybe than you may sway someone or maybe two.
Can you see where you need to go with this?
My polical views on Iran was set when I viewed a video of a 6 year old boy having his arm ran over by a car while his father held it, because he stoled something from the store. A bit extreme by most people's thinking, I would suspect. Unfortunately I would not be a good convert to start with. Others may however.
edit on 16-10-2011 by 4thHorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know as an American I think it's necessary to let those that aren't from America know that our government NEVER shows us things like this.. We are "led" as sheep to believe that the middle east is a horrible war mongering place that absolutely hates America plots our destruction on a daily basis. The American people really don't get to see the human side of Iran or the middle east; in the same way China & Russia portray us to their countrymen. Each super nation leads their people to believe that "THEIR" particular government knows what s best for them and they are only shown propoganda that supports their country. But I think people are FINALLY WAKING UP and seeing that their governments and media are LYING TO THEM... The world is about to change!! And the fat cats better beware!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have actually been to Iran, and I stood at Alamut, which was an unforgettable experience.
There are breathtaking beauties in that country.
But then the same is true of every other country on this planet. This is not political correctness speaking, it's the truth, and it couldn't be any other way.

So, yes, Iran is much more beautiful than any photos could convey. And I certainly appreciate the noble intent of the thread.
Nevertheless it puzzles me and worries me that beauty could make a difference.
If it were a "plain" country, with unattractive people in rags (all this theoretically speaking, of course), would it make any difference?
Would people actually care less about its fate?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join